• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#81 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

I finally posted my first story. Enjoy.

Thank you for the heads-up, but... Are you recommending your story or are you only advertising it? Because this thread is strictly for recommendations, only.

For warning about new fics or updates we have this thread.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#82 Yumi-chan

Yumi-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:&lt;3 Luke &lt;3<br />and anime of course..x)

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 30 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One Word by Jesus power

Author: Jesus Power

Waring:It's one sided NaruSaku but it just so beautifully done it made me cry at the end.

Gosh you're right,this made me cryy Y_Y sad.gif sad.gif It's so beautiful,though

If you can't get someone out of your head,maybe theu are supposed to stay there.

#83 I heart donuts

I heart donuts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:32 AM

I spent a whole TWO DAYS just gawping and staring at my computer screen, looking at those fantastic fanfics! But there's one story I'd like to add:

Title: Halcyon Days
Author: peanutbutter126
Genre: Adventure/ Romance
Rating: T
Summary: AU. Time-travel. Naruto never asked to wake up in a world where everything he knew did not exist. He wants to go home, but is home the past from which he came from, or by the side of the girl he fell in love with?

Reason of Reccomendation: It's just such a nice piece of NaruSaku-ness, that also has a few slightly heart-wrenchingly sad moments *sniffles* (but not too over the top), and still manages to keep the characters, well, in character. There are also a few funny moments that make the story complete and not all sobs and drama. When my computer crashed while I was in the middle of reading, I ended up pushing and pestering my brother to let me use their computer (I then had to agree on a contract where I wasn't allowed to touch his computer ever again, and I'd have to do his chores for the next month)

Warnings: Contains time-travel, Naruto's idiotic schemes, as well as ramen! Might need a pair of large sun glasses to keep others from seeing that you've been crying your eyes out.
"I heart donuts" says: Doughnuts can be radio-active, just look at Homer Simpson. He eats donuts even though he works in a Nuclear Power Plant.
"Homer" says: So??? I'm still alive...
"I heart donuts" says: But you're a cartoon
"Homer" says: Your point is...
"I heart donuts" says: -.-

Ahhh...The power of instant-chat...

#84 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

Shameless plug, but here is the link to a Fanfiction.net C2 for NaruSaku that a few fellow members and I have been working on. We look for quality fics and then vote by majority rule for if it gets added to the C2. It includes most of the stories listed in this thread.

I figure that I've been ignoring this thread for long enough. The last time I updated the first post was back in Feb 2009. Yikes! Luckily (and unluckily) there haven't been that many new entries.

Though, I must request once again that people who are recommending stories follow the format on the first page, or as close to it as possible to make things easier for me. Although I like everything all uniform looking, which is why I ask you to follow to the described format as close as possible (I'm a bit OCD on that), I'm not super anal about it. But if you only include the title, the link, and sometimes author name, it makes it difficult for me. We (and I) do not know the reason why the story is recommended or if it's even good at all. I also have to go BACK and fill in all the missing information. Which is why I ask for you to take a little more time when posting to fill in all the information/the form on the reference post. Thank you and Happy reading, everybody.

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 16 December 2009 - 09:39 AM.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#85 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Dec 16 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shameless plug, but here is the link to a Fanfiction.net C2 for NaruSaku that a few fellow members and I have been working on. We look for quality fics and then vote by majority rule for if it gets added to the C2. It includes most of the stories listed in this thread.

I figure that I've been ignoring this thread for long enough. The last time I updated the first post was back in Feb 2009. Yikes! Luckily (and unluckily) there haven't been that many new entries.

Though, I must request once again that people who are recommending stories follow the format on the first page, or as close to it as possible to make things easier for me. Although I like everything all uniform looking, which is why I ask you to follow to the described format as close as possible (I'm a bit OCD on that), I'm not super anal about it. But if you only include the title, the link, and sometimes author name, it makes it difficult for me. We (and I) do not know the reason why the story is recommended or if it's even good at all. I also have to go BACK and fill in all the missing information. Which is why I ask for you to take a little more time when posting to fill in all the information/the form on the reference post. Thank you and Happy reading, everybody.

just noticed but none of mine ar eon there, any way to get at least the trilogy voted in?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#86 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Fortunately the lack of updates isn't due to a lack of good or excellent fics but a lot of people is too lazy for updating the thread every time they run into a good fic. Of course, I'm the best example of it.

I'll try getting my slothful butt back at work:

Title: One Hundred Days

Author: Aaron Nowack
Genre: Adventure; Narutoverse (but it is practically an AU nowadays)
Summary: Naruto leaves on his three year training trip, and Sakura begins the struggle to improve herself. How much will they have changed when they meet again in one hundred days?

Reason of recommendation: A beautiful story, very well written.

Warnings: NONE

Title: Fool Me Once Shame On Me

Author: Artemisfireflame
Genre: Drama/Adventure; Narutoverse
Summary: 21-year-old Sakura finds difficulty in recovering from Naruto's death. But as a conspiracy unfolds, everything she believes in becomes challenged by the people she once held dear. Can a kunoichi ever find happiness and peace?

Reason of recommendation: This is... one of the best Sakura stories I have read in a long time. In a long time. The writing is excellent and the characterization is superb. Artemisfireflame also knows how incorporating recent manga happenings in her story for turning it more dramatic. Things seem bleak right now (chapter 9) for Naruto and Sakura, but I still want reading, hoping they pull it through.

My only complain is I think Naruto looks like too assholish (even though I was very fed up with and sick of fics making Sakura the bad "guy" in the relationship).

Warnings: A lot of anguish. And I mean A LOT.

Title: Code Sharingan

Author: Digifruit and several authors. Right now it is being written mostly by Catsi563.
Genre: General/Romance; AU (crossover with Code Geass)
Summary: When Itachi failed to kill his clan, The Uchiha clan succeeded in its coup and became the Uchiha empire. Now Years later Sasuke Uchiha returns to throw the empire down.

Reason of recommendation: A great crossover, written by great NS writters. I love the characterizations and I impatiently hope for the next chapter.

Title: Fly Me To The Moon

Author: DigiFruit
Genre: Romance/Drama; Narutoverse
Summary: Ino gets into a fight with her parents and runs away from home. She decides to crash at Naruto’s place for the time being, since he’s the only one with a place of his own. Sakura, however, does not approve.

Reason of recommendation: It's written by DIGIFRUIT. Do you need more reasons? I thought so.

These are all the good fics I can thinkg of right now haven't been recommended earlier. I'll try adding more recommendations later.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#87 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

just noticed but none of mine ar eon there, any way to get at least the trilogy voted in?

They haven't been included in that C2? That is a terrible oversight, but I am sure they'll correct it soon. smile.gif

Has your trilogy been recommended in this thread? Mm... It can't hurt recommending them only in case:

Title: Naruto Shippuden: In Your Arms

Author: Catsi563
Genre: Romance/Drama; Narutoverse
Summary: After Sakura is injured during an invasion by the sound. She confronts her feelings for Naruto and all the events that have lead to this moment, and comes to some surprising revelations (first part of the "In Your Arms" trilogy).

Reason of recommendation: It's one of the most touching fics I have ever read. I like how it is written, how it delves into Sakura's mind and explains her motivations and her thoughts. Catsi563 understand better Sakura's character way better than the ninety percent of the Naruto fanfic writers I have come across in FF.Net.

Title: Naruto Shippuden: In Your Eyes

Author: Catsi563
Genre: Romance/Adventure; Narutoverse
Rating: M
Summary: Naruto and Sakura take a vacation to a special place. Adventure, Romance and Hijinx ensue in a voyage of discovery (sequel to In Your Arms).

Reason of recommendation: Right like In Your Arms, it's a beautiful, touching story. And again, I love the characterizations.

Warnings: Suggestive themes, but nothing raucy.

Title: Catsi563

Author: Naruto Shippuden: In Your Heart
Genre: Romance/General; Narutoverse
Summary: As Naruto and Sakura's wedding approaches friends and family prepare for the ceremony in there own special ways. True loves are found and old loves return (the sequel to In your arms, and In your eyes).

Reason of recommendation: Same reasons that the two previous instalments. And again, the characterization is flawless.

#88 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

I'm surprised Jast's fic Whirlpool Country isn't posted here already. It's an extremely recommended fic. (I'll link this later since I'm dead tired today...)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#89 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Dec 16 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm surprised Jast's fic Whirlpool Country isn't posted here already. It's an extremely recommended fic. (I'll link this later since I'm dead tired today...)

Here's the link.

Whirlpool Country by Paradox Jast
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
Updated: 11/2/09
Latest Chapter: 22
Summary: Naruto must first accept what happened in the past before he can move on with his future. Many will come to depend on him.

#90 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

I also was going to later.

Nick, do you mind if I repost the link with the format OnionHeads requested? (I assume your answer will be: "No, I don't mind at all" happy.gif .)

Title: Whirlpool Country

Author: Paradox Jast
Genre: Adventure/Romance; Narutoverse
Summary: Naruto must first accept what happened in the past before he can move on with his future. Many will come to depend on him.

Reason of recommendation: It is a very good story, with excellent characterization. And the writing is awesome.

Warnings: Suggestive themes, language, and violence.

And since I am on it:

Title: Hindsight: Foresight

Author: Paradox Jast
Genre: Family/Drama; Narutoverse
Summary: What do you do when an experimental seal goes horribly wrong? Or maybe it's incredibly right? How do you handle a crushed dream or ignored wishes? If you thought the decision to seal Kyuubi was a hard one to make...

Reason of recommendation: Good Lord knows I am very fed up with timetravel fics, but you always find a story uses an original spin or is so excellently written you don't mind the overused scenario. This fic belongs to both groups. And it is also MinaKushi.

Warnings: NONE.

I have checked the List and Medicinal Lullaby hasn't been included. Oh, man...

Title: Medicinal Lullaby

Author: Shivakashi
Genre: Family/Supernatural; Narutoverse
Summary: Fighting to keep hope in his friend, struggling to come to terms with Jiraiya’s death, Uzumaki Naruto doesn’t need any more on his plate. Sadly, that’s what lands on his doorstep. Literally.

Reason of recommendation: DILF Naruto (Yes, DILF!). It isn't focused on romance, but in spite of it (or perhaps because it), the NS-ness is very good. Great writing.

Warnings: NONE (in spite of the rating, there is not mature scenes).

Edit: OnionHeads, Shade of the Leaf is already complete. You may change the status if you want.

Edited by Jenskott, 16 December 2009 - 08:44 PM.

#91 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Dec 16 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also was going to later.

Nick, do you mind if I repost the link with the format OnionHeads requested? (I assume your answer will be: "No, I don't mind at all" happy.gif .)

Nope, don't mind at all. I didn't think to switch around the format. I hope that having it posted at least made it slightly easier to add.

#92 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Nope, don't mind at all. I didn't think to switch around the format. I hope that having it posted at least made it slightly easier to add.

Thank you, Nick.

Nevertheless, it seems it didn't make it easier to add since it hasn't been added yet. I hope OnionHead Attacks hasn't missed them (I guess he is too busy right now for updating the List, which is entirely understandable).

By the way, I would like withdrawing a recommendation: Hell's Radiance by Angel of the Godless. After reading the last chapters... I can't possibly recommend it any longer, not matter how well written. It crossed the line for me.

Do you want more details?

Warning: Squicky --Click here to view--
Sakura cheats on Naruto with Kyuubi in the last chapter. And that is only the straw broke the camel's back, not the only reason

#93 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

Boy, it's like this thread got completely forgotten. Well, let's open it back up again with a few new recommendations.

Title: Altered Preliminaries

Author: Chengar Qordath
Genre: Romance
Summary: A twist of fate leaves Naruto facing a different opponent in the preliminary round Chunin Exams, with results that he never could have anticipated.

Reason of recommendation: The Naruto/Kiba fight is one of my favorites - mostly because of Sakura's reactions on the balcony and how she was recognizing him. This is about as good.

Warnings: None.

Title: Genin

Author: Flashfyre5
Genre: Drama
Summary: AU. Naruto's grown up, but he's still stuck at the most basic levels of the Konoha hierarchy. Now Sakura's come to ask him a favor-a favor that will change both his life and the lives of everyone he knows forever.

Reason of recommendation: I love the way Inner Sakura is used here.

Warnings: "Outer" Sakura is a bit annoying early in the story.

Title: Stay Awhile

Author: AubreyWitch
Genre: Romance/Friendship
Summary: Sakura has plans for Naruto's birthday.

Reason of recommendation: Just a really cute story.

Warnings: None.

#94 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

Thanks Nick but I believe whirlpool country by Paradox Jas has already been mentioned before a couple of times. Not that I have anything against the story I love it and it's very good one of the best N/S stories I have ever read. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#95 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

I don't know if those have been mention but I really like these two :

Fūrinkazan by Hefster

Description : Sakura and Naruto are fleeing from Konoha forces as Danzo takes control of the village. Betrayed and left alone, Naruto and Sakura try to live peacefully amongst one of their nation’s greatest enemies but their past will catch up to them eventually.

Rated : M

I love it because Sakura role in it is strong ( especially in the beginning) and really help Naruto. I also like the fact that Danzo is the hokage because I love hating that guys smile.gif

Master of the Zanbatous by pudgypudge

Description : After defeating the Akatsuki and losing his sensei, Naruto is given the responsibility of being the Toad Sage. On his way from the battlefield he acquires two familiar swords that wish for him to become their master. And is Sakura falling for the blonde?

I liked this story mostly because of the humor aspect is really good.

I have many that I like but these are on my top 10

#96 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 14 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Nick but I believe whirlpool country by Paradox Jas has already been mentioned before a couple of times. Not that I have anything against the story I love it and it's very good one of the best N/S stories I have ever read. happy.gif

Not until December at which time I posted the link and then Jenskott fixed the formatting. I was nominating three new ones last night.

And it looks like we have a couple more nominations now, too! Well, one at least.

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 14 May 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#97 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ May 14 2010, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if those have been mention but I really like these two :

Fūrinkazan by Hefster

Description : Sakura and Naruto are fleeing from Konoha forces as Danzo takes control of the village. Betrayed and left alone, Naruto and Sakura try to live peacefully amongst one of their nation’s greatest enemies but their past will catch up to them eventually.

I love it because Sakura role in it is strong ( especially in the beginning) and really help Naruto. I also like the fact that Danzo is the hokage because I love hating that guys smile.gif

Master of the Zanbatous by pudgypudge

Description : After defeating the Akatsuki and losing his sensei, Naruto is given the responsibility of being the Toad Sage. On his way from the battlefield he acquires two familiar swords that wish for him to become their master. And is Sakura falling for the blonde?

I liked this story mostly because of the humor aspect is really good.

I have many that I like but these are on my top 10

I have already read both of those stories especially Furinkazan. I love the fact that Ino wants to kill Naruto because she believes he murdered Sakura and that Sakura has painted her pink hair. The second story is funny and hot because of the lemon it's one of my favorite N/S stories of all times.

Edited by Gravenimage, 14 May 2010 - 05:30 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#98 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Title: A Soul's salvation
Author: Lady Kogawolf

Genre: Romance/Angst
Summary: Guidance comes from the last place Sakura expected, and now, she must walk a new path with surprising results.

Reason of recommendation: One of the best NS stories out there. It is very touchy, especially at the start but gets into a steady pace towards the end. It is the first multi-chapter story I have read as well and instantly fell in love with it.

Warnings: Some 'explicit' scenes.

Also, I wonder why it wasn't posted before. And I have serious issues if it can even be recommended.(Because of the rating...)

Edited by untold62, 15 May 2010 - 10:46 AM.

#99 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

i reccomended it awhile back actually before the format fix.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#100 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, it's in the M-rated recommendations instead. Which is probably where the other two are going to wind up.

*tsk, tsk*

And at me too for not noticing the rating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanfic, Recommendation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users