• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Jan 20 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Title: Return from the End
Author: Thegreathibiki
Genre: Romance/Drama
Rating: K+
Summary: He had lived far beyond his years, far longer than any other human. he had seen Eons. Loosing all but the memories of her. Her name, forgotten, her face, her voice. Only the color of her hair. Yellow sat awaiting the end of the earth. remembering Pink.
Reason of recommendation: This was recommended in the NF H&E fanclub, and for good reason. There are no words that can properly explain this amazing fic or why I would recommend it. It's fairly short, but so incredibly powerful. You have to read it to know what I mean.

So close to crying in this one. The beginning made ME feel so alone and so lost. It was well written I loved it. haha I guess I recommend it as well.

Love is everything.

#62 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Title: Sakura-chan's Genjutsu Blossoms
Author: IbikiTeishi
Genre: Romance
Rating: T
Summary: Sakura and Naruto have lunch at Ichiraku when Sakura's daydream gets a little intense. Sakura grapples with new feelings, urges and a powerful new talent that could help her fulfill those desires.

Reason of recommendation: This is an entertaining story, which focuses on Sakura's natural talent for genjutsu (which Kishimoto has neglected for a while) and the unforeseen consequences for her relationship with Naruto. Funny and hot stuff. I finally found this fic after lots of searching and I believe it deserves a place in this thread!

#63 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

Title: Furinkazan

Author: Hefster
Genre: Adventure/Romance; Narutoverse
Rating: M
Summary: Sakura and Naruto are fleeing from Konoha forces as Danzo takes control of the village. Betrayed and left alone, Naruto and Sakura try to live peacefully amongst one of their nation’s greatest enemies but their past will catch up to them eventually

Reason of recommendation: There're only two chapters writen so far, but they have been a ride. Again, the drama, the romance and the action are very well balanced, the characters are portrayed in a great way (I love Sakura), and the writing style is excellent. This fic can become epic.

Warnings: Despite the rating, there're no smut. Maybe violence.

Edit: Is short enough now? I can try and trim the text further if you want.

Edited by Derock, 13 February 2009 - 03:12 PM.
taken fic to M-Rated section. ~ Derock

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#64 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

Um... Jenskott, may I please ask a favor? Can you please provide a shorter reason for recommendation for "Looks Can Be Deceiving"? I don't mind what you have, but there's this problem with character limit/post length that kinda restricts me from adding more to the list if I include your full reasons.

You can leave your current reasons as is for your post if you want, but you can also just add a little edit line with the shortened reason?

EDIT: Ah... I just noticed that both stories you recommended are rated M. If you look at the first post, there's this notice to post the M-rated fics in the link Derock provided at the end of the first/reference post.

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 13 February 2009 - 06:04 AM.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#65 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:49 AM

Um... Jenskott, may I please ask a favor? Can you please provide a shorter reason for recommendation for "Looks Can Be Deceiving"? I don't mind what you have, but there's this problem with character limit/post length that kinda restricts me from adding more to the list if I include your full reasons.

I'm sorry. I'll edit it now.

Ah... I just noticed that both stories you recommended are rated M. If you look at the first post, there's this notice to post the M-rated fics in the link Derock provided at the end of the first/reference post.

Again, I'm sorry. I haven't got around to ask a moderator unlocking me the adult section yet sweatdrop.gif (although I'm not underage), and I was in a hurry. When I can PM one of them, I'll use that link.

Nevertheless, I thought we could post links to M-rated fics from FF.Net. I guess that rule is valid only for other threads.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#66 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 13 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nevertheless, I thought we could post links to M-rated fics from FF.Net. I guess that rule is valid only for other threads.

I believe posting M-rated fics are fine so long as the content does not spill over into MA territory - such as lemon scenes. That would appear to be consistent with the M-rated fics that are on this recommendation list and the ones on the mark III fic listing thread.

#67 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 12 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's ok.

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 12 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, I'm sorry. I haven't got around to ask a moderator unlocking me the adult section yet sweatdrop.gif (although I'm not underage), and I was in a hurry. When I can PM one of them, I'll use that link.

QUOTE (iwant2bnaruto @ Feb 13 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe posting M-rated fics are fine so long as the content does not spill over into MA territory - such as lemon scenes. That would appear to be consistent with the M-rated fics that are on this recommendation list and the ones on the mark III fic listing thread.

When the thread first started out, all ratings were accepted. However, since a lot of people started recommending some M-rated fics, which were sometimes more than M, but rated as that when posted on ff.net, it gets a little messy. Especially when there are a lot of underage members who can have access to this page and that causes some problems. Frankly, to be on the safe side it would be best if M-rated fics were posted in the 18+ section, which a mod or admin can unlock for you. Hence, the link added at the end of the first post, also edited by a mod.

Originally when I asked for people to list in a specific format, I asked for the Warnings on purpose in case 18+ material shows up. But since the mods and admins chose to use the 18+ link instead, I'm not quite sure how it works anymore. I'll have to ask.

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#68 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

I think it should be okay to give things like the title, author and description of an M-rated fic so long as you don't provide the link. Granted, I'm saying this because I'm planning on eventually write a lemon or two in my story (which is rated M), but I don't think a reccomendation should be banned from here just because of that.

#69 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Feb 13 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it should be okay to give things like the title, author and description of an M-rated fic so long as you don't provide the link. Granted, I'm saying this because I'm planning on eventually write a lemon or two in my story (which is rated M), but I don't think a reccomendation should be banned from here just because of that.

Oh, I don't ban the stories (not like I have any power anyway, but that's beside the point). I only mention to people that I can't add it to list as I've done once or twice already because of that M-rating. Since the original posts where the recommendation were made were left alone, I assume that it's okay as long as I don't put it in the reference/first post?

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#70 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 12 2009, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Title: Furinkazan

Author: Hefster
Genre: Adventure/Romance; Narutoverse
Summary: Sakura and Naruto are fleeing from Konoha forces as Danzo takes control of the village. Betrayed and left alone, Naruto and Sakura try to live peacefully amongst one of their nation’s greatest enemies but their past will catch up to them eventually

Reason of recommendation: There're only two chapters writen so far, but they have been a ride. Again, the drama, the romance and the action are very well balanced, the characters are portrayed in a great way (I love Sakura), and the writing style is excellent. This fic can become epic.

Warnings: Despite the rating, there're no smut. Maybe violence.

I already added the first one in the adult section. Now the second fic doesn't have any MA material, yet. So I will let that one slide until I see a lemon scene.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#71 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 13 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already added the first one in the adult section. Now the second fic doesn't have any MA material, yet. So I will let that one slide until I see a lemon scene.

happy.gif

the key word is yetmwahaha.gif

Seriously though... no idea but it might happen. I'd have to ask the magic 8 ball.

EDIT: Question: Doesn't locking up the M-rated section defeat the purpose of recommending a story to it, if only admin/mods have access to it?

Edited by Hefster, 13 February 2009 - 09:28 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#72 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Hefster @ Feb 13 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy.gif

the key word is yetmwahaha.gif

Seriously though... no idea but it might happen. I'd have to ask the magic 8 ball.

EDIT: Question: Doesn't locking up the M-rated section defeat the purpose of recommending a story to it, if only admin/mods have access to it?

No. Since we are a 13+ site, it's best to hide certain material from kids that are under 18 so we won't get into trouble. Members whom are over 18 can access the "special" material, (though there is inactivity...) by asking the mods/admins via PM. happy.gif

Oh yes, the keyword. I don't how you do it, but your fics brought so many DAMN cliffhangers and suspense, it is killing poor me... tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#73 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 13 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Since we are a 13+ site, it's best to hide certain material from kids that are under 18 so we won't get into trouble. Members whom are over 18 can access the "special" material, (though there is inactivity...) by asking the mods/admins via PM. happy.gif

Oh yes, the keyword. I don't how you do it, but your fics brought so many DAMN cliffhangers and suspense, it is killing poor me... tongue.gif

.... not what i meant but whatever no big deal.

I am sorry to break it to you Derock but I actually try to avoid cliffhangers... now imagine how I could torture you if I actually used them on purpose. OH THE EVIL!!! a_plotting.gif mwahaha.gif
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

#74 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

Talking about the evil (like the evil of not updating your stories, Hefster. Come on, stop torturing us happy.gif ), I bring a new recommendation. It's M-rated, but there's no smut, so I think it's safe. If a mod thinks otherwise, I'll move it to adult thread.

Title: Witchblade Sakura

Author: Kanius
Genre: Supernatural/Horror/Romance; AU from first Shippuden Arc
Summary: Dark Sakura. NaruSaku. Haruno Sakura is told of an ancient artifact by Chiyo. This mysterious item, called the Witchblade, seeks a new wielder: Sakura. It's up to her to use it in the fight against the Akatsuki and Orochimaru.

Reason of recommendation: This is EXCELLENT. Usually I stay away from crossovers, but it's brilliantly written, with gripping plot twists, and you don't need reading the Witchblade comic or knowing its characters for understanding the story. The battle scenes are awesome and the NaruSaku moments are great. Sakura is spot-on (at last someone depicts her early treatment of Naruto right like it was, without overexaggerating it), and her OOC moments are perfectly justified.

Warnings: Strong violence.

#75 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

<--- is the cliffhanger king.

As for the rating deal, it's the way things have to be on the internet. One bad apple lemon can ruin the bunch. Most of my fics are rated at least T, usually M, so in case I have to use bad language or a particularly violent scene, I'm better safe than sorry.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 16 February 2009 - 09:16 PM.

#76 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

Please it's a pain in the 'arsch' (maybe i am safe using the german word) to crunch out 10k long chapters, let alone for three stories. But be assured, Chapter 3 of Furinkazan is probably going online by this weekend and Chapter 6 of Looks Can Be Deceiving might come online at the end of the weekend. At the moment I am too tired to work on any of it after work. 10hours sitting in front of a computer (with no internet access) and staring at countless of Excel lines is quite exhausting.

I also have other crap my muses are whispering to me while I should be working or should be sleeping. Like this 3-4 chapter Time travel fic of which 2 chapters already are written. I don't even like time travel fics but this one I think is a lot different than most and I actually try to obey the rules of physics. And to sooth your curiosity, it's a NaruSaku, it has Yondaime, AND it doesn't involve changing the timeline. There nuff said.

Then I also have another fic that is too complicated to describe pretty much bugging me in my mind non-stop. A third already exists on paper because I wrote that stuff while at work. *whistles innocently*

So overall, I am trying to finish Gone and Looks, while keeping Furinkazan alive. So a little patience... laugh.gif
- Albert Einstein

#77 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

Personally I don't think I have bugged for new chapters.

Merely I've confined myself to check daily your profile and sighed in resignation when I haven't found new updates. :rolleyes:

By the way, at the last chapter of Gone you mentioned the possibility of a Dark Naruto, harem fic, or at least NaruSakuInoHina. As far as I trust your capability for turning a repulsive cliché plot into something palatable or even enjoyable, if you ever get around to write that fic, I'd like suggesting you to limit yourself to Sakura, Ino, and maybe Hinata. More girls would REALLY stretch the suspension of disbelief beyond the breaking point (and personally I'm fed up with female Haku -he's a HE, for Christ's sake-, Tayuya -she's a foe and she's dead-, women could be Naruto's mother or grandmother and filler girls).

Again, it's only a suggestion.

#78 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:17 AM

Past Love

AUTHOR: Spazzgirl

Reason: She keeps everyone in character and it very well written and good plot . I normally don't read High school fics but I had to make a exception of this one.

Warring: Their is some Sasuke x Sakura because Sakura forgets who Naruto is.

Summary: Naruto and Sakura were best friends when they were 5-years-old, until Naruto and his parents moved, the two made a promise to wait for each other. 13-years later, the now 18-year-old blond moves back to Konoha with his godfather, though years of separation; he had never forgotten his old friend or his promise. Though one thing is that Sakura had forgotten who Naruto was, and already dating an Uchiha Sasuke, it’s up to Naruto to help her remember who he is. But who will Sakura chose when she remembers the promise that she also made.

Ratted:T

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 02 June 2009 - 04:19 AM.

#79 krazzedkyubbi

krazzedkyubbi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:NaruxSaku just meant to be, my Brittney-chan, bowling, great friends, hanging out, and krazee music. My interest also include getting to know weirdos like me!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

I'm surprised no one thought of this fic yet....

http://www.fanfictio...the_Cherry_Tree

Author: Miss Soupy

Summary: [songfic] Sakura finally realizes how she has changed. slight SasuSaku, main NaruSaku

My Thoughts: This fic is well written. It has a believable plot and the author portrays the characters well, and they are not completely OC (Sakura is slightly at the end). Plus it helps that the author is one of our own. a_thumbs.gif

Edited by krazzedkyubbi, 04 June 2009 - 06:38 AM.

#80 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

One Word by Jesus power

Author: Jesus Power

Waring:It's one sided NaruSaku, but it is just so beautifully done it made me cry at the end.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 17 July 2009 - 06:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanfic, Recommendation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users