• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Which do you prefer more? Series with pairing wars that keep you guessing on the final pairing, or series that make the end couple so blindingly obvious it's impossible to have a pairing war?

I tend to like the more obvious ones myself. It avoids all of this needless bashing and threatening and so on.

Btw, how do I put 'polls' on these topics? I can't figure that out.

664086690_1145760.gif

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Unfortunately, sometimes even the more obvious ones can have the pairing wars occur. The question that is on my mind is....is NS an obvious pairing? Some say yes, some say no. I could argue that it is an obvious pairing, but yeah.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I prefer obvious pairing in every series.

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

@James
NS is oblivious since chapter 3.
I choose canon pairing.

#5 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

^ u mean obvious.

for me i'm mostly a shoujo type of reader and I'm pretty sick of love triangles, so i like the obvious more. however sometimes even obvious couples get pairing wars because of how 'unworthy' the heroine will look compared to the other girls -.- 

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think the pairing was always meant to be obvious. It's just the use of Hinata from fans' perspectives is what caused this in a wrong direction. When it comes down to it, the last NH actual moment of romance, whether there is only H or both, is the confession. Everything else is like "Well, just throw here and there and my canon pairing should be good to go." If Kishi kills off NH in this arc, which is highly likely, then no doubt NS is obvious to the max. You can't kill a potential pairing or a backup for Naruto not ending up with Sakura. That's why I said this arc is crucial for pairing war.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 27 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

@James
NS is oblivious since chapter 3.
I choose canon pairing.

Yeah, but look at Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aang and Katara were meant to be together since the beginning and the creators backed this up in many interviews yet there is always those people that refused to accept it or even said the creators were BSing.

Same thing in Harry Potter with Harry/Ginny vs Harry/Hermione.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 October 2013 - 01:07 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, but look at Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aang and Katara were meant to be together since the beginning and the creators backed this up in many interviews yet there is always those people that refused to accept it or even said the creators were BSing.

Same thing in Harry Potter with Harry/Ginny vs Harry/Hermione.

Ah Harry Potter the pair I thought that was going to happen was HarryxHermione though I really only watched the films at that point when the movies were over I read the books I could see then why RonxHerminoe happened. Funny this was the only time I think I got a pair wrong.

I must admit I never understood how Zutara was the popular pair. I knew Kataang was goanna happen since the fortune teller episode and the love cave made it even more obvious. In fact when I first saw Zutara fanart I thought what is this must be crack (though back then I didn't know what shipping or it terms were or meant).

Anyway I think when you are looking at something that has been adapted like Harry Potter books to Movies or Naruto manga to anime it's best to look at the original source. Reason because the adaptation my give you the wrong idea. 

#9 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I guess I can enjoy either. Sometimes ambiguity can be fun with the whole couples thing.

On the other hand, having an obvious, clear, pairing right from the start can be nice. Like in Shaman King with Yoh and Anna, the two are practically a couple right from the start, no real question about it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#10 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think the pairing was always meant to be obvious. It's just the use of Hinata from fans' perspectives is what caused this in a wrong direction. When it comes down to it, the last NH actual moment of romance, whether there is only H or both, is the confession. Everything else is like "Well, just throw here and there and my canon pairing should be good to go." If Kishi kills off NH in this arc, which is highly likely, then no doubt NS is obvious to the max. You can't kill a potential pairing or a backup for Naruto not ending up with Sakura. That's why I said this arc is crucial for pairing war.

NS was never meant to be canon on the begining proof is that on the interview at the end of part 1 someome asked if he would make a pairing canon, then he said that he never though of it implying he would make an open ending then in the end he said "maybe" "i'll make one canon."

Then after it on part 2 we got a kittenload of NS on the begining.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 27 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

NS was never meant to be canon on the begining proof is that on the interview at the end of part 1 someome asked if he would make a pairing canon, then he said that he never though of it implying he would make an open ending then in the end he said "maybe" "i'll make one canon."

Then after it on part 2 we got a kittenload of NS on the begining.

Actually when asked about unrequited love cases, Kishi said he will resolve one between Naruto Sakura Lee and Hinata. Guess which one. ;)

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

The thing is after part 1 ended, Kishi could have played a safe road and just make friendships developments for Naruto and Sakura, but he went far as to romance. Sakura is doing the tossing questions at the audience while Naruto is already been in written in stone. The draw the line was arguably the beginning of part 2 or Sai/Sasuke arc. In many other shounens, he could have just keep it steady at friendships and lots of them do that, but if you have characters doing more than that, then you're in a different zone altogether.

Another way to play the safe route is to have one character being oblivious and the other one showing possible love for the character though it can be done in normal casual way rather than a serious moment. The problem with Naruto is that while he is oblivious, he does in fact loves Sakura, so that's like 50% done. As for Sakura, her moments should not even happen with Naruto but they are. She has gotten normal and serious moments with Naruto, so now, it's far too late to back out from this. Back out and fans would be disappointed. The least damage you can do is to have the love interest to grow fond of the protagonist, but don't go deep with them as in something a movie would tackle on. So pretty much, the damage is done.

#13 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would say I definitely tend to go for the pairings I feel are obvious. I have a pretty good eye for choosing which pairing in a series will most likely be canon, because it's really not hard to figure out if you know what to look for and I am always surprised when people go for such pairings as NaruHina or Zutara, as they never even occurred to me before I discovered the fandoms. I don't have a problem with people having different preferences, but to be absolutely convinced that those kinds of parings will happen, kind of stumps me .

Unfortunately, sometimes even the more obvious ones can have the pairing wars occur. The question that is on my mind is....is NS an obvious pairing? Some say yes, some say no. I could argue that it is an obvious pairing, but yeah.

I believe it to be an obvious pairing, but the whole love triangle thing seems to easily confuse a lot of readers, even though it really shouldn't. It's been done so much in literature and I find is generally very easy to predict.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

The love triangle isn't as fleshed as shoujo or romance stories because in here, Sasuke has no love being shown and love triangle usually have all links connected, so this one is actually easier to notice the obvious pairing.

#15 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

There are expectations and sometimes I enjoy either of them, but..

Obvious pairings in a shounen is usually best, like YuYu Hakusho. The romance doesn't interfere with the main plot and the readers know what to focus on.

In a Shojo, the pairings should be less obvious.

ナルサク

#16 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

There are expectations and sometimes I enjoy either of them, but..

Obvious pairings in a shounen is usually best, like YuYu Hakusho. The romance doesn't interfere with the main plot and the readers know what to focus on.

In a Shojo, the pairings should be less obvious.

Oh! Yu Yu Hakusho is a great example! Jeez why didn't I think of that.

Yeah with that, the Yusuke x Keiko stuff was all handled very well, knew it was going to happen in the end, no drama, got to focus on the major story arcs. That series was so well done.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#17 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Didn't those series just confirm it before it goes anywhere else? They're there to solidfy that the series will be action ride. But yeah, it does help because well not only the story can focus on the plot but so as the audience. The audience don't need to create another pairing. Then again, wasn't there Boton (forgot how you spell it) fanfic anyway? I guess you can never escape romance from any shape or form.

#18 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Actually when asked about unrequited love cases, Kishi said he will resolve one between Naruto Sakura Lee and Hinata. Guess which one. ;)

Actually i would ask for the source at least because i remember he was asked on this but he said that he wasnt thinking on making a canon pairing which later he said that he maybe will do at least one.

I actually hope i'm wrong though but i dont find the source and that's what i remember of it.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 27 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#19 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Actually i would ask for the source at least because i remember he was asked on this but he said that he wasnt thinking on making a canon pairing which later he said that he maybe will do at least one.

I actually hope i'm wrong though but i dont find the source and that's what i remember of it.

If I will find the picture, I'll link it to you

Found it

SJ_magazine.jpg

Edited by Chatte, 27 October 2013 - 04:13 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#20 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

You know I wonder if most fans go against the obvious pairs to because thy don't won't it to be obvious or just because they have to defy were the series is going or what the creator wants?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users