192 replies to this topic

#41 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:19 AM

While I'm not full on jumping off the ship, as so eloquently put by others and Bender himself as under the great Hypnotoad (all glory to the hypnotoad), this is really frustration-inducing, because the tide turner in any direction for the shippers feels so close, but that Kishimoto, he's stretching it out.

What I'm really confused about now, is why Sakura did confess. The answer to that would answer myriad questions. Sai himself even said she didn't come out there to do that. And Yamato says that she knew how Naruto would react, so what was the point of her coming out there to begin with. She knew how hard it was going to be to say it, but still came out, and then when she did she couldn't bring herself to do it, and in it's place out came a confession. What would she really have done had Naruto agreed to go back to the village with her? Surely she didn't expect him to do so. She's not an idiot as Sai put it. Did she simply believe it was worth a try, were there truly other reasons for confessing, was it a goodbye not knowing if she should return? If I were in her position, I don't know how confident I would be that I could defeat Sasuke with my skillset. Nothing against how great of a fighter she is, I know she can dispel genjutsus, but this is Mangekyo and he also has Amaterasu, and Susan-double 'o'.

I'm confused as to the celebrations of Sai saying she chose Naruto over Sasuke, when the sentence is ended with "...was Sakura's way of freeing you from your promise." Which to me simply sounds like it was a means to an end rather than what she actually felt.

As others have astutely said, this is all conjecture on Sai's part, but he was pretty right on about Naruto's own feelings for Sakura.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 03 December 2009 - 04:29 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#42 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

Relax everyone. Everything is going to be okay. Our prayers have been answered. Batman has begun his attack.

He's got this!

BAT-A-TAT-TAT!

Oh, and dl316bh, sign me up. Praise be to Batman.

A new recruit! Excellent! All glory to the great Batman!

Bat be praised!

*hands over a copy of Batman: Year One*

This is kind of like our bible, only cooler. It doesn't get into the juicy stuff though. Like when the Dark Knight said "I'm Batman" and then there was light, which he saw was good. Or the time he parted the Red Sea by stating "I'm Batman". Still, it should show you the path to Batlightenment.

I'm confused as to the celebrations of Sai saying she chose Naruto over Sasuke, when the sentence is ended with "...was Sakura's way of freeing you from your promise." Which to me simply sounds like it was a means to an end rather what she actually felt.

She went to Naruto with every intention of going after Sasuke. So I wonder if perhaps it was something akin to bearing her feelings and what was inside before she marched off to battle, also freeing him from the promise that had weighed on him before she goes to take care of it. Taking care of her business before she goes into a bad situation. Otherwise, there would have been no reason.

Perhaps she does not suspect the fight will go well and she merely wants to be sure that her feelings for him are known before she goes to take care of the business with Sasuke, which has caused them both great pain.

I see it in some ways as Sakura stepping up and looking to make things right, which would be her decree not to make any more mistakes; she loves both boys, but one of them has crossed several lines and she realizes it's time to let go. To stop him because she cares about him, or cared, whatever the case may be. That takes some serious guts if it's what's occurring. She's basically saddling up to get s*** done knowing full well that should she succeed or fail, there will be no going back.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 December 2009 - 04:31 AM.

bd5.jpg

#43 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

The part where the mirror broke...i think it means that Naruto has finally come into a realization...the same realization that Jiraiya had told him at the end of part 1...that Sasuke choose this life for himself, that if he continues to follow that path, of trying to rescue him, to see the girl he likes smile ounce again he will never have a chance of achieving his dreams, In page 10, the idea of Sakura wanting to kill Sasuke, so she can put Naruto's great burden to an end, to kill the one she loves, so she can stop the pain of the one that loves her, even if it means him hating her forever for doing so...

This love triangle is finally reaching its climax, as a matter of fact, i think it just broke...now according to the story from Jiraiya point of view, it all has to do with choices. He has 2 choices now...
1.) He can, let Sakura go to Sasuke, and get herself killed, along with Kiba, and Lee. Or badly injured. He can go, and help lead the forces of all the nations against Madara, finally putting an end to Madara...and ultimately becoming Hokage.
2.) Or he can run towards Sakura, try to stop her from confronting Sasuke, get himself caught by the Akatsuki, and having his beast extracted, thus giving Madara enough power in his arsenal to capture and extract the 8 tails. Thus releasing Juubi into the world...

Lol doesn't sound right does it xDD...but i think option 2 is more likely...considering Naruto rashness, and the fact the 9 tailed beast and the 8 tailed beast have to be extracted.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#44 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Dec 2 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Yamato says that she knew how Naruto would react, so what was the point of her coming out there to begin with.

Yamato was saying "she must have" not absolutely, and it was to the decision to kill Sasuke not what she said, obviously from her stunned reaction to Naruto's. Yes, she knew how he'd react to actually saying "we've all decided Sasuke has to die" That's why she confessed her feelings for Naruto and urged him to let go of chasing Sasuke and come home with her. It looks like plan A was- confess her feelings, bring Naruto back home and give herself to Naruto.

You're also missing this key line from Sai that brings it right back to Sakura loving Naruto- "She was only thinking of you and I think you understood that"

Edited by ciardha, 03 December 2009 - 04:39 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#45 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:41 AM

If Naruto ends up with Hinata, i will judge Naruto [the manga...not the character] as one of the greatest story ever told, with the crappiest ending ever made.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#46 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Issue one?! Sweeeet!

*Throws away bible*

Holy Flame Wars Batman, have you SEEN the bashing?! I'm staying in the Batcave and never coming out. Yikes.

Anyways, I like dl316bh11one1's theory. Where Sakura told Naruto she loved him because she was going to battle and didn't know if she'd make it back or not? And even though I looove it, I don't think it's the reason why. It's so dramatic, maybe a little too dramatic (But then again... rolleyes.gif)

But it would be my default theory if the other theory doesn't come into fruition; How people are saying Sakura told him because she wanted to stop Naruto without going to drastic measures. I agree with that.

#47 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

So Naruto just thinks Sakura still has an undieing love for Suskue?

Plus if Kashi really is the next Hokage then thats like all the Training Generations since the 1st.

The 1st Generation had the 1st n 2nd Hokage.

the 2nd Generation had the 3rd.

the 3rd Generation had the 5th

the 4th Generation had the 4th

the 5th Generation had the 6th or 7th if Danzo really counted.

the 6th Generation is the Naruto gang

#48 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

Holy Flame Wars Batman, have you SEEN the bashing?! I'm staying in the Batcave and never coming out. Yikes.

I haven't, but I can imagine. I don't go to general fandom sites or deal with general fandoms to avoid it. There was this one time on a site like Narutofan but for a different series where a mod said a certain shipper group, and I quote, "should be taken out in the street and shot". I haven't been back to one since; at that point I realized those kind of sites bring out the worst in people.

It's so dramatic, maybe a little too dramatic (But then again... rolleyes.gif)

Well, maybe. But the series has been pretty dramatic for a while now. To the point where I figure it might fit.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 December 2009 - 05:24 AM.

bd5.jpg

#49 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Issue one?! Sweeeet!

*Throws away bible*

Anyways, I like dl316bh11one1's theory. Where Sakura told Naruto she loved him because she was going to battle and didn't know if she'd make it back or not? And even though I looove it, I don't think it's the reason why. It's so dramatic, maybe a little too dramatic (But then again... rolleyes.gif)

But it would be my default theory if the other theory doesn't come into fruition; How people are saying Sakura told him because she wanted to stop Naruto without going to drastic measures. I agree with that.

The flame wars are scary, they are degrading Sakura character in to a Yandere or something like that. People are littering freaking out over this.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 03 December 2009 - 05:21 AM.

#50 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 3 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The flame wars are scary, they are degrading Sakura character in to a Yandere or something like that. People are littering freaking out over this.

I can actually laugh about that, wow that's some desperate argument by a certain other ship...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#51 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

Don't worry guys, Kishi did this on purpose to make the fight between Sakura Vs. Sasuke more climatic. We all know Sakura's love for Sasuke has been based on practically a lie from the bench scene. wink.gif I'm confident Sakura will bring that up whenever the fight takes place and find out that it was Naruto trying to express his love for her and of course Naruto will go into Sage mode and track down Sakura location in the nick of time to save his princess. biggrin.gif

The pairing wars lies in the Sakura Vs. Sasuke fight, We all should be saying danarusakunp3.gif for the win!!!. rawr.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 03 December 2009 - 06:13 AM.

#52 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

Oh yes, Kishi actually painted a picture of what relationships really are... MESSY. wtf aren't you supposed to dispose of old feelings completely and forget about them? haha /sarcasm/ anyway...

So what we have here is Sai's interpretation... thus far he has figured out 3 things. 1) Naruto loves Sakura. 2) Sakura loves Sasuke. 3) Sakura has strong feelings for Naruto that have not yet been worded as "love"

So why does this mean NaruSaku is over again? last I checked Sasuke hasn't said ANYTHING good about Sakura. Not one thing.

And if we're playing the whole Sakura loves Sasuke so she can never love Naruto game... then we sure as hell should be playing the Naruto loves Sakura so he can never love Hinata game... just sayin, honestly I really just want this to end... I'm sick of wondering more about the pairings than what's actually going on.

Kishi's just trying to build up everything against Naruto right now...

On a lighter note... I kittening love Gaara... he came at the perfect time. HEART. DON'T GIVE UP NARUTO!

Love is everything.

#53 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:29 AM

facepalm.png Sheesh. No one is making sense anymore.

Flashback:

NC: What is the most important thing for you to express in Naruto Part II?

MK: I've always had "bonds" in my mind as the fundamental theme. And since the story is about battles and struggles, I'm inclined to depict the resulting complications and....difficult relationships. Still, the emphasis will be on bonds. I'm going to show each side's perspective. I won't really divide the cast into friends and foes, but I want to portray each group's circumstance in a fair manner. And when they clash, I want to get inside the mindset of the characters. It won't be a feel-good narrative, since the premise is more complicated than your basic good vs. evil, but I'll give it a try.

He's not ending the manga anytime soon people. He's going to need to fill the plot hole problem if any, this was coming. He either makes this complex and makes into something truly artistic or he tries to throw the curveball. If you want to understand, the whole perspective must be filled, as much as it pains me to say it. Try to stop thinking in a pairing and shipping mentality.

#54 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Dec 3 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
facepalm.png Sheesh. No one is making sense anymore.

That was the idea, yes.
bd5.jpg

#55 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 3 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was the idea, yes.

woot.gif BATMAN!!!

#56 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:49 AM

I feel like hiding in this forum and never going into a different one again.If you venture out of the safety of Narusaku.com any known narusaku fan will be ripped apart. On one of the other forums i use i logged on with 8 messages from different people iv'e argued against laughing at me and how "ridiculous" narusaku is. These are dark times indeed!

JLHza2T.png

#57 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Dec 3 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel like hiding in this forum and never going into a different one again.If you venture out of the safety of Narusaku.com any known narusaku fan will be ripped apart. On one of the other forums i use i logged on with 8 messages from different people iv'e argued against laughing at me and how "ridiculous" narusaku is. These are dark times indeed!

The best way to reply to such things?

"Cool story bro."

That or incinerate them with the power of rock.

bd5.jpg

#58 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 2 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That or incinerate them with the power of rock.

I'll melt their face off with my rocking powers!

JLHza2T.png

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

WSJ 475 preview and about the color page --Click here to view--
鉄の国行き
己の忍道に後悔なし!!
Going to the Land of Iron
I don't regret following my way of the ninja!!

サイの話を聞いたナルトが取った行動とは!?
What will Naruto do, now that he listened to Sai's story!?

笑わせ続けて10周年!!
SQから特別出張掲載Cカラー!!

The 10th anniversary continues to make you smile!!
A special official tour colour cover because of the SQ!!

#60 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

Naruto could be wrong.

After years of Sakura fawing over sasuke perhaps in his mind there is no way she could love anyone else nevermind him. We all no how stubborn Naruto is.

This aint the end its a new beginning. Especially with the team 7 image shattering.
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users