Close
Photo

What were your expectations for Naruto Part 3?

naruto sakura sasuke

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

NaruSaku4Life3g asked yesterday: What were your reactions when you first heard Naruto was ending in 5 weeks?

And that got me thinking about how differently I expected Part 3 to turn out. I started to answer his question, but it ended up morphing into something altogether different: my hopes and expectations for a Part 3 of Naruto. (Not that New Generation crap, but a bona fide Part 3, complete with a time skip like Shippuden.) 

I didn't at all think the series would be handed off to a youngerr generation. Instead I thought the series would focus on Naruto and Sasuke as adults. They'd finally be free of the previous generations' struggles and mistakes, but they would be locked in their own tug-of-war for the future of Konoha and the peace of the shinobi world.

So what were your expectations for a Part 3? Was it a new era, like we got? Was it an in-depth stuggle between Sasuke and Naruto? Was it focused on Team 7 and their journey as three new sages? Or was it like with Legend of Korra, where the spirit world and the real world collide, and the New Era involves the release of the bijuu back into the realm of men, and Naruto is caught up in the power struggle over them that ensues?

Or was it something completely different?

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

I'll go first! So, as the ending grew closer, I began thinking that there had to be another series coming up (especially with all the development surrounding "The Last" and The New Era project). My guess was that Naruto was going to continue in another form, like a monthly manga installment, for about a year or so. 

So this was what I thought the Naruto Part 3 would be: 

The weekly manga would end with either Sasuke as Kage or with peace finally being achieved, but with Naruto and Sasuke on opposite sides of an idealogical divide. So, either 1. with Naruto leaving the village to only come back stronger and beat Sasuke; 2. with Sasuke banished only to come back later and fight Naruto, like Madara and the First; or 3. with both locked in a power struggle within the village, like Danzo and the Third. 

However it went down, I expected there to be a big time skip, with Naruto and Sasuke as young adults now fighting their own battles. They no longer were dealing with the struggles left over from the previous generations. Now they were deciding how things would go moving forward. The stakes would be much higher than when they were children. There would be new villains on the horizon, as well as old ones, love interests to be explored, loyalties to be tested and a more adult aspect to the decisions that must be made.

Naruto vs. Sasuke — Naruto would represent a modern future, while Sasuke would represent a future based on the traditions of the past. Naruto would want everything to be equal, Sasuke would want a return to clan rule. Naruto would want to open the village up, move away from the violent nature of their village and grow toward peace. But Sasuke would want to exercise caution and maintain the walls and weaponry that had served them well, including investing in the bloodlines that made Konoha one of the most powerful cities of the shinobi world.

Sakura — Sakura would be torn between her long-standing loyalty to Naruto and his dream of becoming Hokage, and her hope that had Sasuke finally changed, was free from the grip of revenge, and only wanted to return to the village to build a better life. She would be flattered by Sasuke's compliments, but wouldn't be certain if he truly cared about her or saw her as the cornerstone of his dream of rebuilding his clan. She would also grapple with a lingering distrust that he might have come back just to exact some kind of revenge on Naruto, since she knew Sasuke wanted to be Hokage and threatened to kill Naruto. 

She would also be frustrated by Naruto's growing distance from her since Sasuke's return. She is as dedicated to moving Konoha into a peaceful future as Naruto is, but their friendship has cooled to a professional working relationship. He doesn't seem to even notice that they aren't as close as they once were, but to Sakura it seems like a terrible irony that after everything they'd done to bring Sasuke home and win they war, that they would lose each other. Sakura would never repeat her tearful confession, not wanting to make yet another mistake after being so soundly rejected, and especially since he has taken great pains to avoid mentioning anything about that time with her. But she never forgot it and how she felt, and she secretly harbored a hope that one day they might talk about it again. 

Hinata — Hinata would be groomed to take over her clan, with her father finally recognizing what a great daughter and promising leader she was. She would be involved in village affairs and clan diplomacy, as well as heading up some of the pet projects that Naruto was championing for unification after the war. Their closeness would be something that she would definitely want. However, her father would see Sasuke's thoughts on the direction of the village as far better for their clan than Naruto's ideas. So Hinata is would be caught between going against her father and the elders of the clan, casting aside their newfound support, and aligning herself with Naruto, whom she still secretly loves. But she may not have as much of a choice as she thinks as her father is seriously considering aligning with Sasuke, as he is championing the clan system and specifically those with powerful bloodlines, and speaking obliquely of uniting the two clans again, in the oldest and most traditional of clan practices: through an arranged marriage. That is, if the father and the elders can persuade Sasuke to agree.

As for Naruto, she would grow from her crush and try to be more self-assertive, in her own life and in winning Naruto's affections. His wartime overtures to her were clearly from a place of camaraderie, but she had never forgotten the way they made her feel, as someone special and capable of anything. And she decided she would be that kind of person in his life, trying to welcome him into their family to make him feel he had a place to belong, and working on his projects to get to know him better and support his interests.

Even as it grows clearer to everyone that Naruto's direction for Konoha and Sasuke's goals could possibly divide the village right down the middle.

Rookies — They would all weave in and out, just as in Part 1. Most noteably, Ino would come to see Choji for his true worth, developing away out of her childhood ways. Shikamaru and Temari would continue to grow closer. Gaara and Kakashi would get love interests, etc. There would be a full resolution for each of that tied into the story theme of unity, and met a need that the characters had from early on in the novel. (Like Kakashi would be able to let go of his teammates and reconnect with another classmate whom he didn't connect with in his childhood because the death of his father drove to be consumed by his team and his missions.)

edit: oh yeah, Tsunade would still be Hokage. Sasuke and Naruto would be locked in a battle for the seat, as the ultimate prize. But really it's unveiled a lot of other problems with the village, the goals they thought they wanted as children and ultimately their friendship.

#3 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

I didn't think there would be a part three, or atleast hoped there wouldn't be, I thought for sure Kishi would do the decent thing and retire his old series with dignity and pride, by giving us a proper ending, with the occasional special chapters released in the monthly Jump, giving us an insight into the lives of our adult ninja's.

Instead we got him being whored out to SP who have raped him of all dignity and is now nothing more than a sellout, who gave away his centre stage for a minor charactor, and became a lousy father to sell more volumes of the story of Bolt and Sarada.

iAnby7W.gif

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'll go first! So, as the ending grew closer, I began thinking that there had to be another series coming up (especially with all the development surrounding "The Last" and The New Era project). My guess was that Naruto was going to continue in another form, like a monthly manga installment, for about a year or so. 

So this was what I thought the Naruto Part 3 would be: 

The weekly manga would end with either Sasuke as Kage or with peace finally being achieved, but with Naruto and Sasuke on opposite sides of an idealogical divide. So, either 1. with Naruto leaving the village to only come back stronger and beat Sasuke; 2. with Sasuke banished only to come back later and fight Naruto, like Madara and the First; or 3. with both locked in a power struggle within the village, like Danzo and the Third. 

However it went down, I expected there to be a big time skip, with Naruto and Sasuke as young adults now fighting their own battles. They no longer were dealing with the struggles left over from the previous generations. Now they were deciding how things would go moving forward. The stakes would be much higher than when they were children. There would be new villains on the horizon, as well as old ones, love interests to be explored, loyalties to be tested and a more adult aspect to the decisions that must be made.

Naruto vs. Sasuke — Naruto would represent a modern future, while Sasuke would represent a future based on the traditions of the past. Naruto would want everything to be equal, Sasuke would want a return to clan rule. Naruto would want to open the village up, move away from the violent nature of their village and grow toward peace. But Sasuke would want to exercise caution and maintain the walls and weaponry that had served them well, including investing in the bloodlines that made Konoha one of the most powerful cities of the shinobi world.

Sakura — Sakura would be torn between her long-standing loyalty to Naruto and his dream of becoming Hokage, and her hope that had Sasuke finally changed, was free from the grip of revenge, and only wanted to return to the village to build a better life. She would be flattered by Sasuke's compliments, but wouldn't be certain if he truly cared about her or saw her as the cornerstone of his dream of rebuilding his clan. She would also grapple with a lingering distrust that he might have come back just to exact some kind of revenge on Naruto, since she knew Sasuke wanted to be Hokage and threatened to kill Naruto. 

She would also be frustrated by Naruto's growing distance from her since Sasuke's return. She is as dedicated to moving Konoha into a peaceful future as Naruto is, but their friendship has cooled to a professional working relationship. He doesn't seem to even notice that they aren't as close as they once were, but to Sakura it seems like a terrible irony that after everything they'd done to bring Sasuke home and win they war, that they would lose each other. Sakura would never repeat her tearful confession, not wanting to make yet another mistake after being so soundly rejected, and especially since he has taken great pains to avoid mentioning anything about that time with her. But she never forgot it and how she felt, and she secretly harbored a hope that one day they might talk about it again. 

Hinata — Hinata would be groomed to take over her clan, with her father finally recognizing what a great daughter and promising leader she was. She would be involved in village affairs and clan diplomacy, as well as heading up some of the pet projects that Naruto was championing for unification after the war. Their closeness would be something that she would definitely want. However, her father would see Sasuke's thoughts on the direction of the village as far better for their clan than Naruto's ideas. So Hinata is would be caught between going against her father and the elders of the clan, casting aside their newfound support, and aligning herself with Naruto, whom she still secretly loves. But she may not have as much of a choice as she thinks as her father is seriously considering aligning with Sasuke, as he is championing the clan system and specifically those with powerful bloodlines, and speaking obliquely of uniting the two clans again, in the oldest and most traditional of clan practices: through an arranged marriage. That is, if the father and the elders can persuade Sasuke to agree.

As for Naruto, she would grow from her crush and try to be more self-assertive, in her own life and in winning Naruto's affections. His wartime overtures to her were clearly from a place of camaraderie, but she had never forgotten the way they made her feel, as someone special and capable of anything. And she decided she would be that kind of person in his life, trying to welcome him into their family to make him feel he had a place to belong, and working on his projects to get to know him better and support his interests.

Even as it grows clearer to everyone that Naruto's direction for Konoha and Sasuke's goals could possibly divide the village right down the middle.

Rookies — They would all weave in and out, just as in Part 1. Most noteably, Ino would come to see Choji for his true worth, developing away out of her childhood ways. Shikamaru and Temari would continue to grow closer. Gaara and Kakashi would get love interests, etc. There would be a full resolution for each of that tied into the story theme of unity, and met a need that the characters had from early on in the novel. (Like Kakashi would be able to let go of his teammates and reconnect with another classmate whom he didn't connect with in his childhood because the death of his father drove to be consumed by his team and his missions.)

edit: oh yeah, Tsunade would still be Hokage. Sasuke and Naruto would be locked in a battle for the seat, as the ultimate prize. But really it's unveiled a lot of other problems with the village, the goals they thought they wanted as children and ultimately their friendship.

:D :love: Babe, you sure got some cool ideas!

#5 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

That's a really fascinating vision of what Part 3 could have been, Tricksie. Although it's a little bit heavy on the angst (particularly the Naruto-Sakura relationship) for what I generally like, it feels like such a real, complicated, and engaging portrait of what the future could have held.

Honestly, I don't think I ever fully bought into the idea that there would really be a part 3. I thought Kishi was going to tie things up neatly. When I did finally think there would be a part 3, I thought it would just be a series of sneak peaks back into Konoha to see lighthearted stories about where our characters are now.

I never would have guessed it'd be a next gen story.

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

I don't call part 3 or 699-700 and the last canon cause it's so kitten.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

If I had done it, it would have simply been another time skip with Naruto as the main character, and the Rookies would be in their early twenties. Honestly it would have been more adult oriented though then some may like, and relationships would actually be explored beyond some general idea of "bonds". It would basically be the final aspect of Naruto entering adulthood, as well as early adulthood threw the lens of a war like culture. Then again I'd also push foreward the idea that the world isn't utopian, and we do what we can well we can to make it better. None of this utopian solutions crap that Kishimoto pulled out of his ass in the end. War doesn't happen because "people love things to much". Honestly the whole Uchiha bs did a lot to ruin this story, I'd get rid of and reverse most of that nonsense.

Kishimoto though wanted to write part 1 Naruto style stories again... so we get Bolt, and a Nardo character who is so OOC that a large portion of the fandom now refer to him as the world's greatest scumbag. Good going Kishimoto you hack.

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Happy_Uzumaki_Family_by_Naru_Nisa.jpg

Like this, but with NS, and a chapter instead of just a cover. Just a light fluffy bonus chapter of people's everyday life in the future. Lots of love, family, smiles, and dreams coming true. Kind of like 700, just better.

700 should've been about Naruto's generation. The kids' story can be in part 3.

ナルサク

#9 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

I honestly don't care that much about "the kids". Even if NS became canon I'd only start telling tales about the kids in a part 4 or even a part 5. Yet I'd still have the main characters being the original cast.

Then again I'd actually write Naruto with Naruto being the main focus instead of it being Sasuke/Uchiha oriented.... I'd honestly redo a lot of this story, sometime after the Pein Arc.

#10 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

I didn't expect a part 3. I thought Kishimoto was going to end it here and now but it seems he's incapable of letting to of cash and fanservice. Money and Pierrot have him by the balls.

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

Well this is how I would do it.

Nappa and Vegeta were on the way to Earth.

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?"

"No…."

"Are we there yet?"

"No…!"

"Are we there yet?"

"No…!!"

"Hay Vegeta?"

"What…?!!"

"Can we stop at the That planet Full of ninjas?"

"Nappa if it will shut you up for 5 minutes. Then fine!" Vegeta growled.

Minutes later.

"Well… This is fun…" Vegeta spoke as he watched a black mass float by.

Instantly the ground exploded. "Hey Vegeta look… The locals.." Nappa spoke as they looked at Ninja who began to flank the two Saiyans.

"Seems they brought a welcome service…" Vegeta spoke.

"You know Vegeta. On some planets. They really appreciate foreign commune. It really brings in the revenue…" Nappa spoke as one soldier drew a Kunai. "They'll probably treat us like royalty…"

The twosat in the cell. "Well…" Vegeta started.

"Yeah…" Nappa spoke.

"I say…" A man spoke up. "You two have also been imprisoned too so what did you two try and do…"

As the guy spoke Nappa spoke to Vegeta . "Hey Vegeta…"

"What is it?" Vegeta asked.

"Were in prison Vegeta…"

"I see that Nappa…"Vegeta spoke.

"Hey…"

"What?" Vegeta asked.

"Don't drop the soap."

"I swear to god Nappa. I will shoot you…" Vegeta growled.

"As you can see…" The man said after talking without knowing they weren't listening. "Many questionable people have been locked away in here…" He said looking to the back at a fat man beside him.

"Welcome to oz kitten!" It spoke. "That's right…" He said pointing at Vegeta. " You with the spiky hair. You're going to be my kitten!"  The prince's eye twitched.

"I'm going to sell you for a cigarette. But not before I violate you. Because you're my bit-"

Up above a large purple bug sat on his throne. "I love Being Hokage and being with you Hinata chan…Right my queen..?"

"Oh I love you too my Naruto Kun, but we have to deal with the two people that we captured as there were near Konha." a creepy white eye girl said

Both gripped the chairs as an explosion went off.

"What in the world was that…?"

"Hi"

"Who the kitten are you two…?" a Ninja said looking at the two.

"Hi I'm Nappa. And that's Vegeta… He was a prison kitten."

"Shut the hell up Nappa." Vegeta growled. "Anyway we're here because my partner is an idiot…" Vegeta spoke. "Now that we have that out of the way…I think I'll just kill you and…"

"Hey Vegeta…" Nappa spoke.

"Oh god what now…?"

"I think that's their queen… I'm curious on how they breed…" Nappa said as he looked at Hinata, "But I have to say she must be blind I mean look at her eyes Vegeta, there all white and creepy.."

"Oh god Nappa that's disgusting..." Vegeta spoke.

"Hey you guy's…" Nappa spoke interrupting Vegeta. "Breed for us…" Nappa asked.

"Why should we listen to you…? Your surround by my 13 elite…" Nappa blasted the 13. "Dead guards… Well you heard him honey…" The thing spoke.

"They're not doing anything…" Nappa spoke as Vegeta closed his eyes.

"Their standing on top of each other… And… Aaargh…!There, they go…" Nappa said grinning. As they went through the process Nappa took a picture.

Vegeta answer his call.

"Oh… God damn it Nappa…!" Vegeta yelled as they saw the picture.

After breeding finished…

"There. I've done my wife. Will you now leave us in piece…?" The the blonde whisker man saidasked.

"Actually no… I'm still going to kill you…" Vegeta spoke.

"Kurama everyone else we need to hurry!" The whisker man called.

"Vegeta it's… it's…"Nappa spoke. "It's so cute!" Nappa yelled as they looked at the large Fox. "Can I keep it? Can I keep it?!" Nappa called.

"Fine…! Just catch it or something…" Vegeta spoke.

"Yay… Here boy shake!" Nappa yelled catching its hand as it attacks. He snapped a finger off. "Argh… Got your finger…" Nappa said enjoying himself. He brought his arm above his head. "Ok boy now.. Catch the ball…"Nappa called summoning chi into his hand. "Catch the ball…" The beast looked on in fear…

The ball hit him and the beast was no more. "Aw…." Nappa yelled as the dust cleared. "I broke it Vegeta… It must have been made of something weak… Like papier-mâché… Or Raditz…?" Nappa spoke.

Vegeta on the other hand kills the other ninja and gets ready to kill the last one off who has duck hair and red eyes

"Please… I'll do anything you want… I'll give you riches…" The Sasuke spoke as he ran for it. Vegeta raised his fingers. The ground broke up around them. "Women.. you can even have mine I hate her anyway. Wait what you doing…?" He asked.

"I'm about to rock you…"Vegeta spoke as he smirked. "Like a Hurricane…"

"I love that song…!" The Sasuke called only to yell as a rock blasted through his chest. And died.

"Ha! Did you see that Nappa…!" Vegeta called. "That was totally bad-"

"Nappa… What you doing?" Vegeta asked stopping Vegeta's rant.

"I'm cuddling it Vegeta…"

"It's dead Nappa…" She spoke.

"Nooo…..!!"

Nappa cried. "I remember when we first got him…"

Cue the last minute with the fox.

"Yeah… Good times…" Nappa said.

"Please leave us in peace we all have familys and I don't want to lose mine after getting so hard to get it." The white eye girl said as both Saiyans soon saw her past in some odd way that Vegeta just gave a deep sigh.

"Isn't that nice Vegeta…?"Nappa spoke.

"Were leaving Nappa…" Vegeta spoke as they floated to their pods.

"K…" Nappa spoke.

"Look at us Vegeta…" Nappa spoke as they left the planet. "We fought a bunch of Ninja, saw a white eye girl and some how saw her past, I still don't know how that one worked…" Nappa stated. They came to a stop and looked at the planet. "But it was still fun Vegeta maybe we should go again and see more…" As Nappa said that Vegeta blew the planet up.

"Haha.. Haha… Tragic…"Nappa said.

#12 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

Honestly, I too, like a lot of people didn't believe Part 3 would exist at that time. People did talk about it a little more than usual, but I didn't give it much thought. I guess I thought it was just a rumor, because I've heard rumors like many times over the years and it always turned out to be speculation. I didn't believe it for one second, because I thought the manga had gone on for long enough and all the main conflicts had to be settled at the end of Part 2. There was nothing really to add, except make up a new problem, but I didn't consider that very likely. So yeah, I figured out there was really going to be a Part 3 when the last chapter was already released and by that time we already knew what it was going to be about so yeah, I didn't really have time to speculate.

#13 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

What I expect is

Sarada wants to defeat Baruto to prove her dad

since, her dad doesn't like her for being a girl (as he wanted a boy to be the light to his clan)

Since such thinking is worst, Sakura generally has arguments with Sasuke for Sarada

which is why Sarada thinks she'll defeat hokage's son & become hokage one day
so Sarada studies too much to learn about how to use chakra & jutsus more efficiently but becomes a nerd!

on the oother hand, Baruto tries to get his dad's attention

he has everything, money, n all but he wants his dad rather

when these two worlds collide it gives rise to new adventure

Edited by Princess Iris, 24 January 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#14 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

lol, I expect a lot of people who was already injured from part 2 to just fully finish their ownself off lol. 

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Happy_Uzumaki_Family_by_Naru_Nisa.jpg

Like this, but with NS, and a chapter instead of just a cover. Just a light fluffy bonus chapter of people's everyday life in the future. Lots of love, family, smiles, and dreams coming true. Kind of like 700, just better.

700 should've been about Naruto's generation. The kids' story can be in part 3.

Yeah, looking at this pic, such a clear NS parallel, it is laughable to think that Naruto is in a staid traditional marriage (like those movie pics at the end) and with a quiet little wife who has subverted her entire existence for homemaking.

Again, thinking of what was and where the manga ended up...I still feel like "Am I reading the same series?"

#16 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, looking at this pic, such a clear NS parallel, it is laughable to think that Naruto is in a staid traditional marriage (like those movie pics at the end) and with a quiet little wife who has subverted her entire existence for homemaking.

Again, thinking of what was and where the manga ended up...I still feel like "Am I reading the same series?"

Yeah, tell me about it, Tricks. Or am I even seeing a lot of the same stuff I know for a fact to be legit when I hear some of the same stuff from The Last claiming other stuff. X-P It's just disappointing how things are now soiled for all eternity.

#17 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

There were so many off and on rumors about a Part 3 that I quit paying attention to them. By the time I believed them it was evidence what Kishimoto was doing, so I really had no expectations. 

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

Ok thinking about it a bit more, if there was to be a third part, I think I would have preferred it to be focused on the child of Karin and Sasuke, more so than Naruto and Sakura. I would have expected the child of Naruto to grow up happy and well loved by not just his parents but the village people as well, though dragged down by the expectation of being a son of two heroes, where the child f Sasuke and Karin would have a harder time, for one I would expect there still to be hostility towards Sasuke that may be aimed at the child, and with Karin being an outsider who worked for Orichimaru that would add another layer of distrust.

I would have expected a mini-series with Naruto's child growing up with the pressure of having two heroes as parents and trying to build his of her own identity, maybe having the courage to walk out of his fathers shadow and choose a different path than the one of Hokage the village likely expect him to aim for, where I'd expect the opposite of Sasuke's child, she'd need to prove herself to the vilage, and learn to love the village and want to protect them and be a leader, it would also be a much better love story than the lame one we have lined up for us in the third part. Kishi could have easily built up the drama without distroying 15 years of charactor development for all his charactors, and personally I would have liked my idea much more.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users