1386 replies to this topic

#1341 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

Transformers The Last Knight or as I want to call and hope Transformers The Last Movie Of This Franchise.

Saw it last night, honestly it's the same as all the rest of the Transformers movies, and that's really why I went. I knew what I was getting into. Good effects, explosions every 10 seconds, good looking cars, one hot chick, some MacGuffin device that everyone chases, good guys win, a setup for a sequel, etc.

Thing is this franchise needs to end. Apparently they want to make just one more, let's see if that even gets the green light, because so far this one it's an epic fail at the box office.

I mean after 5...6 or whatever number of movies of the same thing over and over, people had enough. I mean it's not something like Star Wars that can be milked for eternity.

It's time to end it. Final rating, I guess it depends on what you like. If you like what I mentioned above, then it's ok, let's say a 5. If you're tired of it, then don't bother with it.

Oh and the cinema where I when was basically empty, when usually it's full. Granted the heat arrived and people went on holidays, but still to see a movie theater for Transformers that's basically empty, is not normal. It really looks like people had enough.

Edited by Nostradamus, 24 June 2017 - 10:14 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1342 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Transformers 5 5/10

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 24 June 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#1343 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

Going to see My Neigbor Totoro in the theater tomorrow. Nationwide showing of it dubbed. I think subbed is the next day. Still excited, even though I've seen it a ton of times! Will still be a 10!  :D

#1344 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

The Itsy Bitsy Little Spider-Man Has Come Home To Face An Old Batman

So Spider-Man Homecoming, just came back and it's ok. :smile: If you've watched the second or third trailer I think not exactly sure, then you know how the entire movie goes. Because that trailer showed the movie from start to finish, what's not in the trailer is the stuff in between the scenes shown in that trailer.

One thing I want to mention is what I really hate about all the Marvel movies thus far. Not one of them has a memorable soundtrack.

Excluding Guardians of The Galaxy, because they used songs from the 70's and 80's. I'm talking about soundtrack for the movie, not songs that weren't made for the movie.

Listen to the soundtrack of Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, etc.  All of them are memorable, they can make you recall that exact scene in which you heard it.

With Marvel? Nothing. Just some sounds in the background that somewhat sound heroic and that's it. If I ask you after watching a Marvel movie to hum (not sure if that's the word here) of one of the songs, you can't, because you don't recall it.

If I tell you about  the Wonder Woman theme, it would instantly click in your brain what I'm talking about.

The soundtracks in the Marvel movies you can hear it, but you won't notice it.

Let's get back to the what happens in the movie. People had a fear about Tony stealing the movie away from Spider-Man, not true.

He's in 3 or 4 scenes, one of them he isn't even there. :lol: However my biggest fear came back, MJ is back, but not quite.

When I was a kid I watched the Spiderman animated series from 1994 I think, didn't like MJ. In the movies where Kirsten Dunst or whatever her name is, I grew a passionate hatred for that character.

And now they brought her back, but it's not really her. You will see.

Spider-man's sidekick was annoying, he was supposed to be the comical relief character, but he just came off as just being selfish and just wanting to show off, so he can maybe have some "fun" wink wink.

Batman is Batman, Michael Keaton is superb. The guy shows that he is indeed a great actor. Even though the villain is boring, Michael Keaton just takes whatever material he's given and makes it work perfectly.

Aunt May is hot, yeah yeah I know everyone says this. :D  Her last scene is pure gold.

However the movie as a whole is ok, you have some good moments mixed in with some not necessarily bad moments but meh moments, so overall it's not something to go and yell how amazing it is.

Final rating....let's say 6 maybe 6.5 but more like a 6.

Also have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

Edited by Nostradamus, 08 July 2017 - 02:26 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1345 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Resident Evil Vendetta 9/10

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1346 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

Lego Batman: 9/10. I loved the movie. It's funny and I enjoyed it's central plot.

Despicable Me: 7/10. Pretty standard Despicable Me fare. There isn't anything distinguishable about it. I wasn't expecting that and didn't care that didn't do anything to set itself apart from other movie in the series. I got what I expected and was satisfied.  If you like the others you should like this. If you have kids they will like. My son couldn't stop laughing. It's one downside for me is that it had too many plot threads. There was one for Lucy, one for the minions, one for Gru. They operated at bit too independent of each other, which forced the movie to jump around.

Cars 3: 7/10: Better than 2 worse than 1. The best thing I can say about it is that it remembered what Cars 1 was: a character story about Lightning McQueen. 2 forgot this (and served as a 90 minutes political ad) and paid for it. Cars 3 goes back to what 1 was going and focus on Lightning McQueen having to deal with the fact that he is getting old. I really like this story line. It's something we all have to face. It's main down side was Cruze Ramirez. I don't mean her character. I was fine with it, generally. My issue is that her part of the story, particularly at the end, is a little confusing. I have no issue with the general ideas and what they were going for, but the movie has characters acts in ways I just don't understand beyond the fact that the they do what they do because the plots demands they do it. Overall, though, the movie is pretty good. They attempted to go back to the roots of Cars 1. It was the right call and mostly successful. 

#1347 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:30 AM

Sword Art Online the movie Ordinal Scale 9/10- it was a great movie. Best of all we finally get to see the final Boss of SAO (100th floor). It was a beast so OP. The ending gave a hint that there will be a second movie in the future and I can't wait. 

One more thing STILL a better movie than Naruto" The Last."

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1348 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

What happened to Monday 7/10

Thing is this could've been a sensational movie. With the right budget, writer and director it could've been like the hunger games. The acting is good. The movie should've been divided into several. Too much happened at once, and with the lack of world building and history of the dystopic regime we didn't understand much. I also found the dialogue and special effects overly gory/clumsy at times.

What made me watch it was the synopsis, it was extremely interesting and original in my opinion. The execution just didn't live up to that, but it wasn't terrible and it was worth two hours for me.

ナルサク

#1349 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thor Ragnarok or Thor the God of Hammers. :lol:

This is the most visually Marvel movie yet, it's really beautiful. Also it's full of surprises, for example they pulled a Sherlock season 4 with Hela, for those who saw Sherlock will understand while for those who haven't well it's a surprise for when you'll watch the movie.

It's full of comedy and good comedy unlike Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which 90% of the jokes didn't land at all. The movie knows when it's serious and when it's time for a joke.

I was disappointed with Tessa's character Valkyrie since she wasn't that impressive at all. There isn't a single moment where you see how amazing a Valkyrie is, even though they say it about 3 times. Another thing that dissappointed me was the fight that was shown in the trailers between Hela and the Valkyries is the same as the trailers, basically what you saw there is all you get.

Which annoyed me since to me that is the most visually appealing scene.

But overall it's a good movie and go see it.

Final rating thumbs up. :thumb:

Oh and Stan Lee is always amazing.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1350 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Okay I watched Thor Ragnarok this weekend. 8/10

The movie I enjoyed over all but there were a few problems here and there, but I won't get into detail since it is just my opinion. Obver all I think i was a great mocie but had the potential to be so much more

Well actually I will go into detail later when I've collected my thoughts

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 November 2017 - 06:15 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1351 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Justice League   - Oh Boy. :sweat:

Just got back and once again it shows that DC really has no idea how to bring all the superheros together and make a good movie out of it. When it's a separate movie like Wonder Woman, they can do it well. But when they put everyone together it's just fail.

And it's not really that difficult to understand why, they needed or more accurately wanted to catch up to Marvel.

It felt like I was watching a B listed movie. Here comes the bad guy with no development, and here comes the all the superheros to fight him and the movie will be over.

I know someone here will get upset at what I'm about to say again. :D But why do we need Superman? No really, why?

This movie brings back Superman, just so they can have his strength, and give us explanations that Superman was human, was a symbol of hope, a beacon blah blah blah in a forced way.

Maybe that's the Superman that you wanted people to see, but that's not the Superman you showed.

The score was like I was watching a Marvel movie, meaning it was completely forgettable.

Final rating. 5 out of 10.

Oh almost forgot. Just like everything Joss Wheadon puts his hands on, it's a disaster.

The guy is good at creating something, but once that something is created get him the kitten out of there.

Edited by Nostradamus, 18 November 2017 - 03:09 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1352 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:26 AM

justice league 7/10.

liked it and thought it was enjoyable enough for a second viewing unlike wonder woman. i liked every hero and didn't think one out shined another.

critiques

wb decided to cut the movie down to 2 hours or less which pisses me off.

score is forgettable as hell

the joss whedon jokes were tacked on and felt ooc especially for batman.

poor zack, guy just cannot catch a break. Joss and WB ruined his movie. I give him nothing but respect. he didn't step down for the haters, or for pressure from the execs, he left for his family. He doesn't throw temper tantrums like the director of gods of egypt, he doesn't call haters man babies who live in their mothers basements like the actresses did from the new ghostbusters, he doesn't plan on beating the critics like uwe boll, whenever someone attacks him as a person thats when they cross the line for me.

#1353 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

Haven't watched Justice League yet! But from what I remember, wasn't the movie already 95/99% done when Zack had to leave and Joss came in? I remember reading this at the time Zack left!

Yp330yZ.gif

#1354 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Haven't watched Justice League yet! But from what I remember, wasn't the movie already 95/99% done when Zack had to leave and Joss came in? I remember reading this at the time Zack left!

It was pretty much finished by Zack, however Joss demanded re-shoots for a lot of the movie, and he got them. What was finished by Zack was eliminated by Joss and replaced.

Edited by Nostradamus, 26 November 2017 - 06:33 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1355 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Warner brothers messed this one up big time. they've got no one to blame but themselves. they butchered zack's batman v superman and justice league and released extended cuts for both suicide squad and bvs just to get more money out of us.

#1356 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:11 AM

Okay Justice League!!!! I watched it last Saturday And I'll be part of the Minority here lol. I enjoyed it a lot and put it on par With Wonder Woman on how much I enjoyed it. (My opinion no need to challenge me for anything) :no: I enjoyed the team dynamic for the most part I feel it was much less dysfunctional that the Avengers at first :P the jokes were a bit out of place at times of course but hey the light hardheartedness of the movies give me a better impression that Batman v. Superman. the actors give their own twist on the heroes they are portraying which is something that I personally enjoy over all so yeah. 9/10 for me

Criticisms. Well Steppenwolf wasn't a very interesting villain to say the least, just built up as a doom bringer with little to no personality to speak of and even hyping up for him to be a serious threat is taken out of the equation when he gets his ass handed to him as soon as Superman joins in last minute. Ont on the topic of Superman, I feel that they should not have even done "the death of Superman" concept in the first place before this movie for 2 major reasons 1. Superman's death and resurrection is supposed to have a HUGE impact the world but it was never actually touched upon, we don't really see the reactions of the world at large regarding his return or topics of controversy that should realistically happen, it seem that the world accepts it for what it is so it not an interesting concept at all if it was going to be brushed aside. 2. Superman is one thing but Clark's return to civilian life can NOT be explained, because all personal friends of his saw him buried and mourned for him. How Clark is suppose to come back to life as before is again not going to be brushed upon and can not be conceivably explained. At all. One more thing regarding Superman. His change in personality and Attitude is treated as it has always been there and the dark, brooding, and uncertain aspect of his character has been rectonned out of existence. Now I have no problem with this new personality, and in fact this was the personality I've wanted all along. I just question again why the personality that Superman had before should again have even existed if they are just going to pretend it never happened in the first place. I think that they should have just kept the Superman that they have now from the start. That's just me though. On another note, I'm a a fan of Flash in general and enjoy the display of his powers in various media so I can say that I am only disappointed that he is the rookie in a team  full of battle hardened veterans and therefore feels somewhat misplaced in the team since he doesn't know how to fight and is stuck to mostly rescue ops. Minor complaint though. Last criticism, is that though the movie is fun and fast paced in general, I feel personally that just like "The Avengers", the first half of the movie is somewhat slow paced and uninteresting. That is, they spend a little bit over the first hour or so to introduce the characters establish the basic plot and then delve in to the action in the last third of the movie. I understand they need to give explanations to the plot which is perfectly fine, it is just that usually the movies give LESS action than we were promised consequently. Over all I loved it and look forward to future DCEU movies Especially Legion of doom :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 December 2017 - 10:14 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1357 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

Star Wars The Last Jedi

No spoilers. Overall liked it, but the non-Jedi stuff for me was a pass. I could do without the stuff that wasn't about Rey, Kylo, Luke and Snoke.

The trailer is indeed misleading to a point. If you want to get into spoiler territory just say the word.

Rating. 7 out of 10.

Edited by Nostradamus, 16 December 2017 - 02:40 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1358 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

Star Wars The Last Jedi

No spoilers. Overall liked it, but the non-Jedi stuff for me was a pass. I could do without the stuff that wasn't about Rey, Kylo, Luke and Snoke.

The trailer is indeed misleading to a point. If you want to get into spoiler territory just say the word.

Rating. 7 out of 10.

No way it wasn't as good as The Force Awakens? :wot:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1359 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

No way it wasn't as good as The Force Awakens? :wot:

For me, I like Force Awakens a lot more than this one.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1360 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Star Wars The Last Jedi-9/10

This movie is not shot like the other Star Wars movies. There's zoom ins slo mo mirror effects a scene that shows a character (not gonna spoil who) is talking and speaking in the past tense while a scene is going on and then cuts to them as they finish up what they're saying. In terms of direction it's the best movie so far

Although there are downfalls: first a lot of the questions from The Force Awakens aren't answered and one question in particular (again not gonna spoil which one) has an answer but yet also doesn't which is creative and interesting but yet also a total tease and leaves you wanting to know more. But that's also kind of the point that it doesn't matter what the answer is but you still want to know. And second maybe it's just me but it confused me how time is measured when different planets have their own rotations and if you leave one and go to another one with a different rotation how does that work? Like if you spend a week on one planet and then go to another planet with different time and spend a week there and go back to the planet you were on where only a few days had passed there how does that work?

Again the direction is definitely the best part of the movie and the pacing time questions aside is intense and I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of it

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users