So sooon.... Review comming up!

#22 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

Hey, I just re-read chapter one... I am LOST.

How the hell is Naruto in the past? Ahh..getting a headache trying to think of an explanation. GAH! But I'm guessing that you're basically re-telling the story of the 4th Hokage and Hyuuga Setsuka...only with Naruto and Sakura being their respective roles. So that's the paradox of the story... it's like a cycle that keeps starting over and over and over...and now I'm SUPER LOST.

Great chapter though. =D

#23 Foxxy22_79

Foxxy22_79

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:13 AM

Ah, Nes Mikel... would you happen to have a link to the story that inspired Garden of Sactuary?

That said, this is one of the best ficworks I have ever read, and I've been reading online for almost ten years.

Keep up the good work.

#24 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Nov 13 2006, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How the hell is Naruto in the past? Ahh..getting a headache trying to think of an explanation. GAH! But I'm guessing that you're basically re-telling the story of the 4th Hokage and Hyuuga Setsuka...only with Naruto and Sakura being their respective roles. So that's the paradox of the story... it's like a cycle that keeps starting over and over and over...and now I'm SUPER LOST.

Great chapter though. =D

The difference is that they remember their past lives and Naruto still has the Kyuubi in him.

A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#25 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

Time to play some catchup.

QUOTE (Mr. Revolver @ Nov 3 2006, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you've put a thread up for the Garden of Sanctuary series. Well, first of all, I say, thank you, as I have put in a review for Medusa Javelin (pen name: Gunned Down At Noon, =P). And, you're story has inspired my stories to no end (even though some of my plots don't relate to yours).

Well, all I can really say is: keep on keeping on. Can't wait for the next chapter.

- Mr. Revolver

Thanks for the comments! Glad to see I can actually inspire someone! Hope you enjoy the new chapter just as much. ^^

QUOTE (DJ Taka @ Nov 3 2006, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read The Garden of Sanctuary series and I have to say, its excellent. happy.gif I cant wait until you get finished with the first chapter for Empyrial Paradox. ( Sorry if i spelled that wrong, im just a bit tired right now... ) I've read the Prologue about 3 times because it took me a few times of reading to get it. sweatdrop.gif

That will be "Empyreal Paradox". And no, I don't mind, I frequently make mistakes when I'm tired too. You should've seen the original draft for Chapter One... honest to god there was like fifty errors, and I'm not kidding. Staying up until 2 a.m. to finish up the draft was probably not a good idea. >.>;

Thanks for rereading Empyreal Paradox's prologue many times, though! Although, it will probably take a few more chapters until most things make sense. The first few chapters aren't supposed to, after all. =P

QUOTE (NaruxSaku999 @ Nov 4 2006, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i loved to read the series but it was sort of depressing how it had ended

I do have Empyreal Paradox planned out basically until the very end, and I can tell you that the story won't be ending on a depressing note.

...well, sorta.

It all depends on how you define 'depressing'. =P

QUOTE (Won-Ton @ Nov 12 2006, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damned, I was on your Profile on FF, and I click on the Discussion to get here. DAMNED!

I'm "Pleading For An Update" there, and read all your stories. I've wanted to do this for a long time since I've finnished.

: bows and chants "I'm not frikkin Worthy" :

:bows and chants back: "I'm not worthy to be called worthy."

*laugh*

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Nov 13 2006, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great chapter though. =D

I'm not sure why you're lost. That's basically it, right there. XD

QUOTE (Foxxy22_79 @ Nov 13 2006, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, Nes Mikel... would you happen to have a link to the story that inspired Garden of Sactuary?

That said, this is one of the best ficworks I have ever read, and I've been reading online for almost ten years.

Keep up the good work.

Unfortuantly, no. I myself wanted to take a look at the original story after I started working on Empyreal Paradox, and I found that the Japanese website that hosted the story had since been taken down, and I unfortuantly do not have a copy of the fic saved onto my computer. So sorry. sad.gif

And thank you, very much, for your praise. ^^

#26 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:53 AM

Great job with the chapter, and like everyone else I am confused a bit, but I do know things will be explained in the next couple of chapters. Good job buddy.

#27 jigglychu

jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:39 PM

I love your story. Even if it was inspired by another, you have taken it to such heights! I love this concept; it's something original, and something to think about. I can't get enough!
Jigs

#28 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:40 AM

Situation update:

Holidays suck for writers.

Expect an update for Empyreal Paradox within the week.

#29 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:46 AM

Hey man, what is your definition of depressing? biggrin.gif
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#30 Sayaka-sama

Sayaka-sama

aka Gai-yaka

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I have a few hobbies... *snerk*

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Dec 27 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Situation update:

... And there was much rejoicing.

a_dance.gif

Special thx to themadpoker at the LJ community for this!
My Family Tree
Forum Sweetheart - MonkeysTotallyRock

#31 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Dec 27 2006, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me about it. sad.gif

Yay!

#32 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Dec 27 2006, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Situation update:

That would be a GREAT Christmas present...oh wait. XD, I take LATE presents though. =)

#33 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:29 PM

Stentorian - Empyreal Paradox, Chapter Two

#34 ABrokenRomeo

ABrokenRomeo

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

Yatta! Excellent Chapter!
~Forever Living the Dream~

#35 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:50 PM

Indeed; very well done.

Now get to work on the next one. wink.gif

#36 Lackey_h

Lackey_h

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

Aaaaand this is why i should probably wander around NaruSaku more often... heh... hehehe...

interestingly enough i was reading through this all (the fics i mean) yesterday, when i was asked why i was reading something so depressing.

"Depressing?" I thought, pondering this. Y'see, i despise depressing fiction with a passion, really I do. When i read i want to forget how crap life is (or alternatively forget whatever injury i picked up that day... Or how assholish my students were... or stuff...).

Not once have i actually though of this set of fics as depressing.

Not once.

Weird huh?

Anyway, keep up the good work so i can read more not-depressing-supposedly-depressing goodness!

#37 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

Well we can't expect too mcuh since Sakura is now 6 year old and they're trapped within the past for whatever reason is beyond me.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#38 jigglychu

jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

That was a great chapter, Nes... I wish there was some more though tongue.gif . I was reading along happily and i t was getting so good... and then it was over before I knew it laugh.gif .
Jigs

#39 windlessuser

windlessuser

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Nes Mikel I would like to say U are AWSOME. Garden of Sactuary , Medusa Javelin and Empyreal Paradox have found a home in my fanfiction.net favorites list. I kinda feel sorry for naruto being confied for an eterniy and finaly when time restarted. But this brings a question. Naruto's Fighting capability. Right now he should be virtually unbeatable. Reason for this statement is We all no that naruto is so axious to train. He is in a duengon far below konoha. therefore he is left undisterbed so he can train to his hardest Evryday. and seing as he was able to train everyday undisterbed for an ETERNIY. Noone should be able to even see him move let alone hurt him. Maybe that explains da Hirashin no jutsu. Well thats my view. U have the only fic that would justify A god like Naruto. Please dont screw it up u have an Awsome series. Also i would like to no if u would be interested in being a beta reader for me biggrin.gif.

#40 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Aaron Nowack @ Dec 30 2006, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed; very well done.

Now get to work on the next one. wink.gif

QUOTE (Lackey_h @ Dec 31 2006, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aaaaand this is why i should probably wander around NaruSaku more often... heh... hehehe...

interestingly enough i was reading through this all (the fics i mean) yesterday, when i was asked why i was reading something so depressing.

"Depressing?" I thought, pondering this. Y'see, i despise depressing fiction with a passion, really I do. When i read i want to forget how crap life is (or alternatively forget whatever injury i picked up that day... Or how assholish my students were... or stuff...).

Not once have i actually though of this set of fics as depressing.

Not once.

Weird huh?

Anyway, keep up the good work so i can read more not-depressing-supposedly-depressing goodness!

I can't begin to express how happy I am to receive such good praises from accomplished authors like you two. Thank you very much!

I extend my thanks to the others who gave me positive reviews as well.

QUOTE (windlessuser @ Jan 6 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nes Mikel I would like to say U are AWSOME. Garden of Sactuary , Medusa Javelin and Empyreal Paradox have found a home in my fanfiction.net favorites list. I kinda feel sorry for naruto being confied for an eterniy and finaly when time restarted. But this brings a question. Naruto's Fighting capability. Right now he should be virtually unbeatable. Reason for this statement is We all no that naruto is so axious to train. He is in a duengon far below konoha. therefore he is left undisterbed so he can train to his hardest Evryday. and seing as he was able to train everyday undisterbed for an ETERNIY. Noone should be able to even see him move let alone hurt him. Maybe that explains da Hirashin no jutsu. Well thats my view. U have the only fic that would justify A god like Naruto. Please dont screw it up u have an Awsome series.

...Hm, I never thought it about that way.

But to answer your question, no, Naruto at this point in the story has (almost) no fighting capabilities left in him. I inteded to explain this in the coming chapter, but the reason for him not being so strong is because after he read Sakura's diary, he sort of 'shut himself down' and remained inactive for a very very long time until he was found by Sakura again. To train, one must have purpose, and so when he imprisoned himself within the dungeons he stopped training altogether. When he was told of Sakura's death, that made things even worse and he retreated into himself even more. He basically spent the entire time down there in the dungeons either sleeping, tending to his garden (until it withered and finally died) or endlessly daydreaming about pretty much everything.

I also have a sincere dislike for Naruto-becomes-super-powerful stories. Strong, sure, but not godlike.

Also i would like to no if u would be interested in being a beta reader for me biggrin.gif.

The best answer I can give you is a 'maybe'. I am extreamly busy with real life work at the moment (which is definately going to affect when Chapter Three of Empyreal Paradox will be released), so I don't have much time to spare. I will take a look at your story if you like, but I can't give you a definite answer in regarding of betaing. We'll see, I guess.

If that's still okay with you, my e-mail address is the following:

legacywithintime@hotmail.com

It might take a while for me to respond, but you'll just have to be patient. I have to take a look at my scheduals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users