IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

A friend of mine sent this to me, and thought it was worth sharing: 

Lucca Comics & Games Interview with Mikio Ikemoto, Hiroyuki Nakano (editor-in-chief of WSJ) and his editor, Mr. Taguchi

• BORUTO is more inspired by NARUTO part 1, less by part 2.

• Kishimoto gave Ikemoto carte blanche (complete freedom) regarding character designs, however, Ikemoto believes he "exaggerated a bit too much" with Sarada’s design.

• Kishimoto is still heavily involved with the series by defining every concept and initial idea, and supervising Kodachi’s / Ikemoto’s work.

• According to Ikemoto, BORUTO addresses many issues in today’s society (e.g. the right or wrong use of technology). Unlike NARUTO, which focused on loneliness and how to overcome it, BORUTO focuses on how to shake off the inheritance of one’s own family.

• Having worked on NARUTO that released weekly, Ikemoto prefers the monthly release of BORUTO.

• Ikemoto would love to work on a movie if they ever produced one "even if it would be complicated". "And in any case everything is still in progress".

• Ikemoto and his staff can not reveal how far the manga is into the story, nor could they reveal anything about Koji's identity.

• The anime has taken an autonomous road with stories that are parallel to the manga stories.

• According to Mr. Taguchi, Kodachi himself is responsible for the screenplay of the anime. "There are six or seven screenwriters, supervised by Ukyo Kodachi. They create alternative stories and submit them to the Kodachi, if strong scenes happen that could dramatically change the characterization of the characters, e.g if Boruto had to kill someone, Kodachi comes into play to monitor everything.

• In order to prevent the anime to overtake the manga, the former adds stories parallel to the manga. The anime and manga follow the same path until they intersect in the same point. [That does not mean the anime will skip manga plot points.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

"if strong scenes happen that could dramatically change the characterization of the characters, e.g if Boruto had to kill someone, Kodachi comes into play to monitor everything." Lmao sounds like a very stable story. and it doesn't make that much difference since himawari or sasuke have come close to killing characters 

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

I have to go somewhere in a few minutes. So just a few comments.

Koji is barbarian hair in my summaries who is likely a former leaf ninja, and people have theories is jiraiya.

It confirmed a few things I have been saying. I was right that the character design being entirely Ikemoto's doing, and they gotten major backlash over the sexualization of Salad. Again, Kodaichi is the one overseeing that anime not Kishimoto. The anime is doing its own thing (filler) because of the manga slow pace. It is still "canon" because they are doing most of the work, as well as the one bring in more (if not most or all) of the profit, also probably the thing keeping the brand alive, and they would throw a fit if it wasn't. Boruto is pretty much just copying the first part of Naruto.  "The shake off the inheritance," theme is more from kodaichi which we saw from those author comments for one of the volumes Lucky showed us.

I still suspect kishimoto supervising is just him giving suggestions to them off the top of his head. Though I still think it just ideas are mainly the tech just to cover the itch for not being able to do his sci-fi manga.

Edit: His editor Taguchi? I thought kishi was the editor? Did he finally leave? Or he is editor-in-name-only?

Again I suspect that the monthly release scheduled was because Kishi didn't want to edit this weekly. But no surprise that this guy doesn't want to do a weekly manga in a weekly magazine. One, he should be nearing his forties like kishi. Two, look at his work; it crap now it be somehow even worst if they had force him to do weekly. Three, I think he probably is lazy, and procrastinates. Four, being monthly it allows him to milk off being in WSJ while not having to actually compete with the other manga in the magazine.

As for Naruto being about loneliness and Boruto being about technology as well as shaking off inheritance. Again, this is trying to come up with themes for this pointless rudderless story. Boruto in the movie the frame work of the entire sequel is learning that he should have been worshiping his father all along. The core of the manga from the first image of the first chapter is copying the Naruto/Sasuke conflict and all that entails. This story is more about either "embracing you inheritance," or "accepting that you are in a  never-ending cycle that you are simply inheriting your place from your parents' generation that you can nothing about other then to endure." The technology theme is just of side effect of Kishimoto adding those skyscrapers in the ending. As for loneliness? So hinata being a casual acquaintance/stalker till the last minute is the core of Naruto now?

Also how do you claim your story is about "shaking off inheritance," when you're just copying/relying on/rehashing the previous work? Hell, this happens even in the title, its not Boruto but Boruto: Naruto Next Generation. They even kept Kishimoto on as the "Editor/Creator," for at least two years because no one working on this thinks Boruto could stand on its own.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 November 2018 - 07:58 PM.

#4 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

I still suspect kishimoto supervising is just him giving suggestions to them off the top of his head. Though I still think it just ideas are main the tech just to cover the itch for not being able to do his sci-fi manga.

or they ask him if an idea is a good one and he just says yes

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

or they ask him if an idea is a good one and he just says yes

Probably but I do think he does give them ideas every-once and awhile or answer technicalities if they ask (ie BS.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users