• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

Okay, for those of you that have read the current chapters of Naruto lately, I'm just curious; what do you think of the idea of Kakashi stepping up to the plate and becoming the Rokudaime? I was kind of laughing at Kakashi's reaction; he's seeing the title as an inevitability.

Personally, I think it'd be hard to see Kakashi as a village leader, though I'd like to see it happen. He's already aware that it's likely to happen, but he's more concerned about the current situation that's going on at the Kage Summit. It's proof right there that he'd make a great Hokage with the way he's trying to look at the big picture and not just him becoming the Rokudaime.

On top of that, Danzou has his own agenda, and as such, his title of Hokage is kind of null and void, though it was more of a temporary title for the old war hawk at the time anyway.

If Kakashi becomes the village leader, I'm sure that it have both positive and negative reactions. He's a (very) talented Jounin, and while he may not be the most powerful shinobi in Konohagakure-Naruto probably holds that title right now-I think Kakashi is definitely best fit to lead the village right now, especially with the Fourth Shinobi War starting.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. What do all of you think?

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#2 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

It's complicated.

On one hand, I think his temper and behavior makes him unfit for the job. He's undisciplined, lazy, slacker, chronically-late and he isn't a good mentor. I think his place is in the frontlines, protecting his hometown and homeland through his fists.

On other hand, I think he is unambitious and empathic and would care for the people he would rule over and he would try being just. Those conditions are befitting for the job.

Now, plotwise, I am not certain I would like seeing it. I just don't imagine him wearing the funny hat. Then again, I don't want seeing Naruto becoming Hokage so soon. And who else is capacitated?

Maybe Tsunade will wake up from the coma and will solve the matter.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

I said this somewhere (I think right before that crazy Lord decided Danzo to rule), that Kakashi is not the type to become Hokage. Sure Tsunade, Shikaku and Yamato said it he should get the title, however, he's more suitable for the battlefield than sitting in a office with huge clerical work. If he becomes Hokage, he's sure going to have some issues and what will happen if Naruto go against Madara and Akatsuki? He's going to be in crossroad that will definitely gives Madara the huge advantage. Not to mention he's also lazy, somewhat a procrastinator, and a not-good mentor. Plus I betcha he'll read Icha Icha books in the office everytime he's alone when he's suppose to do paperwork.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

I like Danzou as the Hokage more TBH.

#5 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

It was a given from the start.

But I don't really think he'll have a chance to even sit at the Hokage desk. Right now, Konoha just needs someone to give out commands.

I think Kakashi will turn things over to Naruto anyways.

#6 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

Kishimoto couldn't break the cycle! Kakashi had to become Hokage at some point XD sure he isn't exactly hokage material as far as wants and personality, but for right now I think he will be good enough. He is calm at making decisions, and tactical; during a time of war he will be helpful. General running of a village however, well, I bet Tsunade will wake up before he has to wear his big hat for too long.

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 6 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto couldn't break the cycle! Kakashi had to become Hokage at some point XD sure he isn't exactly hokage material as far as wants and personality, but for right now I think he will be good enough. He is calm at making decisions, and tactical; during a time of war he will be helpful. General running of a village however, well, I bet Tsunade will wake up before he has to wear his big hat for too long.

I think Kakashi just views himself as a place holder for Naruto, and someone to stand against Danzo. The Jonin will easily choose Kakashi to Danzo. He's probably the best person to go up against Danzo, which is why Shikaku nominated him and Tsunade thought of him as an immediate sucessor.

Edited by ciardha, 06 December 2009 - 11:40 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

Kakashi is a good shinobi, I'll admit that. But he's a terrible leader. All the times we've seen him in charge of somebody else, he's screwed up royally. Konoha can't afford mistakes right now, and Kakashi makes a lot of them.

To be honest, in this period in time, I think Guy would be the best choice for Hokage. He's lead his team very well, he's a charismatic person, and is highly motivated at all times. In other words, everything Kakashi isn't, he is.

#9 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Dec 6 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kakashi is a good shinobi, I'll admit that. But he's a terrible leader. All the times we've seen him in charge of somebody else, he's screwed up royally. Konoha can't afford mistakes right now, and Kakashi makes a lot of them.

To be honest, in this period in time, I think Guy would be the best choice for Hokage. He's lead his team very well, he's a charismatic person, and is highly motivated at all times. In other words, everything Kakashi isn't, he is.

No, Guy is a bit too crazy and nowhere near smart enough to deal with the situation with Danzo. Kakashi's intelligence works better in the current situation.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 6 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto couldn't break the cycle! Kakashi had to become Hokage at some point XD

Actually, it was already broken because Jiraiya had refused the position and Tsunade took it because of Naruto.

Remember the order of the leagcy (going from the teacher/student perspective) :

Hashirama
Tobirama
Hiruzen
Jiraiya and Tsunade (both was trained by Hiruzen, Jiraiya was offered to the position but refused, you know the rest tongue.gif )
Minato
Kakashi (I believe he will turn down the position when he's offer officially)
Naruto

latest?cb=20140126021943

#11 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 6 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, it was already broken because Jiraiya had refused the position and Tsunade took it because of Naruto.

Not really. The cycle merely counts on one of the three that had been taught by a previous hokage becomes a hokage. The cycle doesn't really count on the one being male.

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 6 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really. The cycle merely counts on one of the three that had been taught by a previous hokage becomes a hokage. The cycle doesn't really count on the one being male.

And I wasn't using gender as the issue. Hence why I mentioned Tsunade as part of the cycle. And I was going by that cover, forgot the number where we saw from Hiruzen to Naruto, including Jiraiya and Kakashi. One of them decline the position, so the other might as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#13 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Hmmm...I would definitive say that he would only take it out of desperation. He is smart, tactical, and very good, but he is better suited for the field than a desk job. I think Kakashi will take it and say "This is only temporary."

Tsunade isn't dead yet. I have no idea if she is going to die or not, but she isn't dead yet. Kakashi will more or less be a substitute unless a proper once can be found or Tsunade wakes up.

That's how I see it. They could give it to Naruto, but he is not ready yet for that. Sure he has the power, but not the tacted.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#14 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

IMOP, just like others said before he's just better off on the battlefield even though he always winds up being rescued and not defeating the opponent. biggrin.gif Kakashi is just too lazy and his role as leader just fails. (Tsunade will wake up in time)

Too much cool Rokudaime Naruto Cosplay and FA out there to get screwed over. shamefulcry0js.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users