2627 replies to this topic

#81 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

Yea I have a feeling they will just build on Matt and Sora, which sucks cause I wanted to enjoy Digimon Tri, thought it could finally be redemption 15 yrs later...

#82 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

S2 had potential, It's biggest fault was the ending ( :sick:) and the three underdeveloped new characters ( If they had a chance for development like Ken had...), Ken was okay though 

Ken was sexy! <3 And really funny too as the villain. I remember when he was laughing all evilly and started coughing when smoke blew at him lol. His redemption was done right when he slowly joined the other kids and wasn't rushed or out of character like some other crap redemption stories I can name.
Anyway I lost hope for any Taiora in the new anime. They're gonna build on Sorato and explain how they came to be which I'm not gonna like but oh well. I'll only have a problem if they introduce a new love interest for Tai. *gags*

#83 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

Ken was sexy! <3 And really funny too as the villain. I remember when he was laughing all evilly and started coughing when smoke blew at him lol. His redemption was done right when he slowly joined the other kids and wasn't rushed or out of character like some other crap redemption stories I can name.
Anyway I lost hope for any Taiora in the new anime. They're gonna build on Sorato and explain how they came to be which I'm not gonna like but oh well. I'll only have a problem if they introduce a new love interest for Tai. *gags*

Is this ur opinion or has it been confirmed? Regardless you're probably right :(

#84 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Is this ur opinion or has it been confirmed? Regardless you're probably right :(

An opinion. But it has higher chances considering the epilogue of the 2nd season. I just don't want to be disappointed again so I'll keep my expectations low.

#85 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

An opinion. But it has higher chances considering the epilogue of the 2nd season. I just don't want to be disappointed again so I'll keep my expectations low.

Yea, Its hard not to get my hopes up, I really want to, but it looks like we'll lose again.

This is a celebration of digimon, not a reboot, it also takes place during the initial series so I don't see why these creators would overturn the original ending and a fan base all for another one. 

Sucks Cause I wanted to like this series...

#86 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

Yea, Its hard not to get my hopes up, I really want to, but it looks like we'll lose again.

This is a celebration of digimon, not a reboot, it also takes place during the initial series so I don't see why these creators would overturn the original ending and a fan base all for another one. 

Sucks Cause I wanted to like this series...

They'll probably try to retcon it so Matt/Sora makes more sense. I dunno I just never liked that pairing... Why can't the girl and rival just be friends? Why do they always have to add some lame love triangle with them and the hero? I just feel like they screwed Tai over at the end but whatevs. Taiora is still the OTP no matter what happens. XD

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 20 January 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#87 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

They'll probably try to retcon it so Matt/Sora makes more sense. I dunno I just never liked that pairing... Why can't the girl and rival just be friends? Why do they always have to add some lame love triangle with them and the hero? I just feel like they screwed Tai over at the end but whatevs. Taiora is still the OTP no matter what happens. XD

Yep exactly. They'll just add bullish*t to make matt and sora seem like it was supposed to happen.

They always screw Tai in that show, like seriously, especially when 02 started. 

#88 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Yep exactly. They'll just add bullish*t to make matt and sora seem like it was supposed to happen.
They always screw Tai in that show, like seriously, especially when 02 started. 

I didn't like how Tai and Matt encouraged Davis and TK to keep fighting because they thought it reminded them of their relationship. Pretty kittened up you know? Plus TK is too much of a nice boy to be like his brother Matt. XD (the only time he was like Matt was when he punched Ken lol)
I would ship Matt with Mimi if I didn't already like her with Joe. :P Not every character has to be paired up anyway. In my head Matt and Izzy are the loners of the group lol. Nothing wrong with that.

#89 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

I didn't like how Tai and Matt encouraged Davis and TK to keep fighting because they thought it reminded them of their relationship. Pretty kittened up you know? Plus TK is too much of a nice boy to be like his brother Matt. XD (the only time he was like Matt was when he punched Ken lol)
I would ship Matt with Mimi if I didn't already like her with Joe. :P Not every character has to be paired up anyway. In my head Matt and Izzy are the loners of the group lol. Nothing wrong with that.

Yea totally out of character for TK.

I too also thought Matt would be a loner, it just felt right. Like he would be cool with that. Him and Izzy like you said. The nicer person somewhere deep inside me wanted him to end up with Mimi, but there just isn't anything there, besides (like you said again, we're really on the same page here) Mimi and Joe work too well. 

#90 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

Yea totally out of character for TK.
I too also thought Matt would be a loner, it just felt right. Like he would be cool with that. Him and Izzy like you said. The nicer person somewhere deep inside me wanted him to end up with Mimi, but there just isn't anything there, besides (like you said again, we're really on the same page here) Mimi and Joe work too well. 

I never even noticed Joe/Mimi until I re-watched the entire first season. There are many subtle hints like them always sticking by eachother and some obvious ones like Gomamon teasing Joe about liking Mimi. Also Palmon telling Mimi "I think he likes you." XD In one episode Mimi's all like "What a man!" <3 They are a cute couple indeed.

#91 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

I never even noticed Joe/Mimi until I re-watched the entire first season. There are many subtle hints like them always sticking by eachother and some obvious ones like Gomamon teasing Joe about liking Mimi. Also Palmon telling Mimi "I think he likes you." XD In one episode Mimi's all like "What a man!" <3 They are a cute couple indeed.

Something for you Aizen-Hime:

https://40.media.tum...ng00o1_1280.png

In other topic. Do you think is good the new Rumble Arena?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#92 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

I'm not sure. I want it to be good. But it looks like the same old same old. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but its no smash. 

#93 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'm not sure. I want it to be good. But it looks like the same old same old. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but its no smash. 

I wish would like the Digimon Rumble Arena.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#94 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

New things...

tai and agumon

matt and gabumon

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#95 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

Well we finally get a look at the new versions of the digidestined

http://www.denofgeek...-digimon-series

They do indeed look different, the style is more like the movies, not the anime. I'm alright with how they look, but again the animation for it is different. I'm not too excited on Tai though, maybe it's just the angle, but he looks off to me. Also Kairi and Sora have the same face XD but I do like how Mimi and Joe look. So, what do you all think?

A look before and after
tumblr_nglab9ZP821u2ooe4o1_500.jpg

The drawing style has a big difference to the old ones. I like it.

And also, Taichi looks like Tsuna from KHR.

Edit: I just noticed that their names, especially Yamato, Mimi, Takeru, and Hikari are in Chinese.

New things...

tai and agumon

matt and gabumon

Did Agumon just took a diet?  :wot:

Edited by sakutonaru, 28 February 2015 - 05:02 AM.

#96 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

If anyone is critical about the new artwork style its done by the same guy who does cencoroll. From the little things i read about him is that he made his own manga and he single handly storyboard and animated his animation adaptation of the cencoroll manga. 

Heres his artwork style: Cencoroll-2.jpg

#97 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

I don't mind it. Seems very modern anime style. I prefer old school, but its not something to whine about as many have been doing. Also 01 style just wouldn't fit anymore

Edited by bthug, 04 March 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#98 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

It's not that new style is bad, but style is style and I guess the lack of digimon makes it seems like we're going to watch human drama more so than what made season 1. It's not animation upgrade, it's an artwork change. I don't hate it, just got to start adapting to it.

#99 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

I'm not judging anything till I see how the animation turns out to be during the show

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#100 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

For nostalgic sake, redo the opening song. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users