Close
Photo

Sakura Haruno: Opinion and Character Analaysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
397 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura Haruno: Opinion and Character (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinion of Sakura

1. I love her! She's my favorite! (47 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

2. I really like her, she's one of my favorites (47 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

3. I like her, but she's not a favorite (10 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

4. She's okay, but can be annoying/useless sometimes (4 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. I don't care about Sakura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I hate Sakura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#381 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I agree. But since Kishi said he enjoys writing about love I say he wants to continually express it in his own way maybe

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#382 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 14 2013, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. But since Kishi said he enjoys writing about love I say he wants to continually express it in his own way maybe

Since Kishi enjoys writing about love, I think he wants to improve himself in romance writing and be able to express it in the way he wants to.
He really likes romanticism XD

#383 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Jan 14 2013, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Kishi enjoys writing about love, I think he wants to improve himself in romance writing and be able to express it in the way he wants to.
He really likes romanticism XD

Well, I think we should wait first to see if he's capable of writing about it, because up till now, I am a bit skeptical...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#384 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 14 2013, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I think we should wait first to see if he's capable of writing about it, because up till now, I am a bit skeptical...

I'll give some credit to him because of Minato and Kushina. Their love story is beautiful!

Sig by karudoll

#385 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Jan 14 2013, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give some credit to him because of Minato and Kushina. Their love story is beautiful!

That, is true...

#386 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 14 2013, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, It's not that he's avoiding it. It just seems a little conflicting at times when he writes it. And that portrays real love at least. Real love is as complicated and sometimes emotionally stressing as he makes it seem. sleep.gif

#387 Sakura-san

Sakura-san

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I can? sounds good, ill post a bit here first though, I think Sakura's battle prowess over Hinata can be expanded on massively

Survey the Heaven, Open the Heaven...
All the stars, far and wide...
Show me thy appearance...
With such shine.
O Tetrabiblos...
I am the ruler of the stars...
Aspect became complete...
Open thy malevolent gate.
O 88 Stars of the heaven...
Shine!

#388 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Sakura-san @ Jan 15 2013, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can? sounds good, ill post a bit here first though, I think Sakura's battle prowess over Hinata can be expanded on massively

I did that on another forum. God, they hated me, lol.
But, unfortunately, is true.
The problem with everyone is that they think that Hinata can do whatever Neji can do, lol.

#389 Sakuralover946

Sakuralover946

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Unlike most people I've loved Sakura since part one. I've loved how she has grown over the years and how her relationship with Naruto has grown. I love Sakura's quirky personality. As she can change her personality in a split second. From someone nice to a tyrant. It's just somewhat funny to watch her punch Naruto all the time. And part of her role is to be a comedy relief character. Sakura has a lot in common with myself. Which is one reason I like her. I also like how far she will go for her teammates. Training for 2 years just for the sake of Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura unlike the others has no real special ability at first but that's what makes her realistic. She then grows into a much more awesome and stronger character! I do agree that she does deserve more fights. I know there are a lot of Sakura haters so maybe a another fight would make those Sakura haters think twice! Sakura has always been my fav character! And she always will be~<3
I <3 my Sakura-chan~!

#390 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Sakura ... I'm absolutely in love with her as a character. I used to majorly hate her in Part 1. She was so useless and weak, always being the burdan. I begin to like her a little bit when she cut her hair but her Sasuke-obsessed/centric attitude annoyed the crap out of me. When she claimed she loved him, I was shocked. It always seemed like such a crush. But I will admit ... her confession to Sasuke really pulled at my heartstrings. sad.gif It was achingly tragic and depressing, I actually felt bad for her. Even now, when I watch her confession to him, I pity her. But now, I'm also very annoyed by it at the same time. When she said Sasuke leaving for her was as bad as being all alone, I thought "What the hell's wrong with you! Sasuke does nothing for you except one or two moments of "niceness"'. What about Naruto?! Does it mean nothing? Look at all the crap he does for you!" I have two very different emotions when I watch it now. XD Guess my NS favoritism brought it on. wink.gif

But when Part 2 happened, she changed. Sakura grew up a lot, she's more mature. She's more sensitive and caring. Selfless too. I really love how she always wants to do anything in any way to help Naruto because she wants to repay him for everything he's done for her. It's so different from how she was in the beginning, when she hated him and found him as "an annoying kid who tries to her in the way of her love life and enjoys watching her suffer; doesn't understand anything about her, he's just annoying." It's a lot of character development for her! biggrin.gif She's also a lot more stronger than she was and isn't nearly as obsessed with Sasuke as she was (Or at the very least, not fangirling. That's what always bothered me). I love her character so much now, she's my second favorite character. wub.gif No one beats Naruto though, not even my Sakura. tongue.gif

She has so much potential, I really wish Kishimoto would put it to good use again. sad.gif Just like he did with Sasori.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 16 January 2013 - 03:00 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#391 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Sakuralover946 @ Jan 15 2013, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unlike most people I've loved Sakura since part one. I've loved how she has grown over the years and how her relationship with Naruto has grown. I love Sakura's quirky personality. As she can change her personality in a split second. From someone nice to a tyrant. It's just somewhat funny to watch her punch Naruto all the time. And part of her role is to be a comedy relief character. Sakura has a lot in common with myself. Which is one reason I like her. I also like how far she will go for her teammates. Training for 2 years just for the sake of Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura unlike the others has no real special ability at first but that's what makes her realistic. She then grows into a much more awesome and stronger character! I do agree that she does deserve more fights. I know there are a lot of Sakura haters so maybe a another fight would make those Sakura haters think twice! Sakura has always been my fav character! And she always will be~<3

Me too actually. smile.gif I always loved her character. just figured she needed to mature some more to be an even better character, which she did and I celebrate. cool.gif She's not my TOP favorite but definitely in my top three biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 January 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#392 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Can we just put this to good use? biggrin.gif

#393 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

They recently edited it to just heroes but it's still to the same effect!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 January 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#394 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sakura is a good character, she is my 4th favorite, 3rd is Naruto, 2nd is Tsunade, 1st is kakashi- How can anyone not like Kakashi?

Anyways Sakura, as a character, overall I would give her a B+, scale out of 100, 88 or so.

Sakura is a good character but there are bad points on her every now and then. Let alone this is mainly due to Kishi having a weakness when it comes to female characters, aside from tsunade he did not ever have an ideal role for a heroine. He created Sakura and he does like her (check the naruto wiki and main wiki on creation and conception) so he is not just going to abandon her.

For Sakura overall, in a manga focused on fights and action first, drama second, comedy third, and so on, its a bit of a shortcoming when your main heroine does not get as much action. Sakura as far as the other characters go, she is about ordinary. In a world where people have the natural power and bloodline power to make magic and other stuff happen, she is about as normal as you can get. Sakura is an underdog for not being around any major inherted ablities but this also gave her a good template to design around. Practially all of the child cast has come from a clan with some unique ability. Naruto for his inherited stamina is a power from the uzumaki clan but its not a power par say he could use it all the time. Some other characters though are not technically from any clan and they have made their own image, notably Lee, Gai, and Ten Ten, but I'm sure even those as powerful as Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Minato were not from a clan either (i know kakashi mentioned the hatake clan once but we never saw another hatake so we should assume he is an average guy as well).

However for Sakura, even though she did get better powers and ablities and mainly action at the start of part 2, to be a good character does not nessessarily mean they need to get into fights all the time. Naruto and Sasuke are mainly physically grown characters, they gain more power like in any shouen manga to meet and face stronger foes, its standard but needed. Go from normal to super powered. They both also grew mentally Naruto saw the similar fate of losing a loved one (jiraiya) and faced his killer (nagato) so he could sympathize with Sasuke. Sasuke did the same after learning about the truth for the massacre. Though they grow mentally Sakura is mainly and only a mentally developed character.

What I am saying is, not all characters need to be buff power churning action stars, in dragonball Bulma did a fair number of things, she never did any fighting but the tech stuff. In avatar Katara was a very good fighter but she was mainly the humanist who got the group and aang through tough times, she was not just another fighter and healer.

Sakura in this sense she grew very much as a character who grows out of the situations and responds by acting rather than by merely gaining power. At the start she was a arrogant girl, only the start though. Over time it was her views and perceptions of naruto that made her realize she was wrong and that Sasuke did have his flaws. Because she was one of Naruto's first real friends even if she battered him, Naruto said it himself, he was just tired of crying and tried to enjoy the better times with them both rather than focus on the negative. After seeing how she was just pretending and facing a situation (forest of death) where she could not do anything, this changed Sakura. She became jealous of Naruto and Sasuke because she was only smart, not skilled. This made her want to better herself. After Naruto failed to get Sasuke, Sakura's mental development really took off here, she wanted to train with Tsunade to help Naruto to get their teammate back, she was tired of being able to do nothing and wanted to take action by helping Naruto. The end of part 1 Sakura signified she wanted to become better so she could do stuff for others (like Naruto) and not depend on them as much as she used too, she was growing up and realized she would have to do these things. The promise Naruto made to her was what bound team 7, Naruto promised Sakura to get Sasuke back, it was not merely for Sakura's happiness, Naruto made it because Sasuke was like a brother to him and Sakura loved Sasuke, it was a bond neither of them wanted to lose. Even if it meant Sakura would not pay attention to Naruto, Naruto would do it because he wanted to protect his first friends and the bonds he made and keep them happy. Team 7 was Naruto's first real family.

In part 2, Sakura's development really took off. Her attitude completely changed once she found out about the nine-tails, akaskuti, and jinkuriki. Sakura also gained a desire to help Naruto in any way she could, that still exists as today. Sakura always wanted to help Naruto in his goals and getting Sasuke back. Time and time again, she wished she had the power and skill to help Naruto and one thing she keeps doing like how Naruto wants to save Sasuke, as Naruto wants to save Sasuke and fulfill his promise, Sakura desperately wants to help him finish that, she wants to help Naruto till the bitter end and this is her strongest quality, she only wants to make herself better so she can be there for her teammates when it counts. Even as late as ch 573 she still has the strong desire to help, because when she could not do it in the past she was not proud of it but this time she is doing it no matter what.

Sakura grew around mainly Naruto's actions, in some ways she was stronger than him, such as when Sasuke left again, she was still standing reminding Naruto he was not alone. In other ways outside of Naruto, she developed a good comedic side of the story such as clobbering Naruto with the big strength. Ultimately her best skill was her intelligence and how she has a desire to help those even if she did not know the full details. One of her biggest characteristics was her stubborness, she has had a hardline attitude but she was designed to be that, a stubborn girl who could get on your nerves but always had better intentions at heart. Sakura never wanted to deliberately hurt someone, she just did not expect them in some ways. The whole 469 confession, she had good intentions at heart to ease Naruto's suffering even willing to have him hate her because she felt guilty of what she did to him. Sakura felt that her promise and over reliance drove naruto to make her happy but it caused them both pain. She wanted to make amends but rather than go through with this, Sakura learned to have faith and not do everything alone.

I agree the whole confession was not one of her brighter moments but it Sakura was depserate and concerned, just like the 4 tails moment, she was reckless but thought she could help Naruto, she did it because she was worried and tried calling out to him so he would calm down. The confession could have gone better and she was not thinking right to think she could take out Sasuke but remember the village was also in ruins, Sasuke was now an international criminal and the leaf was a liablity. Sasukes actions could prevent war, Sakura was not thinking right in taking on Sasuke but she had the concerns of Naruto and the village on her mind, she did not want Sasuke himself to get any worse.

Its kinda been a common theme between Naruto and Sakura, they have both been stubborn in some ways thinking they should do things alone and together at times and the ways they come to learn about things makes them react different.

Sakura as a mental character also tried to do things independently on her own accord when it came to helping others. During the pain invasion she did take duties over Tsunade to protect and heal and evacuate anyone she could. Sakura is selfless at times too, even when she was willing to protect Chyio, a woman she hardly knew from a great enemy like Sasori.

So in my opinion Sakura grew more mentally than most other character as a very smart but also as a good hearted, concerned, hard tempered (when nessessary), stubborn girl. Its the time she spent with others and how she learned about other situations that drove her. She may not always do the best or come through but she has the best intentions at heart. She is not perfect but as a mentally driven character, she tries to do what she can for her friends.

As a physical character, she has the same stuff since the start of part 2 but she has fought when its important. In fact we see her best skill as still her intellegence, its how she combined this with her medical, dogding, and chakra enchanced strength powers that makes her able to hold her own. She was able to catch the white zetsu because of her great intelligence. Sakura has been able to plan and remain level when it comes to situations she may have been outmatched or not fully understood. She does not have anything special but she has displayed tenacity and cunning to get over situations she was naturally outmatched. Mainly these are from a few filler episodes but she did also display this a few times in the manga, such as figuring out how obito's phasing power worked (when obito was still called tobi). Some of her moments have been to discover something that other characters would come across later when they fought (such as the white zetsu again) she found out about the while zetsu transformation power and this lead to naruto being able to use his hostility sensing ablity to act as a mine detector for the allaince to wipe them out. In obito's case this lead to how we saw how he traveled around and avoided being hit and evntuallty how Kakashi figured out how to hit him and transport others (like B).

Sakura has been very good as a mental character, had some good moments physically, but she acts very flawed which makes her likable. She is a good hearted girl, stubborn, can be angry, but also very happy, concerned, and devoted to her friends. Its when she falls short on her own she tries to make up for it. She still wants to better herself for Naruto in bringing home Sasuke, she is still devoted to helping on the battlefield, she has faith in others but still wants to do more for them. Sakura wants to prove herself at times but its as Yamato said (and this does not only apply to when she healed Naruto) as long as she does stuff for them and cares, that's what has given other characters the strength to move forward.

So yes I love Sakura, she is a very good character, a mental one. It may be an action series but not all main characters need an action role, one can be good hearted and help in different ways, sakura is a medic and heals them but its her intelligence and devotion to help and keep trying if she fails that makes her enjoyable. That and her temper for the humor.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#395 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I know You don't need to get into fights to be a good character. I'm saying that because Sakura is one of my favorites that I would enjoy seeing her kick a**, especially since she does not appear in too many fight scenes. I never said I was judging her worth on whether she fights I I would just prefer to watch her in action cause it does not do that too often. Anything (even if she does not fight) is fine with me just she her in action is all I ask.

#396 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

What's up, everyone. I was ended up debating with a NH fan the other day and we got into a discussion over Sakura's character and whether she is actually selfless vs. selfish. I of course argued that she was selfless more than selfish, shown in how she always wants to do more for Naruto and puts down herself for not doing enough for him. Basically this is how the conversation went:

Me: Is it true Sakura unintentionally took advantage of Naruto's love for her despite the hurt she caused him? Yes. But it wasn't out of spite, it was out of ignorance. Now, instead of treating him terribly, she is grateful for his support/friendship and devotion/kindness.

NH: Honestly, she's the average teenage girl. She might occasionally be able to think in a way that puts her actions in a context of something other than self-absorbed pretentiousness ... but does little in terms of damage control.

She is grateful for it, and also feels guilty because, as I've said, she knows she should be all over him. Sakura just doesn't feel the same way for Naruto. Which is exactly why their relationship will stay the way it is (with, hopefully, Sakura becoming a little more useful and a little less "I wish I would stop screwing up ...")

Me: Remember the Tenchi Bridge scene? "It's always this way ... the only things I can ever do for Naruto ... are so dumb and insignificant!" --Sakura She feels she never does enough for him and isn't there for him enough, proving she really cares about him and his struggles. "Using selfishly" is the last thing to describe her relationship with Naruto. She cares and if she knowingly used him in any way, she'd hate herself for it. That scene when she cried when Naruto's feelings were revealed to her is another support: "I'm the one who caused him the most pain ... I've done nothing but make mistakes ... I don't wanna make another one ..." and If he's stupid enough to love someone like me, then I'll tell him." She feels completely undeserving of his affections and hates herself for all the previous transgressions she showed him. It's not even up to debate, it's a fact. The confession also showed this. She was tired of him risking his life to save Sasuke if he got killed and tried to take the burden 'cause she counted on him too much. Does that sound like a selfish person who only uses his love for her own gain to you?

NH: Do you want to know why I'm about to piss you off you saying "Yes"?

Once again, she thinks of only what she wants. "I want to correct my mistakes." "I want to make him forget about his promise to me." "I want ..." "I want ..."

So what does she decide to do ... In order to get what she wants .... she decides to go and tell Naruto some half-baked tales that are clearly not true (She's still thinking of Sasuke in manga 540, page 1 when an extra character says: "He must be a great guy if you're in love with him." smile.gif ... without actually putting much thought to how it would affect him.

That's classic teenage girl syndrome. Since she want something for someone else -- doing what it takes to get it done is therefore selfless. :/

Thoughts? Is Sakura wanting something for someone else "selfish" like he thinks? rolleyes.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#397 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

She went about the confession in the wrong way. Her intentions were good though. If she was selfish, she would not have cared about what Sai told her. She'd be willing to let Naruto suffer, so long as she gets Sasuke.

She makes mistakes, sure, but that is apart of her character development. Part 2 has seen her support Naruto endlessly. Even if you look through another ship's eyes, and decided she still likes Sasuke, she was willing to give that up to be with Naruto, if only to free him from the pain and suffering he's endured as a result of pursuing Sasuke.

Back in the earlier part of part 1, she came off as selfish and conceited. And I mean in the first few chapters she was in. She started improving quickly. She is willing to give up any chance to be with the person she used to go mad over, for Naruto. Its a complete 180 degree turn, that she would even entertain giving up her love for Sasuke, to be with Naruto. Even if it was only to free him from a promise. She has changed a lot.

It is true that she was doing something she wanted to do. She wants Naruto to be happy, and wanting another person to be happy,(especially if you ship sasu/saku) at the cost of your own happiness, is as far from selflish as you can possibly get.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users