Close
Photo

New Circumstances: Would They Prevail or Fail?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Diadochi

Diadochi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:History, manga, anime, fitness

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

Simply, if Sasuke never decided to abandon the village and follow Orochimaru, would Naruto and Sakura's relationship be where it currently is today? And would they still have ended up together, as they presumably are going to be by the manga's end? In no way am I suggesting that Sakura only views Naruto as nothing more than a mere 'second place' silver medal, but what I will say is that Sasuke's defection plays a massive and critical role for how they're relationship is presently portrayed. With Sasuke gone, they both had a common goal in which they had to work together closely to achieve, and by working closely, they learned aspects about one another that they didn't know before: Sakura gained knowledge of Naruto's Jinchuriki status and how it negatively impacted his life. While Naruto learned of Sakura's dualities that gave essence to who she really is: she is both the 'warrior' and the 'healer'. Naruto commonly frets when Sakura showcases her 'super-human' strength, but at the same time stands in awe at her medical-nin skills. But if one takes a moment to step back and see the bigger picture, they would understand why Sakura acquired these new skills in the first place. Which was to aid Naruto in brining back Sasuke.

Gtu9I59.jpg

ALEXANDER III of MACEDON

(356-323 B.C.E)

#2 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

It would be hard to say. I think things between Team 7 would be the same if Sasuke never left. Sakura could've still got her training from Tsunade by just being fed up with trailing behind Naruto and Sasuke in terms of ability and strength. I don't think Sasuke would ever reciprocate Sakura's feelings either if he had stayed in the village. His issue with Itachi and his clan would always be haunting him and he clearly did not have a hint of romantic interest in her. As far as the Naruto/Sakura relationship being what it is currently to this hypothetical situation, I would say that we would've seen much more different possibilities. Maybe Sakura would notice Naruto more differently and start to understand him as time progressed. I would've love to see her reaction when she found out about Naruto having the 9tails sooner. I don't know, there could've been so many paths to approach that relationship to develop the way it has now.

#3 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

Well since they'd finally more or less achieved their goal, I'd expect them to support Sasuke as his friends. If Team 7 got back together, it would be pretty interesting to see how their team changed - especially since they aren't as childish and weak as they were before. Thats side would come out a little, but let's be honest. They're pretty mature right now, on a certain level. I wouldn't expect Naruto and Sakura to get together right when their team gets together. Maybe while they're a team, they begin wondering about the aspect of love in their relationship. Sasuke probably wouldn't care, but he would definitely notice the change in both Naruto and Sakura. 

I'm not completely sure how the whole of Team 7 would end up though, Sasuke included. We really don't know. I like the idea of NaruSaku, and I hope they both recognize their feelings soon.. 

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#4 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hmmm...I believe this particular topic/question has been brought up plenty of times before. I think there are many threads relating to this.

You should probably search the Icha Icha forum if you are interested to see more opinions on this matter. 

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users