25228 replies to this topic

#25221 lupina

lupina

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:06 PM

Man, now I wish that I could've heard his response to the trainwreck that is Boruto.

He'd probably say: Commercial Script  :lmao:

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#25222 Analyzer

Analyzer

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:37 PM

I'm personally interested in him reading the entire Manga for himself, and then seeing how his views changed. Commenting on something from one source is just not the greatest way to go. He makes valid thoughts and statements, but they're not always relevant to Naruto, for several reasons, it's medium, it's culture, and that, often, these things are actually built up, but the information is largely supplied by someone who either has ignored that, or can't see it, thus their interpretation. 

Being a part of that world myself, as contributor, editor, and peer teaching myself, I will say the experience does help you see the skeleton and the work the author does in his executions of ideas. 

Edited by Analyzer, Yesterday, 05:49 PM.

#25223 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Too bad Naruto didn't have much of a leadership role throughout the manga. I think it would have been good for his character to be the leader of a group (not even his own group of genin, like just going on a mission with Naruto calling the shots). It would have really helped us see why he would make a good Hokage and help him improve for when he did become hokage.

Another unfortunate show of Naruto not being ready to be even a Chunin, much less Kage.

Naruto only showed "charisma", not "leadership". We never see him actually truly taking command of a situation, giving orders, coming up with plans or strategies, making strategic withdrawals, or anything that you would expect from a leader. All he has shown is, again, charisma and brute power. Sadly, as history in real life has shown, people do tend to flock behind those who demonstrate only such things and it usually doesn't turn out well for them in the long run.

2e5.gif

#25224 Analyzer

Analyzer

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 PM

Another unfortunate show of Naruto not being ready to be even a Chunin, much less Kage.

Naruto only showed "charisma", not "leadership". We never see him actually truly taking command of a situation, giving orders, coming up with plans or strategies, making strategic withdrawals, or anything that you would expect from a leader. All he has shown is, again, charisma and brute power. Sadly, as history in real life has shown, people do tend to flock behind those who demonstrate only such things and it usually doesn't turn out well for them in the long run.

Ah, but there are many ways to lead, and leaders are often charismatic. 

Naruto's character more or less functions well in planning in the moment. He's a kinesthetic genius, he learns through the physical. He does make strategies, Kurama praises him in an instance in the final fight when he avoids a finishing blow by Sasuke, but he plans in the moment, as he acts, not always knowing why it works, but that it does (His male perverted jutsu against Kaguya is an example of this). We've seen Naruto as Hokage working with his brain trust (Shikimaru), also showing this leadership.

So yeah, I mean I get what you are saying, but charismatic heroes are inspiring and work well, Joan of Arc a historic example. Whether it turns out well or not is up to the person and their choices in question. 

#25225 lupina

lupina

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Naruto only showed "charisma", not "leadership". We never see him actually truly taking command of a situation, giving orders, coming up with plans or strategies, making strategic withdrawals, or anything that you would expect from a leader. 

I was hoping to see such developement in "The Last". Naruto learning how to be a true leader, with the help (for a change, lol) of his friends, and Sakura. A more mature story. 

Not that childish, unreasonable romantic ... yeah, whatever. 

To be honest - I would have a couple of idead for a plot like this. 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#25226 Analyzer

Analyzer

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 PM

I was hoping to see such developement in "The Last". Naruto learning how to be a true leader, with the help (for a change, lol) of his friends, and Sakura. A more mature story. 

Not that childish, unreasonable romantic ... yeah, whatever. 

To be honest - I would have a couple of idead for a plot like this. 

The Last wasn't about that, which is why you did not see it. 

Oddly, I don't even know if it would fit the character, and have trouble with this idea of "true", but you could make a fanfic of the idea. You could write about his first days as Hokage, and the learning curve presented. Based on what being Hokage was about, I think it is fine to learn those qualities when taking the job, and ultimately, I think most learning would come from that. 

Or you could write with your base idea sometime in the future about him learning to, leading his own squad. But I don't know, I feel like Naruto would learn as he goes, since it more or less fits with his learning style. 

#25227 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Looking at this series now, it's nothing more than wasted potential written all over it:

-They foreshadowed Naruto doing something about the cycle of hatred (even if not solve the problem , at least tackle it and recognize it) , plotpoint got dropped and never again talked about.

-They foreshadowed that the shinobi system needed change, lots of the antagonists were fighting because they wanted to change the current state of the world, we get again no resolution and as the chap 700 just shows "history repeats itself"

-They foreshadowed doing things differently this time in the leaf village, the truth of the Uchiha massacre is still in the shadows and the problems within the clan Hyuuga never resolved,  aside from lots of others things get dropped and never solved.

-They showed how Sakura was developing in a different/better person, who didn't wanted her memories of the past hold her back and be a nuinsance to other people just because she once loved someone who became a criminal douchebag, she reverts to her fangirl state at the VERY last moment, as if nothing ever happened, her "journey" was completely meaningles I really wish Sasuke would've ended her if they always planned THIS for her.

-We were told initially that fate and destiny don't matter, what's matter is who you really are, what you work to archive and the path you take, turns out every "special" person is destinied to be so since birth and the avareges hard working ones always will get the short end of the stick, #NejiWasRight

-We were told Naruto truly cared about people and since his childhood, could see what people were truly feeling , we were told he was really in love with his teammate, turns out his "love" was just a stupid rivalry game, that he himself developed just to win a piss contest with his rival.

-We were told Naruto would bring change, but... the future refused to change.

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, Today, 01:18 AM.

#25228 gamma

gamma

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted Today, 01:36 AM

tumblr_ouuhivlv9C1vtm42eo2_540.gif

How in the world did he summon a chidori using such bs hand signs???

Edited by gamma, Today, 02:06 AM.

Zh6YJAK.jpg

#25229 Analyzer

Analyzer

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted Today, 02:09 AM

Looking at this series now, it's nothing more than wasted potential written all over it:

-They foreshadowed Naruto doing something about the cycle of hatred (even if not solve the problem , at least tackle it and recognize it) , plotpoint got dropped and never again talked about.

-They foreshadowed that the shinobi system needed change, lots of the antagonists were fighting because they wanted to change the current state of the world, we get again no resolution and as the chap 700 just shows "history repeats itself"

-They foreshadowed doing things differently this time in the leaf village, the truth of the Uchiha massacre is still in the shadows and the problems within the clan Hyuuga never resolved,  aside from lots of others things get dropped and never solved.

-They showed how Sakura was developing in a different/better person, who didn't wanted her memories of the past hold her back and be a nuinsance to other people just because she once loved someone who became a criminal douchebag, she reverts to her fangirl state at the VERY last moment, as if nothing ever happened, her "journey" was completely meaningles I really wish Sasuke would've ended her if they always planned THIS for her.

-We were told initially that fate and destiny don't matter, what's matter is who you really are, what you work to archive and the path you take, turns out every "special" person is destinied to be so since birth and the avareges hard working ones always will get the short end of the stick, #NejiWasRight

-We were told Naruto truly cared about people and since his childhood, could see what people were truly feeling , we were told he was really in love with his teammate, turns out his "love" was just a stupid rivalry game, that he himself developed just to win a piss contest with his rival.

-We were told Naruto would bring change, but... the future refused to change.

1: Yet Naruto did do something about the Cycle of Hatred. He gave an answer, with unity and cooperation. This is shown, peace is shown. It's something he has to preserve, and he works hard to do.

2: This is out of context, as Boruto is doing things his father did, but for different reasons, he wants his father's attention, and he's not used to his father being distant. Further, this is solely for Boruto, it does not apply to the larger world, where, no, the world is at peace.

3: The Hyuuga clan was changing. You see it at the end of part one, in the War Arc where Hiashi protects Neji, Neji protects his cousin out of choice. You see it even more in the Boruto Anime.

4: Sakura did not digress. She did not revert to fangirl status, as her fangirl crush had developed into love. She was blushing, because she was making a romantic initiation in 699. This does not disregard everything that ever happened.  See how context changes the situation? 

5: This was in context to the Neji arc, even with this, Naruto still observantly worked hard? Only once did he get powers just because.

6: The explanation fits. Now if you dislike it, this is fine. Full right to an opinion. 

7: This is pretty much said three times, three different ways. Still makes it three times not true. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users