222 replies to this topic

#41 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

Poor Naruto, the reason he had a miserable life was because he had no love. Lets hope Sakura can give it to him. And about the comment about restraining himself from a relationship because of the kyuubi, it dont make sense, the reason it was dangerous for Kushina and Minato was because the kyuubi was sealed on Kushina, and she got vulnerable when she had to give birth. There will no dangers for Naruto and Sakura, since the Kyuubi was sealed on Naruto, and not on Sakura, so everything will be alright when the time comes for her to have child.

On the side note, its impressive that Kishimoto is showing such mature themes on a teen manga, such as pregnancy and the conception of a child, things that we normally would see in a seinen and not a shounen. Maybe he is trying to break some taboos.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#42 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Did anyone get the feeling that maybe it wasn't Madara? Maybe it was some other baddie altogether? Like it was someone that knew them acting on Madara's behalf...an ultimate betrayal.

And yeah, the groundwork is there for Mikato to betray Kushina. So it seems that even little Naruto's birth was fraught with anguish.

The third's wife definitely looked like a Yamanaka.

The vessel filled with love - we know what happens when it's not: Gaara. And Naruto changed him by telling him about love so long ago.

#43 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 1 2010, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my only question is is if mikoto were friends with kushina, then why did she have to die when itachi killed his clan, unless she was working with madara, that would make alot of sense actually and that could possibly be her purpose for being in this chapter.

Though I can see how a lot of people are thinking that Mikoto betrayed Kushina by snarking on her to be malicious, I don't really see it that way. I always pictured Mikoto to be the dutiful housewife of the Uchiha clan who is loyal to her husband to a fault. She put her duty to her husband and clan over her duty as a villager of Konoha or even her children for that matter. It seems to be that Fugaku was a very dominating figure in the Uchiha household and expected subservience from Mikoto. So to me, her crime in the entire Uchiha scandal was that she was complacent. She did nothing but bite her tongue and watch as her sons were manipulated for the greater good of the Uchiha clan. She did nothing as her husband tried to plot the downfall of Konoha. But that's just my interpretation of things.

At least Mommy Kushina and Daddy Minato got to see Naruto when he was born. I loved all of the panels showing Minato and Kushina getting ready to be parents. It's nice to see them in flashback.
End of line.

#44 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

I wonder if Kushina wanted Sasuke to be girl so her son and Mikoto's daughter get married to each other! Since Sasuke is a boy She hopes for them to be friends or Best friends. lol

Edited by 8Hogake, 01 July 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#45 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

My REACTION to this chapter: woot.gif

Naruto baby is sooo CUTE!<3

I WANT HIM!

MINE! argh1.png

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#46 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

You know with Kushina telling Naruto about the vessel with love thing I'm beginning to think that Naruto might try to open up to his friends especially to Sakura. Also like I mentioned before her speech from 499 might trigger a spark in Naruto to try and tell Sakura how he feels or at least tell her that he thinks that her forehead is pretty. I think Kishi is developing Naruto's character in the right way to make him more openly to his friends about how he feels.

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 July 2010 - 02:00 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#47 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 1 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know with Kushina telling Naruto about the vessel with love thing I'm beginning to think that Naruto might try to open up to his friends especially to Sakura. Also like I mentioned before her speech from 499 might trigger a spark in Naruto to try and tell Sakura how he feels or at least tell her that he thinks that her forehead is pretty. I think Kishi is developing Naruto's character in the right way to make him more openly to his friends about how he feels.

My thoughts exactly. I got the feeling that after this he would be more inclined to open up, not less inclined. After all, we've not seen him respond to either 'love' things - Hinata or Sakura. In fact, all lovey issues usually leave him wide-eyed. His first real dive into affection for someone else (you know, the mature I'm-ok-with-myself-now-I-can-love-someone-else kind) was his sweet tackle hug for Kushina. This is a manga that is rife with one-sided love, so it's important for him to realize that mutually accepting, unconditional love is possible. Once he sees that, then he'll be able to see it around him, namely in Sakura.

He's never had a framework for love, and Kushina is showing him. All he's gotten in the way of love so far is from Jiraiya (gah!) and Kakashi with his Icha Ichas.

#48 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 1 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts exactly. I got the feeling that after this he would be more inclined to open up, not less inclined. After all, we've not seen him respond to either 'love' things - Hinata or Sakura. In fact, all lovey issues usually leave him wide-eyed. His first real dive into affection for someone else (you know, the mature I'm-ok-with-myself-now-I-can-love-someone-else kind) was his sweet tackle hug for Kushina. This is a manga that is rife with one-sided love, so it's important for him to realize that mutually accepting, unconditional love is possible. Once he sees that, then he'll be able to see it around him, namely in Sakura.

He's never had a framework for love, and Kushina is showing him. All he's gotten in the way of love so far is from Jiraiya (gah!) and Kakashi with his Icha Ichas.

Agreed. I actually didn't get the connection until i read this. But hahaha, love this...
All he's gotten in the way of love so far is from Jiraiya (gah!) and Kakashi with his Icha Ichas.

EDIT: i was just thinking, if Mikoto and Kushina were friends. Then all that time Naruto was alone, why didn't she do anything or take care of Naruto? This is all starting to seem to turn in a bad direction

Edited by naruto-z, 01 July 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#49 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 1 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh, How about Sarutobi acting like a Grandfather and Iruka as older brother, Tsunade as step mother, Jiraya as uncle(godfather) etc. etc. ... What Naruto lacks is romantic love, not love in itself! There have been at least few people thru this manga who have given him love of a family member!
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#50 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

you know, I wonder how naruto's parents knew he was a boy before he was born. The technology in the Naruto universe is limited, so do ultrasound machines exist or is there some sort of medical ninjustu used to tell? Either that or they just assumed he'd be a boy.

#51 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 1 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone get the feeling that maybe it wasn't Madara? Maybe it was some other baddie altogether? Like it was someone that knew them acting on Madara's behalf...an ultimate betrayal.

And yeah, the groundwork is there for Mikato to betray Kushina. So it seems that even little Naruto's birth was fraught with anguish.

The third's wife definitely looked like a Yamanaka.

The vessel filled with love - we know what happens when it's not: Gaara. And Naruto changed him by telling him about love so long ago.

Obitobi!!! Oh I mean...totally agree.

#52 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Pretty nice, heartwarming chapter. Though Naruto's baby face crying creeps me out a bit.... I dunno...

#53 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

I really want to read the next chapter already I'm getting anxious. People are saying that there's a slight chance that it wasn't Madara it must be him who else is strong enough to beat ANBU and the Third's wife??? it can't be Orochimaru he already left Konoha before Naruto was born.

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 July 2010 - 04:22 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#54 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

He phased though.

#55 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

ITS KABUTO lol jkjk but seriously, who thinks we are going to get a better look at madara now? I am not going to lie, it seems like he is screwing naruto over every which way...just sad. Also who else loved the fact that alot of little questions were solved this chapter?

Is Sasuke older or is Naruto?

Are the whisker marks related to being a jinchurriki?

Is Naruto related to Tsunade?

these are the little ones I think of off hand.

Also does anyone find it funny that since this proves a connection between the senju and uzumaki, that Naruto "technically" has a living relative in tsunade?
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#56 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I never understood what was the big deal about the age disparity between Sasuke and Naruto....

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 1 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ITS KABUTO lol jkjk but seriously, who thinks we are going to get a better look at madara now? I am not going to lie, it seems like he is screwing naruto over every which way...just sad. Also who else loved the fact that alot of little questions were solved this chapter?

Is Sasuke older or is Naruto?

Are the whisker marks related to being a jinchurriki?

Is Naruto related to Tsunade?

these are the little ones I think of off hand.

Also does anyone find it funny that since this proves a connection between the senju and uzumaki, that Naruto "technically" has a living relative in tsunade?

Uzumaki and Senju are not related by blood Mito Uzumaki was the wife of the First so I don't think Naruto is blood related to Tsunade.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Sasuke fans who hate Naruto think this proves that he's dominant or something? :/

#59 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 1 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uzumaki and Senju are not related by blood Mito Uzumaki was the wife of the First so I don't think Naruto is blood related to Tsunade.

but she would technically be related by blood to mito uzumaki is what I meant lol and depending on how she is related to naruto would determine where the relation to tsunade would be. I was just saying that technically he would have a living relative no matter how disconnected is what I meant.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#60 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

I'd wonder would Naruto look for them after Sasuke and himself defeats Kabuto and Madara? Naruto brings Sasuke back. Naruto tells him how he'd met his parents. Naruto told you were name after the Third Hogake's father. Naruto tells Sasuke our mothers are friends. Both our mothers wanted us to be friends but my mom was the second Jinnuuriki. Naruto tells Sasuke that Now I'd know how you felt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users