#41 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

@goldenarm
I don't think sakura is great heroine, but she's a unique heroine.
She's more a shoujo heroine than shonen one.

I think that's exactly it. If Naruto was a shojo title, Sakura would be perfect.

I think you are being too radical
Sakura's character didnt need to be rewrited from scrap
She just needed to have a constant influx of development towards her...and this only really happened in early part 2
IMO put a good writer on Sakura early part 1 character and she can become a likable char quite easily
I mean not all characters need to begin useful and with estabilished dreams early on in a story

Maybe not all characters, but a MAIN character does. Otherwise, why should we care about them? If they don't have a goal or purpose, they're forgettable waste of space.

Also, as I noted, we had constant influx of development about Sakura in Part One from Chapter three and throughout the Chunin Exams -- and as a result, her popularity sank to its lowest. In those 100+ chapters, the readers should have been behind Sakura, wanting to know more, cheering her onward to make her dream come true, etc. Instead, they cared more about a PICTURE FRAME OF A DEAD MAN WHO MAY NEVER APPEAR IN-SERIES OUTSIDE OF THAT PICTURE FRAME than one of our main characters. That's a sign something is fundamentally wrong with the foundations upon which she was built. If it were me, I would start by blowing up the old structure and rebuilt from scratch because, as I see it, Sakura needs a better character. If I have intention of her being a main character, it's not only necessary, but vital, or else, she might as well be replaced by someone with better lead characteristics, ie, Hinata.

Exactly.

If kishi can't write character like sakura, then why he didn't write character like rin. Who I deem as old school heroine.

Offhand, I say he learned from his mistakes made and applied them to Rin. Of course, I'm assuming you meant to say "Why DID he write characters like Rin?"

Edited by goldenarms, 22 April 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#42 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

I think that's exactly it. If Naruto was a shojo title, Sakura would be perfect.

Maybe not all characters, but a MAIN character does. Otherwise, why should we care about them? If they don't have a goal or purpose, they're forgettable waste of space.

Also, as I noted, we had constant influx of development about Sakura in Part One from Chapter three and throughout the Chunin Exams -- and as a result, her popularity sank to its lowest. In those 100+ chapters, the readers should have been behind Sakura, wanting to know more, cheering her onward to make her dream come true, etc. Instead, they cared more about a PICTURE FRAME OF A DEAD MAN WHO MAY NEVER APPEAR IN-SERIES OUTSIDE OF THAT PICTURE FRAME than one of our main characters. That's a sign something is fundamentally wrong with the foundations upon which she was built. If it were me, I would start by blowing up the old structure and rebuilt from scratch because, as I see it, Sakura needs a better character. If I have intention of her being a main character, it's not only necessary, but vital, or else, she might as well be replaced by someone with better lead characteristics, ie, Hinata.

Offhand, I say he learned from his mistakes made and applied them to Rin. Of course, I'm assuming you meant to say "Why DID he write characters like Rin?"

And that's what make her unique. Actually, in the hand of the right writer sakura could become a great character. She has the potential after all. I think the same could be said to naruto too.

No, I really mean why he didn't write heroine like rin.
Because the team seven and relationship is based on slam dunk one side love triangle between sakuragi, haruka, and rukawa.
Rin character has so much similiarity with haruka. While sasuke has similiarity with rukawa.

I have to agree with @nar123
Sakura indeed get development in part 1, but it can't stop there. She's the character that need development the most to reach character resolution. Which doesn't happen in this manga.
You could argue that her popularity is the cause of that. But you don't use popularity to determine outcome of story. It would lead to bad writing.
Eventhought I agree that Hinata is more popular than sakura based on wsj poll, doesn't mean sakura character need to throw.

#43 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

It isn't that difficult. All he had to do was actually continue to allow her to evolve like she was in early part 2. Have her continue to grow more power, continue to learn more ninja talents, continue to be there for her team and village, oh and don't make her character revolve around the guy who's trying to destroy everything good in her life. That would help.

I don't remember her getting crap when she was going toe to toe with Sasori, or even when she was showing her nursing talents, but when she started regressing slowly but surely... yeah things went down hill. Honestly she should have been the one to try to open Naruto's eyes about Sasuke, instead of them both acting like to suicidal teenagers who were dumped by their bf.

#44 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

This Naruto Gaiden chapter is exactly what I'm talking about and exactly why this character continues to be hated. She's so pathetic that she has to paste pictures of herself over Karin. Kishi really hates this character. Should have just killed her off during the war.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 23 April 2015 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#45 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

This Naruto Gaiden chapter is exactly what I'm talking about and exactly why this character continues to be hated. She's so pathetic that she has to paste pictures of herself over Karin. Kishi really hates this character. Should have just killed her off during the war.

Here. Here.

But seriously, I honestly believe Kishi thinks this is good writing.

#46 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

You never know, he might kill off Sakura in Part 2. :hehehe:

#47 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Sakura develops a little in the chuunin exam , we see her hating her weakness just to later forget it and go back to her fangirl mode instead of showing how that experience in the forest of death changed her

Then we have her development at the end of part 1, that was quite good and showed promise. Then we had early part 2, she was quite awesome there, and I remember it as the time where she was not hated that much.

However after Sai and Sasuke arc she began to get sidelined, she didn't got any upgrade, backstory or story arc, not even a little important battle, she had a little involvement in Naruto's life (not helping him after Jiaya's death even though he is one of her best friends)  till Pein arc and that hurt her character

The next time she came into focus was after Pein arc and we all know what happened

In sum Sakura's character had potential, a lot of MC's can begin as unlikely people and then grow into someone the audience can get behind during the story, this could have happened with Sakura if a good writer was in charge of Naruto

Edited by Nar123, 23 April 2015 - 05:10 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#48 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

GUYS ENOUGH THIS IS WHAT THEY ALL WANT, for us to hate Sakura and Love Hinakittens

#49 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

GUYS ENOUGH THIS IS WHAT THEY ALL WANT, for us to hate Sakura and Love Hinakittens

Nobody is hating Sakura here though, we are just recognizing Sakura character turned up to be a wasted one in canon, this much you can agree right?

We are just discussing how Kishimoto could have wrote her better.

And also... nobody is "loving Hinata" here

#50 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

kitten HINAkittens, I WILL NEVER LOVE HER!!  My loyalty will always be to Sakura, the REAL has-been heroine of this crappy series!!

I hate Hinata now, she should've been killed by stupid kitten.

#51 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Nobody is hating Sakura here though, we are just recognizing Sakura character turned up to be a wasted one in canon, this much you can agree right?

Oh I know its just with this new chapter it seems from what I have been reading here that fans of her are now turning on her which does worry me that more and more will think Hinata was better, that Kishi is doing this to get all the fans back that he has lost with his bad writing.

kitten HINAkittens, I WILL NEVER LOVE HER!!  My loyalty will always be to Sakura, the REAL has-been heroine of this crappy series!!

Good to hear man I know that is all she will be to me.

#52 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'm sorry, but I hate the character Sakura has become. The character she had the potential to be is gone and will breathe again. Rest assured, I also hate the byakkugan princess with a passion.

Posted Image

#53 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

In sum Sakura's character had potential, a lot of MC's can begin as unlikely people and then grow into someone the audience can get behind during the story, this could have happened with Sakura if a good writer was in charge of Naruto

While a main character can be an unlikely hero, they almost always have an unique edge or advantage to them that makes them better than everyone else, even if that ability isn't immediately recognized as such; in fact, it might even be seen as a liability. If they don't, they may as well be wallpaper to prop our heroes upon. And, much as I'm certain I'll be disagreed with here, Sakura basically is little more than a prop for the Naruto-Sasuke rivalry because of her lack of personal goal/ambition.

Well, we're not fanboying/girling over Hinata.

Coming and going at the same time... at least she died happy. XD

Rest assured, I also hate the byakkugan princess with a passion.

Seriously, why all the Hinata hate?

#54 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

I hate Hinata because she is a one dimensional mary-sue pairing fodder character and was given the heroine status without any development towards it. In a way, she is partially to blame for Sakura's character never evolving. Most of her popularity is a result of drooling fanboys treating Naruto as a self-insert character.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 25 April 2015 - 03:17 AM.

Posted Image

#55 Apollo

Apollo

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

For a starter he could have done so much with her Strength wise. In the war arc he could haave pitted her against Sasori and Chiyo and shown her combat Skills. 

Simplest Solution is kill her and replace her with a male Sakura.

#56 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

For a starter he could have done so much with her Strength wise. In the war arc he could haave pitted her against Sasori and Chiyo and shown her combat Skills. 

Simplest Solution is kill her and replace her with a male Sakura.

It will make NS a yaoi pairing ^^
And who will become salad mother if sakura is a male character?
Naruto :fu:

#57 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

Seriously, why all the Hinata hate?

Some people here are very vocal about their dislike of her

Me at least, well I liked Hinata in part 1, where she showed potential as a side character, in part 2 she was flanderized into a pairing sue/ fodder, and her entire focus became resumed to " Naruto-kun", her development was close to zero and then thanks to her loud fanbase somehow she became a heroine for the last, I won't go into too much details but she ended up becoming pretty annoying like the Sakura from the end arcs

#58 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:23 AM

Sakura = SS fangirls
Naruto = NH fanboys

#59 Apollo

Apollo

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

It will make NS a yaoi pairing ^^
And who will become salad mother if sakura is a male character?
Naruto :fu:

Kaguya in her final act of defiance before being Sealed decides to inflict the ultimate punishment on Naruto and Sasuke. She turns them into woman. IN KISHIMOTO'S MANGA.  

That's a fate more worse than being sealed.

#60 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Kaguya in her final act of defiance before being Sealed decides to inflict the ultimate punishment on Naruto and Sasuke. She turns them into woman. IN KISHIMOTO'S MANGA.  

That's a fate more worse than being sealed.

Yuri :fu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users