• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Anyone else looking forward to the new Zelda title that's (hopefully) coming out this year?

I had the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess so I don't have much experience with the Wiimote in Zelda terms, the games have a good track record with game play though. Anyone know the storyline yet?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

As much as I love Zelda, honestly, once you've played 2 or 3 of them you've played them all.
I'll probably pick it up eventually though.

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm also looking forward to this. smile.gif If Nintendo do release the Ocarina of Time remake on the 3DS this year, then we'll have 2 Zelda titles to look forward to!

There's not a lot out about the story, but it's best not to spoil things. Sometimes it's a great idea to stay away from the reviews and hype, and discover everything by yourself. A lot of games coverage these days do spoil new games before we even get them in the shops, and that's a shame. I'll never forget the day I spent my hard-saved pocket money on Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES, despite knowing nothing about it. I only got it because its packaging caught my eye and I thought the screenshots looked cool. XD

I really hope that Nintendo are continuing with the bold look we saw for Skyward Sword at the last E3. It was beautiful, and it was a pity that some people complained about it because they wanted a "realistic" Zelda (probably with several shades of grey and brown tongue.gif). If Nintendo toned it down, it'd be a real shame.

#4 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Here's a small summary from Zelda Universe about Skyward Sword's story.
Skyward Sword is, indeed, the very first Zelda – before Ocarina of Time. In Skyward Sword, Link is a young boy born into a land above the clouds, called Skyloft. Of course, there’s a land beneath the clouds, but Link is told that it is ruled by “evil forces.”

Naturally, a series of events surrounding these evil forces prompt Link to break through the cloud bank – that’s the scene with Link jumping off the cliff, and it’s very poignant – and enter the land beneath the clouds.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 19 2011, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope that Nintendo are continuing with the bold look we saw for Skyward Sword at the last E3. It was beautiful, and it was a pity that some people complained about it because they wanted a "realistic" Zelda (probably with several shades of grey and brown tongue.gif). If Nintendo toned it down, it'd be a real shame.

Twilight Princess is as realistic as it's gonna get, they should just play that if they're not willing to give Skyward Sword a chance. But I doubt Nintendo will change the visuals, tons of fans were whining over Wind Waker's cell shaded look. But That's why I loved that game, Zelda's always had a bright color palette. And it's awesome. I don't see how a "realistic" HD Link would make it any better.

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I'm actually hoping they make the world a bit smaller or the places more memorable in SS, when I played Twilight Princess there was just to much space that the areas seemed to big to get into. In Ocarina of Time, I remember every location like the back of my hand, what they looked like all the details. It was the same with Wind Waker, I remember most of the islands very well but with Twilight Princess it just felt so big that I was detached.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

Skyward Sword gets 10/10 from GI's Phil Kollar

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

You know I DID make a Zelda thread right? mellow.gif and I pre-ordered the game laugh.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 November 2011 - 03:09 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 4 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I DID make a Zelda thread right? mellow.gif and I pre-ordered the game laugh.gif

Skyward Sword-created on Feb 17 2011, 05:20 PM

Legend of zelda, Tell me what you think about one of my all time Favorites LoZ- created on Oct 12 2011, 07:22 PM

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Only one week to go! I'm picking this up on launch day to enjoy on my holiday. biggrin.gif I've been staying away from spoilers, so I can enjoy discovering everything by myself.

Who else is picking up Skyward Sword?

#10 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 10 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only one week to go! I'm picking this up on launch day to enjoy on my holiday. biggrin.gif I've been staying away from spoilers, so I can enjoy discovering everything by myself.

LOL, I'm actually the same way. I knew close to nothing about Twilight Princess before I played it, and I thought that really helped me enjoy it more. I was bored and read a Nintendo Power article on this game a while back, so I know a bit about the setting and some of the support characters, but I'm avoiding gameplay videos as much as possible.

I'm actually throwing it on my Christmas list instead of getting it near launch time. I'm already regretting it though, since everyone's gonna be close to completing it by then, and at the pace I play video games Skyward Sword will be old news when I finally finish. Oh well, I don't really discuss gaming online as much anymore, and I can just ban myself from the few places I might accidentally hear something (including this thread tongue.gif). Plus, this way I'll be saving $70, since I don't have a MotionPlus remote, and I decided to get the bundle instead.

I suppose the smart thing to do would be to pre-order the game already, and just ask for money on my X-mas list. But whatever, even though I'm probably too old to be getting gifts, I like seeing more than clothes and money for me under the tree. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 11 November 2011 - 12:44 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#11 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Nov 11 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, I'm actually the same way. I knew close to nothing about Twilight Princess before I played it, and I thought that really helped me enjoy it more. I was bored and read a Nintendo Power article on this game a while back, so I know a bit about the setting and some of the support characters, but I'm avoiding gameplay videos as much as possible.

I'm actually throwing it on my Christmas list instead of getting it near launch time. I'm already regretting it though, since everyone's gonna be close to completing it by then, and at the pace I play video games Skyward Sword will be old news when I finally finish. Oh well, I don't really discuss gaming online as much anymore, and I can just ban myself from the few places I might accidentally hear something (including this thread tongue.gif). Plus, this way I'll be saving $70, since I don't have a MotionPlus remote, and I decided to get the bundle instead.

I suppose the smart thing to do would be to pre-order the game already, and just ask for money on my X-mas list. But whatever, even though I'm probably too old to be getting gifts, I like seeing more than clothes and money for me under the tree. happy.gif

The only things I really know are that it stars Link (who will not speak), he has to save Zelda (again), and there's a bad guy who spends half the morning putting on his make up (and has a freaky tongue). Oh, and there are birds.

That's it. XD;

I'll hide spoilers behind tags, though I don't think we'll be talking a lot about it here.

I'm doing the same thing with my Christmas list, it's nice to have one or two different things under the tree. happy.gif You can never be too old for gifts! Who says we have to be content with socks and grooming sets? tongue.gif

#12 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 11 2011, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've actually decided to get the limited edition pre-order, but I guess it's because I really can't be bothered buying a separate Wii Motion Plus pack thingy. The limited edition bundle is a bit more expensive [$119] but, for crying out loud, it's a Zelda game Nintendo's been developing since 2004. I'd still even pay that much for it as a stand alone game. I'll probably get too impatient if I get it as a Christmas present.

The only things I really know are that it stars Link (who will not speak), he has to save Zelda (again), and there's a bad guy who spends half the morning putting on his make up (and has a freaky tongue).

Clickity click if you wanna know the bad guy ;D --Click here to view--
His name is Ghirahim if you wanted to know... and he's a sexy beast.

Edited by ChidoriLuv, 12 November 2011 - 11:02 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 10 2011, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ME!!!! Gimme a five kage Smiter!! 111191.gif

#14 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 10 2011, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waiting for Amazon to ship my copy happy.gif can't wait to get that gold wiimote.

#15 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I heard New York gets Skyward Sword like a day early.

Edited by Dreamer, 20 November 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#16 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 19 2011, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ME!!!! Gimme a five kage Smiter!! 111191.gif

111191.gif biggrin.gif

I've been playing Skyward Sword for a couple of days now, and it's fantastic. I won't post any spoilers, I'll just say that I haven't gotten very far into the main story. That's partly because I've been pacing myself, and I've also been taking the time to explore and complete a few side-quests.

The sword combat is definitely more challenging, but it also feels more open than previous Zeldas. smile.gif The art style is stunning, and it is without doubt the best Zelda game in the lifespans of the Wii and DS. At the very least, Skyward Sword belongs up there with Ocarina and Wind Waker.

#17 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 21 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
111191.gif biggrin.gif

I've been playing Skyward Sword for a couple of days now, and it's fantastic. I won't post any spoilers, I'll just say that I haven't gotten very far into the main story. That's partly because I've been pacing myself, and I've also been taking the time to explore and complete a few side-quests.

The sword combat is definitely more challenging, but it also feels more open than previous Zeldas. smile.gif The art style is stunning, and it is without doubt the best Zelda game in the lifespans of the Wii and DS. At the very least, Skyward Sword belongs up there with Ocarina and Wind Waker.

Auwaaaaahh Smiter-sama you're so damn lucky to get the game so early arg.gif I don't get it until the 24th [NOVEMBER TWENTY-FOOOOOOUUUUR tongue.gif]

SS is an epic game so far, no? laugh.gif I played a demo at NTC 2011 and boy, the swordplay is really challenging. I mean, it's so... realistic, as opposed to Twilight Princess. And the graphics are simply beautiful. When I first heard that the graphics were gonna be a combination of WW and TP, to put it bluntly, I thought it was pretty gay at first, but I guess it's because it was still in the early development stage [I saw them last year]. Now that the game is released, it's turned out to be the opposite. TP's graphics were off the hook as well, but it was pretty dirty imo. Anyways, enough about graphics, the game is awesome so far since I've tried out the bird riding, dungeon and someone super special that I won't reveal fu.png

Just out of curiosity, what part are you up to exactly? If you don't wanna spoil it for other people, you can just send me a PM... or not. It's up to you smile.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I'VE GOT IT TODAY!!!!!!! a_dance.gif boogie.gif

#19 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

^^ You're so lucky. ;_; I have to wait another two days.

JA2DBzd.png

#20 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Nov 21 2011, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Auwaaaaahh Smiter-sama you're so damn lucky to get the game so early arg.gif I don't get it until the 24th [NOVEMBER TWENTY-FOOOOOOUUUUR tongue.gif]

SS is an epic game so far, no? laugh.gif I played a demo at NTC 2011 and boy, the swordplay is really challenging. I mean, it's so... realistic, as opposed to Twilight Princess. And the graphics are simply beautiful. When I first heard that the graphics were gonna be a combination of WW and TP, to put it bluntly, I thought it was pretty gay at first, but I guess it's because it was still in the early development stage [I saw them last year]. Now that the game is released, it's turned out to be the opposite. TP's graphics were off the hook as well, but it was pretty dirty imo. Anyways, enough about graphics, the game is awesome so far since I've tried out the bird riding, dungeon and someone super special that I won't reveal fu.png

Just out of curiosity, what part are you up to exactly? If you don't wanna spoil it for other people, you can just send me a PM... or not. It's up to you smile.gif

I won't spoil it for you or anyone else. smile.gif The most I will say is that I'm currently in the region under the 3rd gate you open in the clouds.

Trust me, Skyward Sword is something that you have to discover and experience for yourself. happy.gif

I know I may still be a bit early in the game, but I keep feeling that Skyward Sword is something very special. The game has an insane amount of polish to it, and it completely blows Twilight Princess out of the water. Twilight Princess isn't a bad game by any means, but it does have a roughness about its edges. Skyward Sword far surpasses it in every way, in terms of graphics, world design, characters, gameplay, and music.

In fact - I know I may really be sticking my neck out here - I believe that Skyward Sword may surpass Ocarina of Time itself. If it carries on the way it has so far, it may well be the best 3D Zelda so far. A Link to the Past is still my all-time favourite Zelda, but even that could lose its place. Let's see how Skyward Sword unfolds!

One thing I really do like about Skyward is that the relationship between Link and Zelda feels more personal. I absolutely loved their interactions in the beginning of the game. XD Previous Zelda games could be pretty much summed up with "here's a princess, now go and save her". In Skyward, she's someone you've known all your life, someone special, and that weaves a more personal thread into the plot.

I definitely like this game so far. biggrin.gif It feels so rewarding to play it after doing the chores/errands for the day. It's the perfect way to unwind and relax.

Don't worry, North Americans - Skyward Sword will be well worth the wait once you get your hands on it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'VE GOT IT TODAY!!!!!!! a_dance.gif boogie.gif

111191.gif Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users