• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#61 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

either way would work honestly.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#62 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:04 AM

I'd be game for anything related to Icha Icha Fantasy. I did pay it a small homage in Whirlpool Country, after all.

#63 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

Really? Where was it? I must have missed it.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#64 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

I don't remember the chapter exactly, but the scene was Yuugao in the medical building when Naruto comes to visit her. She was reading it.

#65 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

I'm currently working on rewriting the ending for "Icha Icha Fantasy", since popular opinion is that it feels very rushed. I'm wondering though whether I should keep the ending essentially the same (just rewritten with extra details so that it doesn't feel rushed), or whether to fundamentally change the ending altogether because I do have some ideas... but, while I do have some ideas for alternate endings that may potentially provide a longer and more dramatic story than the original ending, I'm also afraid of "fixing" something that was never really broken to begin with confused.gif

#66 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

I honestly dont think it was ever broken at all.

Instead id rather see it slightly expanded a little bit. it wasnt rushed IMHO, but id love to see some more expounding on Sakura and Narutos relationship and since i adore your characterization of Ino id love her take on the whole thing too.

but beyond that I dont think you need to change anything.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#67 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

It seems like I keep adding half-baked fic ideas here without ever finishing anything, haha... but, still, it might motivate me to actually get something done, so here's two more

- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring (added Aug 2011)
Premise: As the seasons change, the bonds between three friends can never stay the same. Friends become rivals then enemies. Friendship becomes romance then love. But as the seasons always cycle back to spring, so can enemies become friends once again

Part 1: Spring Scherzo / Afternoon in our Secret Base - Age 7 (COMPLETE)
Part 2: Summer Sostenuto / Midnight Bridge Across the Stars - Age 13 (COMPLETE)
Part 3: Autumn Aria / Morning After the Rain - Age 15 (COMPLETE)
Part 4: Winter Waltz / Evening at Home - Age 19 (IN PROGRESS)
Part 5: Spring Symphonia / Perfect Day - Age 23

As you can see, this one is actually more than halfway done already, so there's a good chance that I might actually post this one soon. In the best case scenario, I might actually finish this up in a week or two. In the worst case scenario, I'll hit some massive writer's block and never finish, but let's not think about that possibility, haha.

- The Cake is a Lie (added Aug 2011)
Premise: Madara has succeeded in his Eye of the Moon plan and trapped all of mankind in a perpetual illusion of a dream: Come, close your eyes and rest, you deserve it. Join us in this sweet dream. There's cake.

This one actually isn't a crackfic, though the title makes it sound like one, so I'm debating whether to change it to something more serious. In this fic, Madara's infinite tsukuyomi traps everyone in their own dream by creating the illusion of their perfect ideal world. But since Naruto, Gaara, and Killer B are part of the Ten-Tails, they can hop between these "multiverse" dream dimensions in order to wake everyone up for the final battle against Madara. One of the dream dimensions this story will focus primarily on is probably the Konoha Academy skit used as one of the Shippuuden ending songs and also in my unfinished fic "Pieces of a Dream"

I'm still thinking of a better way to convey the premise of the story using the limited space I have to work with in FFnet's story summary section though (256 characters is pretty short). I'm also trying to think of how to compress the epic scale of the story into a oneshot. I'm thinking I can try to do something similar to the way that I compressed the idea of Naruto reliving his life over and over again in "Do You Remember Love"

Edited by digifruit, 26 August 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#68 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

thatd be brilliant, and I love the title because precisely that it is so seemingly off putting.

Also I was curious did you ever implement any of the ideas to help you finish dream?

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#69 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Aug 25 2011, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thatd be brilliant, and I love the title because precisely that it is so seemingly off putting.

Also I was curious did you ever implement any of the ideas to help you finish dream?

Yeah, I'm using some of your suggestions for "Pieces of a Dream" but I'm also trying to retcon some extraneous plotlines from earlier chapters that seemed to not really go anywhere, so progress is slow. I think I might end up trying to finish the entire fic before posting it rather than posting it chapter by chapter due to the fact that I keep going back to retcon stuff whenever I get a new idea. This is why I really don't like to do multichap stuff

And hopefully I'll try to finish up my new oneshot "Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring" over the weekend, since school starts next week for me. Hopefully it'll be up to my usual standards even though I'm really rusty with Naruto material from not having written much in the past few years, haha

#70 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Aug 25 2011, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Madara's infinite tsukuyomi traps everyone in their own dream by creating the illusion of their perfect ideal world. But since Naruto, Gaara, and Killer B are part of the Ten-Tails, they can hop between these "multiverse" dream dimensions in order to wake everyone up for the final battle against Madara.

very interesting!

#71 Anthony Harmon

Anthony Harmon

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Oct 20 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, here are the word-counts so far...

- five seconds: ~10,000 words
- fly me to the moon: ~5,000 words
- sunny side up: ~4,000 words
- diamond crevasse: ~1,000 words
- thanatos: ~1,000 words
- code sharingan: ~500 words
- tension: ~400 words

for reference, my shortest narusaku oneshot so far was "Beautiful World" at about 10,000 words and my longest was "Moonlight Sonata" at about 17,000 words

i'm actually the type of author that just "wings it" rather than making detailed plot outlines before writing, so i actually don't know where i'm going with some of these fics, haha... plus i'll be pretty bogged down with exams, essays, and lab work, so writing will be slow

hi dude you are so cute biggrin.gif tongue.gif i suggest a website for you wink.gif

Edited by Anthony Harmon, 17 February 2012 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users