• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#41 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

The confession was real and Sakura actually had feelings for Naruto she just didn't understand them. The only lying Sakura did was about Sasuke to free him from the promise of a lifetime. When Naruto said she was lying he has talking about what she said about sasuke.

Naruto called her a liar about her feelings in my opinion.

I'll like this as soon as my quota resets. I agree.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#42 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

The confession was real and Sakura actually had feelings for Naruto she just didn't understand them. The only lying Sakura did was about Sasuke to free him from the promise of a lifetime. When Naruto said she was lying he has talking about what she said about sasuke.
Naruto called her a liar about her feelings in my opinion.

That's what I also see on this Confession. Although I can't excuse the poor quality of writing, there are a few points which make this Confession partly true and partly false:

1-Naruto was blushing at first, so at least he also believes this part of the Confession (where Sakura says that she loved him) to be true.

2-Naruto starts to frown when Sakura says that she doesn't feel anything about Sasuke anymore.

3-If the whole confession was a lie, all that Naruto had to say was that he hated when people lied "to him". Instead, he said that he hated people who "lied to themselves". Ergo, he did not consider the whole confession to be a lie.

4-If everything were to be a lie, then there would be no need for Sakura to get angry.

5-And finally, the smile she gave after the battle between Naruto and Sasuke (when he takes a nap just beside Kiba, Lee, Sai and Shikamaru). That genuine smile which was also seen during the aftermath of the Gaara's Arc (where Sasuke tells Sakura that Naruto gave his all for her) is a smile reserved only for Naruto. No need for rocket science to deduce that her smile conveys genuine feelings.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 01 October 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#43 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the op said this was not a debate thread....

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#44 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Too bad it kinda exploded into such :(

#45 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

I did and I have no plans of debating, much less addressing any revisionist history brought up. :wink:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 01 October 2017 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#46 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

I knew this was gonna happen :lmao:

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#47 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

Reminds me of Legion Commander from Dota , she can force people to accept a duel. :argh: :lmao: :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#48 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Like Sasuke is a drug for the other characters, "debate" seems to be Analyzer's (ie. trying to force everyone else to accept her headcanon, sorry, "interpretations" as "fact")

2e5.gif

#49 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

This probably isn't an appropriate response and if the mods tell me so, I will take it down immediately.  But given that this explicitly isn't a debate thread and Umbridge is trying to turn it into one,  here's a message from Sol Badguy:

tumblr_inline_nbt6rdbVW31ravow1.png

Thanks Sol. :yes:

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#50 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Umbridge is trying to turn it into one

Who?

#51 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Who?

Nickname for Analyzer.  ThroughWithLove came up with it, I think. So I'm rolling with it.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#52 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Well as this isnt a debate thread Ill drop my opinion here and if you dont like it, bite me.

I think the confessions intent was meant to be a real confession of Sakuras feelings but was also intended to be a bit of a stumble for the pairing.

It wasd meant to be Sakura telling him genuinely how she felt and that she wanted him safe. but she was meant to be confused as to how to broach the sasuke subject with him so she stumbled slightly and wasnt able to explain herself as well.

​the story makes use of protecting peoples feelings alot, this shows up in lots of stories as I cant tell said person something it would devestate them. 

When you confess its meant to be an open expression of feelings

when you protexct someone you close them off from you slightly.

these two contradictory elements were meant to create a situation that would confuse Naruto who isnt as sharp when it comes to people as he could be and at the same time is sharper then people give him credit for.

I firmly believe thats why Sakura became angy she was meant to be upset that the person shed jsut confessed honestly to had just called her a liar hence her Only I know how I feel dont you go telling me how i feel.

She then makes her own sacrafice by attempting to kill sasuke feeling in her mind that naruto would end their friendship and thus any chance of a romance between them. A sacrafice shes willing to make in this regard.

The scenario should have been resolved later post rescue with the pair of them talking to each other in a brief tender scene of Narutos saying so you really like me? or some such and she admitting she does but she needs to close the circle with Sasuke or similar before she can move on.

this clears the air between them and lets the relationship progress in a normal manner of development as they come out of the controversy stronger then before.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

I keep forgetting to comment on this thread. Anyways the confession was genuine. It became a false confession because the nH fans claimed it to be so, and kishimoto offered no follow up to it then eventually dropped NS.

As for why it happened. Remember the editor that supported nH thought that after Hinata had her confession; she should become the heroine and love interest of Naruto. This was before kishimoto was worn down; so he opposed it. Then he probably felt to make sure people don't see it that way; he had to have Sakura give her confession to Naruto. So he did so. The problem was that unlike with Yahagi, he was getting no feedback on his writing for Sakura's confession; because why would the guy that wants Hinata to become the love interest help with Sakura's confession to Naruto? If he was getting feedback; it was only on the fans negative reaction to it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 October 2017 - 11:44 PM.

#54 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Looks at OP, nah. The war arc was so much worse. Lots of it was so much worse.  I don't even hate this scene and think Sakura gets an unfair rap for it. If the manga had ended differently people NS fans wouldn;t be so unhappy with it. I kind of see if the way catsi does. 

Sakura unquestionably tried to manipulate him, but I understand why. I also understand why it made Naruto mad. The only part I hate about it is the whole heart changing like the autumn leaves. People do change their minds and fall in and out of love, but that line makes her sound so fickle. I also think the line is supposed to sound poetic, but flops. People don't actually talk like that and so it screams of trying to hard. Kishimoto made this line worse with his comment about her looking bad if she did change.

#55 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

War ark was definitely worse. Any time when Naruto went from being about ninjas to a DBZ rip off isn't very good at all. 

#56 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

As other's have said and echoed: Sakura's confession wasn't a lie. She did have feelings for Naruto, that of more than a friend, but she didn't 100% understand them as yet.

Rather, Sakura was more focused on Naruto's well being and what she thought would be the best decision for him while ignoring her own. She was not thinking about Sasuke at all during that time, she was thinking about him. And she still went to try and kill Sasuke herself afterwards, still determined even after what Naruto said to her, in front of their friends. He basically told her that he hated her in that instant---words that I thought he'd mull over and maybe regret telling her---, but she still was willing to make the sacrifice.

Sakura's intentions was good, but she went about it in not the best way. Though, I've always wondered how she felt during that confrontation, if she had regrets afterwards and so on. 

While this situation was the most frustrating thing regarding this pairing, I then saw this as a good opportunity to strengthen their relationship to something much more meaningful (no mud, no lotus), if it was brought up and expanded on, especially after Sasuke came home. But it wasn't. It was left up in the air, never returned to. NS would not have felt completed to me if this scene wasn't revisited, even if they'd ended up being canon.

So I agree, that was pretty bad decision in the romance department to just leave this alone as is, but that sentiment is affiliated with Kishimoto & Co. I honestly shouldn't have put too much hope in him during the time, had I known this. Because why say "I love you" out of the blue, whether or not it was a lie, and not bring it up again? This moment needed to be talked about again cause it's too heavy to be ignored. This had massive potential to it, good drama that I'd be woke for, but nah, so be it.

Edited by gamma, 02 October 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#57 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

If you read manga, it's funny that there is no follow up to any serious "romantic" moment. Be it a promise of a lifetime, 4 tailed Naruto scene, reveletion about Naruto's feelings to Sakura, Hinata's confession, Sakura's confession and etc. Really showes how weak-written was this sub-plot, while characters was developed enough to talk about such things, author was just to scared about deciding anything.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 02 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#58 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Depends what you mean by "follow up". 

For each, the Promise of a Lifetime was resolved, Sasuke was brought back, 4 Tailed Naruto scene was not romantic, ultimately this vague thing by Yamato that has no weight, the revelation of Naruto's feelings to Sakura, that -was- followed up, chapter Sakura's Confession. Sakura's Confession is followed up, that we call Sakura going after Sasuke, but it's not a real confession to be taken romantically.

Lastly, Hinata's Confession? Well, the Last follows up directly. 

Basically, for each, there was either no follow up to be had, or there was but it did not lead to a romantic conclusion, or for the latter, it did, but much later.

This is not a debate topic, and your vision is only yours, jokes on you if you read manga that way.

#59 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

I suppose what makes the whole thing considered a bad literature product is "what's the point?" How do we, as readers, comprehend and learn from the hero's journey? In the end, nothing has changed right?

Considering the ending, there's really no point of having so much drama and build up. So much ideology presented, yet nothing gets concluded. When you read this whole arc once again, and then read the final arc, you'll most definitely raised your eyebrows :)

"So, what was the past 15 years all about?"

No wonder the series plummeted faster than it took to reach the big three. It gave zero respect to the loyal readers, and only listened to the loud minorities.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#60 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

I suppose what makes the whole thing considered a bad literature product is "what's the point?" How do we, as readers, comprehend and learn from the hero's journey? In the end, nothing has changed right?

Considering the ending, there's really no point of having so much drama and build up. So much ideology presented, yet nothing gets concluded. When you read this whole arc once again, and then read the final arc, you'll most definitely raised your eyebrows :)

"So, what was the past 15 years all about?"

No wonder the series plummeted faster than it took to reach the big three. It gave zero respect to the loyal readers, and only listened to the loud minorities.

I wonder where did it took a 180 turn? In fight with Neji: "Fate is not a thing, you can make your own choise, I don't care about fate, I make my own future with my own streght", on war - "Neji dies, because he chooses his "fate" ( :lmao: ) that coicedentaly was writen for him from beggining, Naruto is reincarnation and his fate was descided before he even was born, lol.

Coment about "cupid" makes Neji's character so sad...

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 02 October 2017 - 04:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users