• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 paranoid_flake

paranoid_flake

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

I was scrolling through tumblr and saw posts about Naruto and Sakura's friendship moments in Boruto i.e. Naruto recalling Sakura while smiling, recounting her strengths to others etc.

If there were more of these moments, would it seem like our analysis of the relationship in Naruto is vindicated or would it be even more bitter of what could have been a great dynamic and future instead of the steaming pile of horse manure we have now with the next generation?

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Welcome! :wave:

Well my opinion of it is that it is nostalgia bait to TRY bring back in the fans that they alienated from the franchise. I mean really, do you see the desperation in the writing? They flipped around Sakura and Hinata's character traits which ADMITS their guilt in a sense. They turned Hinata into a "no nonsense scary mom" earlier and recently they had Sakura faint when Sasuke comes home. Do you see the hypocrisy there?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

I haven't seen alot of Boruto because I found it to be really crappy. Anyone got screens of these moments?

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

I was scrolling through tumblr and saw posts about Naruto and Sakura's friendship moments in Boruto i.e. Naruto recalling Sakura while smiling, recounting her strengths to others etc.

If there were more of these moments, would it seem like our analysis of the relationship in Naruto is vindicated or would it be even more bitter of what could have been a great dynamic and future instead of the steaming pile of horse manure we have now with the next generation?

I saw some.

There even scenes of Ino telling Sakura how Naruto was crazy about her to which she blushes and gets flustered about. They also have the  moments of Naruto looking at Sakura and Salad like he wishes that was his family instead of what he has.

It's like EVERYONE in the entire damn Naruto universe knows that Sakura and Naruto should have gotten together. Even Sasuke knows it which is why he is always away...even Hinata knew it, but her selfish nature made her want to get rid of Sakura.

Why? Why why why why why did NH had to be the final couple? Why were people so obsessed that this couple had to happen or bust? Naruto and Sakura are so much more of a couple and they are so well together.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

I've seen these moments, and how they're even aware of the fact that Naruto and Sakura like each other almost to the point of breaking the fourth wall. On the one hand it's definitely a tease but maybe it could be showing something? Like I dunno, maybe it could be foreshadowing as later on they might have them get together by having them both get a divorce or maybe they're alone one night and "things" happen. Problem with that theory however, is that that would imply that the people behind Boruto are good at writing, which-as they have proven-they are not. And honestly, even if they did do that would that save the series as it has become? I honestly don't know

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

There are a few moments like that in the Boruto anime, from what I have heard they started to happen a lot after I stopped watching. The reason for it is simple; bait. Think on this; SP has two anime right now the very popular in Japan manga Black Cover that just got an SD spin off manga, and Boruto. Now recently those two anime switched time-slots BC used to have the major time slot on Thursday right after Pokemon, and Boruto used to have a time-slot where a previous SP anime was cancel due to low ratings. So, either Black Clover was so successful they felt comfortable giving Boruto the better time-slot, or their anime adaption of BC failed so hard that they needed to switch to save money. Either way they need Boruto to get ratings in order to stay on. Now the staff especially the animation department may be full of Hinata fanatics, but they still have to make money. Anyways they already "won" by getting nH. So a few a NS scenes, and BS that is NS-like to draw in some of the old Japanese fans to boost rating is both required, while no skin off their nose. Anyways they already made that clone that they clearly want to end up with Bolt. Any focus on SS, Sakura, or Salad is just to boost ratings.

#7 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

I've seen these moments, and how they're even aware of the fact that Naruto and Sakura like each other almost to the point of breaking the fourth wall. On the one hand it's definitely a tease but maybe it could be showing something? Like I dunno, maybe it could be foreshadowing as later on they might have them get together by having them both get a divorce or maybe they're alone one night and "things" happen. Problem with that theory however, is that that would imply that the people behind Boruto are good at writing, which-as they have proven-they are not. And honestly, even if they did do that would that save the series as it has become? I honestly don't know

Boruto is still a show for kids. I doubt this would ever happen

#8 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

There are a few moments like that in the Boruto anime, from what I have heard they started to happen a lot after I stopped watching. The reason for it is simple; bait. Think on this; SP has two anime right now the very popular in Japan manga Black Cover that just got an SD spin off manga, and Boruto. Now recently those two anime switched time-slots BC used to have the major time slot on Thursday right after Pokemon, and Boruto used to have a time-slot where a previous SP anime was cancel due to low ratings. So, either Black Clover was so successful they felt comfortable giving Boruto the better time-slot, or their anime adaption of BC failed so hard that they needed to switch to save money. Either way they need Boruto to get ratings in order to stay on. Now the staff especially the animation department may be full of Hinata fanatics, but they still have to make money. Anyways they already "won" by getting nH. So a few a NS scenes, and BS that is NS-like to draw in some of the old Japanese fans to boost rating is both required, while no skin off their nose. Anyways they already made that clone that they clearly want to end up with Bolt. Any focus on SS, Sakura, or Salad is just to boost ratings.

It makes no sense for a Shounen to have moments for 2 people in marriages with other people. Usually they would be building up those relationships, but from what I've heard both marriages are still in terrible shape.

#9 paranoid_flake

paranoid_flake

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:23 AM

I have tried to watch Boruto but the characters are just not as developed as in the beginning of Naruto, and that is saying something considering Kishimoto is not a strong writer. I just finished the first 2 volumes of Naruto, so my memory is fresh to compare.

I do like that Naruto and Sakura still have a good friendship in the series, because I liked them for that. It did not need contrived plots and manufactured drama for a "relationship" to materialise.

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:42 AM

It makes no sense for a Shounen to have moments for 2 people in marriages with other people. Usually they would be building up those relationships, but from what I've heard both marriages are still in terrible shape.

They are never going to divorce their spouses. So, them thinking of each other is no threat to nH, since they only going to say they are close friends, and again it's bait for ratings or hints for BS. This is suppose to be trying to draw in young kids. By having Naruto and Sakura think positively of each other it make the kids more supportive of BS. If they become invested in that more rating, and they don't lose their jobs. 

Now I admit I do not have any of their rating numbers or demographic breakdowns, but I can't see it doing that well. For one it relies too much on the original cast. Two the original only ended a few years ago, and if a kid's parents don't like Naruto the kid is going to be influence by that and not watch it; if the kid hasn't already watched the original. Three the anime is not that good. Four it has too much competition that is already more popular then it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 April 2022 - 02:25 PM.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

I have tried to watch Boruto but the characters are just not as developed as in the beginning of Naruto, and that is saying something considering Kishimoto is not a strong writer. I just finished the first 2 volumes of Naruto, so my memory is fresh to compare.

I do like that Naruto and Sakura still have a good friendship in the series, because I liked them for that. It did not need contrived plots and manufactured drama for a "relationship" to materialize.

Kishimoto is good at first impression of a character, but once the initial story is done with. Unless the character interests Kishi somehow; the character is done.

The problem with the new cast is that there is not that much too them: The Blond Sai; the slightly stoic boy that doesn't think much of the main character, Shikamaru's Green Eyed Son; Main character's lazy best friend, The Fat Black Ino; the joke character that thinks she is hot when she is not, Nerdy Train Boy; the weakling the main character befriends early on to show the main character's good protective nature, The Clone of HInata; shy love interest also she is class president, Lee Come Again;  Lee comes again, The Idiotic Tough Guy Repeater; the strong dumb guy that the main character befriends by beating him up early on, Snake Sai; literally exist to kiss Bolt's ass, Sakura 2.0; the tsundere love interest, Two Tone hair Sasuke with a tattoo; who will be the best friend/rival become main hero's greatest enemy, and a Brattier Whinier Naruto; who is easily one of the worst shounen protagonist I have ever seen. They are clones of the original series characters, and shounen stereotypes with no personality beyond what is within the stereotype.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 April 2022 - 02:27 PM.

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if a third writer picks up Boruto later down the road because Ikemoto...or whoever...drops the series and they completely rechange the canon story again? Like having a scene where HInata dies and all of a sudden the illusion ends? How funny would that be? Not saying it would happen, but since these writers love changing Naruto, wouldn't it be nice if someone took over and they completely wanted to get the series back on the real track?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if a third writer picks up Boruto later down the road because Ikemoto...or whoever...drops the series and they completely rechange the canon story again? Like having a scene where HInata dies and all of a sudden the illusion ends? How funny would that be? Not saying it would happen, but since these writers love changing Naruto, wouldn't it be nice if someone took over and they completely wanted to get the series back on the real track?

The theory that Boruto is the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be a neat twist to the story. 

#14 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

But the questions is , who can fix this train wreck? or who want to invest their resources (time and money) for this rotting invested maggot cow?

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#15 paranoid_flake

paranoid_flake

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

But the questions is , who can fix this train wreck? or who want to invest their resources (time and money) for this rotting invested maggot cow?

As someone who has started reading the manga proper and is a tad invested in the ongoings of early canon, it would take someone who has a newly discovered passion for the source material and in a position with resources and ability to do a new adaptation of the story. Rurouni Kenshin had a new adaptation of the Kyoto arc in 2011, and Hunter X Hunter had a full new series as well.

If they can change the ending for Rurouni Kenshin like it was done in the OVA, they can do it for other series, so it is not out of the realm of possibilities for an anime to take things in a different direction, especially if we only need to to redo say, the last 5 volumes of the manga.

#16 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Kenji

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#17 NaruSaku122

NaruSaku122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

The theory that Boruto is the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be a neat twist to the story. 

yeah it would be really cool but sadly that won't ever happen

#18 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:39 AM

Honestly, there’s very little chance of there being many interactions between them. Maybe we get a couple, but not much. It’s not going to be a romantic interaction because they’re married, obviously, but at least show some best friend moments between them. Just classic NaruSaku moments. It’s not much to ask of.

#19 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

I haven't seen any (lack the care of, lol). But I won't be surprised if there are such things teased.

As many pointed out, the objective is clear: to bring back NS fans who supported the series financially.

Look, it costs about USD 2 million to produce an average 13-episode anime season. Excluding promotion and advertisement.

Roughly it'll cost USD 154k to produce an episode.

The studio could've spent those budget to promote the existing pairings (SS/NH). Or any other topics that are more important. Why spending time, money and effort to tease NS?

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#20 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

I haven't seen any (lack the care of, lol). But I won't be surprised if there are such things teased.

As many pointed out, the objective is clear: to bring back NS fans who supported the series financially.

Look, it costs about USD 2 million to produce an average 13-episode anime season. Excluding promotion and advertisement.

Roughly it'll cost USD 154k to produce an episode.

The studio could've spent those budget to promote the existing pairings (SS/NH). Or any other topics that are more important. Why spending time, money and effort to tease NS?

So true. Except both marriage seems miserable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Narusaku, Boruto, Bittersweet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users