Close
Photo

Why was Sasuke so cruel to Sakura in the end?

Sakura Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:54 AM

I wish he would've killed Naruto.. then Sakura then himself. Team 7 kamikaze to spare themselves from the ending.

Still can't believe the jackass Sasuke isn't dead.

#42 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

At the very least he should have gotten life in prison. It's despicable that he got off scott free.

Edited by RedFaction, 09 February 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#43 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

He was cruel, because he loved her :zaru: Or the most used excuse...Kishi made me do it :zaru:

#44 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

At the very least he should have gotten life in prison. It's despicable that he got off scott free.

Scott free and rewarded with a family.

#45 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

:facepalm: :facepalm:

#46 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:wonderfulandterriblethings.tumblr

Revolution on NarutoForums

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Because sh*tty romance stories have the end-pairing abusive for the sake of suspense.

It actually makes me want to tear my hair out, but it's your funeral.

I'm sorry.  I shouldn't be so rude but the best person to ask is a SasuSaku shipper (if they are not being a complete a**hole to you).  My guess is "he was afraid of letting her get close because she can never be with him as he secretly loves her but he's too dark and painful" or some similar logic, despite the fact that he let her fall in lava between putting her down and psychologically torturing her when he was after NARUTO.

I can't accept that Sasuke just gave up fighting against the evil that was Konoha's genocidal system.

Yes, I actually have Sasuke as a favorite character, even more then Naruto and Sakura, because I can see things from both points of view.  He was not wrong.  In the event that he actually was doing things that he would later "go on a journey of atonement" was.  Everything he was doing was to seek justice for his family, whether it was kill Itachi, Konoha, or change the entire shinobi world.  Then at the end he decides to "journey of atonement" after "sorry for everything I've done" while he "prays" to Naruto. 

Would have been absolutely fine with SasuSaku had Kishi made it an actual relationship and team instead of this abusive, no consideration for the other's feelings nonsense (which I could continue the list of everything bad about it's delivery but that would take a while).

Kishi actually said that he doesn't like writing Sasuke because the character "doesn't listen" and does such troublesome things. He seems to think his characters have a mind of their own. To answer the question I think he makes Sakura into Sasuke's morality pet. Meaning that when he wants to show Sasuke being bad Sakura is used to bring that point home ( genjutsu then Kakashi admonishing him for his treatment of her). Also in contrast, when he's redeemed she is also used to show his change ( he apologozies and agrees to be with her later on). At least that's how it seemed to me at the end. I find it terrible for Sakura myself.

If I ever met Kishi I would tell him this is exactly why he is the best character.  He's not afraid to rebel against authority or people who are wrong.  He should have listened to the message Sasuke's "mind of it's own" was saying instead of trying to control it like a child.  Something in Kishimoto's subconscious may or may not have been making him aware of things he didn't originally consider (like maybe Konoha oppressing the Uchiha and committing genocide was WRONG)

It's terrible for both Sakura and Sasuke.   She never grew and he regressed.  Sasuke wasn't redeemed.  He forgot about his family . . . twice (first the Uchiha and Itachi and then Sakura and Sarada)

Sakura is actually a very bad match for Sasuke since Sasuke is a boy who lost everything and was forced to become an adult at a young age while Sakura is a girl who had everything and was too naive to know it. Sasuke might end up resenting Sakura for having parents and not understanding him. She can't understand him because her family was not killed by the older brother she admired. Sasuke's one true love will always be his family and it makes me shake my head when deluded naive SS fangirls think Sakura can replace that.

Sasuke deserved the girl who was also messed up just like him and understood that.  

"I wonder how he thinks of me"
is never
"I just want to see that smile once more"

Edited by Sarahmint, 09 February 2015 - 06:48 AM.

Was once Sasuke's biggest fan.

And then chapter 699 happened.

He should have called Kakashi out on his hypocrisy,

instead he was left alone by Naruto...

#47 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

lol with the girl that Naruto loves.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#48 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

So I was wondering, since Kishimoto knew how the series was going to end, with SS together, why did he make Sasuke so outright mean to Sakura in the final chapters? Sasuke mocked her, left her for dead, called her caring for him a fantasy, and then stabbed her with a genjutsu through the chest. What good was that to the story? When Kishimoto has so often written things vaguely, in a way that could be interpreted in mutliple ways, what was the point of making Sasuke so unequivocally cruel? He saved her once in the end, but it was without the intent he had when saving Karin. It just seemed like something effortless he could do, not because he deeply wanted to because he cared about her.

So what was the purpose of Sasuke's cruelty? In the end, was it just to heighten the atmosphere of NS? Or was it to once and for all detonate Sakura's character once the truth came out and she accepted Sasuke? His behavior doesn't make Sasuke look like a saint either, so was it to reduce Sasuke and Sakura in the story, thus lend more validity and credibility to Naruto's choosing Hinata?

edit: a bit off topic - my autocorrect keeps changing Sasuke to Seasick - lol!

Because he's going to fix that with another movie.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#49 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Because sh*tty romance stories have the end-pairing abusive for the sake of suspense.

It actually makes me want to tear my hair out, but it's your funeral.

I'm sorry.  I shouldn't be so rude but the best person to ask is a SasuSaku shipper (if they are not being a complete a**hole to you).  My guess is "he was afraid of letting her get close because she can never be with him as he secretly loves her but he's too dark and painful" or some similar logic, despite the fact that he let her fall in lava between putting her down and psychologically torturing her when he was after NARUTO.

I can't accept that Sasuke just gave up fighting against the evil that was Konoha's genocidal system.

Yes, I actually have Sasuke as a favorite character, even more then Naruto and Sakura, because I can see things from both points of view.  He was not wrong.  In the event that he actually was doing things that he would later "go on a journey of atonement" was.  Everything he was doing was to seek justice for his family, whether it was kill Itachi, Konoha, or change the entire shinobi world.  Then at the end he decides to "journey of atonement" after "sorry for everything I've done" while he "prays" to Naruto. 

Would have been absolutely fine with SasuSaku had Kishi made it an actual relationship and team instead of this abusive, no consideration for the other's feelings nonsense (which I could continue the list of everything bad about it's delivery but that would take a while).

If I ever met Kishi I would tell him this is exactly why he is the best character.  He's not afraid to rebel against authority or people who are wrong.  He should have listened to the message Sasuke's "mind of it's own" was saying instead of trying to control it like a child.  Something in Kishimoto's subconscious may or may not have been making him aware of things he didn't originally consider (like maybe Konoha oppressing the Uchiha and committing genocide was WRONG)

It's terrible for both Sakura and Sasuke.   She never grew and he regressed.  Sasuke wasn't redeemed.  He forgot about his family . . . twice (first the Uchiha and Itachi and then Sakura and Sarada)

I agree completely with this post

Sasuke's "redemption" made no sense, since his final objective was noble, its just that his method was completely wrong and twisted. 

It would be ten thousand times better if Naruto in his fight with Sasuke made Sasuke understand this and then both of them could work towards a new future, kind of a throwback to the Madara x Hashirama companionship, only this time being succesful

But I also understand the couple of people who want Sasuke to pay for his crimes. I used to think like that too. Thats why I think having him imprisioned for a amount of time due to his actions at the Kage Summit (killing innocent people)  and the hunt against Killer Bee (where its hinted he killed Jay, a cloud ninja) makes sense

Edited by Nar123, 15 February 2015 - 03:26 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#50 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

I left the Sasusaku train at Chapter 693. 

I didn't know that Naruto was going to end at chapter 700, we weren't informed at the time. But it was chapter 693 that made me realize that there was no hope in the couple redeeming itself. As a shipper, I expected for Sasuke to change his ways by his own will and for Sakura to stand up against him. Just like he did at the time he arrived at the war, I expected Sasuke to acknowledge Sakura's power and treat her with the respect that she deserves.  

But instead all I got was Sakura pondering if Sasuke loved her while in the midst of battle, and Sasuke throwing Sakura aside like she was a background prop.   

Honestly adding in that scene makes no sense and it's better to not waste time pondering about it. The Last made more sense than that scene. I will never understand why Kishimoto added in Sasuke knocking out Sakura a few chapters before it was showed that they'll eventually mate and have kids.  

And also, he was trying to kill Naruto because he cared about him, so what does that say about what he thinks about Sakura as a whole? He doesn't care about her enough. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#51 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

20150103000897.jpg

LMAO sakura haters work in the newspaper. this lame article in the manga section is basically saying how naruto fans think how useless unlikable and wishy washy the character is. and how much she doesn't deserve sasuke sama. and how fans photoshoped her gravesite on nh poster lollll

and then on the top yellow box it shows the meeting sessions with chie, her seiyuu.

lol, i don't know what the reporter is trying to do, but he/she should be fired for such a stupid article.

Edited by Hanabi, 16 February 2015 - 05:24 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#52 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

20150103000897.jpg

LMAO sakura haters work in the newspaper. this lame article in the manga section is basically saying how naruto fans think how useless unlikable and wishy washy the character is. and how much she doesn't deserve sasuke sama. and how fans photoshoped her gravesite on nh poster lollll

and then on the top yellow box it shows the meeting sessions with chie, her seiyuu.

lol, i don't know what the reporter is trying to do, but he/she should be fired for such a stupid article.

Okay well the person does have a point that Sakura's character was totally ruined with this ending, but I blame Kishimoto and SP for that. The way she is being portrayed is criminal in my book. My problem is that Sakura is not alone in this. All the rest of Team 7 look bad too, so to single her out like that is just stupid.

#53 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:29 AM

Okay well the person does have a point that Sakura's character was totally ruined with this ending, but I blame Kishimoto and SP for that. The way she is being portrayed is criminal in my book. My problem is that Sakura is not alone in this. All the rest of Team 7 look bad too, so to single her out like that is just stupid.

kishimoney is the one responsible. so much for making sakura the heroine instead of "hinata hinata". 

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#54 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

So I was wondering, since Kishimoto knew how the series was going to end, with SS together, why did he make Sasuke so outright mean to Sakura in the final chapters? Sasuke mocked her, left her for dead, called her caring for him a fantasy, and then stabbed her with a genjutsu through the chest. What good was that to the story? When Kishimoto has so often written things vaguely, in a way that could be interpreted in mutliple ways, what was the point of making Sasuke so unequivocally cruel? He saved her once in the end, but it was without the intent he had when saving Karin. It just seemed like something effortless he could do, not because he deeply wanted to because he cared about her.

So what was the purpose of Sasuke's cruelty? In the end, was it just to heighten the atmosphere of NS? Or was it to once and for all detonate Sakura's character once the truth came out and she accepted Sasuke? His behavior doesn't make Sasuke look like a saint either, so was it to reduce Sasuke and Sakura in the story, thus lend more validity and credibility to Naruto's choosing Hinata?

edit: a bit off topic - my autocorrect keeps changing Sasuke to Seasick - lol!

Well, I believe at one point, he tried to make it clear that he didn't want SS to happen, so he basically make Sasuke the meanest person in the world for Sakura. I think he thought that this way, maybe people would see how bad that pairing was. I believe he intend NS during the whole time. Give a lot of build up in it to make it more popular so the fan understand where this was going (yeah, I take RTN and the Kushina and Minato hint and CPR scene that all appear around the same time. while Hinata trip and Sasuke was an a Hole till the end) But somehow, those pairing were still more popular, no matter what he did, so in the end, he probably couldn't end it like he wanted and sell out to Pierrot studio.

I mean Sakura was victim of the syndrome , She's despicable at 1st, so we hate her for life, from this fandom. No matter how the character develop or became nicer and more awesome, people will always hate her sadly, which make her less popular and hated :(.

Their is a reverse syndrome as well, the cute innocent girl that must have everything she want, no matter what. No matter what happen, she deserved because she wasn't mean in the story at all. (not mean doesn't mean she was there when it count)

Oh well, I could just resume this whole thing into 3 words : HE SOLD OUT.

#55 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Cause that's how Uchiha show their love!! :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#56 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

Cause that's how Uchiha show their love!! :zaru:

Well, doesn't do that.

#57 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

Sasuke is a selfish bastard whose entire life revolves around what he wants. Even after he's been "reformed", he leaves his wife and child at home to go out and do whatever. The guy learns nothing about accountability and does as he pleases throughout the entire series. To think that most of this manga has been revolved around glorifying him. Really pathetic.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#58 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

Because he is a selfish bastard that never cared about anyone expect himself. Just like Hinata.

Sure he have some bits and pieces of his dialog to suggest that he really values Naruto and Sakura but that doesn't really mean anything because his actions prove who he really is.

Actions speak louder than words. And in this case his actions show that he views people as tools in order for him to get what he wants. He doesn't care about Sakura or Naruto, he just cares about his own end game.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Well, doesn't do that.

Sarcasm.  :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#60 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

Sasuke is a selfish bastard whose entire life revolves around what he wants. Even after he's been "reformed", he leaves his wife and child at home to go out and do whatever. The guy learns nothing about accountability and does as he pleases throughout the entire series. To think that most of this manga has been revolved around glorifying him. Really pathetic.

Because he is a selfish bastard that never cared about anyone expect himself. Just like Hinata.

Sure he have some bits and pieces of his dialog to suggest that he really values Naruto and Sakura but that doesn't really mean anything because his actions prove who he really is.

Actions speak louder than words. And in this case his actions show that he views people as tools in order for him to get what he wants. He doesn't care about Sakura or Naruto, he just cares about his own end game.

Yes, yes, yes! SS was never sold or justified. In fact it was outright refuted by Sasuke (in his speech to Naruto) and Sakura (in her actions toward Naruto and reflections toward Sasuke). 

Sasuke is never redeemed, nor is it even hinted that he wants to be redeemed. And in the end, Naruto acknowledges that nothing was fixed or 'settled' between them. Sasuke still got off scot-free. And I feel like drawing him without an arm is some kind of pandering to the readers that he bore some kind of a wound. grrrr.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Sasuke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users