54175 replies to this topic

#53021 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:31 AM

Been over the ending for quite some time. The mediocrity and idiocy throughout the Shounen industry in general has made me more and apathetic to how far these mangaka/editors gut these shows of their potential.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#53022 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:06 AM

Has Hinata canonically won a single fight onscreen? If not, how is she more useful than Sakura again?

Against a juubi minion. Though that was when everyone was showing off and at least killing one.

#53023 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:24 AM

she's not though sakura could defeat that juubi with one finger

#53024 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:50 AM

In summary: Sakura defeats an Akatsuki member and is the series staple white mage = Useless

Hinata defeats random Juubi fodder in a single panel and literally accomplishes nothing else of value: OMFG TEH BEST FEMALE CHARACTER EVER EVER!!!

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 23 March 2021 - 03:51 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#53025 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:21 AM

I have a question since it's been 7 years... are you over the ending yet?

No, but I'm indifferent now. I left anime / manga since 6-7 years ago thanks to Naruto's ending, I haven't been reading anything new since then and pretty much dropped one piece / other ongoing mangas.

I drop by time to time just for the sake of proofing my hypothesis: going with NH/SS has killed this franchise. I'm glad it's proven to be the case and I'm glad it tarnishes Kishimoto's reputation in the long run.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#53026 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:20 PM

Lady of War... kittening lol. She TRIPPED over a ROCK.

She's not a lady of war hell with the way she acts she'd never make in a war if anything she'd be the first one killed cause in war you can't hesistate at all it's either them or you and they won't hesitate

I don't know who the hell gave her that trope because she isn't any Lady of War. She doesn't even qualify, plus the rock tripping was not the only reason. That trope should be assigned to Tsunade as she fit the bill.

or kushina since she was around in the third great ninja war and maybe the other rookies mom's and sakura would be a lady of war

It basically has to be someone trying to make Hinata sound tougher than she's meant to be, which is one thing I hate for most websites. As soon as I read that stuff Ble shared, I was like "kitten, please!"

Nothing will make hinata sound touger since her character isn't like that

Her general lack of composure and competence is the problem. On the surface, she could technically be one if she acted more dignified. And was a good fighter.

I think an even better example than Tsunade would be Konan.

Yes tsunade and konan know of war having been through it 

I've said it before but she really isn't good at fighting. She has a very flight (or cower) or fight nature to her. When she chooses 'fight,' she tends to just charge over and over thinking, NARUTO-KUUUN!!! Lady of war are suppose to have an elegance during a fight she lacks.

Right at least sakura was thinking of others and not just naruto or sasuke 

And a lot of times when Hinata chooses to fight, Naruto is the reason why more than not.

Naruto is the only reason hinata fights or anything to do with her character it's always naruto and no one else

#53027 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:22 PM

Has Hinata canonically won a single fight onscreen? If not, how is she more useful than Sakura again?

no she hasn't and footsoilders don't count at all since there cannon fodder like the puddies or shadow heartless as examples

Against a juubi minion. Though that was when everyone was showing off and at least killing one.

yep it's not that impressive til sakura took out a bunch

#53028 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:49 PM

Hinata got one-shotted by accident. She is a walking ha-ha. A joke.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#53029 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:34 AM

Pretty much

#53030 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:58 AM

She also tripped over a rock

#53031 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:20 AM

she might as well had just finished herself off after that one.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#53032 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:46 AM

she might as well had just finished herself off after that one.

She can only finish herself off to thoughts of Naruto-kun's extra warm hand lol.

#53033 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 05:27 AM

Let’s not forget, she is a “neutral female” waiting to be rescued and does nothing among the action unless “she creams herself” thinking of Naruto-kun!!! Forget lady of war, she’s barely a functional ninja as is. Hey, I’m only stating what the manga showed me and the Anime fillers did next to nothing to change that opinion. Am I wrong?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53034 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:02 PM

Let’s not forget, she is a “neutral female” waiting to be rescued and does nothing among the action unless “she creams herself” thinking of Naruto-kun!!! Forget lady of war, she’s barely a functional ninja as is. Hey, I’m only stating what the manga showed me and the Anime fillers did next to nothing to change that opinion. Am I wrong?

and she did that with her dead cousin body a few feet away from her ya great lady of war

#53035 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 March 2021 - 05:33 PM

Ill requote my thoughts on hinata 

For me Hinatas character is a simple fix

1: give her motivations beyond Naruto and her love for him

2: Have her accomplish something beyond just being background or a plot device

3: at the end have her let go of naruto and move on from a childish love. have her ackowledge Narutos feelings for Sakura and in the context of her own feelings move forward

the first is the biggest as it stands now the character is utterly irrelevant to the story. there isnt a single moment you have her in that she couldnt be replaced by another character to the same or greater emotional effect.  

Give her plot points that represent who she is as a character beyond her crush and  that let her stand on her own mertis without naruto

*Lead her clan into the future

*surpass Hanabi as heir and in skill

*find her fathers approval

*Live up to nejis legacy and sacrafice if such occurred

these all give her motivation beyond Naruto and let her stand on her own as a character

the 2nd is in reference to her many moments basically accounting to nothing. Such as her moment in the Itachi hunt where she sees kabuto had orochimarus DNA in him, this couldve been a big sequence of events where she and naruto spoke to each other and she could confirm her feelins or let Naruto confirm feelings for her OR Sakura either way but instead shes there soley to confirm with her magic eyes that Kabuto is different something any generic Hyuga couldve done with the same ability

shes essentially useless in the moment

same with her confession or the proud lose speech both pivotal moments of growth for naruto but both inevitable ending in being nothing more then minor footnote moments for her as again she could be replaced with another character to the same or greater emotional effect

Lee or Iruka or Sakura couldve delivered the proud loser speech 

Sakura or Iruka couldve confessed feelings towards him as love or familial bonds before Pein harmed them to even greater emotional effect at the time

make hinatas moments meaningful make them moments of character growth or development by following them up with conversation or a brief moment of introspection'

3: As in my head Canon and the Canon of the In your storylines Hinata must let go and move on, theres a dojin of this very subject i cant remember its name though but in the end one panel stood out it was Hinata walking away from naruto and Sakura while her yoingerself runs towards them. this image always stuck with me and i adopted it as the image of my own story 

Hinata in the end confessing to naruto but admitting shes lost to Sakura before walking away from her crush on naruto is the pinnacle of growth for her letting go of the obsessive love and growing up. We dont always get our crush in the end we have to be adults and live our lives while hoping the one we love does well and is happy. She does this lets her younger self run off but she moves on

Let Hinata grow up let her become a young lady instead of a little girl hiding behing a telephone pole all the time. 

long story short theres multiple easy steps to fix Hinatas character that dont involve assassinating others in the process and leave her with viable plot elements and potential for future story elements all while wrapping her story up neatly

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53036 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:31 PM

Ill requote my thoughts on hinata 

Well said! And all of it is so viable as well as leading up to a better story

#53037 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:54 PM

3: As in my head Canon and the Canon of the In your storylines Hinata must let go and move on, theres a dojin of this very subject i cant remember its name though but in the end one panel stood out it was Hinata walking away from naruto and Sakura while her yoingerself runs towards them. this image always stuck with me and i adopted it as the image of my own story 

There's the NH (as in NejiHina... which was probably the intended ship) doujinshi called Terrace where that happens:

d65x4iy-ce9d34e3-019d-4469-a21d-f54c6811

But naw it was better and more beautiful for Hinata to win while Sakura is alone forever ofc. She did hit Naruto those 3 times.

#53038 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:45 PM

I have a question since it's been 7 years... are you over the ending yet?

It doesn't bother me as much, but if it's mentioned I make sure to state clearly how bad the ending was, not only pairing, as a story in general that is one of the worst endings. Bleach ending doesn't help either as both stories were things that I grew-up with, and both had unsatisfying endings and pairing in the end.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 24 March 2021 - 10:58 PM.

#53039 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:39 PM

There's the NH (as in NejiHina... which was probably the intended ship) doujinshi called Terrace where that happens:

d65x4iy-ce9d34e3-019d-4469-a21d-f54c6811

But naw it was better and more beautiful for Hinata to win while Sakura is alone forever ofc. She did hit Naruto those 3 times.

Terrace yep that the one

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53040 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:44 PM

Been awhile that I posted here.

What is that status of Kishi after his Samurai sci-fi got axed? Any interviews of interest?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users