4201 replies to this topic

#3381 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

But that is the gist of how you feel, no?

Well I m just mainly excited to see Full Cowl 100%, but yeah the rest felt really drawn out and no doubt the anime will make even longer. I mainly wonder where the season will leave off though

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 December 2018 - 11:48 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3382 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

But that is the gist of how you feel, no?

Well I m just mainly excited to see Full Cowl 100%, but yeah the rest felt really drawn out and no doubt the anime will make even longer. I mainly wonder where the season will leave off though

I do feel Season 4 will be longer because it was long as hell in the manga. Honestly when I was reading it, I was like "When WILL it end?" I assume the season may end at Katsuki and Shoto's Provisioning Exam retake. It will make sense to start Season 5 with the Cultural Festival Arc.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3383 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:09 AM

It was more than drawn out for me, but that didn't help either. Plus, the fact it got you thinking that means the arc wasn't as gripping as it should have been.

#3384 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Because it was structured like a typical shonen manga/ anime which does not necessarily suit the theme of the series overall

#3385 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

OK new chapter is out. Previous holders can now talk to him. A bit of growth for both Gravity Girl, and Brainwash.

#3386 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Nice character development!!!!!! But again I just find it contrived that All might never experienced this

#3387 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

I appreciate the insight, but it doesn't solve the ongoing problem. But we'll see. The chapter was so short. The corrupted situation seems to be taken care for now, with Deku already about to unlock something or rather fix something. Other than that, it was an okay chapter. I seriously hope next year is far better for this series. It's still upsetting that the side characters continue to disappoint and really, it only makes it harder to care in the long run. The effect is stronger than ever, so it's going to be a challenge for me to care. It's worse when you realized the weakest portion of the series are when the side character get the focus. That is bad. Anyway, end this arc and renew my hope.

#3388 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

Nice character development!!!!!! But again I just find it contrived that All might never experienced this

He became the strongest hero with less then 20% of one for all. Because All Might was such a natural with it. He never struggled with it. So, he never needed to improve himself. So he never "evolved." 

#3389 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:42 AM

Well whatever to expand the power gap so we can make more characters into cheerleaders, that's fine by me.

That's a total lie.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 31 December 2018 - 12:43 AM.

#3390 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

I appreciate the insight, but it doesn't solve the ongoing problem. But we'll see. The chapter was so short. The corrupted situation seems to be taken care for now, with Deku already about to unlock something or rather fix something. Other than that, it was an okay chapter. I seriously hope next year is far better for this series. It's still upsetting that the side characters continue to disappoint and really, it only makes it harder to care in the long run. The effect is stronger than ever, so it's going to be a challenge for me to care. It's worse when you realized the weakest portion of the series are when the side character get the focus. That is bad. Anyway, end this arc and renew my hope.

Personally, I think y'all have become wayyyy too jaded with what happened with Naruto. IMO, the arc itself is perfectly fine. It's just that Horikoshi's got other stuff on his plate. Aside from likely health issues, he's also in the middle of moving out to a bigger studio (as he should be for a top-tier mangaka). There were better story direction decisions he could've taken, sure. But it's hardly consequential in the bigger picture of things.

For example, maybe I could've had the first two sets won by Class A, followed by a tie and a loss or maybe there should've been 4 sets instead of 5, but really, it wouldn't have changed much. And to everyone complaining about Momo's loss, seriously..... People are making such a huge fuss over it that they don't see how much she'd actually accomplished at that time.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3391 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

Personally, I think y'all have become wayyyy too jaded with what happened with Naruto. IMO, the arc itself is perfectly fine. It's just that Horikoshi's got other stuff on his plate. Aside from likely health issues, he's also in the middle of moving out to a bigger studio (as he should be for a top-tier mangaka). There were better story direction decisions he could've taken, sure. But it's hardly consequential in the bigger picture of things.

For example, maybe I could've had the first two sets won by Class A, followed by a tie and a loss or maybe there should've been 4 sets instead of 5, but really, it wouldn't have changed much. And to everyone complaining about Momo's loss, seriously..... People are making such a huge fuss over it that they don't see how much she'd actually accomplished at that time.

Naruto has nothing to do with this. I can argue without any need of Naruto if I want to and the point would still be valid. If I have, it's because it's one thing people in here can relate to. Do you honestly think people are only influenced by Naruto in order to dislike this arc? Personally, it's not true for me. I respect that you like the arc, but people can dislike it as well. I had a discussion with couple of friends and they have their own share of likes/dislikes.

The only unfortunate part is sensitivity. I realized people believe any negative is considered disrespectful, even when one comment is barely anything negative. For example, I commented that Kishimoto in his new work should have him assigned as the illustrator, more so than the writer. Not one part of it says, "The man is trash at writing," and yet, I was floored by being called very disrespectful. Not only a comment of preference seems to be jaded with negativity but so as joking. Why else I always joke about me being hammered by MHA fans if I were to say one criticism. Trust me, I can go on and on, and I won't have the need to cuss or something that screams unprofessional. But that's the way things are. Unless the series is hot mess from the get-go, it's not fine to say anything wrong.

I have my shares of dislikes, you have your shares of likes. That is fine. But please. Let's not resort to reasons that doesn't say, "It's MHA's fault." No one is perfect and no one can hit a home run all the time. I don't call you out for being a fanboy. Why would I care? I don't even care if I'm called a hater. All I want is a fair discussion without cheap escape like being excused to that. I know I have seen one post that had me laughing, but maybe because that user got what's coming. It's not a saint series. It's just a series.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 31 December 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#3392 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

Oh really, Mr. "Hinata-trip syndrome"? :hehehe:

Not really. my criticisms are of my own opinions on it because I LOVE the series, but can admit if I find something I don't like or have seen before. Basically the arc is not what I have a problem with, but that the intention and the execution of it contradict each other. The idea is that Class B is supposed to be treated a Class A's equals to make up for their lack of focus or screen time but because it follows the typical cliche of sports fiction in general of a neck to neck record balance of win-loss scores that the idea itself is determined by itself to not be very interesting because it is not show-casing growth or progress but by consecutive order you can tell who wins or loses just to follow that structure.

Not to mention the wins and losses don't make sense to me. the first victory of Class A was because of Shinso even though he NEVER worked with anyone in Class A before and you would THINK that Class A would win because they had better teamwork overall with or without Shinso because  he was never part of their group until that point. Class A's  second round loss loss was determined again as a set up for the "tie breaker scenario" later. Momo and Fumikage, my two favourite supporting characters were given development and insight to their growth but that was thrown to the wayside because Class B needed a win for the whole "it is a tight race scenario that could be anyone's game later". And true it shows Momo's progress but it is fustrating to see how she is always showcased as this strong girl that has an amazing power and is super smart but is always punted out of a win when even those that are not as hyped up have a better record than her, and it is especially frustrating for me be cause again she is one of my favourites but the story always poops on her by destroying her self esteem or incapacitating her from the action at regular intervals.

the whole third round turning into a tie as a whole felt contrived to me, though admittedly Shoto's situation is somewhat understandable because Testutetsu can counter both of his powers by being hard enough to smash ice and that his metal form probably has a very high melting point. But the rest kind of felt off and again it was showcasing character growth and development that amounted to nothing because even though it hyped up that Shoto's flame side got stronger and Tenya became even faster to the point his speed is now called superior to Gran Torino, they  still didn't cinch a victory. Then Katsuki won in a complete curbstomp that had less to do with teamwork and more to do with "BAKUGO'S THE BEST!!! BAKUGO'S THE BEST!!!! ego stroke, when again I thought the point was to show case the two class rooms as equals, but sure, give Bakugo an easy win like a free lollipop. Even though he was up against Class B's other recommendation student and he brought nothing new to the table except defending his team at the same time he is attacking the opposition.

Lastly, the new developments for One for All is very interesting, but it feels contrived to me only because All Might never experienced it even though logically he should. All might apparently is gifted at using All for One, but is is as locked out of loop as Deku is with the more complicated in depth intricacies of the quirk even though again logically he should be experiencing the same thing, and Gran Torino has to give the exposition instead. I understand that it is a new plot element so I'm willing to forgive it. But I don't see Why Deku should be experiencing this difficulty with OFA, and it is implying that starting from the second user and all the others up to Nana also went through that process, but All Might never did. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 January 2019 - 08:53 PM.

#3393 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

My issues with the series has nothing to do with Naruto. I've had the issues I've had consistently with this series for a long time, from the way that side characters are handled in relation to Deku, to story issues and beyond. It's a decent series, but my issues with it are because if MHA, not my feelings towards any other series.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3394 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

They could have done a better job showcasing how Dekus friends got through to him, it felt rushed to me,  though I am interested in seeing what the knock-off hellboy will say to Deku. Would still have preferred to see Deku grow stronger adapting the power he inherited to suit his style, maybe that will still be on the cards, right now it's a bit worrying as this feels very similar to how Naruto went away from relying on his own powers to relying on the Sage power and Kurama's powers. I hope the manga doesn't go down that route, part of the charm with characters like Deku and Naruto is them overcoming their weaknesses. It still could go that direction so I won't be too critical, but there is no denying this arc has been largely disappointing, specially as it was meant to show the growth of Class A, where instead only Bakugya came out looking like he's improved, who considering is the most OP student in Class A anyway, made the rest look even worst..

iAnby7W.gif

#3395 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

I am going to be the first to admit it. Yes, Naruto has made me jaded about anime. Hard not to after that one while adding on Bleach and others. I was willing to put up with so much in some anime, but when Naruto did what it did...it made me like lose faith in a lot of anime because it felt like I could not trust anything in anime anymore. I was expecting things like "okay, let's see how a studio purposely plays their favorite character better than they actually are and ruin other better characters."

It is like coming from a very abusive and bad relationship. For a little while you don't trust anyone because you don't  want to be hurt.

That being said I try not to let my pain from Naruto affect other anime. It is not fair to the other anime or other hard working studios. Just because Pierrot screwed up does not mean Mir, or Bones, or JC Staff cannot be trusted. They didn't hurt me. My biggest issue with MHA is Deku personality sometimes seems....flat. Granted I know I have not watched the series entirely, but Deku crying constantly like got old fast for me. I have not seen enough to know if this changes at all, but it was one thing bothering me.

So I am hoping the series has picked up and Deku has become better as a character. Especially in the anime. Season 1 had me cringing a little by the end, so I am hoping Season 2 is better. I have no touched much of the manga. Too much in One Punch Man at the moment.

Now, this doesn;t mean MHA is bad and I do enjoy the series overall. These are just gripes I have with the series.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3396 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:59 AM

Season 2 picks quite well I don't think you'll be disappointed :smile:

#3397 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Season 2 picks quite well I don't think you'll be disappointed :smile:

Oh good. So when I get the chance I will watch it. Like I said, it was my only issue. If Deku is going to be the "world's greatest hero" then he needs to stop crying now. Yeah, I can get behind hero worship if it makes sense, but tone it down a bit.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3398 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Yeah it doesn't drop altogether admittedly but you will only see it in season 2 for comedy purposes. Beyond that I can only recount it once or twice maybe but there is good reason for it 

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 January 2019 - 11:55 AM.

#3399 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

My best friend and I were talking about the series, and he believes the spin off manga Vigilantes is much better than the main series. 

It's been a while since I've read the earlier chapters of vigilantes, but if we're talking about where both series stand I guess Vigilantes is better for now.

Honestly, I'm more excited to see what's coming next for the main series then where we are at... I've got a whole discussion video coming up with where my thoughts on the series has been as of now. I'm try and get it out sometime this week. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3400 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

My best friend and I were talking about the series, and he believes the spin off manga Vigilantes is much better than the main series. 

It's been a while since I've read the earlier chapters of vigilantes, but if we're talking about where both series stand I guess Vigilantes is better for now.

I don't know. I felt the opposite. I started reading the 1st book and it hadn't impressed me so far except for one thing. Both the main protagonist and the girl with the bounce quirk weren't appealing to me. Now the big guy, I wish he was the main protagonist! He screams "Batman" to me.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users