Close
Photo

What is your interpretation of chapter 457?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the moment in chapter 457? (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Pro-NaruSaku or Anti-NaruSaku?

1. Pro-NaruSaku (61 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Anti-NaruSaku (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

Spoiler alert, if you haven't read chapter 457 yet.

Sai does a flashback to a time a little back, before Pein's attack when the village was still whole.
Sai asks Naruto if he likes Sakura, and says, (not verbatim) ''I read in a book that people smile alot around people they like. You smile alot around Sakura.''

Naruto's response:
''......How can I? I can't even keep my promises...''

...wtf does that mean?! So which is it, then? Pro NaruSaku or anti? please tell me. I need to get some perspective on this.

I don't know, maybe it was the translation. Usually, in a sentence, especially one so short, a single misinterpreted word can ruin it. I'd like to see if any of you can translate, and maybe see what you get out of it.

#2 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Jul 24 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sai does a flashback to a time a little back, before Pein's attack when the village was still whole.
Sai asks Naruto if he likes Sakura, and says, (not verbatim) ''I read in a book that people smile alot around people they like. You smile alot around Sakura.''

Naruto's response:

...wtf does that mean?! So which is it, then? Pro NaruSaku or anti? please tell me. I need to get some perspective on this.

I don't know, maybe it was the translation. Usually, in a sentence, especially one so short, a single misinterpreted word can ruin it. I'd like to see if any of you can translate, and maybe see what you get out of it.

For me it is PRO NARUSAKU tongue.gif it is really a START We will see on the Next Chapter

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Pro. happy.gif

Naruto feels he can't confess to Sakura, because he hasn't kept his promise to her yet. He feels he doesn't deserve her, but he does love her. Sai now knows Naruto loves Sakura!

#4 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 24 2009, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pro. happy.gif

Naruto feels he can't confess to Sakura, because he hasn't kept his promise to her yet. He feels he doesn't deserve her, but he does love her. Sai now knows Naruto loves Sakura!

....ohh!!! that makes a world of sense! its so perfect... T_T
im so relieved...
thanks, smiter!! XD

#5 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Definitely pro. Or at least, it confirms that Naruto still likes Sakura. The next chapter will probably give us an insight of how Sakura feels. happy.gif

#6 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Jul 24 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....ohh!!! that makes a world of sense! its so perfect... T_T
im so relieved...
thanks, smiter!! XD

No problem!

I'm so excited, I can't wait for next week's chapter. XD I believe Sai suspects Sakura is developing feelings for Naruto - remember that chapter where he tells Sakura she's really warm towards Naruto, but is interrupted?

#7 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

This is definatly an all out pro NaruSaku moment.

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Jul 24 2009, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naruto's response:

From the conversations going on in the NaruHina forum, even they acknowledge that it was a NaruSaku moment, and are mainly focusing on the fact that Hinata was in Naruto's flashback. So, there is no need for you to worry so happy.gif

#9 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Jul 24 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely pro. Or at least, it confirms that Naruto still likes Sakura. The next chapter will probably give us an insight of how Sakura feels. happy.gif

Well, I think that it was kinda' a pro narusaku, but that was before Hinata confessed to Naruto about her feelings, so his feelings toward Sakura might be different. Or i could just be wrong and he still likes her despite the confession.

I'm just really exited for the next chapy happy.gif

#10 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Cecixx19 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I think that it was kinda' a pro narusaku, but that was before Hinata confessed to Naruto about her feelings, so his feelings toward Sakura might be different. Or i could just be wrong and he still likes her despite the confession.

headscratch.gif

anyway, pro pro pro especially because it looks like Sai is going to go rid of that final gap between Naruto and Sakura.

ps why was Sai having that flashback in the first place? it seemed random to me...maybe that will come up in the next chapter.

#11 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 24 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem!

I'm so excited, I can't wait for next week's chapter. XD I believe Sai suspects Sakura is developing feelings for Naruto - remember that chapter where he tells Sakura she's really warm towards Naruto, but is interrupted?

Aww, i know!! me too, im just so exited!!!
and yeah, those little NaruSaku moments always seem to get interrupted! remember it was interruprted again after the Yamato Speech, and before that when they were talking about how Naruto would die if the kyuubi was extracted?! i wonder if masashi's building it up...? xD
what do you think sai's going to talk about...?! 8-o

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

Its very Pro!~ wink.gif

As he said it, he could not confess because he hasn't fulfill his promise to her. Yet he still loves her and wants her to be happy.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Cecixx19 @ Jul 24 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wellll... I doubt Naruto's going to just drop his feelings for Sakura randomly like that. The way I see it, if Naruto really thought to himself, ''hmm, Hinata loves me, so maybe I'll just return the favor. I barely noticed her before, but I guess I've suddenly fallen in love with her. Sakura WHO?'' Kishimoto wouldnt have put that little piece in there if he wanted us to suddenly change gears and go with NaruHina. I believe vehemently that Naruto's still got a thing for Sakura.

And I also find it interesting that the series has been focusing so heavily on romance lately, when before there were only a scant few moments. In fact, Masashi went all the way and involved SAI, the socially and emotionally confused character who was always putting in his little 50 cents about these books he read. and the way its looking, he and sakura are going to make some serious revalations in the next (if not next, then upcoming) chapters

so yeah... looking forward to it! XD

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Jul 24 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
headscratch.gif

anyway, pro pro pro especially because it looks like Sai is going to go rid of that final gap between Naruto and Sakura.

ps why was Sai having that flashback in the first place? it seemed random to me...maybe that will come up in the next chapter.

It goes along the lines of Sai contemplating his place in Team 7 vs. Danzou's anbu that we've been seeing in the last few chapters.
I think it has more to do with Sai stopping Karui from beating up Naruto. Just 'cuz there was that flashback of Naruto saying "stay out of this" it makes me think there was another message between the lines. Like he's saying Sai should stay out of their whole narusakusasu business.
I think Sai is going to talk to Sakura about how hard Naruto is trying to keep his promise and how difficult it is on him.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 24 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the conversations going on in the NaruHina forum, even they acknowledge that it was a NaruSaku moment, and are mainly focusing on the fact that Hinata was in Naruto's flashback. So, there is no need for you to worry so happy.gif

Wait everyone was in that Flashback though.

I say it is a Naruto x Sakura moment TOO....

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 24 July 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#16 The Sincerities

The Sincerities

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

I say it's a pro.:] I also seem to have noticed that towards the end of the chapter, Sai went to go see Sakura after his flashback and said,

"Sakura, I need to talk to you..."

What could this possibly mean? I made a wild guess thinking he's going to say something to her about Naruto and how he feels about her. Then again, that's just me.
I'm also guessing Naruto said, "How can I? I can't even keep my promises..." because he made the Sasuke promise to her in order to make her happy. He put his own feelings aside and made that promise, yet he hasn't been able to for fill it for her. So I think Naruto may feel that if he can't keep his promise, then how would he be able to make the one he loves happy?

All I know is, I can't wait for next weeks chapter. I have a feeling it will reveal all our questions soon enough...

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 24 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait everyone was in that Flashback though.

Yes. But Hinata was in the front, and so that = poignant Hinata moment because she was at the front of the crowd, and so at the forefront of Naruto's thoughts...don't ask me. This isn't my logic. Just the 'logic' that I saw being used tongue.gif

#18 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

yes hinata was up front, but did anyoen take note of who was front and center and hence primary in his thoughts?

hint she has pink hair
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#19 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

I think it MUST have been a Narushika moment cuz he was in Hinata's position on the other side tongue.gif

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#20 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 24 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. But Hinata was in the front, and so that = poignant Hinata moment because she was at the front of the crowd, and so at the forefront of Naruto's thoughts...don't ask me. This isn't my logic. Just the 'logic' that I saw being used tongue.gif

Ah, yes the NH Logic xd..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users