605 replies to this topic

#581 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Girl....Gintama is in another level of love...I'm fine
With Viz not licensing it because I don't want people to ruin it like they did Naruto, I mean look at TG now with the ships, so I'm glad its on the downlow

I don't think it's gonna be that big of a deal with the ships when the manga has prob one-two more years to go. The ships are pretty much established in Gintama.

Edited by trang95, 09 October 2015 - 07:10 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#582 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

I don't think it's gonna be that big of a deal with the ships when the manga has prob one-two more years to go. The ships are pretty much established in Gintama.

Same for TG. If anything, our main enemy is death. Plus, it's way far to change mind and Sorachi is a guy who writes whatever he wants.

I don't know. I lost my mood. Seriously. I guess I'm more bothered by some of the choices they listed. Haikyuu and KnB, really happy for them. Yona, same thing and I still need to catch up. HxH, better late than never. Now, let's start getting things right with others. Gintama came out in the wrong time for USA since it was still early. Did you know so many series got cancelled at that era.

Anyway, I guess next year. It is getting known, so that's good. I guess I have to thank for once to Internet. It's spreading. I just wished it happened sooner.

#583 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

The ships are whatever but there are people who go crazy and start ruining the fun....trust me...

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#584 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

Same for TG. If anything, our main enemy is death. Plus, it's way far to change mind and Sorachi is a guy who writes whatever he wants.

I don't know. I lost my mood. Seriously. I guess I'm more bothered by some of the choices they listed. Haikyuu and KnB, really happy for them. Yona, same thing and I still need to catch up. HxH, better late than never. Now, let's start getting things right with others. Gintama came out in the wrong time for USA since it was still early. Did you know so many series got cancelled at that era.

Anyway, I guess next year. It is getting known, so that's good. I guess I have to thank for once to Internet. It's spreading. I just wished it happened sooner.

Its alright, its probably better this way, more fun for us xD

Joui Four

#585 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

The ships are whatever but there are people who go crazy and start ruining the fun....trust me...

That's the burden you have to live with if a show gain more fame. Happened to me with Hunter X Hunter. I thought that it was mostly anonymously agreed upon being one of the best shounens... Ehhhhhhhhhhh? Pretty vocal loud hater group HxH has established for itself, and it's mainly those elitists who treat anything shounen that is not Fullmetal Alchemist Brothorhood as with a condenscending look...

For Gintama though, the manga is about to end. I don't mind if more people join us now. It only gets ruined for me when we are in the middle of it, such as HxH and Tokyo Ghoul. I swear, the backslash those two series get... 

And, I hate it when everything evolves around the big 3... For some reason, I just do.

Edited by trang95, 09 October 2015 - 07:35 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#586 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

That's the burden you have to live with if a show gain more fame. Happened to me with Hunter X Hunter. I thought that it was mostly anonymously agreed upon being one of the best shounens... Ehhhhhhhhhhh? Pretty vocal loud hater group HxH has established for itself, and it's mainly those elitists who treat anything shounen that is not Fullmetal Alchemist Brothorhood as with a condenscending look...

For Gintama though, the manga is about to end. I don't mind if more people join us now. It only gets ruined for me when we are in the middle of it, such as HxH and Tokyo Ghoul. I swear, the backslash those two series get... 

And, I hate it when everything evolves around the big 3... For some reason, I just do.

I don't know about HxH but I have heard it's pretty overrided with "what's so great about it." Tokyo Ghoul, hit and miss, but nothing I can really complain. Dumb moments but I don't think it's poison. Just a stick poke. Naruto is a nightmare. Bleach is pretty rowdy with Orihime hate. One Piece, well I don't know, but I always see stuck up, or maybe just me.

My experience so far is that Gintama is the most peaceful one, next to Tokyo Ghoul. Soma hasn't gotten that bad, if you exclude Erina's part but to be fair, it's not bad. It's incredibly quiet compare to Sakura. Good lord. It was like being in that chair with Kaneki counting. But it seems like many are more on board with Erina being the final pairing, unlike Naruto, where it's barely 10%.

From what I heard, Fate S/N has the most rabid fans. I don't know if that's true but if it is, whoa. Anyway, I'm safe with the first two I mentioned. Honestly though, the so called holy trinity, with the exception of One Piece (because to be honest, they may be cocky, it's not terrible), Naruto and Bleach spawned the worst of the worst.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 09 October 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#587 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

My heart...o.o
http://nijimurashuuz...77-translations

Joui Four

#588 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

I don't know about HxH but I have heard it's pretty overrided with "what's so great about it." Tokyo Ghoul, hit and miss, but nothing I can really complain. Dumb moments but I don't think it's poison. Just a stick poke. Naruto is a nightmare. Bleach is pretty rowdy with Orihime hate. One Piece, well I don't know, but I always see stuck up, or maybe just me.

My experience so far is that Gintama is the most peaceful one, next to Tokyo Ghoul. Soma hasn't gotten that bad, if you exclude Erina's part but to be fair, it's not bad. It's incredibly quiet compare to Sakura. Good lord. It was like being in that chair with Kaneki counting. But it seems like many are more on board with Erina being the final pairing, unlike Naruto, where it's barely 10%.

From what I heard, Fate S/N has the most rabid fans. I don't know if that's true but if it is, whoa. Anyway, I'm safe with the first two I mentioned. Honestly though, the so called holy trinity, with the exception of One Piece (because to be honest, they may be cocky, it's not terrible), Naruto and Bleach spawned the worst of the worst.

Fate fans are not big on the shipping but more with story and if people complain or don't get things right, get yourself out xD I just get annoyed when people don't appreciate the story along with the characters, good or bad (I mean this for other anime too)and just watch it for ships but I say nothing since its their business

Joui Four

#589 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

HxH gets hate? TG gets hate for the ugly anime SP did, it doesn't have the same atmosphere so I get the hate for it but HxH?!!! Never heard of that :O

Sorry for the multiple replys btw

Joui Four

#590 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

I don't know about HxH but I have heard it's pretty overrided with "what's so great about it." Tokyo Ghoul, hit and miss, but nothing I can really complain. Dumb moments but I don't think it's poison. Just a stick poke. Naruto is s nightmare. Bleach is pretty rowdy with Orihime hate. One Piece, well I don't know, but I always see stuck up, or maybe just me.

Pairing wars always degrade a fandom in my eyes. Just wait and see until things escalate in Magi... *sigh* Pairing war discussions are the most frustrating thing for me to view, and I hope that it won't get over everyone's head in the Shokugeki no Soma thread. Like what's up with feeling so insecure about Erina?

Oh, I just had my discussions with people about HxH. I was watching one of those videos about "Don't overhype Anime", and voila: The comment section provided some fertile ground for HxH discussions. Elitists have huge issues with HxH. In a way I understand them b/c I admit that the series has some serious issues with the cohesiveness and pacing, but don't go on and call HxH a kitten series like every other shounen... Just no. I prob lost my patience when one of them compared HxH to Pokemon on drugs.

Love Gintama fandom. One of the most peaceful ones.

The only reason why the big three fandoms buy is b/c I've met so many fans who are just so blind, absolutely blind to the other great shounens around them. Don't care about Bleach right now, and kitten Naruto man. As for One Piece... What am I supposed to say? I've known the series for ten years, I know how it operates, just kind of lost interest along the way. Maybe the whole pirate theme was not for me (still the best out of the big three though).

Fate/Stay Night fans... Ryo is gonna kill me, but I'm gonna agree with you there. The animenewsnetwork discussions reached up to 1000 threads. Was awesome to read through the posts XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#591 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

Fate fans are not big on the shipping but more with story and if people complain or don't get things right, get yourself out xD I just get annoyed when people don't appreciate the story along with the characters, good or bad (I mean this for other anime too)and just watch it for ships but I say nothing since its their business

Ryo, I've been to a tons of sites, but when it's about Fate, discussions are gonna be long O_o Like, I love the fate series, but I can't deal with the fanbase. It can't stand any criticism whatsoever. So I just stay away from it.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#592 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

Well I was referring in general, but you still answered my question, so thank you.

I don't know. I want it to be exposed. USA is playing too safe and I'm sick of it. I mean come on. We are being way too soft but that's another discussion. I know Gintama came out in the wrong time because look at the history of cancellation. Today is a good time to be a USA fan of anime/manga. We are growing a brain on variety. Truth be told, social media is helping anime/manga to expand, and I don't mean the forums.

I'm also tired of easy to get into series only to be bombarded with craps. Look at Naruto and Bleach. Such a shell of former selves.

#593 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

HxH gets hate? TG gets hate for the ugly anime SP did, it doesn't have the same atmosphere so I get the hate for it but HxH?!!! Never heard of that :O

Sorry for the multiple replys btw

Who cares (none of the mods is here :hehehe:). It does. Mainly from elitists who those stereotypical negative views towards anything shounen that is not FMAB. I love FMAB, but it'd be nice to expand your horizen a bit more to a) HxH, or b) Gintama.

For real, go and explore things. Not all shounens are as bad as people make it out to be.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#594 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

Pairing wars always degrade a fandom in my eyes. Just wait and see until things escalate in Magi... *sigh* Pairing war discussions are the most frustrating thing for me to view, and I hope that it won't get over everyone's head in the Shokugeki no Soma thread. Like what's up with feeling so insecure about Erina?
Oh, I just had my discussions with people about HxH. I was watching one of those videos about "Don't overhype Anime", and voila: The comment section provided some fertile ground for HxH discussions. Elitists have huge issues with HxH. In a way I understand them b/c I admit that the series has some serious issues with the cohesiveness and pacing, but don't go on and call HxH a kitten series like every other shounen... Just no. I prob lost my patience when one of them compared HxH to Pokemon on drugs.
The only reason why the big three fandoms buy is b/c I've met so many fans who are just so blind, absolutely blind to the other great shounens around them. Don't care about Bleach right now, and kitten Naruto man. As for One Piece... What am I supposed to say? I've known the series for ten years, I know how it operates, just kind of lost interest along the way. Maybe the whole pirate theme was not for me (still the best out of the big three though).

Fate/Stay Night fans... Ryo is gonna kill me, but I'm gonna agree with you there. The animenewsnetwork discussions reached up to 1000 threads. Was awesome to read through the posts XD

I know HxH isn't perfect then again, what's not perfect these days, but let it go, guys. It's like they have to tell us to embrace the hate or something and really, just shut up. If I like it, I like it. If you don't like that, then too bad. Deal with it. So it's like that, huh. That's a damn shame.

One Piece is legitimately a really good series. I'm not the biggest fan nor I don't find myself buying volumes though maybe in the end but we'll see, but I can honestly say it's seriously good. I would say this: part 2 is good but it's no prime One Piece nor any of the better arcs. I am waiting for that day to come but regardless, I do find it to be legit good. Though if you're not into pirates or itself, that's understandable. As for other two, yeah...

I don't know but slow start series often last longer and stays consistent more so than the one that starts strong. Case in point, Naruto and Bleach. Funny huh.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 09 October 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#595 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

I agree with you!! Don't worry xD

Joui Four

#596 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

Sorry for the topic, people of Haikyuu. It's just something that actually irks me. It's been a while since I was last upset. Actually, last time it's when WWE didn't pull the trigger on not having Daniel Bryan, the one people loved, going for the championship. Stupid decision don't deserve a pass because dumb moves being let go don't learn anything. As mean this may sound but I hope Black Clover just end before they even start releasing. Yeah, I know they put it in their SJ alpha but looking at the list, it's no wonder series like them sells. And it's no wonder okish titles gets more spotlight than real deal ones...

Anyway, back to Haikyuu. Happy that they're gambling on it. They did it with Eyeshield 21 and people in here didn't buy it. Now, will they for these two? We can only hope.

#597 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

THE MATCH IS FINALLY OVER :argh:

Spoiler

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#598 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Finally. I thought it'd never end.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#599 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Yeah I'm used to sports grand match never end quick in manga. That's why I was like "This is it. Time for a long game." Which is funny because in a default way, anime wins.

#600 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

Yeah I'm used to sports grand match never end quick in manga. That's why I was like "This is it. Time for a long game." Which is funny because in a default way, anime wins.

That's why I prefer Haikyuu as an anime more. Works much better for me I guess.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haikyuu!!, manga, anime, sports, volleyball, Furudate Haruichi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users