244 replies to this topic

#181 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

The fact that that he created generation xerox copy and paste characters begin to already shows lack of creativity wouldn't you think?

Yes, he's not creative. Proof when he ask his editor to make a competition for original character design made by fan, because he running out of idea.

But mangaka always has the tendency to use the same character design he create in their own other manga. It all depend on talent. So I don't think expy design is bad.

#182 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Yes, he's not creative. Proof when he ask his editor to make a competition for original character design made by fan, because he running out of idea.

But mangaka always has the tendency to use the same character design he create in their own other manga. It all depend on talent. So I don't think expy design is bad.

Didn't he do this for the pain arc he asked people to draw on how pain and konan would look based on description. 

#183 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

When did that happen?

#184 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

When did that happen?

I forget the time, but I believe it happen between safe sasuke arc in part 1 to sai arc.
It use blank space in volume release between chapter that usually use for author note or omake. There will be some fan character design get display and the one who win will get kishi autograph and kishi redesign.

@rikarim
I don't remember that.

Edited by rocci, 13 May 2015 - 11:10 PM.

#185 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

I forget the time, but I believe it happen between safe sasuke arc in part 1 to sai arc.
It use blank space in volume release between chapter that usually use for author note or omake. There will be some fan character design get display and the one who win will get kishi autograph and kishi redesign.

@rikarim
I don't remember that.

Who ended up being?

#186 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Who ended up being?

If I recall.
None.

#187 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

It's not that she was completely desperate for him, it was just a spur of the moment thing, she was afraid for Naruto but as well of never get to reveal her feelings

'Bout the rest of your post , well turns out I completely agree with you, Sakura had to have something besides her romance plot line that would estabilish her as MC
I mean even if she began as an ordinary fangirl with the right development she could turn out to be someone extraordinary at the end

It's quite a shame that it looks like you're leaving, it's always nice to discuss different opinions as long as everything remains civil : D
And don't worry I doubt our discussion bugged someone, This forum has seen worse, believe me

To be honest, I believe Hinata's selfishness stems from the fact that she wanted to protect Naruto from Pain (see what Masashi did there?), which meant turning her back on the warnings from her own protection detail to stay out of the fight. Considering she even has protection detail is indicative of her return to good standing within the Hyuga (where before Hiashi bluntly said Hinata was "superflurous" while she was just outside the room), and as such, the clan cares more about her continued survival above all for whatever reason. In that regard, she was being "selfish" for letting her desire to protect Naruto overrule even her father's concerns.

As for her confession, I don't think it was meant to be a romantic one. Sure, she said "I love you" but she only spoke of it because of Naruto's comments: "What are you talking about?! What are you doing out here?! It's dangerous!!" So, after a beat panel, she gives him the answer. To me, just having a beat panel erases the idea that her whole plan was to go out and confess; she clearly had to think on it for a few seconds before (or even if) she said anything. It was just her out there with a stupid, selfish desire to protect Naruto that was  going to get her killed instead of staying safe and remain out of the conflict like everyone else would have wanted her. If her confession was the only reason for her to be out there, I don't think she would have ever set foot towards helping anyone; it just goes against the nature of a self-centered person.

And, if I was leaving the board, I wouldn't have came back the first time. To be frank, though, I probably shouldn't be on the net very much in the first place and instead dedicate my time to my own creations so that people can sit around on forums and argue over who's going to end up with my MC. But... well, life is simple, but we tend to complicate it a lot.

#188 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

To be honest, I believe Hinata's selfishness stems from the fact that she wanted to protect Naruto from Pain (see what Masashi did there?), which meant turning her back on the warnings from her own protection detail to stay out of the fight. Considering she even has protection detail is indicative of her return to good standing within the Hyuga (where before Hiashi bluntly said Hinata was "superflurous" while she was just outside the room), and as such, the clan cares more about her continued survival above all for whatever reason. In that regard, she was being "selfish" for letting her desire to protect Naruto overrule even her father's concerns.

As for her confession, I don't think it was meant to be a romantic one. Sure, she said "I love you" but she only spoke of it because of Naruto's comments: "What are you talking about?! What are you doing out here?! It's dangerous!!" So, after a beat panel, she gives him the answer. To me, just having a beat panel erases the idea that her whole plan was to go out and confess; she clearly had to think on it for a few seconds before (or even if) she said anything. It was just her out there with a stupid, selfish desire to protect Naruto that was  going to get her killed instead of staying safe and remain out of the conflict like everyone else would have wanted her. If her confession was the only reason for her to be out there, I don't think she would have ever set foot towards helping anyone; it just goes against the nature of a self-centered person.

The fact is that she knew she couldn't defend Naruto, she acknowledged this, it essentially turns the whole situation into a spur of the moment thing, the anime tried to show it differently but in the manga she had no plan to save him outsde of throwing herself desperately against Pein
Besides you're speculating again... we have no indication if she even returned to have a good standing with her father ( and therefore got to be regarded as heir again) mainly because this whole Hyuuga storyline was never expanded since part 1, and what we had in part 1 relating to the hyuuga clan was mainly focusing on Neji's development and his standing with the main branch, thus saiyng she was selfish because she ignored her clan's warning seems quite unlikely

Futhermore if she was there mainly to protect Naruto then there would be no need to expose her feelings like she did, and of course if it was not meant to have a romantic conotation she would've not said "I love you"

You might be getting this impression , but really I'm not demonizing Hinata further than the disservice Kishi himself made by turning her into a plain pairing fodder...I'm just bringing up the facts, one of them that she herself knew she would be no help against Pein and that she would certainly  die if she chose to appear
You bring up the point that she was doing that for her selfish desire to protect him... I can quite agree that this can be at least part of what she was intending to do, however going there to confess and have her feelings known was a big part of it too, otherwise she wouldn't have confessed, if she went there to just protect Naruto or fight for him there would be no need or time to confess because she would be trying her hardest to save him. The fact that she actually spent time saying what he meant for her and how she felt about him shows that Hinata too went there because she wanted to have her feelings known before she or Naruto died due to this powerful enemy probably because she had no faith in his abilities evidenced by the Sasuke rescue arc in part 2 and by the culmination of her own fears of her crush dying without never knowing how she felt.

You can argue that it was important that she went there because it made Naruto ultimately go beserk and break Pein's bindings, however there is also the point that her reckless action brought out the kyuubi and then  Naruoto would be dead if not for the Deus Ex Machina Kishimoto conjured

And, if I was leaving the board, I wouldn't have came back the first time. To be frank, though, I probably shouldn't be on the net very much in the first place and instead dedicate my time to my own creations so that people can sit around on forums and argue over who's going to end up with my MC. But... well, life is simple, but we tend to complicate it a lot.

Your last statement is indeed true, I can atest to that  :sweat:
Anyway glad to see you're not leaving I guess.
I think ultimately we will just have to disagree about this whole Hinata situation

Edited by Nar123, 17 May 2015 - 03:51 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#189 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

Basically. With characters that aren't explicitly spelled out, you do have to make some inferences about certain things, based on what is shown. Of course, this does lead to everyone having their own interpretations of what is "the truth" within the story.

#190 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

And as I mentioned before, there's also the fact that Naruto is (or rather "was") the type of guy who would have reacted the way he did no matter who it was that could've been in Hinata's place, from Sakura all the way down to a random nameless villager, so even when extremist fans try to use Naruto's rage-induced reaction as "proof" that he loves Hinata back, they're, as usual, just conveniently trying pick and choose inconvenient facts to ignore in order to keep their own fantasy alive within their bubble.

2e5.gif

#191 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

And as I mentioned before, there's also the fact that Naruto is (or rather "was") the type of guy who would have reacted the way he did no matter who it was that could've been in Hinata's place, from Sakura all the way down to a random nameless villager, so even when extremist fans try to use Naruto's rage-induced reaction as "proof" that he loves Hinata back, they're, as usual, just conveniently trying pick and choose inconvenient facts to ignore in order to keep their own fantasy alive within their bubble.

Exactly.

They seem to forget that Naruto also reacted the same way just when Orochimaru mentioned Sasuke's name lol.

#192 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

Exactly.

They seem to forget that Naruto also reacted the same way just when Orochimaru mentioned Sasuke's name lol.

Some NH fans argued that because Naruto didn't go insane when he found out Jiraiya died or when he found out he hurt Sakura in Kyuubi form it means he cared more about Hinata.  See, that's what I don't like about NH, it has to diminish Naruto's other bonds in order to make sense.

#193 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Some NH fans argued that because Naruto didn't go insane when he found out Jiraiya died or when he found out he hurt Sakura in Kyuubi form it means he cared more about Hinata.  See, that's what I don't like about NH, it has to diminish Naruto's other bonds in order to make sense.

Naruto activate Kyubi power when he is in emotional distress like anger.
But Naruto is also the type that goes Kyubi mode if someone dying infront of his face.
For example :
1. When sasuke tank haku attack and "die" naruto goes rampage.
2. When he found garra dead, he goes to third tail.
3. When orochimaru taunt naruto about sasuke.
4. When Hinata get stab.

The reason why he doesn't go Kyubi when jiraiya and kakashi dead is he doesn't see their dead.
Then why he goes fourth tail when sasuke get mention by orochimaru? That because sasuke is his love friend who will die when orochimaru take over his body. Like when sakura almost dead situation in naruto vs garra.

Oh and naruto beat garra with the power of love... Oh I mean power of rival.

#194 DextersBro

DextersBro

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, tennis, culinary arts, hanging out with friends, tigers

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Dang Sakura gets hated a lot on the internet and I got no idea why.  She's not that bad of a character. sure she likes that nitwit Sasuke but she's still pretty cool.

Dexter+on+fire.gif

#195 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

Sakura is a nice character, I felt sad when see how intense hatred for her

#196 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

Naruto activate Kyubi power when he is in emotional distress like anger.
But Naruto is also the type that goes Kyubi mode if someone dying infront of his face.
For example :
1. When sasuke tank haku attack and "die" naruto goes rampage.
2. When he found garra dead, he goes to third tail.
3. When orochimaru taunt naruto about sasuke.
4. When Hinata get stab.

The reason why he doesn't go Kyubi when jiraiya and kakashi dead is he doesn't see their dead.
Then why he goes fourth tail when sasuke get mention by orochimaru? That because sasuke is his love friend who will die when orochimaru take over his body. Like when sakura almost dead situation in naruto vs garra.

Oh and naruto beat garra with the power of love... Oh I mean power of rival.

Yeah, I'm sure there is a huge difference between simply hearing about someone being dead/killed and actually seeing someone get killed in front of you with your own eyes. The emotional response is more than likely far stronger for the latter than the former.

2e5.gif

#197 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Dang Sakura gets hated a lot on the internet and I got no idea why.  She's not that bad of a character. sure she likes that nitwit Sasuke but she's still pretty cool.

Part of the hate she gets was actually jutisfied by Kishimoto in the end, unfortunately

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#198 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, I'm sure there is a huge difference between simply hearing about someone being dead/killed and actually seeing someone get killed in front of you with your own eyes. The emotional response is more than likely far stronger for the latter than the former.

Besides, Hinata was really just the last drop. After Pain had destroyed his village, killed his sensei, and his master.

ナルサク

#199 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

Besides, Hinata was really just the last drop. After Pain had destroyed his village, killed his sensei, and his master.

Hinata was the cataclyst, a plot device to make Naruto go Kyuubi and defeat Pain.

#200 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

Most of the hatred is perpetuated by Hinata fans who saw Sakura as the one actual rival for Naruto's attention.  The only way they can justify Hinata actually being paired with him is by putting the character with development down to make the Hyuga seem better by comparison.  The biggest argument I see is that, 'SHE'S USELESS!' forgetting that Sakura actually killed an akatsuki and saved Naruto's life by massaging his heart/cpr.

The one way for Kishi to have saved Sakura's character was to have been faithful to the development he gave her over the span of 15 years.  She was supposed to get over her shallow childhood crush, become powerful and independent, and not need the boys to save her.  Instead she got tossed in with the guy that tried to kill her multiple times and lost out on the main characters love by having her past rewritten (And her role essentially given to Hinata), she transitioned back into that useless, fangirling brat she was at the very beginning.

Also, Sakura's 'confession' should have been rewritten, she just came off as a cold liar.  I think if that scenario had been done differently people would have viewed her in a positive light, instead of as a selfish witch.  That, and tying up the lose ends such as her transitioning feelings for Naruto and making her outwardly acknowledge how much he meant in a romantic sense.  The embrace scene after he saved everyone was a brilliant step in the right direction - it was too bad it was all for nothing.

Edited by Raiya, 19 May 2015 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users