7 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

(Yes, yes, I know I'm back. Briefly, however. I was curious to see how Boruto was coming along, and it seems it's just as bad as it was when I left. But I would like to let those in the north know they're not forgotten)

If it's not Hurricanes in the south, it's wild fires in the north. Or it's Tornadoes somewhere in between. But if there's anything about these storms, it shows Americans can come together during a disaster and help each other, despite our cultural backgrounds and differences in politics. Houston is a prime example. Lines of hundreds of people volunteered to help by using their own boats and trucks, bringing people to safety, or transporting food, clothing and other supplies. 

I wish the best for those in Florida, and hope the people down there can follow Texas's example of what to do during a disaster. 

But we mustn't forget about the wild fires growing out of control in Montana, Washington, Oregon and California. I live in Oklahoma, and we can smell the smoke from the fires when the wind is blowing the right direction, which is a terrifying thought.

The media likes to play their political games and say we're divided as a nation, but these storms have proven them wrong. We are united and stand strong for our fellow Americans. Our brothers and sisters. We don't call on the aid of other countries, we take care of our own. That's one of the many things that make this country great. 

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Yes - I was stunned last night to see the way the smoke is traveling across the country. Literally every part. Hope those in dangerous areas are able to avoid the path of the fires. Wildfires are just frightening in a way that hurricanes are not (to me, anyway). The stuff of nightmares. Be safe out there!

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Yes - I was stunned last night to see the way the smoke is traveling across the country. Literally every part. Hope those in dangerous areas are able to avoid the path of the fires. Wildfires are just frightening in a way that hurricanes are not (to me, anyway). The stuff of nightmares. Be safe out there!

I think part of it might be just the very nature of these disasters. A Hurricane, you have multiple days to over a week to prepare for. Tornadoes (my personal biggest fear) and wild fires can just appear out of nowhere and leave you with nothing in just a matter of seconds. 

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

tumblr_ovuqbhjX9a1rbam90o1_540.jpg

Welp. It's like the globe's getting warmer. Hell is everywhere. I'd move into the murder mountains. Or in with the bears.

I pray everyone'll be okay in the end. Or most people possible.

ナルサク

#5 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Welp. It's like the globe's getting warmer. Hell is everywhere. I'd move into the murder mountains. Or in with the bears.

I'm stealing that. Just so you know. 

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:44 PM

Nice art. I have to say the the local believe more of the murder mountains Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea are actual The Great Wall (as in GoT) the protects the Hawaiian Islands from the monstrous threat of tropical cyclones ( if they make it through the dry air, stable environment, jet streams and wind shear areas) that threatens the island chain. We seen that happened with powerful The green house effects have enhanced the Central Pacific Basin and you just seen in the past 4 years that monster category 4 hurricanes and some smaller one passed near over or under Hawaii. So far my of the U.S side has been luck just to have only a weakened Fernada and a dissipated disturbance that came close to becoming a tropical depression just south of the Big Island on late July. Occasionally drought conditions we do battle brush fires like California. Worried about the murder mountains, just move into Maui or any other except the capital isle of Oahu.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

Yeah my friends in Bismarck are seeing a lot of haze right now from the fires out in Montana. Just an awful situation for so many people across the nation.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#8 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hopefully everything will calm down soon. Stay safe.

That's how I'm imagining USA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users