Pokemon/Naruto cross fics Galore?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:11 AM

Have anyone notice the increase amount of Naruto fics that crossover with Pokemon...?

They suddenly starting to spread... in the NaruSaku filter in ff.net...

What in F-ing hell is going on with these authors...?!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

It's called bad parentering. Everyone, please have some sence to teach your kids whats right and wrong DX

#3 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:12 AM

Oh damn Derock, now your gonna get ZJ on a big ass rant about Naruto/Pokeman crossover authors, in fact when i saw this thread i expected him to have started it lol.

I think in reality ZJ loves these fics, hes just too afraid to admit it tongue.gif

Btw Derock, i never look for fics using the filter so i wouldnt know, however how often are they appearing in the NaruSaku filter?

#4 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:45 AM

I don't really wander ff.net anymore, so I haven't noticed.
However, I have read one Naruto/Pokemon crossover and it would be entirely inappropriate to post a link to that particular SOC Puppet's fic.

#5 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (StarlightAngel @ Oct 11 2007, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's called bad parentering. Everyone, please have some sence to teach your kids whats right and wrong DX

Yes , because learning the differences of japanese cartoons is IMPORTANT to your children's future!

: DDDDD

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ Oct 11 2007, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh damn Derock, now your gonna get ZJ on a big ass rant about Naruto/Pokeman crossover authors, in fact when i saw this thread i expected him to have started it lol.

I think in reality ZJ loves these fics, hes just too afraid to admit it tongue.gif

Btw Derock, i never look for fics using the filter so i wouldnt know, however how often are they appearing in the NaruSaku filter?

They appear almost every single day... or single week as a matter of fact... dry.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:41 PM

I aim to strangle every author who writes these damn ugly fics with their intestines, then flog their dead bodies with bleach.

And then whack them like a pinata.

Only, no candy.

Thats graphic. But these authors are getting on my last nerve. NaruSaku filters are not for your crap stories.

Please, do us all a favour and flame these ugly authors.

#8 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

Anyone who has previously questioned ZJs sanity had a right to do so tongue.gif

On a side note, people will always write what they want, im sure there are people who hate Naruto/Bleach crossovers, however i quite like them if done decently. Same goes for Naruto/Pokemon, i would never read one, but there are probably lots of people who would.

#9 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

I've read two and well...the only good one was the AU rewrite that hasn't been updated since like...what march of this year? xD but those where they wander into the land of pokemon... urgh

An here I am writing a Rockman Crossover tongue.gif but that's different.

Naruto/Harry Potter are common too, it's rather odd...it's always based in the fifth book as well :S

#10 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

How do they work that out anyway? Just switch out Ash with Naruto? Isn't that just what Nintendo does with the handheld games; switch characters and starter pokemon and off you go? All the ninja's in Pokémon are ninja because they have Pokés with high speed, and it's not like they fight themselves... Bah, this sounds like crap really.

If you have to crossover, try to keep it in the same genre. I have read a fic where Harry Potter unlocked his Sharingan, and suddenly everybody was kung fu fighting. The only crossovers I have found that I actually like is NarutoBleach, but it has to be done right. It's easy to screw up a crossover, since you have to please two very different fanbases!

Aw.. I don't know where I'm heading with this, but I'm sure I won't be reading crossovers unless I know the story is done right, and the two (or more) series match!

#11 thekonohaGANGSTA

thekonohaGANGSTA

Kenpachi Fried Chicken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

probably because it's easier to come up with a pokemon/naruto fic ex. naruto having kyuubi sealed inside
him and kyuubi = ninetails pokemon and gaara having a racoon/sandshrew pokemon jiraiya having a toad type pokemon which is i dont know if there's a frog type pokemon cause im not updated to this kinda things
these days and to sum it all come up with a plot something like "naruto trying to tame his stubborn ninetails,vulpix or whatever and battling all jinchuurikis which probably the author by that time will make them honorary pokemon trainers by now and to be the best jinchuu/trainer there ever can be..

#12 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

In one story I read... Naruto replaced Ash and Sakura replaced Misty, then they met up with TenTen I believe in a place called 'Konoha Forest'.

In another one, our group decided to follow Naruto directions and eventually then they ended up in Hoenn...don't ask me how...

The crossover that I'm writing is with Shooting Star Rockman, and since Kishi never expanded on the concept of Outer Space, I'm using it to my advantage. However the story is still a slight AU, my theory is, if it doesn't exist in the Naruto world and it's in your story, it's an AU unless there is a good explanation.

I haven't really read any of the Bleach ones... but that and Naruto can still work, Jutsus...chakra...it's all the same...except one uses kunais the other uses a badass sword...

#13 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

The only other crossover I have deared reading is LD 1449's 'Jedi Knight Uzumaki Naruto'. I admit I was very sceptical to a Star Wars/Naruto crossover, but I have to read everything LD has ever written, and this turned out to be my favourite out of all of his fics (so far). And since I'm a big fan of KoTOR, this fic was pretty damn awesome!

#14 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hey, Troika Parallel is a Harry Potter/Inuyasha/Naruto crossover and it's one of my favorite NaruSaku fics. Although it helps that it's non-crossover prequel, Experiments, was excellent. tongue.gif
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#15 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Yeah... I loved the prequel, but I can't bring myself to read a NarutoxHarry Potter crossover even though I know the author is brilliant. Harry Potter and Naruto is kind of like Naruto and Pokemon in the way that it just won't mix well. If I see another summary starting with "Harry has unlocked his Sharingan...", I don't know what I'll do.

#16 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Oct 17 2007, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... I loved the prequel, but I can't bring myself to read a NarutoxHarry Potter crossover even though I know the author is brilliant. Harry Potter and Naruto is kind of like Naruto and Pokemon in the way that it just won't mix well. If I see another summary starting with "Harry has unlocked his Sharingan...", I don't know what I'll do.

Actually ive seen that in a fic would you believe, if i remember correctly, i think i fell off my chair laughing at the fact Harry was an Uchiha.

#17 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:07 AM

Uchiha Harry... [sarcasm]Yeah, that sounds awesome![/sarcasm]

#18 BurningDeath

BurningDeath

God of Meaningless Posts

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

Dear God, a pokemon/Naruto crossover?! Its horrible...

"pikachu use thunderb..." Pikachu goes to shock Naruto.

"RASENGAN!" Naruto hits Pikachu and grinds him into a bloody pulp. Ash cries.

"You killed Pikachu, I'm going to capture you, go masterball!" Naruto gets caught in a masterball. End story.

If you do a crossover, you have to have two universes that have some similarities. Harry Potter and Naruto should not be a suitable match, heaven forbid, it become worse by being a yaoi HP/Naruto pairing in it...

#19 Strausenhat

Strausenhat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:50 AM

Fortunately for me, most of the crazy stuff doesn't go past the 20k word mark, so I don't see it pop up all that often, but I know it's there, otherwise I would have that length filter in use.

#20 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

Lol, man you guys are harsh. tongue.gif

But yeah, i have yet to find a pokemon/Naruto crossover that amuses me.

There is a pokeGIRL Naruto crossover, which proved extremely entertaining though. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users