King of Fighters XII - Hits the world in July

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Well... Mai or K' aren't confirmed yet...

But at least Elizabeth made it to the roster... and they bought back Mature?!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

It's a bit strange seeing Mature WITHOUT Vice. happy.gif;

Hopefully SNK will still unveil Mai and K'.

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Kotaku have just posted some graphics comparisons with the new and old KoF sprites.

KoF XII vs. Old KoFs

They're looking pretty good. happy.gif

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

Well some new looks and poses for characters, though I liked Mature's fighting pose from KOF98 onwards. SNK finally improved their artwork.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

They have improved it, indeed! Finally, after years of using the same sprites, SNK have added a fresh lick of paint to KOF.

I'm afraid I seem to be the bearer of bad news, Derock. It appears that Mature and Elizabeth are the only new additions, and the ESRB have already rated the game. They've said there are no suggestive themes and "no female fighters [that] wear clothing that exposes their posterior and cleavage". Which means no Mai, for obvious reasons.

Kotaku Article on ESRB rating

Oh well. sad.gif

#26 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Well, at least we have CUTE Athena-cha~~~~~n

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 14 2009, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They have improved it, indeed! Finally, after years of using the same sprites, SNK have added a fresh lick of paint to KOF.

I'm afraid I seem to be the bearer of bad news, Derock. It appears that Mature and Elizabeth are the only new additions, and the ESRB have already rated the game. They've said there are no suggestive themes and "no female fighters [that] wear clothing that exposes their posterior and cleavage". Which means no Mai, for obvious reasons.

Kotaku Article on ESRB rating

Oh well. sad.gif

Suck. SUCK!!! PHAIL!!! rawr.gif SNK, you should have done better than that. Now I'm may have to skip this title and hopefully wait for XIII because its the last of the Ash Storyline and hopefully, Mai, K' and others will be in.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

SNK released their sprite gallery for the game. I was amazed of seeing some animations. A jawdrop indeed th_confused0089.gif

So far only 5 characters are available to look at, including console characters Elizabeth and Mature.

http://kofaniv.snkpl...llery/index.php

Also there are sections on how SNK made the characters sprites and how they updated some characters like Terry into HD-resolution sprites. There's even a stage gallery.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

Is there anything says which characters are going to playable in the game? It would be sic if Rock was one of them.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:27 AM

So far are the ones who were playable in the arcade version:

Kyo
Iori
Ash
Terry
Ryo
Robert
Andy
Joe
Athena
Kensou
Shen
Duolon
Benimaru
Chin
Leona
Clark
Ralf
Daimon
Raiden
Kim

and console exclusives: Elizabeth and Mature

Hopefully more will be playable because SNK said the consoles will have at least 26 characters and 2 of them are hidden.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#31 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

Does anyone know if this game is confirmed for release in Europe? IT was originally announced as a worldwide release but I haven't heard anything about the UK release date, or even find a site that's taking pre-orders, so anyone have any idea what's happening there? My Madcatz Fightstick is screaming to play something other than Street Fighter.

iAnby7W.gif

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 11 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if this game is confirmed for release in Europe? IT was originally announced as a worldwide release but I haven't heard anything about the UK release date, or even find a site that's taking pre-orders, so anyone have any idea what's happening there? My Madcatz Fightstick is screaming to play something other than Street Fighter.

I think it comes out the same time as the US release.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

Well... here you go.

Mai not in KOF XII?

Edited by Cloud, 18 June 2009 - 12:31 AM.

#34 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

FAIL!!!! whats a kof game without mai...
thats like a streetfighter with-out ryu.
Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (deathworks @ Jun 18 2009, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FAIL!!!! whats a kof game without mai...
thats like a streetfighter with-out ryu.

They did that in the Arcade release of KOF XI. Although, we did have her in as a bonus character in her Neo-Geo Coliseum version for the console release.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#36 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

You might be interested to know that SNK have delayed the console versions of KOF XII. They said they wanted to "improve" the title (additional characters maybe?).

#37 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:54 AM

Well the game is out and the verdict is it. It's not a very good game. Oh sure the fighting itself is amazing. It's classic KOF gameplay at it's finest and the characters look awesome but then the good ends and the bad begins. There's no story mode in KOFXII. Now I may sound hypocritical because I'm a Virtua Fighter player and that barely has any story to speak of but to have a fighting game with absolutely no story is just not right. The arcade mode is nothing to write home about either. It's five matches and then it's over. Training mode is pretty much status quo. You can practice your moves against a training dummy opponent and that's pretty much it. Online could be awesome but it has it share of problems as well. You can fight online three ways. Fight against an opponent with a team of three, fight one on one battles, or take your best character and get thrown into a team of three with two other real players. This sounds all fine and well but good luck trying to find a lag free match. The netcode is complete garbage. My biggest complaint is the lack of characters. This game only has 22 characters in all. Considering that most KOF games have over 30+ characters to choose from, it feels like you've been cheated. There is also a big lack of areas to fight in, 5 to be exact. Bottomline, unless you're a die hard KOF/SNK fan, don't buy this game unless the price goes down to $20. Or better yet rent it for a weekend. My suggestion is to wait until KOF'98 Ultimate Match comes out on XBLA and PSN in a couple of weeks.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Aug 2 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My suggestion is to wait until KOF'98 Ultimate Match comes out on XBLA and PSN in a couple of weeks.

Uh, dude, that's been out. I have it already online. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#39 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 3 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, dude, that's been out. I have it already online. tongue.gif

Son of a b****! I need to buy that now!
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#40 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

Is KoFXII worth spending money on, I was raised playing Fighting games (Tekken 3 was my first game on the ps1), Fghting games are one of my favorite genres so I would like to know about this particular game, since I hear so much about it, Is it the next threat to Street fighters crown or just some lame game that was once great and now it's cr*p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users