137 replies to this topic

#21 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Another foolish moment from Sakura this chapter. I'm starting to think that she is just trying to get killed on purpose. Either that, or she's gone totally insane.

And Danzou. sad.gif

#22 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 4 2010, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And lastly, I am so ready for the group to get out of those beach blanket cloaks and get back to their own clothes. They look like they raided a hotel pool house before they set out to kill people. imho.

LMFAO!!! 111189.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#23 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

did Konohamaru just said...meow?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Feb 4 2010, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean, Akumaru... tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#25 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Feb 4 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont you mean Akumaru?

I think i shall wait until another Scan comes out before commenting further
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#26 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Well, that was a very liberal translation of the chapter (or some parts at least). I don't know why, but the scene with Danzo talking about his father dying in battle and his grandfather dying in battle kind of reminded me of Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump. Though I did like the flashback scene. I almost wonder if the question of who would be the decoy was really a test by the Nidaime to see who was fit for Hokage. I wonder if that was the moment that Danzo lost his chance to be chosen as Hokage since he failed to show to the team that he was willing to sacrifice himself for the team. Afterall, Hiruzen was the one to volunteer and he was picked as the next Hokage since he demonstrated his willingness for the team. Danzo, while he had good intensions and also thought about volunteering as well, his heart obviously wasn't in it. I guess even back then he was willing to let others sacrifice themselves for the greater good. Though I do give him some respect for trying to stop Sasuke and Madara right before he died.

I think eventually we'll see Sakura's team and maybe Kakashi's team coming across the scene at the bridge. Someone from Konoha has to have visual confirmation of his death and Sakura's team is trying to get there. It'll be interesting to see what develops between Sakura and her team. I think it's too early to speculate on what's going through her head. Sakura's a lot like her master Tsunade in that she hides her true intentions well.

And regarding Karin. Not dead yet. Until we see her corpse and someone confirms the death, she's not completely out of the picture yet. If she is completely dead, then that was probably the only death of a semi-major character in this manga that had no pomp and circumstance surrounding it.
End of line.

#27 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

she was willing to do it for naruto her conffeshon was a goodby kish loves his angest i hope sai can hold her but im pritty shure she wont die

#28 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

IM ONLY GON SAY DIS ONCE NOW YA HEAR. GET OUT MUH WAY.

#29 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

Sleepyfans Translation now in Opening Post

Is much better

I now understand what Kib Means

Sakura cant tell naruto what shes doing becuase she fears he will try to stop her or will hate her.
KIba thinks otherwise

and i also think otherwise i think he would have wanted to help sakura

Edited by Chesh, 04 February 2010 - 03:23 PM.

I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#30 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

From the short time of flashback I got the feeling there's much same in young Sarutobi and Naruto, both in looks and personality. Also koharu looks pretty much just like Ino...
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#31 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

The one thing that Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Minato, passed down is none other than than their infamous steel guts.......

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#32 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

For someone so determined she sure gave up on the sleeping gas thing as soon as Sai grabbed her hand. I mean maybe she calculated that she would no longer get all of them if it wasn't by surprise, but where's that insane strength? As far as Sakura making bad decisions, I agree with others who say she's acting as headstrong as Naruto would but at the same time, he wouldn't lie about his decision. I hope to better understand her in the next few chapters.

I'm still surprised by Sasuke's sudden giganto leap into the darkness. To that point, even though he's done a lot of shady things, He's always been stopped before going to far, giving hope to those who think he can be redeemed in Konoha's eyes, but this time there was no one to stop him, and it sure was surprising. I fully agree that if Karin is dead, Sasuke made a poor choice for his revenge in killing her since she was the main reason why he's made it this far. I'm curious what Juugo and Suigetsu will think if she is indeed dead. And I'm wondering what the outcome would be if Karin is not dead. Maybe Sasuke had Danzo use Izunagi on Karin?

I'm also with the group that understands Hiruzen better now even though I don't agree with his methods, he did indeed share a deep love for the village... And even though it did mention his father and grandfather I feel the flashback of Danzo's was less corny or cliche that some of which Kishi has presented to us before.

The Nidaime... his death... so he was reluctant. I had always wondered how he went out. Sodding sad that it was by the hands of a group of 20 ninjas. I wonder if he took them all out or if some are still lurking out there.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#33 kabu-chan

kabu-chan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

so... danzou = naruto, sarutobi = sasuke
or is it the other way around? o_O
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success.

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Chesh @ Feb 4 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sleepyfans Translation now in Opening Post

Is much better

I now understand what Kib Means

Sakura cant tell naruto what shes doing becuase she fears he will try to stop her or will hate her.
KIba thinks otherwise

and i also think otherwise i think he would have wanted to help sakura

Well, look how Naruto did react once he found out, no he didn't hate Sakura, but he freaked out, hyperventilated, and passed out. Kiba doesn't realize how intense a bond Naruto has to Sasuke, Sakura does.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

That translation was much better. Doesn't undermine Sakura's determination so much. Her end panel with her slipping her glove on and telling Sai to shove off makes up for he sad face panels. I thought she had her hand out to push Sai away - crappy scans, couldn't tell. Looks much better now.

I definitely think this one is foreshadowing of the future. The dark and the light, opposite but in harmony, they need each other to save the village, etc. etc. Chapter 480 played up Sasuke going over to the dark side, but this chapter shows that the dark side can still be redeemed. Not defending Sasuke, so don't even go there (Sasuke right now seems pretty unredeemable to me), just sayin' there's a lot effort put into this chapter to show the dark and light in harmony, and I don't think it should be overlooked.

#36 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

I think we need to revise a statement.

There are characters that have died in Naruto that did not have flashbacks, but we know they died. Seems only the most important characters have flashbacks.

Karin may have one last purpose, because if she didn't get sucked in that "explosion" then she is bleeding to death on the floor.

She may be still alive to give Sakura a message. Unknown what the message is, but we will soon find out.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#37 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

What do you know Danzou really was doing everything for his village afterall, he felt the guilt and jelousy of not being brave enough to volenteer to be the decoy, which ended up leading to the Nidaine's death, and Saratobi's promotion to Hokage, and went to extremes to protect Konoha and the peace it knows, not so different to Itachi in that sense I guess. Talk about taking rivalry to the extreme's. Though i'm surprised Danzou really dies, I wanted to know what his plans were, was he planning on trying to control Naruto through Kyuubi? What exactly were his plans, we were given so much info on Danzou's dealings and his possilbe plans and now nothing, the small question of Sai's loyalties don't matter because the person he might (a very small chance) be loyal to is dead. I was expecting some major friction between Danzou and Naruto and now he's dead, man that's dissapointing, was looking forward to Naruto's life under Danzou's rule.

Sasuke's off to Konoha already? wonder what he'll do when he see's the village he wants to destroy already a big Sunnydale size crator. He's definitely crossed the line in my opinion and can no longer be saved, he just killed the person who has healed him on numerate occasions with little or no thought...now that is true evil in my opinion. He's now a charactor that will only find salvation though death.

Sai vs Sakura? this would be an interesting battle, Sai can avoid Sakura's attacks with his bird painiting jutsu's but Sakura can easily knock out any painted animals he would send with a punch, so it would be a stalemate I think, his attacks would be useless and he's be able to keep a distance to avoid her attacks.

iAnby7W.gif

#38 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 4 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karin may have one last purpose, because if she didn't get sucked in that "explosion" then she is bleeding to death on the floor.

She may be still alive to give Sakura a message. Unknown what the message is, but we will soon find out.

Good call.

But if Sasuke leaves a teamate dying on a bridge, who in a fit of revenge is able to give a message about him in her last gasps, then he really has crossed the line into stupidity.

And I could see that scenario happening - if she had some info to give, which Sakura revives her enough to retrieve - it would validate both Karin's survival after Danzou's last deathsuck, and Sakura's headstrong run at Sasuke.

It would also be fitting the another girl scorned by Sasuke would ultimately contribute to his downfall through Sakura, the first girl scorned.

But... Kishi has opted for the less-straightforward pairing. I'm looking at you Sai and Deidara! Two artists on opposite sides, the fight of the century, who's artwork will triumph... Oh wait. Deidara's dead. Well, crap. *puts fight scene back into mental file of things that have never happened, plots bunnies escape everywhere before I get mental drawer closed again* Nevermind....

Edited by tricksie, 04 February 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#39 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

Well that's fine, just fine. I can tell Kishi is really cramming alot into one chapter though lol. Okay, I think Sasuke can take a break. Looks like its time for the Sai vs. Sakura mini battle. Then maybe some Naruto. Then maybe some NS lol.

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Well, after rereading the chapter, Karin's body is at the other side of the gap (created by Danzo's last move), where the tree/pillars are. Hopefully Sakura or someone else will get to her...

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users