2011 replies to this topic

#61 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (L @ Sep 12 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Bills pwned the Seahawks and awww poor Tom Brady tore his ACL and MCL. Well there goes the Patriots hopes for Super Bowl Ring #4, now who will step up while the Patriots have the season from hell?

They won't be what they were, but isn't season from hell an exaggeration?

I mean Tampa's first two seasons (where they lost 26 straight games) were worse. And I doubt they'll be worse than watching the 2001 Panthers who own the single season record for longest losing streak (they won their first game then proceed to lose their next 15 and were rewarded with the number 2 pick (Houston got the number 1 because they were an expansion team, though that was a blessing in disguise since we got Peppers they got Carr).

#62 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 12 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you man favre don't ya? Cassel doent need to be a gunslinging QB to win, he needs to manage the game, have Maroney run the ball well, and let Moss and Welker make plays when they need to, but NY's young secondary lloked good last week, reevis did an excellant job putting himself in perfect position to defend Ginn and make a play on the ball which he did, they are gonna get tested by NE's Wrs.

Er, yeah, Favre. Sorry bout that.

But yeah, Cassel just needs to manage well...but with his first start since high school, it's not definite that he will do that. But then again, who knows...

I also agree with Nate. The Pats are still competitive, sure they won't go undefeated, but they can still definitely be a playoff team. Super Bowl team? I don't know about that.

#63 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 13 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They won't be what they were, but isn't season from hell an exaggeration?

I was being sarcastic a little, I know the Pats won't like lose their last 15 games like the 01 Panthers did but who knows.

uc.png

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Raven-Texans got postponed due to the damage the roof suffered http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3585348
I wonder what the make up date will be

#65 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Sep 13 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er, yeah, Favre. Sorry bout that.

But yeah, Cassel just needs to manage well...but with his first start since high school, it's not definite that he will do that. But then again, who knows...

I also agree with Nate. The Pats are still competitive, sure they won't go undefeated, but they can still definitely be a playoff team. Super Bowl team? I don't know about that.

Quaterback isn't everything, remember the 2000 Ravens. They won with Dilfer at QB. Unfortunately for the Pats, they don't have the kind of defense and offensive line the Ravens did.

#66 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 13 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raven-Texans got postponed due to the damage the roof suffered http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3585348
I wonder what the make up date will be

Ah man that sucks. Guess I wont be able to see the Ravens play this week. I wonder how they'll work it into their schedule for both teams. Maybe switch the bye weeks around?

Oh and I know this college but anyone going to watch the USC vs. Ohio state game tonight? It looks to be a good game as usual with these two powerhouses.

#67 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Sep 13 2008, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah man that sucks. Guess I wont be able to see the Ravens play this week. I wonder how they'll work it into their schedule for both teams. Maybe switch the bye weeks around?

Oh and I know this college but anyone going to watch the USC vs. Ohio state game tonight? It looks to be a good game as usual with these two powerhouses.

are you kidding me? every College Football fan will be watching that! The collision in the colliseum coud be the game of the year, but the buckeyes are sure gonna miss beanie wells

#68 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

I wouldn't say the USC Ohio game would be the best. I'll be waiting for the UCLA-USC game. (Of course UCLA will win)

Right now I'm watching Purdue-Oregon Game and Purdue is kicking their butts. biggrin.gif
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#69 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

theyve been hyping this up since it was announced and this whloe week i probably saw a million commercials for this, you have two storied programs that are in the top 5 going at it on primetime, sure it might be a blowout but nonetheless this is too big to miss

#70 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

I will safely take the 11 pts for USC.

The Texans was supposed to be moved to Monday Night. I guess no game on Monday night.

#71 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Sep 13 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't say the USC Ohio game would be the best. I'll be waiting for the UCLA-USC game. (Of course UCLA will win)

Right now I'm watching Purdue-Oregon Game and Purdue is kicking their butts. biggrin.gif

I don't know...

BYU is kicking the absolute crap out of UCLA. 42-0 at the half.

#72 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 13 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know...

BYU is kicking the absolute crap out of UCLA. 42-0 at the half.

I know T.T...

But I won't lose hope that they'll whoop USC's arse in December.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#73 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 13 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
theyve been hyping this up since it was announced and this whloe week i probably saw a million commercials for this, you have two storied programs that are in the top 5 going at it on primetime, sure it might be a blowout but nonetheless this is too big to miss

Yeah this game is going to be something. Number 5 and Number 1 going at it! Even if Ohio State doesn't have Beanie Wells I think they'll play a good offense and their defense is always fantastic. This game will tell us if both team are National Championship contenders.

And dude I love your sig. I lol'd so hard when I saw it XD Jessica promised a victory on behalf of the Cowboys. I wonder if they will be able to live up to it when the time comes to play it. Will be an interesting game to say the least.

Edited by TrueSalvation, 13 September 2008 - 10:54 PM.

#74 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

Ohio State is going to get destroyed. USC is a little better than Ohio...
\

#75 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

Ravens and Texans will play week 10. Here are the confusing details

Ill pick some games, cause im bored.

Carolina over Chicago

Cincinnatti over Tennessee

Green Bay over Detroit

Jacksonville over Buffalo

Kansas City over Oakland

Indianapolis over Minnesota

New York Giants over St Louis

New Orleans over Washington

Seattle over San Francisco

Tampa Bay over Atlanta

Miami over Arizona

Upset pick: Denver over San Diego

New York Jets (barely) over New England

Pittsburgh over Cleveland

Philadelphia over Dallas

Edited by Mik3, 13 September 2008 - 11:19 PM.

\

#76 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

I'm extremely surprised to find that the Vikings are beating the Colts. 15-7. On five field goals....dang. I'm also watching the Giants and Rams game, and the Giants are winning that one, no surprise, but the Rams are still in it, which is also surprising.

And the Pack is whoopin' up on Detroit. XD

Can't wait for the Phins and Cards later on...I'm excited about Jets/Pats too.

#77 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

And the Bengals look like they're back from the '90's... sweet.

Love is everything.

#78 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

a lot of close games which is good to see, the pack are trying to choke a 21 point lead to the lions, the bills just took the lead from the jags, chicago and carolina are at a standstill, and the colts have tied it up, but hey if you can't score td's then your chances of winning arent good

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 14 September 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#79 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Aha, Giants have pulled away now, with two quick touchdowns. And it's pretty damn exciting with this Indy and Vikings game, especially with that amazing play on special teams by Jennings...*_* batted it and caught it at the two yard line...dang. Indy D-Line just has to hold up now, then Manning should be able to carry it down the field for a FG, or they have a chance in OT.

EDIT: Colts going for a FG to win it....And it's good. >DDD

Edited by Zatren6, 14 September 2008 - 08:05 PM.

#80 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

and now the final scores
Raiders 23 Chiefs 8
Colts 18 Vikings 15
Giants 41 Rams 13
Panthers 20 Bears 17
Titans 24 Bengals 7
Bills 20 Jaguars 16
Redskins 29 Saints 24
Packers 48 Lions 25

Colts NEEDED this, now we'll see if they can get it going, the Jags who were thought to possibly dethrone the colts, have been overhyped at 0-2, Giants showed why theyre the champs, the Rams look like they will select first in the draft this year, Titans without vince are just fine, the raiders turn it around this week, and Carolina wins a hard fought game and may be the team to beat in the NFC south

and now the second games are begging including the Pats VS Bretts

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 14 September 2008 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users