Close
Photo

Warner Brothers to make a live action Bleach film?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

What do you think about Hollywood making another live action film based on a popular manga/anime series?

http://blog.reelloop...s-adapt-bleach/
Naruto Live action is here

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

I'll see myself out.

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

INB4 people complaining about Asians not being Casted
\

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

Being honest, these guys should actually take notes from Ben 10: Alien Swarm. Now THAT'S how you do a live-action adaptation from cartoons/animes!!!
Also, why don't they just do Gundam instead of this??? I for one, would die from a complete seizure due to major fangasm!!! geek.gif wow.png

Edited by Newkerz, 22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

Or you could do the more sensible thing and just not do it period.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Mar 22 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, why don't they just do Gundam instead of this??? I for one, would die from a complete seizure due to major fangasm!!! geek.gif wow.png

No.

Just leave the Gundam series out of this.

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

No... just plain. No.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

^ I'm with the rest that says no.

PS. I'm with cloud about Gundum being left out of this

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 22 March 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#9 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

Well I say it "could" be done right with the "right director" (key note, a director/producer who reads the manga, anime, and knows and will takes it to heart). They would obviously need to make Ichigo a grown man to make it more exciting and action pack instead of having a 15 year old kid (no offense to the younger members) similar to Ghost Rider or something of that nature.

#10 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

... This is a joke, right? After the absolute raping the movie industy has done to every other anime property, now they want to do it to one of the most popular shonen in the world?

Bankruptcy is go.

#11 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

This is what happens when you lose the creative process of thinking of original storylines. They'd probably put Ichigo with Orohime.

#12 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 22 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I say it "could" be done right with the "right director" (key note, a director/producer who reads the manga, anime, and knows and will takes it to heart). They would obviously need to make Ichigo a grown man to make it more exciting and action pack instead of having a 15 year old kid (no offense to the younger members) similar to Ghost Rider or something of that nature.

But I thought comic character Ghost Rider was a grown man, not a senior citizen like they had in the movie.

And while I'm thinking it Orohime might not be in the film or not have such a large role as she does in the series. Most likely it will focus on the Shinigami complete. It will turn Ichigo into a death god version of Neo or something. With him coming to grips with his powers and the moral responsibility he has to use them for the betterment of everyone around him. All to the beat of a kick ass hip hop soundtrack!

Edited by No WhereMan, 22 March 2010 - 06:06 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#13 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 22 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I thought comic character Ghost Rider was a grown man, not a senior citizen like they had in the movie.

That's true "Does face lift and hair dye and get's back into aciton"! 111189.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 March 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#14 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

You've got to be kidding me...!!!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#15 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

I honestly tried to give Dragonball Evolution a chance, but It was terrible. This would be just as horrid.

#16 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

I will say speculating who could play Yoruichi and Rangiku would be fun.

Also Hitsugaya-Danny Devito
\

#17 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

I hope this Bleach live action film isn't too faithful; I like background scenery in my fiction.

... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Just leave the Gundam series out of this.

This. This times a thousand. Do not sully the good name of Mobile Suit Gundam, Hollywood.

Thankfully Gundam would probably require a higher budget than Hollywood would want to put towards it.

Edited by dl316bh, 22 March 2010 - 07:03 PM.

bd5.jpg

#18 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 22 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this Bleach live action film isn't too faithful; I like background scenery in my fiction.

... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

This. This times a thousand. Do not sully the good name of Mobile Suit Gundam, Hollywood.

Thankfully Gundam would probably require a higher budget than Hollywood would want to put towards it.

Micheal Bay & Spiellberg could, look at the cost of transformers. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 March 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

I am up in the air about this.

I mean...okay so far the live action shows of cartoons has not been successful. 99% of the time the movie sucked, but I believe it all has to do with who is doing the film.

Now WETA is doing the live action Evanglion movie and while I don;t want to see one of my favorite anime ruined, I willing to give it a shot because I know WETA can do it. If it was anyone else, I would say no.

As for the Bleach Live action......No.

If they make the live action Evangelion and it is as good as the anime, then I will give the movie industry one last chance to clean up their act and make anime based live action movies as they should be.

Also as for people who complain that the actors in the movie should all be Asian....I say no. Not necessarily and no I don't use bigotry like that. If they are a good actor and they fit the role well, then by all means they can be any nationality.

In truth, MOST anime characters do NOT look Asian. They look American or even British.

If in an Anime you have a character who says they come from Germany, you would NOT have an Asian play that role. I am sorry, but if the character background is not Asian and you put in there an Asian that does not compute. Same goes the other way.

Let me just say this lastly.
If they were to make a live action Naruto movie....god forbid...
Sai looks Asian.
Naruto does not.

This is the same with the Avatar: Last Airbender movie.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Majority of the Bleach characters do look American, so i don't see race being an Issue in this film it's just authenticity of the characters (actors best suited for the anime adaptation) and plot story line.

I think Zoe Saldana from new Star Trek omake and James Cameron Avatar would fit Yoruichi well. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 March 2010 - 07:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users