• Please log in to reply
2627 replies to this topic

#61 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

Meh, if the pairings keep being the same, then this new series will be nothing but wasted potential. I was never too hot about the animation style from the old series, so this one is an welcome change. I hope they ditch the S2 characters and focus on these ones. I have nothing against them, but I never really felt the need for an new generation.

I agree as well, if the parings are going to stay the same then there shouldn't be any focus on them at all in here. Adding feels with TaiSora moments is going to hurt, so pairings should just be let out of this one. It would be interesting if the pairings did change, and if they did that would give me hope for Naruto in the future. I know it would be a long shot since Naruto is trying to go on with his sons story, but still, I can dream. As for the animation I'm alright with it but their eyes is what's bothering me, but again I think it might just be the way they drew Tai. I need to see him in action in order to see if I indeed like how they look. As for S2 characters I to didn't care for them. I only watched some of it for the rare moments when the original cast would come out in episodes. I was like why arent we following them, I mean it's not like there were in their 30's for crying out loud. So a needed for "new generation" so early on was kinda dumb.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#62 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

I agree as well, if the parings are going to stay the same then there shouldn't be any focus on them at all in here. Adding feels with TaiSora moments is going to hurt, so pairings should just be let out of this one. It would be interesting if the pairings did change, and if they did that would give me hope for Naruto in the future. I know it would be a long shot since Naruto is trying to go on with his sons story, but still, I can dream. As for the animation I'm alright with it but their eyes is what's bothering me, but again I think it might just be the way they drew Tai. I need to see him in action in order to see if I indeed like how they look. As for S2 characters I to didn't care for them. I only watched some of it for the rare moments when the original cast would come out in episodes. I was like why arent we following them, I mean it's not like there were in their 30's for crying out loud. So a needed for "new generation" so early on was kinda dumb.

There is aways hope they might try something different, but then again, I wouldn't hold my breath. The only pairings I care about are Taisora and Takari. Anything else is fair game ( I aways thought Matt and Mimi would make an hot power couple). I'm crossing my fingers this series will be an reboot retelling the events of S2 with an entirely different storyline, were the original cast stay as the main characters.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#63 TheBestUsernameEver

TheBestUsernameEver

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

TK doesn't have his cap. Hmm. It bothers me for some reason. I love him with that stupid little cap thingy.

#64 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

what about the other three? Davids the one who has goggle's Tai.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#65 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

what about the other three? Davids the one who has goggle's Tai.

I honestly think they won't be focusing on any of the other digidestined, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Konohakitten, 15 December 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#66 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

I honestly think they won't be focusing on any of the other digidestined, but I could be wrong.

you right and besides i think it will be focus in Tai mostly, but who knows?

#67 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Yuck ><

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#68 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:36 AM

There is aways hope they might try something different, but then again, I wouldn't hold my breath. The only pairings I care about are Taisora and Takari. Anything else is fair game ( I aways thought Matt and Mimi would make an hot power couple). I'm crossing my fingers this series will be an reboot retelling the events of S2 with an entirely different storyline, were the original cast stay as the main characters.

Matt and Mimi look hot together but I'm more of a Joe x Mimi shipper. XD They were quite obvious in the first season and I gave a soft spot for dork x princess couples.
If Davis is in the new anime I wonder if they'll continue the Davis/Kari/TK triangle? They were the Twilight of back then lol.
But yeah they should focus only on the friendship and keep the romance to a very strict minimum.

#69 Geninja

Geninja

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:00 AM

Matt and Mimi look hot together but I'm more of a Joe x Mimi shipper. XD They were quite obvious in the first season and I gave a soft spot for dork x princess couples.
If Davis is in the new anime I wonder if they'll continue the Davis/Kari/TK triangle? They were the Twilight of back then lol.
But yeah they should focus only on the friendship and keep the romance to a very strict minimum.

They should stick with Takari and Taiora potentially. Definitely Takari because that was in both th eoriginal and the dub.

There has been absolutely nothing suggesting that the 02 characters will be in this show.

Edited by Geninja, 16 December 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#70 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

They should stick with Takari and Taiora potentially. Definitely Takari because that was in both th eoriginal and the dub.

There has been absolutely nothing suggesting that the 02 characters will be in this show.

I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't like TK/Kari. XD They are a perfect couple. Even their Digimon (Angemon and Angewoman) go together lol.
If their end pairings don't change they should at least keep the natural chemistry between Tai and Sora. They went to elementary school together and were sort of like the bickering married couple. XD

#71 Geninja

Geninja

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't like TK/Kari. XD They are a perfect couple. Even their Digimon (Angemon and Angewoman) go together lol.
If their end pairings don't change they should at least keep the natural chemistry between Tai and Sora. They went to elementary school together and were sort of like the bickering married couple. XD

Yeah and I don't expect that bond to go anywhere with any of the kids. Especially TK/Kari now that they're older. We never even got an answer ever as to whether they got together even though it was suggested they did. Both their kids have T.K's hairstye. I mean when you have a shounen say stuff like "love...connects the worlds" that's pretty big bc that's how he got to her in the dark ocean and yes that's the one thing from 02 they should keep. The D.O. arc. But yeah I know all fans watching this or most of them want them to redo the epilogue or make a new one and have Takari end up together and also Taiora.

#72 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

I don't mean to break your heart again but, taiora was never intended from the beginning.  :sad:
Heres the post i made.

Geninja since i can't quote for some reason i desided to reply this post this way.   :sweat:

About the whole coin filp thing is there an actual source for it? And about the whole tai sora thing im sorry if im going burst your bubbles. But the diractor who wrote the first and season seasoned planned yamato and sora to end up together from start to finish not only that but he disliked the idea of taichi and sora because he thought that idea to "cliche". Which is somthing i do not agree because i find the cool guy who happens to be a rockstar to be kinda cliche too. you know what i mean the whole pretty boy getting the girl or the girl only liking the cool guy till the end. To me this types of pairings have played around before like in k dramas and from what i heard shojo mangas to and sasusaku is a example of this and slam dunk. Another thing i found is the whole yamato and sora wasen't planned properly The diractor failed to tell his production crew that this is the planned pairing from start. Thats why when the animation director mamoru hosoda put hints towards taichi and sora in the war game movie. No wonder why the whole pairing thing is just mess. Even if tv tropes admitted that yamato and sora is a flawed pairing due to poor planning,lack of interactions and occness. There also kinda neutral about the whole situtation.    :ermm:

The source i found for this is on tv tropes the red stranged thread page they even have links to prove it.

Im actually quite bitter about watching this new series because of what i just said. Its possible that that same director writer might come back to improve the sora and yamato so he could make it clear that this pairing is meant to happen. Unless its au maybe somone might give taichi and sora as a chance of a pairing who knows.   :shrug:

Im actually more influced for taichi and sora pairing rather than shipping these days due to agression towards the sorato fandom and the poor excution for it. Im also planning to write possible original idea for a series and for the fun of it.

If Tai/Sora was never intended from the beginning then why did they add so many hints and chemistry between the characters? I swear the director of Digimon's ending is just another Kikitten. >.>
So because the director didn't like "cliche" pairings like Taiora we had to get random slightly messed up (after all Matt was Tai's best friend) pairings? It lacks logic.
I hate when end couples are based on producers' whims and not on the actual characters' development.

#73 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

If Tai/Sora was never intended from the beginning then why did they add so many hints and chemistry between the characters? I swear the director of Digimon's ending is just another Kikitten. >.>
So because the director didn't like "cliche" pairings like Taiora we had to get random slightly messed up (after all Matt was Tai's best friend) pairings? It lacks logic.
I hate when end couples are based on producers' whims and not on the actual characters' development.

From what I heard the creator of Digimon aways wanted to have Matt and Sora together. It was all from personal bias from the writer. I heard MattXsora is very umpopular in Japan. Even the japanese voice actors were confused with the ending of the series. The creators of the movie must also have asumed Tai and Sora would be an thing considering what they did with their storyline. I hope they try something new, but you know how stuck up these japanese writers can be.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#74 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

have you guys seen this  :excited:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#75 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

have you guys seen this  :excited:

Lol wow this was amazing XD

#76 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

I loved the 2nd season but I admit that the story wasn't the most powerful. The Digimon Emperor/Ken and Wormon were really the only memorable and impressive additions that I think deserve another appearance if the studio had to choose.
I do hope this new anime focuses exclusively on the original 8 Digidestined though. Season 1 group was the best but they were all spread out in 02 with Kari and TK hanging out with the new kids. It will really be something seeing only the original 8 hanging out with TK and Kari older. I'M EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! <3 >.<

#77 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

I have to move on from Naruto (not from NS) So let's talk about Digimon. Do you think are we going to see the future wife of Tai and ship it?

#78 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

I loved the 2nd season but I admit that the story wasn't the most powerful. The Digimon Emperor/Ken and Wormon were really the only memorable and impressive additions that I think deserve another appearance if the studio had to choose.
I do hope this new anime focuses exclusively on the original 8 Digidestined though. Season 1 group was the best but they were all spread out in 02 with Kari and TK hanging out with the new kids. It will really be something seeing only the original 8 hanging out with TK and Kari older. I'M EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! <3 >.<

S2 had potential, It's biggest fault was the ending ( :sick:) and the three underdeveloped new characters ( If they had a chance for development like Ken had...), Ken was okay though 

Edited by Nar123, 15 January 2015 - 12:45 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#79 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

I am insanely passionate about Taiora it was my original pairing before I even knew what pairings were. And unfortunately it was also my first heart break. 

I would really love for them to remedy the atrocious epilogue that is Adventure 02, however this takes place after. Also in that poster Sora is next to Matt. :(

Anyway, this is something I posted in another forum, but it applies here, the folks over at this other site haven't been so helpful. 

I love Digimon Adventure 1, one of my all time favs. I did not like Adventure 02, because it tossed aside my favorite characters, (especially Tai) and introduced a bunch of people I did not find enjoyable. 

Also full disclosure I love Taiora and when they pulled that ass pull epilogue in 02 I was done with everything 02. My heart broke frown.gif

Anyway, enough of that…I'm here to find out about digimon tri?

Furthermore, I have kept my hopes for Taiora alive and if there is ever a chance its this one lol. I highly highly doubt that they 1) care enough and 2) are willing to change the ending epilogue of 02…although it WAS never ACTUALLY stated who ends up with whom. 

So do you guys think there is a chance for Taiora redemption? Sorry in advance if you're a Matt fan. 

Again i doubt it because it seems like a lot to do for a single fan base, all to upset another fan base…yet again. If anything they will just reinforce Matt and Sora and actually give it some in anime growth. (Sucks that this is most likely to happen) 

The ppl working on it seem to come from other projects and so they probably read up on the ending of 02 and will just build upon it. Also the poster has Sora near Matt frown.gif

Sorry for such a long a post and I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Edited by bthug, 15 January 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#80 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:24 AM

Guys I literally was looking for a place to talking Digimon tri and I figured since NS was so similar to Taiora that I'd voice my opinion on this site and sure enough I found this thread. 

I am insanely passionate about Taiora it was my original pairing before I even knew what pairings were. And unfortunately it was also my first heart break. 

I would really love for them to remedy the atrocious epilogue that is Adventure 02, however this takes place after. This is something I posted in another forum, but it applies here, the folks over at this other site haven't been so helpful. 

I love Digimon Adventure 1, one of my all time favs. I did not like Adventure 02, because it tossed aside my favorite characters, (especially Tai) and introduced a bunch of people I did not find enjoyable. 

Also full disclosure I love Taiora and when they pulled that ass pull epilogue in 02 I was done with everything 02. My heart broke frown.gif

Anyway, enough of thatI'm here to find out about digimon tri?

Furthermore, I have kept my hopes for Taiora alive and if there is ever a chance its this one lol. I highly highly doubt that they 1) care enough and 2) are willing to change the ending epilogue of 02although it WAS never ACTUALLY stated who ends up with whom. 

So do you guys think there is a chance for Taiora redemption? Sorry in advance if you're a Matt fan. 

Again i doubt it because it seems like a lot to do for a single fan base, all to upset another fan baseyet again. If anything they will just reinforce Matt and Sora and actually give it some in anime growth. (Sucks that this is most likely to happen) 

The ppl working on it seem to come from other projects and so they probably read up on the ending of 02 and will just build upon it. Also the poster has Sora near Matt frown.gif

Sorry for such a long a post and I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys.

I heard they kinda developed in the JP version but I don't know..it's possible they could recton Adventure 2 and put Taiora but I am not big on shipping with Digimon lol

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users