Close
Photo

So do you think that sakura was serious or not? *current manga spoilers*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura truly in love with naruto...yes or no? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

So do you think sakura was serious or not when she exclaimed her love for naruto?

1. Yes, I think she definitely does. (61 votes [61.62%])

Percentage of vote: 61.62%

2. Yes, but not for sure. (23 votes [23.23%])

Percentage of vote: 23.23%

3. Maybe, don't really know. (7 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

4. No (8 votes [8.08%])

Percentage of vote: 8.08%

Vote

#41 Tyliout

Tyliout

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

@ Ciardha: I really d'ont get the whole link between the Uchiha and the hyugaa when i read the manga Kakashi State that his familly is link to the hyugaa (Hatake) and Kakashi is not a Uchiha i think the confusion must come from the Anime.

Now do i believe Sakura was serious with her feeling yes i do. But the way she did was odd at best.

#42 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 2 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that was Kishimoto commenting on the letters he'd received from rabid naruhina fans, that's what they were saying. He was shocked they'd see Sakura so negatively, he said he wrote Sakura as "a honest and surprisingly determined girl" and thought he was writing her as quite heroic. He's rather irritated at those fans and his response to the criticism is he's going to make Sakura even more heroic! laugh.gif

So because of the Sakura bashing by rabid naruhina fans it sounds like we are going to see even more badass action from Sakura. laugh.gif

And it's probably part of why he's basically totally dissed the Hyuuga clan's history in the whole Uchiha vs Senju story. The Hyuuga clan isn't even mentioned, and probably won't ever be. He's basically said the Hyuuga clan story about the Uchiha coming out of their clan is a complete bunch of bull. Don't be surprised if Hinata is only a minor background character from now on too.

If that's true then thanks to those rabid N/H fans Sakura will be more heroic and she will be put in the spotlight even more thank you N/H fans a_thumbs.gif biggrin.gif
I'm sure they will be happy when they see their most hated character having more face time in the manga, more development and doing more heroism rolleyes.gif. Also they will be happy when they see that Hinata isn't even showing up in the manga anymore and her confession was left hanging in the air. This proves how much Kishi shows that he doesn't care what the fans say he got a letter from rabid Naru/Hina fans saying that they hated Sakura and they want more Hinata or more Naru/Hina and he completely ignores that and decides to fix the mistake to make Sakura more like by the fans (but he will be wasting his time even if Sakura protects Naruto with her life they will always hate her sleep.gif)

The important thing is that Kishi likes his characters and he does he's fond of Sakura and just because N/H fans disagrees or say otherwise he's not going to have her kill for the sake in making those rabid fans happy. Because question I ask to all of you since when has a manga artist writes his manga by getting requests from his fans??? huh.gif because if that was the case then that artist doesn't has any inspiration and he's basically writing his own manga base on what the fans are requesting him to do the whole manga won't be written by his own originality and ideas. Remember that Kishi is writing his manga HIS WAY NOT what the N/H and S/S fans wants him to write which is more of their pairings and make them canon. After all Kishi is not going to sell his soul for a crazy fandom. wink.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Tyliout @ Jan 2 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Ciardha: I really d'ont get the whole link between the Uchiha and the hyugaa when i read the manga Kakashi State that his familly is link to the hyugaa (Hatake) and Kakashi is not a Uchiha i think the confusion must come from the Anime.

Huh? No, Kakashi never said the Hatake clan was linked to the Hyuugas. But there is a mention around the Chunnin exams that the Hyuuga believe that the Uchiha clan was a rebellious breakaway from their clan.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#44 Tyliout

Tyliout

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 2 2010, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh? No, Kakashi never said the Hatake clan was linked to the Hyuugas. But there is a mention around the Chunnin exams that the Hyuuga believe that the Uchiha clan was a rebellious breakaway from their clan.

No i got the tome 9 and what kakashi say is during is "Ma famille était apparentée aux hyuga il y a très longtemps..." well i got the french tome but in english that give "My familly was link to the Hyuga a long time ago.." he make no mention of some link between sharingan and byakugan only a comparioson of there ability.

I just saw the english translation of the chapter which state what you said but in the long run the french translation seem to fit better with the story.

Not gonna go on a debate about who got the best translator just saying to let you know.

Edited by Tyliout, 02 January 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#45 firegirl

firegirl

im a ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, politics, debating, wrtiting art

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

i have a question do u think that sakuras feelings of love in an romantic light mature in part 2 for sasuke or was slowly fading and are now linguring feelings? because im having an tough debate and this person keeps saying sakura feelings for sasuke are still strong and in love. i just dont see her having still that strong of feeling with him also she keeps on putting she is saving him from the darkness its at the viz forums if your wondering. she is anoying the heck out me and twists my words in the debate. shes a sasusaku

please could anyone give me an anwser because i really feel her feelings didnt get stronger by being separated by sasuke for so long but this person keeps saying it other wise, sould really help(since im so frustrated)

i dont know weather to belive it or not does she really still love sasuke? and is she serious about naruto

#46 X105

X105

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 2 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For Sakura to love Naruto, she has to have a big revelation, it won't just happen in the middle of nowhere. The only thing she got was Sai giving her a wake up call.

Agreed and I think that is how Kishimoto wanted it. I think Sakura will resolve her feelings with her fight with Sasuke. I think kishimoto put it best with "naruto is close". All part of his plan. However, I would not be suprised if Naruto and Sakura are separated for quite some time, keeping the drama with unresolved pairings.

#47 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Tyliout @ Jan 2 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No i got the tome 9 and what kakashi say is during is "Ma famille était apparentée aux hyuga il y a très longtemps..." well i got the french tome but in english that give "My familly was link to the Hyuga a long time ago.." he make no mention of some link between sharingan and byakugan only a comparioson of there ability.

I just saw the english translation of the chapter which state what you said but in the long run the french translation seem to fit better with the story.

Not gonna go on a debate about who got the best translator just saying to let you know.

Tyliout, sounds like the French translation is badly done, you were confused about Itachi too, so it's sounding like your official French source isn't doing the job very well.

No matter how Kishimoto is having the story go, in part 1 he does write- the Hyuuga clan believes that the Uchiha clan started within their clan. The truth may be the opposite, or that before they older brother's descendants developed a true sharingan and became the Uchiha clan, a branch of the older brother's descendants developed a mutated eye ability- the byakugan and that branch decided to make peace with their Senju cousins and took the clan name Hyuuga. Over the centuries the story got conflated... Because Kishimoto does also states in part 2 a familial connection between the Rinnegan, Sharingan, and Byakugan. (I believe it's Jiraiya who states this)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#48 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Back to topic.
What i meant to say earlier was that Sakura needed...wait i lost my train of thought...and im about to get ready to get off topic...

Anyone noticed the similarities? of Ino and the Mizukage...?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#49 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 2 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The important thing is that Kishi likes his characters and he does he's fond of Sakura and just because N/H fans disagrees or say otherwise he's not going to have her kill for the sake in making those rabid fans happy. Because question I ask to all of you since when has a manga artist writes his manga by getting requests from his fans??? huh.gif because if that was the case then that artist doesn't has any inspiration and he's basically writing his own manga base on what the fans are requesting him to do the whole manga won't be written by his own originality and ideas. Remember that Kishi is writing his manga HIS WAY NOT what the N/H and S/S fans wants him to write which is more of their pairings and make them canon. After all Kishi is not going to sell his soul for a crazy fandom. wink.gif

The irony though is that even if Kishimoto were writing just to "appease the fans", he would still focus on Sakura as far as heroines go, as she's placed higher than Hinata in all of the character popularity polls. Hinata's fanbase is just a vocal minority; the majority would rather see Sakura.

As for what I think: Sakura's confession was sincere, but she was lying when she said that nothing has happened, and was lying to herself when she said Sasuke meant nothing to her (she wants to feel nothing for him so that it won't hurt when she or somebody else kills him). Even Naruto seemed to acknowledge that her confession was sincere after she defended herself, but he couldn't really wrap his head around that as he knew something was wrong and didn't understand why she was suddenly acting this way.

#50 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (firegirl @ Jan 2 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a question do u think that sakuras feelings of love in an romantic light mature in part 2 for sasuke or was slowly fading and are now linguring feelings? because im having an tough debate and this person keeps saying sakura feelings for sasuke are still strong and in love. i just dont see her having still that strong of feeling with him also she keeps on putting she is saving him from the darkness its at the viz forums if your wondering. she is anoying the heck out me and twists my words in the debate. shes a sasusaku

please could anyone give me an anwser because i really feel her feelings didnt get stronger by being separated by sasuke for so long but this person keeps saying it other wise, sould really help(since im so frustrated)

i dont know weather to belive it or not does she really still love sasuke? and is she serious about naruto

lets see...to put it simple. sakura's feelings during the beginning of part 2 might have still been kinda strong (due notice i said kinda) for sasuke. but ever since his decision to leave and naruto being there with her...those feelings have slowly been set to the back of her mind as her feelings for naruto slowly grew stronger. by the time she found about sasuke's change of mind and personality to the brutally psycho freak who has emotional issues, her feelings for him went down pretty dramatically. ofcourse she still has that bit of feeling left in her for him...but not much. if she is capable of making a decision as in killing sasuke, then her feelings for him are so miniscule. think about it, if you truly so dearly loved someone would you ever kill them? but if you did truly love someone would you do anything to protect them....like kill the person you used to love??? think about it.

#51 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

Imagine if Sasuke never left Konoha. Sakura would still be infatuated with him and Naruto would barely cross her mind. No, Naruto might still have a chance. It would just take twice as long for the development Sakura and Naruto have now.
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#52 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (forfayfen @ Jan 3 2010, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imagine if Sasuke never left Konoha. Sakura would still be infatuated with him and Naruto would barely cross her mind. No, Naruto might still have a chance. It would just take twice as long for the development Sakura and Naruto have now.

Right...If Kishi wanted SasuSaku to happen, he would have never make Sasuke leave the village in the first place...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#53 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 2 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that was Kishimoto commenting on the letters he'd received from rabid naruhina fans, that's what they were saying. He was shocked they'd see Sakura so negatively, he said he wrote Sakura as "a honest and surprisingly determined girl" and thought he was writing her as quite heroic. He's rather irritated at those fans and his response to the criticism is he's going to make Sakura even more heroic! laugh.gif

So because of the Sakura bashing by rabid naruhina fans it sounds like we are going to see even more badass action from Sakura. laugh.gif

And it's probably part of why he's basically totally dissed the Hyuuga clan's history in the whole Uchiha vs Senju story. The Hyuuga clan isn't even mentioned, and probably won't ever be. He's basically said the Hyuuga clan story about the Uchiha coming out of their clan is a complete bunch of bull. Don't be surprised if Hinata is only a minor background character from now on too.

what?! omfg.gif
Oh I see... thanks for clearing that out, Ciardha.. wow.png
well, kishi plan no more hinata a_plotting.gif

#54 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (pinkheartsyellowstars @ Jan 2 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what?! omfg.gif
Oh I see... thanks for clearing that out, Ciardha.. wow.png
well, kishi plan no more hinata a_plotting.gif

Yup that's how it is like I had mentioned before. With her confession finally said there's no more reason for Kishi to show Hinata in the manga anymore now that she has finally told Naruto how she feels about him. The only purpose she has left is to become the head of the Hyuga clan but we all know "how much rolleyes.gif" Kishi focus on secondary characters in his manga contrary to his main characters so he might show Hinata ruling over the clan at the end of the series.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#55 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

I DON'T KNOW where but I heard that Kishimoto COMFIRMED that she was not lying! ;O Maybe because he didn't want more bashing on her by fans? I don't know; as long as she wasn't lying ;P

#56 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Yes I think she meant it. There's when Naruto returned, When he turned 4 tails, The Ramen Shop scene and the hug. Even her purpose to relieve him of his promise. That there is proof enogh. Why is it Yamuto and Sai are the only one's who notice or at least make their opion on it. Everyone keeps bring up the Kishi interview, which I never seen yet. I know those reasons aren't good enough.

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

She obviously meant it but was also lying about her lingering feels for Sasuke, which I'm confident she doesn't have anymore.

Tsunade will give her some type of resolve to pursuit her happiness cough* romance of Naruto. narusaku.gif

#58 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Well...about her confession...how to put it?
In my opinion she was honest but obviously not prepared.Naruto knowing her so better,from her first wrong word realized that she wasn't fully honest.After she told her she was lying to herself she was put in a tough spot and not knowing what to say has thrown everything that came though her mind and for me it was obvious.
I heard from many NH'ers or SS'ers that she was lying in her confession, but they don't have material proof as to why they are saying that.Every little sign that Kishimoto put for us to view in that confession was obviously pro-NS and as a further standing to my point,wasn't something said in the heat of the moment was like speaking from the heart?(the moment she told him to come back to Konoha with HER).
Lingering feelings for Sasuke? I will make up a rant later about the feelings between Team7 and will show all my opinions towards them there.

#59 Danzo Baka

Danzo Baka

Danzo of da Root!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Dining with hell minions~

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

The reason for her confession to be so doubtful was the timing she used to express them, she thought by confessing she could make Naruto changes her mind... One thing for sure, Sakura didn't really notice how much Naruto changes recently, how he become more and more matured and wise in his decision.. To me that lead her to think that Naruto would immediately agrees with her decision to kill Sasuke if she tells him she wouldn't want Sasuke anymore... She always thought that Naruto is simple-minded person with childlike attitude and any direct speech would influenced him but not anymore. I love how Naruto matured lately but one thing I regret, it's getting hard for him to trust anyone nowadays, even Sakura...

Conclusion, I still believe Sakura's being honest..biggrin.gif

"Hiruzen its looks like it is my turn next... but i never did became Hokage"--- Danzo

"You are the leaves bathing in the sun I am the roots that grow in the dark"

#60 The Naruto guy

The Naruto guy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 2 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that's true then thanks to those rabid N/H fans Sakura will be more heroic and she will be put in the spotlight even more thank you N/H fans a_thumbs.gif biggrin.gif
I'm sure they will be happy when they see their most hated character having more face time in the manga, more development and doing more heroism rolleyes.gif. Also they will be happy when they see that Hinata isn't even showing up in the manga anymore and her confession was left hanging in the air. This proves how much Kishi shows that he doesn't care what the fans say he got a letter from rabid Naru/Hina fans saying that they hated Sakura and they want more Hinata or more Naru/Hina and he completely ignores that and decides to fix the mistake to make Sakura more like by the fans (but he will be wasting his time even if Sakura protects Naruto with her life they will always hate her sleep.gif)

nice one on the N/H fan thing. I think Sakura was being serious. But Naruto could have just said "I'm not interested right now." he did not need to hurt Sakura's heart like that right? Someone give me support im new to the website!

Back from the dead. It's a shame what happened. NaruSaku will live on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users