In any other situation, they might have a point, but a few big issues occur.
1. If Hinata is abusive to Naruto, whether getting angry at him or being like her other self in Road to Ninja, they praise her as being independent. (They had no problem with Kushina being that way. They have no problem with Tsunade being that way. They have no problem with ANY other female character being that way except for Sakura.)
2. They have no problem with any other female character in any other manga/anime being the same aggressive nature or worse.
3. They still hate Sakura even when they have given her Hinata traits like being obsessive, bit kittens, shy and fainting personality, and more.
Which all leads back to the number 1 main reason why they hate Sakura: "Because Sakura is NOT Hinata." That's it. I don't really know how Hinata got so popular (we have "reasons," but some pro-enders I know hate Hinata-like characters in other anime like Orihime in Bleach), but because Sakura is NOT Hinata they hate her. They can switch their personalities, they can make them behave the same exact way, they can even switch looks, and STILL they will say Sakura is hated because she is not Hinata.
How do we know this?
Well, Hinata in Boruto has become flat-chested, useless, cares about nobody (not even her own kids), but Naruto, has some how developed a tsundere personality, and claimed she always had it....and they still praise her. Ask some pro-enders what they think of Orihime and Ichigo and they will say that Ichigo deserved to be with Rukia....who, in a general sense, is basically Sakura and Orihime is like Hinata. (That is if we go by character trope) (Rukia is flat-chested, abusive to Ichigo, and maybe even obsessive in some cases.)
So I am going to keep asking...WHY is Hinata so popular and Sakura so hated?
I truly think it has nothing to do with breasts or personalities or even character tropes. (Though these are things they like, they are not attributing factors) It has nothing to do with even how useful or useless they are because I bet you how many would say Orihime is useless?
No...I truly think it has to do with 2 major facts.
1. First impressions of Sakura and Hinata. Even 10 years down the line all they see is a lonely mistreated boy with one girl he likes treating him like kitten and the other girl he ignores that has this huge crush obsession over him. They obviously ignore the rest of the 600 chapters of development in favor of that first idealistic viewpoint even though that time, while was true, was only a brief reality in the story. They ignore all the development. They ignore all the changes and they ignore all the facts beyond it. They are stuck on that initial viewpoint. They don't even acknowledge Naruto's development if you think about it. They still see Naruto as that lonely boy that only Hinata truly sees.
Same thing with Bleach. The reason why Rukia is such a favorite or Ichigo is not because they believe she actually loves him, but rather because of those few first impressions scenes where they cared about each other regardless if it actually meant romantically. Rukia's past even enforces that she and Renji shared a childhood together and were really close. Something that Ichigo never had with Rukia. So, what does that mean nothing?
2. Sakura is NOT Hinata and she was a threat to their fantasy. It can be shown that you can turn Hinata exactly into Sakura and Sakura into Hinata and they will STILL hate her guts and love Hinata. Look at Road to Ninja for that very fact. Kishimoto purposely made Hinata into a complete and total man-wh0re bad-itch and they praised her even more. (Look how independant and sexy she is.) I remember when they said Ino's outfit was atrocious because she looked like a prostitute and yet Hinata's outfit in Road to Ninja was her being "so independent and strong." It is not the outfit they like or hate, but rather because Hinata was wearing it.
Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata. If it comes from her, it is a good thing. If it comes from any one else...they hate it and it is horrible. It is not what it is, it is where it was coming from. This is what makes them huge hypocrites.
If Sakura fails...she is useless. If Hinata fails, she is praised for trying.
If Sakura is obsessive...it is disgusting. If Hinata is obsessive, it is cute.
If Sakura is big boobed...she is oversexualized. If Hinata has big boobs she is beautiful.
If Sakura hits her child because she is bad, it is bad. If Hinata hits her kid if they were bad, it is discipline.
If Sakura faints "look how weak she is." If Hinata faints "she fought so hard to exhaustion."
If Sakura wears revealing clothing, she is a whore. If Hinata wears revealing clothing...she is independent expressive woman.
If Sakura saves Naruto's life wanting to promote his dream "She is doing her job." If Hinata nearly causes the death of Naruto because she wants Naruto to bone her..."She is expressing her true pure feelings."
If Sakura masters a class-S technique that very few could master. "She is so pathetic." If Hinata takes forever to learn even the most basic of her own clans techniques "Look how gifted she is." (She finally learned a technique that Neji mastered in part 1.)
It's what it is...it is who it is.
More proof is looking at their reactions to Boruto.
If Salad is supposedly "just like Sakura," then why isn't she hated? She is flat-chested, obsessed with Boruto, wears slutty clothing, and doesn't really add much to the plot, so why isn't Salad hated?
That is another weird logic.
They tell us Salad is Sasuke and Sakura's daughter. "She has both of their personalities. Especially Sakura's as you can see, so Salad is definitely Sakura's kid."
Boruto is just like Naruto. "Same personalities, again."
But when you bring up the idea that they actually think NaruSaku was a better pairing because they like Boruto and Salad better than Boruto and Sumire (who is basically Hinata 2.0. Big-boobs, loves Boruto, shy, and blah blah blah.)
They retort by saying "Well, Salad is actually more like Sasuke so BoruSa is basically a new age SNS."
See, the facts only matter when it fits THEIR agenda. Salad is Sakura's kid because she is more like Sakura than Sasuke...until they realize that it basically supports the idea that maybe they think NS and SK should have been canon if BS is an "ideal couple" then all of sudden she stops being Sakura's kid and becomes more Sasuke's kid.
Although, because this is becoming a realization, they support BoruSumi more now. If there is any hint of NS in any way being a "good thing," they abandon ship or abandon logic entirely. They want to have it both ways. Any negative connotation to NH and SS and a threat to the status quo of said pairings is deemed not worthy and thrown out.
I have seen this occur many of times. They would rather Salad not be Sakura's kid and compromise the sanctity of SS than admit that if BS is anything like NS, then they admit NS was a far better couple than NH.
The hypocrisy is strong with this one
(Not a real quote, but I love to make funny things.)
This picture basically sums up modern mainstream anime in a nutshell
EXACTLY. I have had this opinion for years And I will continue to bring it to my grave