86 replies to this topic

#21 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

I am feeling really good about how things are going. i loved the conversation Naruto and Sakura had and i am confident in good things coming from it later down the road. and in between some epic stuff. oh and the fight between Kisame and Killerbee is going to be awesome! :starwars:

i love the environment their conversation took place too, i think it adds another dimension of meaning and irony to it all.

time for some chapter 470 fan art...i'll be back.

#22 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

Oh, Sai. Whatcha up to now?

Loved Sakura talking back to Naruto, and how he was even pretty surprised by it. That argument was so NaruSaku. Naruto sticks to what he wants to do, which causes Sakura to worry about his safety. A popular prediction is that Sai will tell Naruto about what's going on and he'll want to go after Sakura, but possibly won't be able to because Gaara will reach him first and tell him about the war and the Kages' decision to restrict him and Killa Bee. Whatever happens, I got a feeling we can look forward to another emotional moment the next time Naruto & Sakura see each other, hopefully involving lots of apologizing and making out up. wink.gif

Hopefully next chapter we'll get to see more of what they're thinking or what Sai plans to do. But I won't complain if 471 is just 17 pages of Kisame looking awesome, either.

#23 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

I hate to say this but these last two chapters read like a bad fanfic. bash.gif
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#24 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Hefster @ Nov 5 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it is a bad fan fiction, I think its part of the Sakura arc.

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Hefster @ Nov 5 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because everyone want them to rush and get it over with, ignoring all of the drama of the main plot? rolleyes.gif

This chapter is going on the right direction for them. (And I so love the 2nd page's top right panel!) This confirms that we are in full swing and ready to perform a counterattack! And plus, it was juicy! Thank you, Sakura (and Kishi) for back up your argument!

Now, as I said before... this is what I expected! Great drama and tension, without any sappy and rushed stuff that we all see in other media works, even on fanfiction. Kishimoto is making NaruSaku a very realistic couple in fiction, which so far its working. As I said, no Soap Opera bs... in here, I want to some development with good enough drama and tension in their interaction, good or bad.

Now back to story...

Sai... why another clone... are you going to tell Naruto the real reason why you guys were there? (I don't believe that crap of he's checking on Naruto for Danzo... that's the term backstabbing).

Kisame... wow... Samaheda is gonna be work for Killer Bee... The swords will fly in the next couple of chapters... and it looks like the Tsuchikage is turning a new leaf, thanks to Gaara... he may get more if he ever meet Naruto.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 5 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because everyone want them to rush and get it over with, ignoring all of the drama of the main plot? rolleyes.gif

This chapter is going on the right direction for them. (And I so love the 2nd page's top right panel!) This confirms that we are in full swing and ready to perform a counterattack! And plus, it was juicy! Thank you, Sakura (and Kishi) for back up your argument!

Now, as I said before... this is what I expected! Great drama and tension, without any sappy and rushed stuff that we all see in other media works, even on fanfiction. Kishimoto is making NaruSaku a very realistic couple in fiction, which so far its working. As I said, no Soap Opera bs... in here, I want to some development with good enough drama and tension in their interaction, good or bad.

Now back to story...

Sai... why another clone... are you going to tell Naruto the real reason why you guys were there? (I don't believe that crap of he's checking on Naruto for Danzo... that's the term backstabbing).

Kisame... wow... Samaheda is gonna be work for Killer Bee... The swords will fly in the next couple of chapters... and it looks like the Tsuchikage is turning a new leaf, thanks to Gaara... he may get more if he ever meet Naruto.

Really well said.

#27 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 5 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the Tsuchikage. I was suprised that Gaara was able to affect him like that. It'll probably lead to something good~

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#28 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Nov 5 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, almost forgot about the Tsuchikage. I was suprised that Gaara was able to affect him like that. It'll probably lead to something good~

I didn't think Naruto fan club members could have there own fan club.

#29 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

Inc 20 chapters until more NS. biggrin.gif

#30 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

I am so weird. Last chapter was full of a flowery, sugary confession, and it ticked me off to no end.

This chapter is an argument, and I'm happy as a clam.

Oh well, I guess I just prefer it more when Sakura is true to her Tsundere self. I think I'd have been even happier if she smacked Naruto a little.

Oh, and: DING DONG, THE PROMISE IS DEAD! It's about freakin' time!

As for Killer Bee vs Kisame, I'm pretty sure Kisame is going to win. He's been stated to have chakra on the same level as the bijuu, and Samehada just ate the chakra shroud Killer Bee used to shred up Sasuke. I don't see how he could win. Even his lightning element isn't strong enough to pierce Kisame's defenses.

Which is pretty obvious, now that I think about it. Every member of the original Akatsuki has been taken out by a Konoha shinobi, at least in part. To have him defeated by Killer Bee, where no main characters are present, would go against tradition. And Kishimoto-sensei LOVES his traditions.

#31 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

dead is the wrong word.

the promise took on a life of its own during the battle at the VOTE. Sakuras part is only a part of it.

its grwon now to include Sakura, his and Sasukes bond, and now his promise to Jiraiya and Nagato.

this has gone beyond any promise to bring back hsi crushes love.

it now represents the very fight for Sasukes soul and for peace in the ninja world
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#32 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

I am just so happy, that Sakura is taking charge in the hunt for Sasuke for Naruto safety.

As for the fight, between Killer bee and the Shark dude it will be very cool to see what will become of it.

Edit:Fix grammar and spelling using Microsoft word

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 November 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#33 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

What IS Sai doing? Don't stay behind! Go with Sakura...run! Naruto's gonna beat the crap out of you! (psst...Sai, you might even want to consider joining Sasuke after this.) Srsly, what is he thinking. Naruto definitely connected the dots that Sai was responsible for some of Sakura's "confession" - cue a few sideways glances from Naruto. Uh oh Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do!

#34 deafdrum

deafdrum

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Hmmm....Now who's lying to themselves, eh Naruto?

If it was true what Naruto said, that wanting to save Sasuke has nothing to do with his promise, then his words to Sai in 457 don't make any sense. I don't think it's merely because of the promise, but at this point I have no reason to believe Naruto doesn't still want to keep it. On the other hand, I think it's because Sakura treated Naruto's desire to save Sasuke as merely a product of the PoaL (even though she might not have believed that was the case herself) that she inaudibly apologizes to him as she walks away.

Interestingly enough, I don't feel that this chapter either strengthened or weakened the case for the authenticity of Sakura's confession. It is still not clear whether or not she confessed to him merely as an excuse to get him to go back to the village, or because those were her true feelings. Regardless of this however, her dialog feels much more "Sakuraesque" in this chapter, and she conveys quite clearly her interest in his well-being. That feeling is a foundation which supports a romantic relationship, but at this point, based on all the development we've seen, it really is nothing new to fans and probably even most non-fans.

Hopefully, Sai left a clone in order to talk to Naruto a little more, because at this point, Naruto and Sakura's desire to protect each other is causing them to talk past one another and hide things. I'm looking forward to what Sakura has to say to Sasuke once she finds him, because there's a number of different ways she could approach the conversation, just like what she did with Naruto, and it's going to be a major factor in further shaping her character.

#35 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Well, I liked this chapter a LOT more than the last one. Now it actually sounded like Sakura than in her confession. The chapter was good, in my opinion, anyway.

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 06 November 2009 - 02:15 AM.

#36 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

Good Chapter, here's hoping Sakura beats Sasuke's ass a little before Naruto has to come save hers.

uc.png

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Nov 5 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Chapter, here's hoping Sakura beats Sasuke's ass a little before Naruto has to come save hers.

I'm sure she will, because Sasuke will be way underestimating her, just like Kakashi did during the second bell test, and Sasori at the start of the Sakura vs Sasori fight. And remember how dumbfounded the male Konoha jonins that had been fleeing the giant centipede when Sakura killed it in one blow. Kishimoto likes to use Sakura in part 2 of the manga as the person who is underestimated but through her strength and wisdom at minimum holds her own much to her opponent's shock. Sasuke even underestimated the Kages, he's certainly going to enormously underestimate Sakura. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura doesn't get a least a punch in that knocks him out for a few seconds (payback wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

Y'know, it would be pretty funny if, after all this time of Naruto chasing Sasuke, Sakura was the one who brought him down for Naruto's sake.

#39 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Nov 6 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, it would be pretty funny if, after all this time of Naruto chasing Sasuke, Sakura was the one who brought him down for Naruto's sake.

Ironic more like it...some Sasuke fans would get pissed.

Edited by Strangelove, 06 November 2009 - 03:26 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#40 Dattebayo

Dattebayo

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

Man, I love Sakura.
Seriously.

Even if she's being manipulative with her confession (although I believe that her feelings are genuine, I feel that the words she used to express them were carefully articulated- she WAS being manipulative. Just not sure what she wanted to achieve though. Perhaps she was measuring how set Naruto was on bringing back Sasuke?) she has a plan. After Naruto tells her that "its weird that she'd come all that way just to say something like that", and tells her that he still wants to save Sasuke, Sakura has a "I knew it'd come to this...now onto Plan B" expression on her face as she formulates her find Sasuke plan.
Her intentions are good. I think she's doing the right thing- she knows that Naruto will stop at nothing to bring Sasuke back. I'm sure she knew that Naruto wanted to bring him back regardless of her feelings for him, but wanted to use her feelings as leverage for Naruto to just drop it and come home. However when she sees that he's not giving it up, she decides that she's going to go take Sasuke down (as the rookie 9 decided, in Konoha) by herself, and that she doesn't need his help. No doubt she'll try to save Sasuke first (though not cos of her feelings for him, cos if she hadn't realized by now that Sasuke couldn't give a rat's ass about her, then she's WAY too stupid to be a main character) as a teammate and for Naruto's sake. If it doesn't work though, she won't have any qualms about killing him.

It'd be a really interesting turn in the story if Sakura fought Sasuke and defeated him (physically not emotionally)- first of all everyone expects a Naruto-Sasuke fight but we haven't really considered Sakura in terms of her abilities. She's more than a match for Sasuke now, and when you think about it she has many, MANY good reasons to kick his ass- all the pain he's caused Naruto, etc. I foresee a "I'm protecting what's precious to me, and that's the only reason I'm bothering to kill you" type scenario happening. So while he's lying there defeated, Naruto will come along and no doubt make him see the light, and tell him that they'll help him avenge his clan, thus defeating Sasuke mentally.
Also it'll be a complete contrast of what happened the last time- the last time, Sakura used her feelings as a ploy to get Sasuke to stay in Konoha, and it didn't work. Naruto physically went after him (and tried to appeal to him on an emotional level but that failed epically, so the main battle was a physical fight) and also failed. This time I think Sakura should pwn him, and then Naruto can step in and talk to him as a broher/teammate/friend.

Also we must keep in mind that Sakura doesn't know why Sasuke is in Akatsuki. She isn't provided with much info, which is surprising given her closeness to Naruto and the fact that Kakashi is her sensei, but I guess it all comes down to what someone else said earlier- that everyone underestimates Sakura, including Kakashi- and even Naruto to some extent. Naruto has only actually seen her in battle a few times- he knows she defeated Sasori but he wasn't WATCHING it happen. Thus subconciously he still must think of her as someone to be protected, rather than someone who does the protecting, much like he sees Hinata.
In Sakura's mind, Akatsuki is an organization that kills jinchuuriki. Naruto is a jinchuuriki. Sasuke is a member of Akatsuki, which means that Sasuke's out to kill Naruto, while Naruto wants to save Sasuke- meaning Naruto's life is in danger from Sasuke, while Sasuke is in no danger at all. So, of course, Sakura wants to kill Sasuke to protect Naruto from harm. This is part of the reason Naruto said "Its not because of the promise I made to you". Of COURSE he's still trying to keep his promise to her- but what's he supposed to say now that Sakura's taken it away? He can't respond to her confession because then in her eyes he'd have no reason to save Sasuke. And yet he can't tell her why it is HE wants to save Sasuke. So he gives her what seems (to her) an irrational answer ("I want to help Sasuke"). She has no idea why he still wants to.

Pah, long winded explanation...I hope SOMEBODY understands that, cos I don't xD

oh, and does anyone else think that Sai's staying behind to tell Naruto and Kakashi what Danzou plans to do with Naruto?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users