natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi everyone!glad to be part of ur community!i got a question;i recently had an argument with some naruhina fans that are claiming that madara called hinata narutos little missus on chapter 615 of shippuden .while its true that the translation was made by mangastream,on mangapanda madara says 'that little girl'.if someone doesnt know missus means wife.so which of this two tran slations are correct?cause to me madara saying that.makes no sense not only in the terms of logic,but also in the context

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

That was an error of translation.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

There was discussion about this in the #615 thread. I believe our Japanese to English translators said that the RAW read "little girl", not "little missus". MangaStream is known for altering dialogue, claiming that their changes make it "flow smoothly" in English, though they often end up changing the meaning, context, and they enjoy tossing around a curse word or two. (Plus they seem to be bias when it comes to pairings, but I'll save that discussion for another day.) That's why I don't read from them. MangaPanda is a more reliable source if you're looking for a translation that is close to what Kishimoto originally wrote.

#4 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

kitten. The real translation of that word is "little girl" or the more slanging "bobby-soxer".

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#5 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

That was a terrible translation, little girl and little missus are totally different. It must have really sucked for Hinas once they found out it was wrong. Like I would have been super pissed if there was a mistranslation of what Naruto said to Minato, like had he just said friend but it was translated to girlfriend, but that wasnt the case :)

Edited by Kster95, 26 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.

43iduct.jpg

#6 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

That was an error of translation.

Sure "an error" It's better to think that way. 

But seriously. If my memory is accurate, he said 小女 which means "young girl/ little girl" and there is no way to think it could means "little missus". means "young", "little" while means "woman", "girl". I believe it means young bride in chinese but absolutely not in japanese. 

it's just another whishful thinking from Nh fans, even if they know mangastream version is wrong, they still want to believe it's more accurate. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#7 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

I think madara said 'musume' in original japanese text, which only means little girl / young lady in this case.

@咲耶姫 : '小女' means a girl of a lower status in ancient china / it also means daughter / it's also how girls refer to themselves to a higher authority.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#8 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't think he said musume. I practically sure he said koonna. 

and yeah, I don't speak chinese so I don't know.

And now that you said it, it could be musume. I'm gonna check. 

#9 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I don't think he said musume. I practically sure he said koonna. 

and yeah, I don't speak chinese so I don't know.

And now that you said it, it could be musume. I'm gonna check. 

no, he says 小娘, which means, because Madara says it, "lassy", haha.

it has nothing to do with "wife". I don't even know what missus is.

The whole scene as "Upon receiving Naruto's power, the lassy became really powerful..."

Edited by megi, 26 November 2013 - 04:20 PM.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#10 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I tried to google translate '小娘' and it says "cat" in english xD

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#11 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

lol google

Sure Mangastream's translator could be a little biased NH fan if he did a such thing.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#12 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I tried to google translate '小娘' and it says "cat" in english xD

Hahaha, that's quite funny. It is in romaji, "ko musume", so, "little daughter", and it kinda has a slangy meaning of lassy, very fit for Madara haha.

GNS for life

#13 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I didn't find the raw, but I found the script and it says komusume 小娘 which means "young girl", "adolescent female"

Here's the script: 

http://blog.livedoor...s/22335619.html

#14 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sure "an error" It's better to think that way. 

But seriously. If my memory is accurate, he said 小女 which means "young girl/ little girl" and there is no way to think it could means "little missus". means "young", "little" while means "woman", "girl". I believe it means young bride in chinese but absolutely not in japanese. 

it's just another whishful thinking from Nh fans, even if they know mangastream version is wrong, they still want to believe it's more accurate. 

I remember that, but i could not find where the source was so i just said it was an "error" but i dont get where they got missus.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 26 November 2013 - 04:30 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#15 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

no, he says 小娘, which means, because Madara says it, "lassy", haha.

it has nothing to do with "wife". I don't even know what missus is.

The whole scene as "Upon receiving Naruto's power, the lassy became really powerful..."

Missus means wife. 

Me, I don't know what "lassy" means lol but I think young girl is also good in the context, no?

#16 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

I knew it .this was aded at the nh article on narutos couple wiki.i cant believe how biased the editors can be there.fortunately the admin who is also a nh fan,is not as biased and he removed it after i pointed it out.im also an editor at narusaku page there,the only active one unfortunately.this kind of false evidences can be troublesome bcuz its manipulative and missleading to the readers

#17 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, if anything, at the most clearest, and due to Madara's manner of speaking, the best translation is "little girl". as 六道 and slextrem had stated.

GNS for life

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

It feels like we still trying to give NH a chance from the past that is still override by 631. Yeah, this discussion has been dealt with.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Missus comment doesn't count, but lets see the point behind it. We can all agree thirdparties count now? Because I know many NH fans thinks they don't. Selective reading, you know?

Naruto ignored Kiba, but responded and agreed with Minato, Sai+several others. Naruto is such a simpleminded and blunt guy that it's much easier to take him by his words than putting effort in twisting them. Sometimes I don't understand.

NS thirdparties have a sense of foreshadowing too. It's more than just "They think Naruto likes Sakura". Since it has relevance to the plot, I think it matters. You can actually analyze it and make theories. I believe Kiba's comment was just Kiba being Kiba..just a comment with no deeper meaning behind it. Naruto is the deciding factor and could've made it more relevant, but chose not to because he doesn't see Hinata that way.

Rambling. opsi.  :sweat: In short, thirdparties alone has no relevance. It needs to be accompanied with Naruto's opinion and reaction to matter.

Maybe I got sidetracked here, but I used Kiba's comment because it has the same meaning. And because I find it really pointless to argue against a mistranslation. If anyone uses it in a debate, just say "mistranslation" and it's over.

ナルサク

#20 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, if anything, at the most clearest, and due to Madara's manner of speaking, the best translation is "little girl". as 六道 and slextrem had stated.

I have a question: 

小娘 means also "lass" and I saw in google translation that it's a synonym of "girlfriend", "sweetheart".

So? Is this an error or what? Because if not, we couldn't even counter the romantic aspect of NH argument. Even if we know it is "young girl" and not "girlfriend" meaning, they will take the girlfriend meaning. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 26 November 2013 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users