RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Sep 17 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of ironic that Gaara says Sasuke can still see a "sliver of light."

I don't read Japanese, but this might be a mistranslation.

I think Gaara is telling Sasuke: "You have your head so far up your ass, that you can only see a sliver of light through your sphincter."

Or something like that. fu.png

#22 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Sep 17 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't read Japanese, but this might be a mistranslation.

I think Gaara is telling Sasuke: "You have your head so far up your ass, that you can only see a sliver of light through your sphincter."

Or something like that. fu.png

And you know the best part to your comment is what Sasuke says next. That it has long been closed. And "My only goal is in the darkness." lol.

#23 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (darkseraphim100 @ Sep 17 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just something to point out; in an earlier chapter it was noted that Kankuro's puppet resembled Sasori.

The puppet was fully revealed in this chapter, and now I'm pretty much positive it's Sasori's body. It even has the seal on his chest that made chakra.

Ew! That's so gross! But good point. I guess it would help to have an x-mass murderer as your puppet...No, never mind. It's still really just awkward.

But how will Raikage fight without his other arm? Is Kishi planning to kill him off or something?

#24 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

If, Kishimoto kills Raikage off, I will surely be pissed, he is one of my top five favorite characters. tongue.gif

This chapter was like jezzes can, Sasuke get any more stronger? Why doesn't he have to train anymore? I guess that he have a price to pay, but I still doubt it. But, I do hope he will die thought.

How many power ups will Sasuke get? Also, has Karin seen a softer side to Sasuke? She probably did, but still it hard to believe that she saw a softer side of him.

#25 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hmm. I don't really know what to say abou the chapter or Sasukes power-ups, those have been visible for a long time after all... Just hoping that his Susanoo doesn't get those sword and shield what Itachis had.

But the first thing to pop in my mind was: Temari <3! cool.gif

Now great this manga has made me such a fanboy... yikes! whistling.gif
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#26 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

A lame attempt at parody by yours truly:

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#27 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Sep 17 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lame attempt at parody by yours truly:

that actually made me crack up, if you read it right XDgood job nee-sama :3

#28 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

*RANT MODE*

Good Lord, this chapter was stupid.

So the Mangekyou Sharingan is strong enough to take on a squad of highly trained samurai, four jounin level ninja, and two kages, at the same time?!

Bull. S***.

Being powerful is one thing. I can accept that.

But Sasuke has crossed over into Villian Sue level.

There is simply no way that he should be this powerful, nor should he still have people offering him redemtion chances. I don't care if this is fiction. It doesn't matter whether he still has "Light" in him. The guy defected from his country, joined an enemy nation, attacked another nation, and now has invaded what amounts to the Naruto world's United Nations.

For the love of God, people in this series have been put to death for smaller crimes! What the hell makes Uchiha Sasuke so damned special?!

#29 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Sep 17 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Itachi: In a word... -Facepalm.-

One investment that definatly didn't pay off.

#30 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

Im sorry but I still dont see how anyone can be surprised at this. Itachi with Susano blocked Sasuke ultimate Raiton Technique Kirin. A bolt of chakra enhanced lightning.

so far Sasuke hasnt blocked anything even remotely close to Kirin yet with Susano.

Amateratsu has acted exactly as it did before, and he hasnt even used Tsukyomi yet.

again the amount of power he has is irellevant. its how he uses it and believe me when it finally comes to facing Naruto itll fail.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#31 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Sep 17 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, right? rolleyes.gif Sasuke IS meant to be a genius, but even this is a little too much. Of course, I fully expect Sasuke will have to pay a heavy price for all that power; Kishimoto has already hinted that Sasuke will lose his eyesight. If Sasuke is still alive at the end of the manga, he'll most likely be blind.

Maybe, but I doubt it'll be permanent. I can see the overuse of his Mangekyou giving him fits later on. I think Kishimoto already started forshadowing and it doesn't seem Sasuke has made the connection between his weakening sight and the Mangekyou. Perhaps when he's facing Naruto or Madara. However, my expectation is that if it does happen, either it'll be to a degree and at a time that'll stop Sasuke from being a Mangenkyo spam machine or that his sight will be restored in some manner.

Zetsu's backstab was most likely the final straw. Sasuke was already teetering on the edge, consumed by his desire for revenge. Having Danzou dangled before his eyes - then snatched away - has just made Sasuke lose his patience and become extremely annoyed. It's clear Madara had that happen on purpose so Sasuke would cause chaos at the Kage Meeting. The question is, why? Was increasing Sasuke's power the sole aim, or was it just a nifty little bonus for him?

EDIT: Cupcake-chan, Naruto is staying at the wooden lodge Yamato created. They're most likely miles away from the Kage Summit building. happy.gif

This is ultimately why this chapter bugs me so much. His current team has been with him since Itachi's death and his desire to eliminate Danzou. If anything was to be the final straw, I would have expected that traumatic event to be the final straw. Instead, the betrayal of a guy they never really trusted very much and the interference from a bunch of people he never knew (save Gaara and company) are what do it? To me, being extremely annoyed as the basis seems...awfully underwhelming.

Second, this chapter highlights what I've really disliked about Sasuke's powerups. Throughout most of the series we were led to believe that the cost of obtaining Mangkyou was not only exceptionally high, but rather sinister. Sasuke got his when Itachi gave it to him (and not Itachi's actual death...) and the second eye, was apparently released now, though that Susanno'o required both eyes to be released, that they were released separately, and that Sasuke had only one prior to now wasn't exactly clear. Nor is how he knew any of this. Truthfully, I'm not even sure that's what Kishimoto meant, but that's how Sasuke's words came across to me.

For me, how Sasuke got his and how they were supposed to be obtained doesn't exactly mesh. It seems Sasuke paid a far lower price than Itachi. Of course, Itachi being a good guy really calls into question the truth of how Itachi obtained his, since him killing his best friend for power does fit with the current image of Itachi.

#32 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

Now that team Raikage and Gaara are both fighting on Sasuke, I really don't want Naruto to fight Sasuke now. Because all of the Sasuke fans would be pissed and say Raikage/cloud and Gaara/sand siblings weakened Sasuke before Naruto defeated him so with that said I would prefer the Naruto Vs. Sasuke fight another arc or two later after this were they will be both at full strength with no interferences. sleep.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 18 September 2009 - 02:34 AM.

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Sep 17 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that team Raikage and Gaara are both fighting on Sasuke, I really don't want Naruto to fight Sasuke now. Because all of the Sasuke fans would be pissed and say Raikage/cloud and Gaara/sand siblings weakened Sasuke before Naruto defeated him so with that said I would prefer the Naruto Vs. Sasuke fight another arc or two later after this were they will be both at full strength with no interferences. sleep.gif

I highly wanted that to happen anyways! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:01 AM

But, I would hate to hear all the whining over it. Saying, Naruto beat their emo God just, because he weaken.

#35 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

Mangekyou overkill, that's what this is. I'm pretty sure that Madara is going to come in and bail Sasuke out of this at the end of the fight though. At least we get to see Gaara's improved strength. I'm sure that if things turn out with Sasuke coming back to Konoha, his MS side effect will be cured by Tsunade or Sakura. I hop Kishi knows what consequences are, and him becoming blind would be fitting for the manga.

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Regardless, I still want it to be a fair and equal fight that's why I don't want the Naruto Vs. Sasuke fight happening until way later on. (That way the Sasuke fans won't have anything to complain about.)

QUOTE (EarthBorn @ Sep 18 2009, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mangekyou overkill, that's what this is. I'm pretty sure that Madara is going to come in and bail Sasuke out of this at the end of the fight though. At least we get to see Gaara's improved strength. I'm sure that if things turn out with Sasuke coming back to Konoha, his MS side effect will be cured by Tsunade or Sakura. I hope Kishi knows what consequences are, and him becoming blind would be fitting for the manga.

If Kishi says in the interview that Sasuke will lose his eyesight than more than likely it will happen just like the other interview information has came true. Still waiting on the Killer Bee vs. Kisame fight that was mentioned in the interview.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 18 September 2009 - 12:22 PM.

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Sep 17 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*RANT MODE*

Good Lord, this chapter was stupid.

So the Mangekyou Sharingan is strong enough to take on a squad of highly trained samurai, four jounin level ninja, and two kages, at the same time?!

Bull. S***.

Being powerful is one thing. I can accept that.

But Sasuke has crossed over into Villian Sue level.

There is simply no way that he should be this powerful, nor should he still have people offering him redemtion chances. I don't care if this is fiction. It doesn't matter whether he still has "Light" in him. The guy defected from his country, joined an enemy nation, attacked another nation, and now has invaded what amounts to the Naruto world's United Nations.

For the love of God, people in this series have been put to death for smaller crimes! What the hell makes Uchiha Sasuke so damned special?!

Yeah and Madara is the "Boring Invincible Villian" trope for sure. I've gotten to the point with that character of- please kill him already Kishimoto.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:06 PM

I still think people are blowing this way out of proportion.

Kishi has allready shown that when the chips are down and it matters the themes of the manga will rule the day.

I wont call BS untill Sasuke is shown standing over an unconscious naruto who has been beaten in sage mode.

and even then Ill probably cheer because it means Sakura will more then likely be the one to deliver the much needed arse woopin to sasuke, which I think she needs to be the one to do so anyways.

Edited by catsi563, 18 September 2009 - 05:07 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Sep 18 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think people are blowing this way out of proportion.

Kishi has allready shown that when the chips are down and it matters the themes of the manga will rule the day.

I wont call BS untill Sasuke is shown standing over an unconscious naruto who has been beaten in sage mode.

and even then Ill probably cheer because it means Sakura will more then likely be the one to deliver the much needed arse woopin to sasuke, which I think she needs to be the one to do so anyways.

That would fit the pattern of the Sanin fight where Tsunade delivered the punch that won the fight (liked the scene in the anime better actually where she gets to do even more of a smack down on Orochimaru)

What I'd love to see is Sasuke thinking he's got the battle won with Naruto by pulling out his Enton ability and all of sudden he gets doused by a waterfall that puts out his fire and the scene cuts to Sakura with a Tsunade- like smirk on her face and she says- "About time someone cooled you off"

So then Sasuke goes for his Chidori sword all pissed off and Sage Mode Naruto blows the Chidori sword away with his wind rasengen and while Sasuke is distracted by Naruto, Sakura jumps in behind Sasuke and with a well aimed finger flick to the neck knocks Sasuke out, whereupon she smirks again and says- "time for a nap!"

With Sasuke safely unconcious, Naruto looks at Sakura and asks with an ironic smile- "Should we break some bones to make sure we can drag his ass back to Konoha?"

"Think hands and feet will be enough?"
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:25 AM

Ah man, that'd be a funny little fan comic then
XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users