82 replies to this topic

#1 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Have you ever been gazing at the stars at night and seen a strange light roaming the sky that you just couldn't describe as any plane or satellite?
Ever had an even more unnerving sighting of an orb or otherwise strangely shaped craft fly by?

Many people refuse to believe in the existence of aliens, especially ones that are interested in our strange little world. Some just have to see it to believe it.

The truth is there are sightings, reported and unreported, every day. And not always by ordinary people. Airline pilots, military personnel, and NASA experts have reported sightings as well.

Is it all a hoax, or could it be the "most monumental cover-up in human history"?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#2 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

woah...scary unsure.gif
Once when I was little...at night, I saw this white dot...
But it was moving fast...like...FAST!
& I thought, "That ain't no plane!"
It didn't even had the blue & red lights!
So...that's a prove!.....I guess sweatdrop.gif

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#3 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

I don't know if their real since i have to see it for myself to believe but that video is a definite fake or edited, NASA and the federal government would never release such footage to the public and NASA has private comm channels that wouldn't be publicly heard.

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 29 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if their real since i have to see it for myself to believe but that video is a definite fake or edited, NASA and the federal government would never release such footage to the public and NASA has private comm channels that wouldn't be publicly heard.

And yes they would, because it would get Nasa so much money its not fake, or edited their have been many reports by astronauts of UFO's. The fact that many presidents have stated that this is a national security matter is another thing. For example their was a UFO over Washington DC in 1952 which has still remained unsolved

Their have been many other mass sightings like for example the Phoenix mass sightings

What I am a UFO's conspiracy nerd biggrin.gif fu.png fu.png

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 29 June 2010 - 06:30 PM.

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 29 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yes they would, because it would get Nasa so much money its not fake, or edited their have been many reports by astronauts of UFO's.

The government is funded by american tax payers and everything you buy or pay for that has taxes, we are the governments paycheck, they don't need to do cheesy scams to make money. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif It's a fake and only retired serviceman with not much life left have claimed it to be true.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 29 June 2010 - 06:22 PM.

#6 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

The closest thing I've seen to something extraterrestrial is a meteor burning up in the atmosphere; it wasn't a shooting star, it was close enough that it looked kinda big and it had a greenish color to it. That would be cool though if I saw an alien spacecraft.

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 29 2010, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The government is funded by american tax payers and everything you buy or pay for that has taxes, we are the governments paycheck, they don't need to do cheesy scams to make money. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif It's a fake and only retired serviceman with not much life left have claimed it to be true.

They do need to make sure that we are kept safe, since it is a National Security matter with unauthorized air craft flying in too our space. They are also using that technology to make our tech better ie retrofitted it to our technology who do you think the 1950's - present had such a boast in Technology guess which UFO event happen about three years earlier. So your calling several astronauts with so much creditability to them fakes as well wow just wow. I have never met a UFO's denier that actually believes that.

Roswell New Mexico happened in 1947, and in that decade we also had a boast in our technological advancement.

You don't think that is strange?

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 29 June 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#8 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

I have never seen one; at least not yet. However, my cousin says that he has seen a UFO in 2003 at night. Who knows? I believe they exist.

#9 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I've never actually seen one myself, but once you give me cold hard proof that they do exist then I'll agree wth you. I'm not saying that it's impossible for there to be Alien life, I'm just saying that I've never actually seen any. Way I see it, it's completely likely that there's life somewhere other than Earth. In fact, I think that it would be pretty dull to say that it's completely impossible that there's life ANYWHERE other than Earth. But, how likely is it that this life is more advanced enough to have thousands of fully functional spaceships that can travel lightyears away to see us? Besides, all of the recordings shone could have easily been natural phenomina like St. Elmo's fire or something. In almost all of these UFO's I saw nothing that made it appear to be a solid substance, which would be needed for an effective vehicle.

#10 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

I've never seen anything with substance either. I work at 3am and on two different nights on my way to work I have seen bright lights moving in the sky. I could tell they weren't planes on both occasions because planes don't shine bright light towards the ground, and I didn't see the flashing lights that all aircraft are supposed to have on their wings.
The first time I saw something it was a very bright white light that was bigger and brighter than any other star in the sky. As I watched it the light got smaller and seemed to fade away as if it were an object flying straight up from the planet at a high speed.
The other night I saw two lights moving near each other almost as if one were following the other. They didn't show the constant speed of an airplane, but moved as if they were speeding up and slowing down repeatedly. They were also brighter than the light reflected off satelites and weren't moving as fast. As I watched the lights seemed to fade away again as if they had moved out of my field of vision.

#11 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

the one funny thing about UFOs is the automatic assumption especially from non-believers that the sighting automatically presumes alien activity.

simply put when you breakdown the acronym UFO it stands for Unidentified ((as in not yet identified or named)) Flying ((duh LOL)) Object.

Ive seen three things in my life best described by that acronym.

in miami as a kid i saw a triangular series of lights. the lights went from east to west and then shot straight upwards.

in arizona I saw a circular series of lights that did a parabolic arc over the mountains surrounding tucson.

and later on in florida I saw a cigar/torpedo shaped series of lights zigzag then go behind a cloud bank and never come out. The cloud bank by the wya couldnt have obscured a plane for long as it wasnt that big it as if the object vanished in the clouds.

whether the objects where alien in origin is unclear. they displayed characteristics and flight parameters that no military or civilian aircraft could possibly match at the time.

Simply put what I saw at those times were not something i could identify.

as to the notion of Aliens well Ill borrow a line from contact. If were the only species out here then thats an awful waste of space.

simply put only human arrogance would assume were the only intelligent species in the universe.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#12 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 29 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They do need to make sure that we are kept safe, since it is a National Security matter with unauthorized air craft flying in too our space. They are also using that technology to make our tech better ie retrofitted it to our technology who do you think the 1950's - present had such a boast in Technology guess which UFO event happen about three years earlier. So your calling several astronauts with so much creditability to them fakes as well wow just wow. I have never met a UFO's denier that actually believes that.

Roswell New Mexico happened in 1947, and in that decade we also had a boast in our technological advancement.

No, but that's because I'm not so doubtful of human intelligence that I must attribute our technological advancments to outside forces.

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 29 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the one funny thing about UFOs is the automatic assumption especially from non-believers that the sighting automatically presumes alien activity.

simply put when you breakdown the acronym UFO it stands for Unidentified ((as in not yet identified or named)) Flying ((duh LOL)) Object.

I tried coming up with an intelligent response to this... but I had a hard time doing it in between facepalms.

You have to take it into context. When people are talking about UFOs in conversations like these they're not talking literally about Unidentified Flying Objects (and everything that word entails), but they're specifically talking about alien spaceships.
Pretty bored.

#13 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

I did take that into context, hence the point of the statment. Not every object is a flying saucer hence the point of the acronym. the argument can be made simply that the object seen was not identifiable. Thusly an UFO. its orgins are irrelevant.

Add in the fact that the military and government sources go to absolutely absurd lengths to cover up or denounce any and all such sightings is supicious in and of it self.

The fact is that in the wake of roswell there was a technological boom that ensued. not to mention that the goverment coverup of the roswell incedent alone was done on such a scale that residents were actually physically threatened with violence if they talked.

all of this for a and I quote""weather balloon""?????? I dont believe that for a minute. I also believe in Human technological innovation and intelligence but I also believe that we reverse enginneered technology from an as yet unidentified source. that lead to several breakthroughs which combined with technology from the war effort pushed us into the modern age.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

I think like catsi. I didn't see a spacecraft but I believe the lights I saw were "UFO"s since I simply could not identify them as a plane or satellite or reflection. Maybe they weren't alien, maybe they are some project of the US military, either way I would only be able to call it a UFO.

#15 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure his point was that it's funny because when people see an object they can't identify, they typically presume it has to do with aliens.
Edit: Aww, people posted before me, man I'm slow.

simply put only human arrogance would assume were the only intelligent species in the universe.
This I can agree with.

I'm guessing this topic sparked from that other topic that had UFOs mentioned... so I guess I'll bring up my "sighting".
It was only a few years ago and I was standing outside during the night, just enjoying myself. All of a sudden, two bright disk shaped object appeared and for nearly a whole 10 - 15 minutes, they circled around each other, zig zagged and that sort of stuff. About half way through it I went inside and had my sister came out and she watched it with me and she still remembers them too.

Usually when I tell people, they just try to tell me it was from spotlights or something, but the problem is the fact that where we lived, it was somewhat secluded. There's also the fact that there were no clouds in the sky at all.

Edited by Shirosaki, 29 June 2010 - 09:10 PM.

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 29 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.

I'm pretty sure the human mind can come up with things without being reliant on alien technology. Did the Playstation or Gameboy come from UFOs as well? Aliens do exist, and in an universe this big... we are NOT the only intelligent life. I'm sure there are other oxygen-capable planets out there capable of hosting life.

Look, there have been recorded events where ancient civilizations saw something not human. Nazca Lines? I don't even know how humans drew humongous birds and other shapes in a large desert on an massive scale. Search online if you don't believe me, unknown Hieroglyphics, weird drawings, even recorded text of seeing something extra-terrestrial.

#17 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

what i do know is that space is full of junk, we actually thrown junk into space, so i think part of this footage is just some of our space junk that's traveling the Earth's atmosphere.

But it doesn't matter, cause next Friday the most heinous crime will be committed, they are going to steal the moooonnnnnnnn!!!!! biggrin.gif

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#18 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

A couple years ago (2008 I think) I was driving home and I saw 3 flashing lights (green or blue something) I thought it was weird that a bunch of planes were flying so close together. All of the sudden my friend was like "Holy kitten those are UFO's" when we were pulling into my driveway. When we got into my house we walked out onto the deck and we looked for them, we found them again and I thought they were just planes. When I was about to stop watching the lights did a series of very sharp turns, about 90 degrees and I've never seen planes do that. I think I have some footage of it buried on my desktops harddrive I'll look for it some time. Anyways that's my experience with UFO's I hope they were aliens ohboy.png

JLHza2T.png

#19 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 30 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure the human mind can come up with things without being reliant on alien technology. Did the Playstation or Gameboy come from UFOs as well? Aliens do exist, and in an universe this big... we are NOT the only intelligent life. I'm sure there are other oxygen-capable planets out there capable of hosting life.

Xbox is alien, just look at it's green and black design. >.>

#20 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

^ Does this mean Bill Gates is actually an Elite? dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users