#1 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:48 AM

I was looking around the boards and noticed that there was a lot of discussion about the quality of fics and I remember seeing one of these recommendation threads around, but it is lost to me. The Great Heaven and Earth Fanfiction Listing is a place where any fic is posted about its new "hot off the press" status or "updated" status and maybe a little discussion about it from time to time. Here, I wish to provide a list of stories with enough information that a reader could (hopefully) skip the pages of fanfiction that you must dig through in order to find your "gems". Any NaruSaku story may be listed here from fanfiction.net, anywhere, so long as you try to follow the format below. Also, please do not recommend 18+ stories unless it is in the adult recommendation list. The link is provided at the end of the post. Note: You must have admin/mod permission to enter.

List/link your favorite NaruSaku stories here, with an explanation of why you believe the story is good. It would also be nice if you list the Genres, whether the story is complete/incomplete, on-going/hiatus/discontinued, one-shot/multi-chapter, rating, AU/Narutoverse, and maybe a little warning if there is any (please nothing spoilerish, otherwise please put in spoiler tags).

Oh, and as a side note: If you would like to withdraw a recommendation, please state so in a new post with the story you wish to withdraw and the reason for doing so.

I'll start off with our dear old friend, Nes Mikel's Garden of Sanctuary.

Title: Garden of Sanctuary
Author: Nes Mikel
Genre: Tragedy/Romance; AU
Rating: T
Summary: AU: Oneshot. An alternate ending to Naruto. The Heavens describe the Garden a peaceful paradise. The Hells describe the Garden a baneful prison. In here... which is it? (This is Nes' official ff.net summary btw)

Reason of recommendation: This story has practically become a staple of NaruSaku fanfiction. It contains not only great writing almost if not completely free of grammatical errors, but a enjoyable plot that leaves readers hanging at the end and wanting for more. And we got more! With two sequels! A must read if you're a NaruSaku fan and don't mind tragedies.

Warnings: A box of tissues recommended if you're prone to crying or very emotional.

Here's the format for those who are lazy to type it up yourselves, and to keep everything more uniform looking. Oh, I included all the choice options for the lazy folks, so just delete what isn't your choice. I highly recommend using this format as it makes it easier on me, who has to go back and fill in all the blanks!

Format

Shameless plug, but here is the link to a Fanfiction.net C2 for NaruSaku that a few fellow members and I have been working on. We look for quality fics and then vote by majority rule for if it gets added to the C2. It includes most of the stories listed in this thread.

Due to the confusion of a story being recommended multiple times, I've combined them all in spoiler tags. These will be sorted in alphabetical order for easier scrolling.

0-9 and Symbols

A-F

G-M

N-S

T-Z

Title: Ten Days
Author: SakuNaruLover
Genre: Romance/Humor
Summary: The rookie genin get ten days of summer vacation. Can Naruto finally convince Sakura to love him? This is an entry for the The Great Heaven & Earth FanficFanart Contest III, Summertime Edition. The keyword is: summer vacation. NaruSaku, SakuNaru

Reason of recommendation: A very cute and fluffy fic dealing with the buildup of a relationship between Naruto and Sakura. This is the fic that made me become a NaruSaku fan.

Warnings: None

Title: Trail of Freedom
Author: Terra of Genesis
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
Rating: M
Summary: AU: Naruto sets out on his greatest journey to achieve what he longs for most, freedom from the past which heavily weighs on his shoulders. But he will have to suffer a huge fall, before being reborn as the hero he was destined to become.

Reason for recommendation: A big, long, beautifully narrated epic. Usually you don't see a lot of them in Naruto fanfiction. I find interesting the changes the author brings in the Naruto world, and here Naruto is powerful, but not unbelievablingly so, and without losing his endearing traits.

Title: Triage: Finding Home
Author: Amber-Endorphin
Genre: Romance/Angst
Summary: 'Home is Where the Heart is...' Even the doormat mocked her! And he, well he knew all along that you could live in a place forever, and it still wouldnt be home. Rated for mild swearing.

Reason of recommendation: Solid one-shot about the difference between a house and a home, an idea that works very well within the Naruto universe. Go read it!

Title: Twelve days of Christmas
Author: Ms. Soupy
Genre: Romance/General
Summary: Sakura is depressed about being alone for the holidays, that is until she starts receiving gifts from her 'true love'. Will she figure out this gifters identity or will it turn out to be a horrible trick?

Reason of recommendation: A trully touching story. Sakura is receiving gifts at christmas from a mystery gifter who seems to know her better then she knows herself. well she figure it out before the 12th and final gift comes? Read and find out biggrin.gif

Title: The Twelve of Two
Author: silentknight021
Summary: An abrupt confession by Naruto sets the stage for a twelve hour timespan between Sakura and himself. As they learn more about each other, Sakura begins to understand what was always there while Naruto comes to a decision. NaruSaku, Slight OOC

Reason of recommendation: The story, if you didn't see the link earlier, is about Naruto and Sakura sometime after Sasuke's betrayal, as Naruto comforts a down Sakura, and she wants to understand more of how he can be so kind to her, as well as Naruto's wanting to let go perhaps... but it also shows Sakura in one of the best ways I've ever seen.

Title: Walk Away From Me
Author: InoFan
Summary: NaruSaku. Everything to everyone, Naruto thinks that he can never be what he really wants to one important person.

Reason of recommendation: This story shows a side of Naruto and Sakura that I like. The closeness of their friendship morphing into something more is very well portrayed.

Title: Witchblade Sakura
Author: Kanius
Genre: Supernatural/Horror/Romance; AU from first Shippuden Arc
Summary: Dark Sakura. NaruSaku. Haruno Sakura is told of an ancient artifact by Chiyo. This mysterious item, called the Witchblade, seeks a new wielder: Sakura. It's up to her to use it in the fight against the Akatsuki and Orochimaru.

Reason of recommendation: This is EXCELLENT. Usually I stay away from crossovers, but it's brilliantly written, with gripping plot twists, and you don't need reading the Witchblade comic or knowing its characters for understanding the story. The battle scenes are awesome and the NaruSaku moments are great. Sakura is spot-on (at last someone depicts her early treatment of Naruto right like it was, without overexaggerating it), and her OOC moments are perfectly justified.

Warnings: Strong violence.

Title: You're Never Alone
Author:SakuNaruLover
Summary: Sakura should be happy. Sasuke has returned to the village, Orochimaru has been killed and Akatsuki has been stopped for now. And it's her birthday as well. So why was she feeling like that...?
keyword: secret

Reason of recommendation: Their relationship in this fic is touching, and there is a scene which had me cracking up for quite a while.

Warnings: None

UPDATE - 4/9/08

Since of the amount of M-rated that has or may contain adult related material, those fics are currently moved to the M-Rated Fic Recommended Thread:
NaruSaku M-Rated Fics Must be over 18 years old to access.

~ Derock

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 02 July 2018 - 08:39 AM.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#2 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:59 AM

Title: Icha Icha Fantasy
Author: DigiFruit
Genre: Romance/Drama; Narutoverse/slight AU
Grammer and Spelling: Excellent
Summary: Oneshot. Naruto, fed up with all of Jiraiya’s research, tries to figure out what the big deal is by writing his own book. And Sakura slowly falls in love after reading it. (official ff.net summary)

Reason of recommendation: An amazing piece with brilliant plot development. One of the best one-shots ever written. It pulls the reader right into the story and doesnt let go. Your emotions become intertwined with the characters'. A must read for any NaruSaku fan!

Takes place after Hidan and Kakuzu arc, Ch 342

Warnings: Possible tears for any reader.

#3 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

Nice idea, Lee.

I have three posts worth of this at NF (although I'm not being as selective as I could be), but I'll grab some of those and add the reason to recommend.

Both of these are already on the list, but I'd love to get some more recommendations and another chance to suggest some of my own.

I'll start with this one ...

Title: Single Ninja on the Town
Author: Arkhe
Genre: Humor/Romance
Summary: “The Single Male Shinobi Guide to woo the Kunoichi of their Dreams.” Naruto read the title out aloud. “Hmm...” .:Additional summary within:.

Reason of recommendation: It's almost a harem fic as Naruto inadvertently starts attracting the attention of the other girls while attempting to woo Sakura, all the while almost completely oblivious to it. Hilarity ensues. Not to mention that the book that Naruto is reading from was written by Jiraiya.

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:41 PM

This is a pretty cool idea. So, allow me to show off two of my favorites. ^^

Title: Not Sasuke
Author: SnowLion no Miko
Genre: Angst/Romance
Summary: 'She couldn't fall in love with me...I'm not Sasuke.' In which Naruto is naive, and Sakura has the answer to his worries. NaruSaku, oneshot

A simple NaruSaku of them in a relationship sometime later on as adults, and Naruto worried Sakura couldn't love him really, yet, it is just simple an' sweet. biggrin.gif

Title: The Twelve of Two
Author: silentknight021
Summary: An abrupt confession by Naruto sets the stage for a twelve hour timespan between Sakura and himself. As they learn more about each other, Sakura begins to understand what was always there while Naruto comes to a decision. NaruSaku, Slight OOC

The story, if you didn't see the link earlier, is about Naruto and Sakura sometime after Sasuke's betrayal, as Naruto comforts a down Sakura, and she wants to understand more of how he can be so kind to her, as well as Naruto's wanting to let go perhaps... but it also shows Sakura in one of the best ways I've ever seen.

Bryon

#5 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

Title: Painful Reality
Author: DJ Lee AKA Onionhead Attacks
Genre: Romance/Drama
Rating: K
Summary: Naruto couldn't bear to tell the amnesiac Sakura about Sasuke after her three years of slumber. How will he keep his emotions in check and protect Sakura from the truth of the Uchiha that had just returned to Konoha? (Taken from her own summary)

Reason of Recommendation: It's a good read. =)

Warnings: The Author is LAZY. Took her about ONE YEAR to Update. Author needs to be BUGGED. :teehee:

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

Not funny Jo, adding me to the list like that... XD Btw, I won't be updating anytime soon... gotta love writer's block huh? wink.gif

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Wow, this a great way to find great NaruSaku fics. Thanks for posting this thread Onionhead Attacks.

Lately, I've been stumbling on really(forgive my vulgar language)CRAPPY fics with this pairing. So I've been waiting for someone to post a thread like this. Maybe by reading your recommendations it will rekindle my love for this pairing once again, because truthfully it's dwindling down to nothing. :shamefulcry0js: .

Sorry no contributions at this time.
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#8 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Okay, first of all, I don't tolerate OOC-ness, stories twist characters and personalities for servicing the plot, character-bashing, bad grammar and excessive angst. I also keep myself away stories where Sakura sleeps with Naruto why she can't get Sasuke, Naruto is a Sasuke 2.0 because the writer wants him getting revenge on the other characters, or Sasuke is an evil, wife-beating, rapist bastard hates Naruto.

I'm mentioning this (which should go on other thread) for warning I won't recommend that kind of stories.

Title: Closing the Chapter
Author: Eagle8819
Genre: Drama/Angst
Summary: Three colors clashed together, creating a swirl of colors, and thousands upon thousands of memories, happy, sad, bittersweet...everything, were reincarnated in mere seconds. The reunion of Team Seven. Spoilers. Team seven friendship, Narusaku.
Reason of recommendation: The writing is astoundingly brilliant. She makes a magnificent work depicting the action and the emotions of every characters.
Warnings: Violence in the first chapter.

Title: Seduce My Wife!
Author: Doc Destructo
Genre: Humor/Romance
Summary: I think the title speaks for itself, don't you?
Reason of recommendation: One of the funniest NaruSaku fics I have ever read. And the characters actually are in-character, for once.
Warnings: It's and hilarious and LONG, so don't read it on a library. There's a fraction of SasuSaku, but it doesn't really bother. And I have linked it to the Fanfiction.net version because the Library's version is broken (there's a chunk of the first scene missing, and the two sentences in-between are glued together).

Title: The Kekkei Genkai Curse
Author: Shiroihato
Genre: Drama/Romance
Summary: “Sakura!” Tsunade’s eyes grew hard, though on the inside she was trembling like a newborn kitten, “the fact that you’re…” “Dying?” offered the younger kunoichi, a sad, wry smile on her face.”
Reason of recommendation: How you can guess, it has much angst. As well like a good plot and good characterization.
Warnings: I don't know why chapter 17 has disappeared. And it has been six months since Shiroihato has updated...

Title: Moving On
Author: Michiru's Mirror
Genre: Drama/Angst
Summary: Naruto is thirty-five, an excellent ANBU captain, and is on the way to become the next Hokage. But what if does he find out what the job doesn't entail what he believed? What if he isn't sure he wants being Hokage? Sometimes what we want isn't what we think.
Reason of recommendation: I have seen few Naruto fics set on the future, and even fewer where Naruto questions his dream of becoming Hokage. In fact, the entire Rookie Twelve what their lives have become.
Warnings: Sometimes Michiru's Mirror is too realistic, even if it doesn't fit with what we know (I know noble families weren't usually nice, but I don't think that's the case with the Uchiha clan). And sometimes she includes things I'm quite sure doesn't exist in Naruto's world (in the first chapter, Naruto and Sakura eat Italian food. ITALIAN food. And, IIRC, there are cabs, despite Kishimoto has stated there's NO advanced transport in Naruto's world). And the current saga has certainly proved there were romantic feelings between Jiraiya and Tsunade. But despite those troubles, the history is good and the characters well portrayed.

Title: Rain or Shine
Author: Ciardha
Summary: What happens when Naruto and Sakura successfully rescue Sasuke. What coming to terms with ones past and dreams means.
Reason of recommendation: It's a good look on a possible future for Naruto and Sakura and the village of Konoha. It's well written, and it's bereft of character-bashing (Thank God!)
Warnings: No one I can think of.

Title: The 9 Pillars
Author: Kronosblade
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Summary: The pillars once stood tall and proud protecting the world, but 100 years after they have fallen what will become of the world and the poor people forced to live in it?
Reason of recommendation: The plot is original and epic. And I like how it's written.
Warnings: It's an AU; the story uses Naruto characters in a heroic fantasy setting. So if you don't like stories like Lord of Rings or Chronicles of Narnia, or you think Naruto doesn't fit it them, you may not like this story.

Title: Ryuusei no Kyuubi
Author: Shouri no Hana
Summary: AU: Uzumaki Naruto was just someone who would rather be alone. With a freak reconnection with space runaway and demon, Kyuubi, Shooting Star Rockman is born! With the EM Life Forms after him, will Naruto and his partner, Sakura, be able to protect Konoha?
Reason of recommendation: I don't remember the last Naruto crossover I ever liked.
Warnings: Strong language. Also, if you don't like Megaman/Rockman, you can not enjoy it.

She has another story named "Broken Soul: Saving the Promise" which is also worth of reading.

These fics are all what I can think of, right now. If or when I remember more fanfics, I'll post more links. I hope you like them.

Edited by Derock, 15 April 2008 - 07:51 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#9 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Can we just nominate all of DigiFruit's fanfics? Because they're all excellent.

There are some relatively new stories that aren't getting enough attention that I'm going to rec. Some are old oneshots that people may have missed.

Gifts by xSilverIvyx
Summary: Childhood story about Sakura during her early time at the academy, before and after Ino befriended her. Also about the effect Naruto might have had in her life, and her effect in his life. Somewhat onesided NaruSaku, and somewhat sad.

My Opinion: Next to Clean Through (which has been recced up thread), this is one of the most angstiest NaruSaku stories that I've read. Yet Clean Through is a mature rated fanfic, and this one is K (K+?). It proves that you don't need sex and/or violence to really make your story powerful.

Angel's Armada by Butterontoast
Summary: Sakura lead a normal life until she met Naruto, an angel that is part of an elite group of warriors from heaven called the Angel's Armada. Angels are at war with demons but what does Sakura and a select other few humans have to do with it?

My Opinion: If nothing else, this story has a lot of heart. It also manages to do so without becoming cloying and cheesy, which is something that Kishimoto is good at, but fanfic writers are not.

Iconoclast by taciturn tenderness.
Summary: [NaruSaku][oneshot]Everyone, regardless of their reputation for being tacky and utterly…eew, deserved to have somebody to comfort them, right? [Because conformity is overrated, Naruto's completely alone and Sakura, contrary to popular belief, has a heart]

My Opinion: I think taciturn tenderness (TT from now on) had Naruto and Sakura's characters spot on. However, tt got a little too happy with the thesaurus, and the prose is overly verbose. It's a pretty solid attempt which is all I can ask for in a one-shot.

No Idea by Folle
Summary: Don't we all love Naruto and want him to have what he wants, even if he has no idea what familial bliss entails? [NaruSaku family goodness]

My Opinion: I think the summary does the story a disservice, because I remember reading it for the first time and expected a typical story where everything goes right for Naruto from the beginning, and there is no conflict to be had. However, I gave it a try and I was glad I did. This is the ending that Kishimoto won't write, but he should, imo. wink.gif

Triage: Finding Home by Amber-Endorphin
Summary: 'Home is Where the Heart is...' Even the doormat mocked her! And he, well he knew all along that you could live in a place forever, and it still wouldnt be home. Rated for mild swearing.

My Opinion: Solid one-shot about the difference between a house and a home, an idea that works very well within the Naruto universe. Go read it!

Outlines or Sometimes by Pridefall
Summary: Sometimes it hurts

My Opinion: The shortest thing I'll ever rec, but it's worth your five minutes or so.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#10 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

2 so far I recommend

20 Truths by Ypaladinofchaos

An absolutley Hilarious look at Narusaku told in the 20 truths format.

Single Ninja on the town by Arkhe

If you arent laughing your @ss off after reading this one check your sence of humor at the doctors

12 days of Christmas by the incomporable Ms. Soupy

A trully touching story. Sakura is receiving gifts at christmas from a mystery gifter who seems to know her better then she knows herself. well she figure it out before the 12th and final gift comes? Read and find out biggrin.gif

I also reccomend Terra of genesis's Incredible Hands of Destiny. 36 chapters of action, drama, romance, and more. wow.png

Edited because i needed to add one more to the above

Soltice Equinox By the Amazing Dasdeke

a 4 part story following Naruto and Sakura over the course of a single year of their life. A trully amazing piece of work

Edited by Derock, 15 April 2008 - 07:52 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#11 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

Another recommendation of mine is:

Title: All I Have Left
Author: Traekor
Summary: At the conclusion of the battle between Naruto and Gaara, Naruto protected all of his friends present. But what if Konoha did not win the battle, and the Third had not sealed Orochimaru's arms? Naruto and Sakura have to face the new world alone.
Reason of recommendation: It's an AU, and pretty original. I like how the author starts developing NaruSaku when Naruto and Sakura's relationship was still in their earliest phases, and like it creates a timeline familiar, and still different.
Warnings: Death character.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#12 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

I cant believe I forgot All I Have Left!
That is one of my all time favorite fics. Very original and highly reccomended.

#13 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is the sort of thing this thread here is for.

#14 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Feb 19 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is the sort of thing this thread here is for.

I stated it in the first post, Illjwamh. I said that the great fanfic listing II is good and all if you want to find out if there are new stories or if a story is updated... but my idea for this is to make it a database of a sort... for fanfiction that people recommend, not a update list. That way they can just find stories, even though they're not new or updated, in this small database instead of combing through pages and pages of fanfiction for something that pops out at you.

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#15 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

Ah, I see. I misunderstood that, I guess. That'll teach me to skim. A fine idea.

Edited by Illjwamh, 20 February 2008 - 12:23 AM.

#16 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

Title: Shade of the Leaf
Author: Ravyn
Summary: Sasuke is back. Naruto has joined ANBU. Sakura is spending more time in the hospital than in the field. Team 7 struggles to redefine itself, because sometimes you don’t know what you really want after all.
Reason of recommendation: Very good story. Long and well written (despite some grammar slips). Relatively original, and the characters are well portrayed. I like how the fic deals with Team 7 reunited in Konoha and the three members' feelings, how Sasuke's defection's consequences are mentioned, how the author builds NaruSaku without ignoring Sasuke or depicting him like a cold-hearted, EVIL! bastard...

The beginning of this fic is very promising, and it can become one of the great stories of Narusaku fandom if the authors keeps up the quality.
Warnings: Some mispellings, but fewer.

#17 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

Ok, since they haven't been recced yet, I'll add a couple more - one ongoing and one completed.

Title: Fitting the Pieces
Author: Aliora
Summary: Picking up the pieces is easy. It's fitting them back together that's hard.
Reason for recommendation: It's grittier than a lot of fics, but not excessively angsty IMO. After Sasuke's death, both Sakura and Naruto are hurting. They help each other pull it back together (particularly Naruto for Sakura).

Title: Densetsu no Sannin: Repetition
Author: Wilhelm Junker
Summary: A failed attack on a hidden village near the border of Fire Country plunges the continent into yet another secret war, one Konoha isn't prepared to deal with. The story of Team Seven's ascension to legendary status.
Reason for recommendation: This one is set after Sasuke's return and I think it does a good job of believably bringing him back. There aren't a lot of NaruSaku fics that have Sasuke around, especially post time-skip, mostly for that reason, I suspect. That's not the only reason that I like it, but it's the shortest explanation.

Both fics do a great job with characterization. It may not be 100% the way that I see things going, but I can believe them and they're consistent with themselves. Also, some have complained about NaruSaku fics being excessively fluffy. These aren't.

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 27 February 2008 - 07:53 PM.

#18 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Title: Heart Shaped Cloud
Author: Shining Swordman
Summary: A heart shaped cloud starts the build up of a relationship between a certain blond haired Hokage and a pink haired medicnin. Too bad ANBU seems to interrupt most of their big moments.
Reason for recommendation: It's good seeing some fic where the angst and the drama are replaced by fun and fuzziness. It's well written and the characterization is good. I find the interaction between Naruto and Sakura so hilarious as it should be, not matter how many many years have passed.

Title: Trail of Freedom
Author: Terra of Genesis
Summary: AU: Naruto sets out on his greatest journey to achieve what he longs for most, freedom from the past which heavily weighs on his shoulders. But he will have to suffer a huge fall, before being reborn as the hero he was destined to become.
Reason for recommendation: A big, long, beautifully narrated epic. Usually you don't see a lot of them in Naruto fanfiction. I find interesting the changes the author brings in the Naruto world, and here Naruto is powerful, but not unbelievablingly so, and without losing his endearing traits.

By the way, Nick (or another moderator), I think that, given the nature of this thread, we should get pinned it. What do you think?

Edited by Jenskott, 27 February 2008 - 07:54 PM.

#19 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thank you for agreeing to my request/suggestion! biggrin.gif

Anyway, let's give more recommendations:

Title: Human Contact
Author: Yooso
Genre: General/Romance
Summary: The ability to touch others is something humans take for granted. But what if you couldn't anymore?
Reason for recommendation: It's a good history and it's original. I don't like stories where it's stated the villagers abused phisically Naruto constantly (look, I can believe Sandaime couldn't watch Naruto the whole time, but I don't believe he'd remain ignorant of people beating and trying lynching Naruto daily), and this story gives another reason of why it is no possible.
Other than it, I like the romantic scenes, and the humor ones are hilarious.

#20 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 29 2008, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for agreeing to my request/suggestion! biggrin.gif

Anyway, let's give more recommendations:

Title: Human Contact
Author: Yooso
Genre: General/Romance
Summary: The ability to touch others is something humans take for granted. But what if you couldn't anymore?
Reason for recommendation: It's a good history and it's original. I don't like stories where it's stated the villagers abused phisically Naruto constantly (look, I can believe Sandaime couldn't watch Naruto the whole time, but I don't believe he'd remain ignorant of people beating and trying lynching Naruto daily), and this story gives another reason of why it is no possible.
Other than it, I like the romantic scenes, and the humor ones are hilarious.

Human Contact is a good story!It makes me laugh.The romantic scenes are sweet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanfic, Recommendation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users