40 replies to this topic

#1 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

I don't know if there are Harry Potter fans on this web site, but if you are one then you probably know about Pottermore. I missed yesterday's registration, but seems like today is my lucky day! biggrin.gif Did anyone here was able to register an early account too? (you still have 5 days to sign up, hurry!!) What do you expect from Pottermore? Let's discuss!!

#2 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

yeah I've heard of it, but I'm still confused on what it actually is. Will it be a re-reading experience? Will you roleplay as a hogwarts student? Rowling said supplementary info of the books will be available on there, and I've heard you get to be sorted into a house with your own special wand and earn house points, but I'm not sure how true that is.

#3 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:reading, drawing, sports, sleeping, tv, friends, animals and drawing

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

When does it open today?? Please tell me it I'm in eastern standard time and i heard it was 9-2 but it's not open!

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

I wanna get in there, only to troll..... Oh man, that site will be open to young, innocent minds....

#5 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:reading, drawing, sports, sleeping, tv, friends, animals and drawing

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

Does anyone know what time I should get up tomorrow?

#6 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Aug 3 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah I've heard of it, but I'm still confused on what it actually is. Will it be a re-reading experience? Will you roleplay as a hogwarts student? Rowling said supplementary info of the books will be available on there, and I've heard you get to be sorted into a house with your own special wand and earn house points, but I'm not sure how true that is.

I'm not sure either. confused.gif
Personally, I hope that those rumours are true. happy.gif Let's just wait and see...
QUOTE (SugarPie @ Aug 3 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When does it open today?? Please tell me it I'm in eastern standard time and i heard it was 9-2 but it's not open!

You still have 3 days to get an early account, so don't give way to despair! and they don't tell you the time when a clue will appear... sweatdrop.gif wait a sec.... maybe you'll find his info helpful?
QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 3 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanna get in there, only to troll..... Oh man, that site will be open to young, innocent minds....

pictureem0.gif

Edited by Kagura, 03 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#7 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Why do they have to make this so difficult?! Been checking daily, but when you post the clue at 5 a.m...well it doesn't become worth it to me anymore XD I also heard the clues are extremely difficult :/ but that they should be easier for the last few days. Ah well, probably will just wait till October since I can't seem to catch the clues before it closes.

#8 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Do you live in America? Because it is entirely possible that the clues are being posted in the time-zones of the United Kingdom. You know, where Rowling lives?

#9 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

^ lol I already realize this. However it is not only a UK site, so I suspect some of the clues will be posted for various other time zones. For example, this mornings clue was posted sometime after 8 a.m. my time, but was closed before 10 a.m. when I checked back. People are seriously hitting the refresh all day just to get in, and that isn't worth it either. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#10 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

as much as I love the Harry Potter books I am hoping for Potter-Less right now! tongue.gif

I would have more respect for J.K. Rowlings as an author if she could just move on...

but maybe she can't hence this silly website thing

Edited by Verilance, 03 August 2011 - 11:15 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#11 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

@Miss Soupy seems like clues appear around 9 am - 3pm GMT. I live in Eastern Europe, so it was ok for me, though I feel sorry for American readers. This 'game' is actually unfair - gives more advantage to ppl who live in Europe/Africa time zones. confused.gif

Edited by Kagura, 04 August 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#12 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

They said (Day 5) will be released between 4.30pm and 8.00pm BST! So if you're in eastern time it's like 11:30 a.m.

Edited by SugarPie, 04 August 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#13 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

@Complainers:

#14 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Aug 4 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Complainers:

That show sucks now.

#15 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hurry up, people!! 5th clue is out already!! Fighto!!

#16 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

I'm in a_spaz.gif
well actually... I'm waiting for the email. confused.gif

#17 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (SugarPie @ Aug 4 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in a_spaz.gif
well actually... I'm waiting for the email. confused.gif

Congrats, dear!! boogie.gif

It will take some time. Some people had to wait for about 10 hours to receive that e-mail. mellow.gif

Edited by Kagura, 04 August 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#18 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (SugarPie @ Aug 4 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That show sucks now.

If people really want to get into Potter-more or whatever the hell this is, just stay up. If you can't, then you won't. You might miss something or other that's sort of entertaining, but I highly doubt your life will be ruined.

#19 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

What you talking about? Never in this forum did I complain, other people did. I wasn't making a big deal, I just wanted to get in that's all. Jeez huh.gif

#20 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (SugarPie @ Aug 4 2011, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you talking about? Never in this forum did I complain, other people did. I wasn't making a big deal, I just wanted to get in that's all. Jeez huh.gif

You're all complaining about the times as to which a British author in a British series on a British site for British wizards releases information or allows people in. In short, you're all acting pretty redundant, since you could simply just keep it to yourselves and keep attempting to get in. In fact, simply typing to me is wasting even more time whereas you could be planning to get in, or have planned to get in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users