Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

http://latino.foxnew...flee-venezuela/

http://edition.cnn.c...a.protest.east/
Groups of men in civilian clothing, armed with weapons ranging from shotguns to machine guns, guarded streets in eastern Libya on Monday as opposition leaders appeared to be in firm control of much of the region.

Opposition groups formed "popular committees" to maintain some sort of order after pushing out government forces in a spreading revolt against longtime strongman Moammar Gadhafi, who has led the north African country since 1969.

http://www.guardian....s-flee-to-malta
Two high-ranking Libyan air force pilots have who fled to Malta in their aircraft are reported to have told officials they escaped rather than carry out orders to bomb civilians.

The officers defected as Libyan diplomats in several countries and international organisations resigned in protest at the regime's violent response to the deepening crisis. They included Muammar Gaddafi's ambassadors to China, India, Indonesia and Poland, as well as Libya's representative to the Arab League and most, if not all, of its mission at the United Nations.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#2 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

I stand with the monarchies and Gadaffi. Sorry, but the thought of agreeing with illegitimate governments installed by children and disgruntled adults leaves a really, really bitter taste in my mouth. Also, there is word that an American soldier was caught in a slaughter of Pakistani's about a month ago, and as well, the places where these revolts have taken place are either places of high-importance (Suez Canal-Egypt, Libya-Oil Reserves), and places of extreme American influence/interest (Bahrain-U.S. Naval Base, Morocco-U.S. Recognition). This is either the biggest coincidence in the world, or the United States is illegally inciting revolutions for no reasons other than Political Imperialism.

#3 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Aljazeera's reporting on the events in Libya.

http://english.aljaz...5421542497.html
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

His Son has threatened to and I quote "Fight until the last bullet." This pretty much means this government is not going to go quietly into that good night with out a lot of bloodshed.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 21 2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His Son has threatened to and I quote "Fight until the last bullet." This pretty much means this government is not going to go quietly into that good night with out a lot of bloodshed.

It's only a matter of time before America tries to get itself involved more than it should.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#6 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

All of this is thanks to that one great man, who envisioned the rise of democracy in the Middle East. George W Bush. ^^

Even though he started thousands of miles away, and such thing failed to spread into Iran, and overthrew one of the dictatorships his government was propping up. It wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Bush.

#7 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Feb 21 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of this is thanks to that one great man, who envisioned the rise of democracy in the Middle East. George W Bush. ^^

Even though he started thousands of miles away, and such thing failed to spread into Iran, and overthrew one of the dictatorships his government was propping up. It wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Bush.

You know it wasn't Bush who promoted interference on others. I mean let's blame JFK, or Eisenhower, or Johnson who tried to take out Communist governments, so I highly refute your claim on blaming Bush for America's love of interference.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#8 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 22 2011, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know it wasn't Bush who promoted interference on others. I mean let's blame JFK, or Eisenhower, or Johnson who tried to take out Communist governments, so I highly refute your claim on blaming Bush for America's love of interference.

your right, this foreign policy has been with us for more than half a century...it really began on the Spanish American War, spread under Teddy Roosevelt, since then, America began a slow moving transformation from a Republic to an Empire. I guess Empires only last for a small amount a time, and when they suddenly run out of money it is over, and they dissintegrate to they're prerepublic levels.

Edited by Strangelove, 22 February 2011 - 03:11 AM.

#9 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Feb 21 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your right, this foreign policy has been with us for more than half a century...it really began on the Spanish American War, spread under Teddy Roosevelt, since then, America began a slow moving transformation from a Republic to an Empire. I guess Empires only last for a small amount a time, and when they suddenly run out of money it is over, and they dissintegrate to they're prerepublic levels.

And then people, no longer united by the Empire, start to slaughter each other over ideals while the Constables hide in their homes. Thousands are murdered, millions are left to starve for famine, and leaders beyond leaders are executed for faulty choices or they themselves commit mass slaughter.

Then, the empire comes back and the nation is united again under a charismatic king or emperor, or even queen. The former ideals leave some impact, but the ideas of republicanism are thought of as too radical and too corrupt.

[LOL FRENCH REVOLUTION. It's bound to happen soon, no matter how many nations the United States tries to overthrow and establish puppet-states in. Empires and Kingdoms will return, and I will welcome them back with an open embrace.]

#10 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 21 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's only a matter of time before America tries to get itself involved more than it should.

Doubtful, they've been keeping it quite low key, and I don't see any signs of that changing. I think they are going with watching and waiting as the pro democracy movements spread from country to country.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Feb 21 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubtful, they've been keeping it quite low key, and I don't see any signs of that changing. I think they are going with watching and waiting as the pro democracy movements spread from country to country.

Exactly.

#12 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

I think this will last as long as Gaddafi's treasury remains, and i think it has started to become dry...he is already paying what? The mercenaries 150,000 for each person they kill, he increased wages, he still needs to pay the militia, now there is a chance of a food shortage, ounce his treasury runs dry, the pro govt forces will turn on him.

Edited by Strangelove, 12 March 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#13 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:02 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=2

http://www.msnbc.msn...ideastn_africa/

UNITED NATIONS APPROVES "ALL NECESSARY MEASURES" IN LIBYA, INCLUDING NO-FLY ZONE AND BEYOND.

Edited by Insurrection, 18 March 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#14 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

Translation: THE UNITED STATES IS MAD THAT ITS PLAN TO SUBJUGATE THE MIDDLE EAST HAS BACKFIRED, SO THEY'RE GOING WITH PLAN B: TELL THEIR PROTECTORATES TO OPEN FIRE ON GADHAFI AND HIS LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT.

#15 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Response: Gadhafi sucks, he doesn't know he sucks and everyone knows he sucks. Next Topic, why did I say Gadhafi sucks 3 times like a d-bag, well? Because he's an half-crazed old despot who's terrible to his people and a jerk to his neighbors so he has no friends.

Second: Wait, we have protectorates? AWESOME!!!

Edited by Insurrection, 18 March 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 18 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Response: Gadhafi sucks, he doesn't know he sucks and everyone knows he sucks. Next Topic, why did I say Gadhafi sucks 3 times like a d-bag, well? Because he's an half-crazed old despot who's terrible to his people and a jerk to his neighbors so he has no friends.

a_thumbs.gif

~~~

Gadhafi has called a cease-fire:

http://news.yahoo.co..._re_af/af_libya

#17 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 18 2011, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Translation: THE UNITED STATES IS MAD THAT ITS PLAN TO SUBJUGATE THE MIDDLE EAST HAS BACKFIRED, SO THEY'RE GOING WITH PLAN B: TELL THEIR PROTECTORATES TO OPEN FIRE ON GADHAFI AND HIS LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT.

Keep telling yourself that...

#18 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

US claims Gahdafi breaks his own Ceasefire:

http://www.huffingto...e_n_837883.html

Looks like the ones who want the lead are the Euros

http://www.nytimes.c...f...rss&emc=rss

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:53 AM

1. Cool story; nice how you can't refute me. Denial moar?
2. Rebels probably coaxed the troops out by attacking innocent civilians or their defensive positions.

Lobs a grenade at a school, turns around and cries at Western media. "GADHAFI MADE ME DO IT :["

#20 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

1) I don't need to refute you, US sucks at puppet rulers, not our thing. More of the explosive type. Ah, I miss the Soviets.
2) Possible, considering they cried BS at the ceasefire, but Knowing Moammar, Doubt it.

FRANCE SENDS FIGHTER JETS INTO LIBYA

http://www.huffingto...a_n_837911.html

Edited by Insurrection, 19 March 2011 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users