28 replies to this topic

#1 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

So I'm starting this blog (don't know if I'll ever update), and the first thing I have to say is that this site got me addicted to TV Tropes! To be more specific, when I was a lurker, someone posted a link to TV Tropes, and when I read the article I just had to read more. Now I go on there everyday, sometimes for hours (I need something better to do). So thank you to whoever posted that link because now I have found another way to do nothing productive with my life.

#2 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

So I had a dream last night that Kishimoto was writing another manga, but he wasn't finished with Naruto. I was like "Wait, how are you going to update every week if you're writing two manga series at the same time? You need to finish Naruto first!" The manga was about a bunch of siblings who find and keep a voodoo doll that's alive.

#3 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

It recently ocurred to me that I read a lot of books about kids dying in elementary school. Our teachers made us read books about a Japanese girl who dies of radiation poisoning while making 1000 paper cranes or whatever, a boy who drowns in a river and his friend is terrified to tell anyone, a boy who is stung to death by bees and how his friend goes through depression, Old Yeller (needs no explanation), and Island of The Blue dolphins where the girl's brother dies.

On my own I read Bridge To Terebithia where the kid's friend dies and Where The Red Fern Grows where the boy's two dogs die. Yeesh.

#4 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:04 AM

I wonder how many Naruto fans watch Naruto on Disney XD still. Even though I hate the edits done to the show, I still let it play in the backround while I do something else. The stupid thing is that when Naruto was on CN, it had a Y7 rating, and it got away with a lot in terms of blood and other stuff. Naruto Shippuden has a PG rating on XD, so that means it should be able to get away with even less edits. But with Disney being Disney...yeah. So why do I watch it if I'm complaining like this? Simple: I want Naruto to get good ratings. I don't know if ratings sometimes determine if a series continues to be dubbed or not, but I'd be really disappointed if the English dub of Naruto was never finished, so I watch it just in case. If anyone is reading this and has access to Disney XD, please watch Naruto so it will continue to get good ratings.

#5 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

On CN, Naruto said the H word! th_confused0089.gif

#6 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

I believe there are uncut episodes on DVD way ahead of the airing. We're covered a_thumbs.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#7 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 9 2010, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On CN, Naruto said the H word! th_confused0089.gif

An anime called Zoids Chaotic Century used to play on CN at like 6:30 in the morning, and one of the characters said "You can all go to hell!" or something similar to that.

#8 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

If Naruto was a real person, then what would his whiskers look like? Would his cheeks be really fuzzy? headscratch.gif

#9 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

I always imagined them looking like he drew them on with a pencil laugh.gif

#10 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

Oh my God I rewatched the beginning scene of Oliver And Company and I was crying like I was watching a video about starving children. It's freaking Oliver And Company! What the hell is wrong with me?! shamefulcry0js.gif

#11 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jul 22 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my God I rewatched the beginning scene of Oliver And Company and I was crying like I was watching a video about starving children. It's freaking Oliver And Company! What the hell is wrong with me?! shamefulcry0js.gif

"A video about starving children"<----that's exactly what it's like arg.gif

That scene has always made me cry; the song, the way all of Oliver's litter gets picked while he's left to fend for himself in the rain.....

shamefulcry0js.gif

#12 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 23 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"A video about starving children"<----that's exactly what it's like arg.gif

That scene has always made me cry; the song, the way all of Oliver's litter gets picked while he's left to fend for himself in the rain.....

shamefulcry0js.gif

If you think that's bad then watch The Fox And The Hound. Everyone says Bambi's mom dying is the saddest Disney moment.

WRONG!

Todd being let behind in the game reserve while that sad song plays is the saddest. thing. ever.

#13 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jul 23 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think that's bad then watch The Fox And The Hound. Everyone says Bambi's mom dying is the saddest Disney moment.

WRONG!

Todd being let behind in the game reserve while that sad song plays is the saddest. thing. ever.

...... >>;;

i hate both of those movies....

They did nothing but make me sad, and as a child that equals BAD MOVIE, BAD.

#14 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Jul 23 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WRONG!

Yeah, I remember as a kid I felt SUPER sad while watching The Fox and the Hound, but when Bambi's mom died, I was like "Eh, whatever." laugh.gif

#15 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey is such a great, under appreciated family film. And I like how the animals' mouths didn't move when they talked. Movies with animals these days need to exemplify this one. Not like stupid Marmaduke or Beverly Hills Chiuahua.

#16 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

I keep having these dreams with my ex best friend in them. We stopped talking over a year ago; why can't my subconscious get over it?! I suppose I wish that things didn't happen the way they did like us not having the same interests anymore and whatnot, but I wasn't going to stay friends with someone who I felt wasn't treating me like a best friend should. Talking to her about how I feel would just be too weird now. Oh well...

#17 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Oh, man. I made the stupid mistake of watching Barefoot Gen at 10:30 at night. If you don't know what it is, it's an anime movie about the Hiroshima bombing, and it's autobiographical. Your reaction to watching this movie will like so: happy.gif th_confused0089.gif arg.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

#18 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm really torn over if I should buy the fire temple filler episodes when they are for sale on iTunes. The problem is that non-filler episodes build up to the filler, so if I don't buy them then certain scenes will confuse me (but I make notes to myself on microsoft word anyways on what to ignore in episodes that I've purchased that have filler) Auuugghh! Somebody tell me what I should do! Is that filler at least any good?

#19 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

I think it's pretty good, I especially love Sakura's reaction to Fuuka's rape kiss. pictureem0.gif

#20 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

So today I bought five 4-week-old kittens from two guys selling them in a parking lot at Petco. Afterwards I brought them to the Humane Society. Seriously? You're gonna go up and try to sell these kittens on a hot day to random people in a parking lot? They aren't even old enough to be away from their mother yet. Jerks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users