• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9679 replies to this topic

#9641 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 3 2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they either want to ship sasusaku in spite of in manga canon Sasuke has absolutely no interest in Sakura, never has and never will, or it's an excuse to bash Sakura. That's the only reasons I've seen. The problems with naruhina and sasusaku are the same- both were always one sided and always will be one sided. And sasusaku isn't going to happen. Sakura doesn't find her remnants of feelings about Sasuke a good thing, it makes her feel sick and ashamed that she wasn't able to achieve what she believed she had- removing all feelings whatsoever about Sasuke- even the team mate bond. Sakura faced the reality that bonds aren't so easy to break, in yet again, the most painful way of any character in the manga. Naruhina isn't going to happen because Naruto "just isn't into" Hinata. Plus Hinata has just as illusionary an image of Naruto still, as Sakura had of Sasuke in early part 1.

Only narusaku is mutual love, and that's been the truth all along. Sakura semiconscously had romantic feelings for Naruto in part 1 and consciously in part 2. Naruto has consciously loved Sakura since the beginning. A pattern that is echoed with Jiraiya and Tsunade and Minato and Kushina.

Oh, and the answer to the question of why has Kishimoto given Sakura the most painful path to love is- to show how strong she is. She faces emotional devastation after emotional devastation- cries, then comes back stronger. It's right in the 3rd databook- "There is a saying that cherry blossoms are beautiful because they turn all sadness and hardship into nourishment." Sakura shows that through her intense empathy and compassion for others- we see this even way back in early part 1 including for Naruto himself- multiple times, for Inari, etc...

Give that lady a prize biggrin.gif
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#9642 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 4 2012, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When was the second time?

While I don't disagree, Naruto is right now so firm in his belief of her dedication to Sasuke that I don't think he'll do anything until he's convinced that is not true. That's why I think she'll make the move.

Naruto had her say it a second time at the start of chapter 469. Actually she said it more than twice in that encounter. (469-70)

No, I'm sure Naruto got it that Sakura is in love with him during that encounter. He seemed to be perfectly able to accept that Sakura could be in love with himself as well as Sasuke. It was Sakura's firm belief that she had rid herself of any feelings for Sasuke whatsoever, that Naruto was telling her that she was lying to herself about.

Naruto also sure looked to be accepting that Sakura is in love with him now when Sai confronted Naruto about that in 474, he just insisted on Sakura's feelings about Sasuke- that he had observed when she was 12. Note the difference in his mental image of Sakura during that conversation- when Sai talks about Sakura's feelings Naruto, he sees Sakura as she is now. When Naruto speaks insistently of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, Naruto sees Sakura as her 12 year old self, he doesn't even see her as she was at 13 when he made the Promise of a Lifetime to her. And note Sai's firm words made that 12 year Sasuke fangirl Sakura mental image shatter in Naruto's head. That's as significant as Sakura seeing 12 year old Sasuke in her head when she freezes up, not being able to stab Sasuke in the back. those past images point to memories of emotional bonds. While when Sakura thinks of Sasuke now it makes her feel ashamed of herself and sick that she failed in removing any trace of those emotional bonds to Sasuke.

Naruto and Sakura's interactions immediately after his rescue of her from Sasuke have a vibe of mutual intimacy between them. And Naruto's mental image of Sakura when he thinks of introducing her and the rest of his age peers to his mother reinforces he's aware of her feelings for him.

The confession, as fumbling as it was, did achieve two things Sakura wanted it to- to free Naruto from that wall he had made around doing anything to show his feelings for Sakura, and to let him know she loves him too. That tends to point to Naruto finally making a move in part 2, and Sakura responding positively. (like the vibe we saw between them when he rescued her from Sasuke.) The long awaited Naruto finally kissing Sakura's forehead scene is a definite possibility...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#9643 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I am really looking forward for a moment when naruto tells her that he was the one who talked about her forehead!!!

I am also thinking that i will fly to JAPAN AND KICK KISHI IN HIS BALLS IF HE PUT ANOTHER THING OF SAKURA THINKING ABOUT SASUKE!! I mean he develops her character and boom brings it back down to sasuke fangirl!!

And i don't know why narutopedia has a problem with narusaku!! they kep on saying naruto has long awaited crush on sakura!! I was like wtf what are u SS AND NH i want to be a mod and change evry pesky changes you do to make people believe that naruto don't love sakura and sakura can never love naruto!!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#9644 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 4 2012, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am really looking forward for a moment when naruto tells her that he was the one who talked about her forehead!!

I still don't see how it's such a big deal, to be honest. headscratch.gif
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#9645 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 4 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still don't see how it's such a big deal, to be honest. headscratch.gif

Because Sakura has always been insecure about her forehead when she's younger where all the other girls made fun of her for that. The fact that Naruto transformed to Sasuke, and then saying that she has a charming forehead made her more in love with Sasuke when in fact it was Naruto who said it. So if she find out the truth, she will realize that it has always been Naruto who liked her for who she is, every since the beginning of the manga. Its a parallel to Minato liking Kushina's red hair when she was ridiculed for it before.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9646 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 4 2012, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am really looking forward for a moment when naruto tells her that he was the one who talked about her forehead!!!

I am also thinking that i will fly to JAPAN AND KICK KISHI IN HIS BALLS IF HE PUT ANOTHER THING OF SAKURA THINKING ABOUT SASUKE!! I mean he develops her character and boom brings it back down to sasuke fangirl!!

It's possable there might be a scene that SasuSaku fans will call a moment for them, but I think that it will only be a brife though that Naruto might save Sasuke but I don't see it going any farther then that. And that is only if Itachi can talk Sasuke into some semblance of sanity before they get Kabuto to release Edo Tensei other then that I don't think so.

I think that by the time Naruto fights Sasuke, Sakura will have absolutely no romantic feelings for Sasuke what so ever (actually I think Sakura has absolutely no romantic feelings for Sasuke now, but I thought the same thing before chapter 540 so I might be wrong).

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9647 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 4 2012, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Sakura has always been insecure about her forehead when she's younger where all the other girls made fun of her for that. The fact that Naruto transformed to Sasuke, and then saying that she has a charming forehead made her more in love with Sasuke when in fact it was Naruto who said it. So if she find out the truth, she will realize that it has always been Naruto who liked her for who she is, every since the beginning of the manga. Its a parallel to Minato liking Kushina's red hair when she was ridiculed for it before.

Yeah, but in hindsight, after everything else that has happened and everything else he has done for her, I don't see why that should be the straw that breaks the camel's back (or whatever the positive version of that would be). I just find it strange that all of the valiance he has displayed up to this point has given her mixed feelings and romantic confusion, but that simple sentiment could sell her on the whole thing. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'm a bit of a romantic, but I can't say I've ever "understood a woman's heart," as Jiraiya would put it. Maybe I just don't want to know. lol
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#9648 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's possable there might be a scene that SasuSaku fans will call a moment for them, but I think that it will only be a brife though that Naruto might save Sasuke but I don't see it going any farther then that. And that is only if Itachi can talk Sasuke into some semblance of sanity before they get Kabuto to release Edo Tensei other then that I don't think so.

I think that by the time Naruto fights Sasuke, Sakura will have absolutely no romantic feelings for Sasuke what so ever (actually I think Sakura has absolutely no romantic feelings for Sasuke now, but I thought the same thing before chapter 540 so I might be wrong).

if something on behalf of sasuke comes towards sakura then I think NS will definitely become delusional and crack coz i know we all NS shippers want to believe that sakura was telling truth in confession and chapter 540 was nothing but she was sad becz she loved sasuke once but it has not been totally proven that she don't like sasuke anymore just like it has not be proven in recent chapters whether naruto has changed his feelings towards sakura or not!!!

I can only see one more moment of sasusaku if Kishi has really lost his mind and going for sasusaku in the end. I mean putting so many hints on behalf of sakura was already a bad thing for NS and if their is one more from sakura it will definitely make NS suffer more, moreover if sasuke shows some feelings towards sakura(which i can't see happening until the very end, if it has to happen) then NARUSAKU WILL GO CRACK FOR SURE!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

The next moment has to be a big narusaku to balance things out or move it in direction of narusaku!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#9649 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 4 2012, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but in hindsight, after everything else that has happened and everything else he has done for her, I don't see why that should be the straw that breaks the camel's back (or whatever the positive version of that would be). I just find it strange that all of the valiance he has displayed up to this point has given her mixed feelings and romantic confusion, but that simple sentiment could sell her on the whole thing. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'm a bit of a romantic, but I can't say I've ever "understood a woman's heart," as Jiraiya would put it. Maybe I just don't want to know. lol

It's not that she'll love Naruto just because he likes her forehead. That is just the final piece of the puzzle in a long list of things that Naruto is that brings joy to Sakura's life.

I'm sure that it's a huge deal for a girl to find a guy that tells her that he loves a part of her that she previously thought of as her worst quality.

#9650 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 4 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that she'll love Naruto just because he likes her forehead. That is just the final piece of the puzzle in a long list of things that Naruto is that brings joy to Sakura's life.

I'm sure that it's a huge deal for a girl to find a guy that tells her that he loves a part of her that she previously thought of as her worst quality.

Then if that's the case, Naruto hit the jackpot. Guessing at something like that would be dangerous business. lol "Hey, I really like your...eh...uh....um....eyebrows? *braces for impact*"

#9651 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Basically, the forehead scene should be able to remove any doubts and launch the relationship.

#9652 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 4 2012, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically, the forehead scene should be able to remove any doubts and launch the relationship.

What doubts?

#9653 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 4 2012, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if something on behalf of sasuke comes towards sakura then I think NS will definitely become delusional and crack coz i know we all NS shippers want to believe that sakura was telling truth in confession and chapter 540 was nothing but she was sad becz she loved sasuke once but it has not been totally proven that she don't like sasuke anymore just like it has not be proven in recent chapters whether naruto has changed his feelings towards sakura or not!!!

I can only see one more moment of sasusaku if Kishi has really lost his mind and going for sasusaku in the end. I mean putting so many hints on behalf of sakura was already a bad thing for NS and if their is one more from sakura it will definitely make NS suffer more, moreover if sasuke shows some feelings towards sakura(which i can't see happening until the very end, if it has to happen) then NARUSAKU WILL GO CRACK FOR SURE!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

The next moment has to be a big narusaku to balance things out or move it in direction of narusaku!

I think any scene with Sasuke and Sakura in it will only be romantic in the mind of rabid SasuSaku/NaruHina fans and will be completely platonic to anyone who has even an ounce of common sense.

Also I don't think that there will be any big NaruSaku moments until the end of the manga, but hopefully there will be few small ones in the meantime.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9654 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think any scene with Sasuke and Sakura in it will only be romantic in the mind of rabid SasuSaku/NaruHina fans and will be completely platonic to anyone who has even an ounce of common sense.

Also I don't think that there will be any big NaruSaku moments until the end of the manga, but hopefully there will be few small ones in the meantime.

well i don't think that theri won't be any NS moments till the end of manga. I mean their has to be some NS moments such as where naruto can tell hinata that he loves sakura and only caress for hinata as aclose friend and sakura also has to say something about her confession or something like that even if it is in mind coz if she says something to naruto only in end then it will be shock for many people like what happened to chapter 540 and chapter 573(hinata's thoughts) and her fake confession.

According to me their has to be some NS moments if kishi is really going for NS but if he is going for other pairings then i think their won't be need of any of them coz currently NS is already in bad position so what else does he needs to crush this pairing(we NS shippers ourselves are doubting about this pairing).

I can only see NS happening if
1. kishi don't give another thing where sakura is shown to stil llove sasuke
2. naruto clearly states to hinata that he thinks of her only as a friend and loves sakura
3. A big NS moment with sakura thinking of naruto in romantic way and that also not after sasuke dies(if he dies). I mean if she comes comes to naruto after sasuke dies i will be like *vomit*. Sakura was such a useless and selfish character, if she didn't get sasuke she came to naruto becoz she thought of naruto as a secong choice and substitute for sasuke

But i know if kishi has got brains he will end naruto with sakura!!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#9655 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But i know if kishi has got brains he will end naruto with sakura!!

Well, he's already proven himself as a capable storyteller. And there are only three ways this could logically end:

1) Naruto ends up with Sakura
2) Naruto dies
3) He does not resolve the pairing conflict, and leaves it open ended for another series.

Anything beyond these things would pretty much be the work of an amateur.

#9656 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

^ Agreed!

@lord287

Like I said before any scene with Sasuke and Sakura in to will only be romantic in the minds of the rabid SS and NH fans and any with even an ounce of common sense would be able to tell that it is totally platonic.

Also I can't see Hinata's confession being resolved until the end, right before NaruSaku becomes canon.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9657 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Agreed!

@lord287

Like I said before any scene with Sasuke and Sakura in to will only be romantic in the minds of the rabid SS and NH fans and any with even an ounce of common sense would be able to tell that it is totally platonic.

Also I can't see Hinata's confession being resolved until the end, right before NaruSaku becomes canon.

It does have to be addressed somehow. I mean, I know he will not end up with her, but I still like her. And to leave her hanging like that after she poured her heart out is just cold-blooded. It would be out of character for Naruto.

#9658 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

^ I'm not saying it doesn't have to be addressed, I'm just saying I don't see it being addressed until the end, mainly I don't see Naruto bringing it up until after the war.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9659 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ I'm not saying it doesn't have to be addressed, I'm just saying I don't see it being addressed until the end, mainly I don't see Naruto bringing it up until after the war.

Nor do I see him bringing up matters of love with Sakura until after the war. I mean, really, it's just not the time to consider these things. Hard to think on matters of the heart when you have kunai flying at you like a bladed rainstorm. lol

#9660 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

^ exactly a_thumbs.gif .

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users