Close
Photo

Mass Effect (Series)

Bioware Mass Effect Epic RPG Way Better Than Naruto Classic Shepard Miranda Lawson is Goddess

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:42 AM

mass-effect-4.jpg

So I'm obsessed with these games. Absolutely one of my favorite series' of all time. Mass Effect came out in X1's backwards compatibility program, and the second it did, I went out and re-bought the trilogy again. I was never into the whole "rpg" kind of games, but I took a chance on this series a long time ago (before ME3 came out), and this series was the reason I was able to start getting into the rpg genre (which led to me discovering how amazing The Witcher 3 is, but that's another story). I binged through another playthrough recently of ME because through BC on the X1, and now I'm stuck waiting for Mass Effect 2 and 3 to become available for release on BC. Since Mass Effect Andromeda will come out in the near future, and save data from all three games will apply to the new game, I wanted to start over again and have a playthrough that I'm happy with.

I looked around the forum, and I only saw two Mass Effect related threads, one regarding the ending of 3, and the other covering ME2 (both of which are locked anyway), so I made this thread for the purpose of being a ME master thread where we can discuss the entire series (including news about Andromeda as well as the game itself when it comes out) in one place. 

For those who have played, what are your thoughts on the series? Favorite game? Favorite characters? Favorite love interest? ;) (Shepard x Miranda all day) What kind of character were you? What ending to the series did you prefer? DISCUSS!

Edited by AHK, 21 March 2016 - 01:45 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

The endings will aways leave a taint that will never truly wash off... It's no wonder the next game is set on an entirely different galaxy. But aside of the terrible writing of that last half an hour, what do I have to say?

It's probally one of my favourite game series of all time. Perfect mix of third person shooting, roleplaying and sci fi. ME2 will forever be the high point in the series. Miranda is my main romance. She is probally my favourite Bioware romance ever, even more then Morrigan or Solas. I can't really say who are my favourite characters, all of them are memorable in their own way. I guess I could say Kasumi holds an special spot for me, she can steal all your money and still wil conquer your heart. That flawless sassy thief.

My favourite moments in the series were: The battle against the geth in Therum, Kasumi loyalty mission, the thresher maw boss during Grunt loyalty mission, the suicide mission, the Citadel DLC as a whole and the space battle at the ending of ME3. 

My Shepard was an paragade, mostly polite and diplomatic with friends and civilians, but wouldn't exitate to execute thugs and criminals in cold blood if the offense was good enough. God I love those renegade interrupts...

I choose destroy ending. I despise the reapers. They are a mistake created by an stupid computer stuck in a circular logic. They brought too much pain to the universe and need to be wiped out. And with this finale the galaxy will be the closest of an "back to normal" ending. Shepard living was only a nice plus to me.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

Honestly, I never really minded the ending. I much appreciated the addition of one where he lived at the end, but i never got around to getting the perfect destroy ending. That's part of the reason why I'm going back through these games. I think I chose synthesis the first time around, if only because I felt bad for Joker lol, and because I beat it before they added the best ending. I much prefer the destroy ending, and I'll be getting the perfect destroy this time through. I hated the reapers as well (I loved them, because they were such good villains, but that's why I hated them XD).

Miranda was my main romance. When I played ME, I romanced Ashley, because I thought she was a good character that was willing to learn. But Miranda as a character was much deeper, with major flaws and major upside. I loved how she was this "perfect" being, but was flawed and had a lot of pain of her own. Plus her accent :smug: Miranda was my favorite character outside of Shepard. Garrus, Wrex, Morodin, Hackett, and Anderson were some of my others, and Legion is growing on me.

I never got to play any of the DLC the first time around, but I think with BC they included all the DLC for free, because I played both DLC for the first game in my recent playthrough...hopefully they give us the DLC for the other games. My Shepard was a paragon, I just like playing the good guy for some reason. The irony is real XD

Edited by AHK, 21 March 2016 - 05:55 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#4 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

Teaser trailer from EA at E3! Really excited!

We're also supposed to get more info on Andromeda during the fall!

EXL5X4B.png

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

ME2 &3 ARE FINALLY BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE ON XBOX 1

EXL5X4B.png

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

First full cinematic trailer:

Damn it, guess this series will continue to haunt me. I loved Bethany to bits in Dragon age 2. Wonder how sister Ryder will be in this game.

#7 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:24 PM

First full cinematic trailer:

Damn it, guess this series will continue to haunt me. I loved Bethany to bits in Dragon age 2. Wonder how sister Ryder will be in this game.

I thought the cinematic trailer was fantastic, I'm actually really hyped up for this game. What did you think?

EXL5X4B.png

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:28 AM

I thought the cinematic trailer was fantastic, I'm actually really hyped up for this game. What did you think?

Very cautiosly optimistic. The trailer sure looks good, but I still remember how the short demonstration at E3 left a lot to be desired. Plenty of clunky animations and some plataforming you would expect from last gen games. But of course, there is aways time for improvement. Visually, it seems they stepped up their game from Inquisition, now, some of the shots actually manage to rival Battlefield 1 in question of quality. I'll wait for more, before making a more defined opinion. Right now, I'm hoping for something spetacular, but still being fully aware that Bioware loves making big mistakes.

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

All I have to say about this new game:

Edited by Nostradamus, 08 November 2016 - 01:15 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:37 AM

All I have to say about this new game:

Oh, Bioware sure has it's baggage. The worst of all is how this racist animal can openly say what he does and he still gets to keep his job at BW:

Not the best public image Bioware...

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

Oh, Bioware sure has it's baggage. The worst of all is how this racist animal can openly say what he does and he still gets to keep his job at BW:

Not the best public image Bioware...

Wow what an a-hole. Seriously, this guy actually works for Bioware and no one kicked him out?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#12 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

Wow what an a-hole. Seriously, this guy actually works for Bioware and no one kicked him out?

No, as far as I can tell. Bioware has been leaning heavily on the politically correct pendulum lately (Inquisition showed that), and apparently, so far as Manveer toxic and unresonable hatred is kept towards white people, he can gleefully hate away.

#13 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

To be honest, his view is really disappointing, but I'm morning surprised that he still hasn't a job. The perception of a white devil is very real, and bioware can't really do much because then it could make the more look bad. I'm disappointedly he still has a job, but I'll still be playing the game. I won't let him ruin my experience, no matter how he feels.

EXL5X4B.png

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Oh guys, I have Mass effect 2 on Steam! :w00t: I'll intsert it soon and let you know my thoughts :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 November 2016 - 10:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#15 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:49 AM

You have to play the first one!

EXL5X4B.png

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

What I wouldn't give for a trilogy remaster on frostbite...

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

You have to play the first one!

yeah If i see it on steam! :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

yeah If i see it on steam! :yes:

Both the first and second one are on steam. The third one isn't for some odd reason, but all three games are incredible.

EXL5X4B.png

#19 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:36 PM

Both the first and second one are on steam. The third one isn't for some odd reason, but all three games are incredible.

You can buy it on Origin. EA likely doesn't allow steam to sell it.

Edited by alexander, 12 November 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#20 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

You can buy it on Origin. EA likely doesn't allow steam to sell it.

What's origin? Probably a stupid question, but I don't game on PC lol I've got everything on Xbox

EXL5X4B.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bioware, Mass Effect, Epic, RPG, Way Better Than Naruto, Classic, Shepard, Miranda Lawson is Goddess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users