#41 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 14 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read One Piece, wasn't that into it, but I'm not so blindly biased enough to say it's bad because it's not however I for did not find it addictive at all, and believe me I've read over 200 chapters. Now before you tell me that's not enough reading to decide, ask yourselves do a lot of other manga even reach 200 chapters? and more importantly did you yourselves as One Piece fans even NEED to read 200 chapters to thoroughly enjoy it? anyways I acknowledge One Piece as a phenomenon in the manga industry it's just not for me Naruto will always be my favorite from weekly shonen jump but thats just me and remember Naruto is a tremendous success too. laugh.gif On another note I'm not saying Luffy's ugly it's just "cute" isn't the word I would use for how he looks and I'm not really attracted to any of the female characters in One Piece, plus I don't find Nami's personality cute at all. Again only my opinion ( Shirahoshi is cute though I'll admit tongue.gif ) and even if I don't like One Piece don't let that prevent you from enjoying it remember One Piece is great I never denied it cool.gif

guess it really does just depend on the person sorry if it seemed like i was fangirling over the manga :3

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Oh not at all! Its definitely all right! I admit One Piece is a Great manga I didn't mean I was annoyed by you liking it merryGOflava I was just pointing out that everyone has different tastes and it okay to have different likes as long you try to understand other's preferences with as little bias as possible if you can't be unbiased. if you think One Piece is the best that's great just remember nothing in this world is "the best" indefinitely because not everyone has the same views anyways you weren't being annoying with your fangirling sorry if it seemed I was lecturing you I just wanted to point out the concept of opinion

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 July 2011 - 08:51 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 15 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh not at all! Its definitely all right! I admit One Piece is a Great manga I didn't mean I was annoyed by you liking it merryGOflava I was just pointing out that everyone has different tastes and it okay to have different likes as long you try to understand other's preferences with as little bias as possible if you can't be unbiased. if you think One Piece is the best that's great just remember nothing in this world is "the best" indefinitely because not everyone has the same views anyways you weren't being annoying with your fangirling sorry if it seemed I was lecturing you I just wanted to point out the concept of opinion

thanx XD i love naruto more, but watch one piece for a good laugh smile.gif and you wernt lecturing me biggrin.gif but i gotta watch out. sometimes you like something so much you want to defend it, like my fav girl sakura XDDD i have to be more open to others.

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

Yeah I'm happy you like both a_thumbs.gif anyways I've read All big 3 manga and I favor Naruto the most what about everyone else?

#45 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 16 2011, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I'm happy you like both a_thumbs.gif anyways I've read All big 3 manga and I favor Naruto the most what about everyone else?

Bleach, it just hooks me and keeps me wanting more.

Edited by Dreamer, 16 July 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#46 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

Nice Kubo set Dreamer XDDD

Of course any mangaka that creates a character like Ulquiorra gets my vote 100 times over hm.png Not to mention the lovely Orihime-chan :3

#47 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I don't mind Bleach I still read it every now and then but like One Piece I'm not hooked to it but that's just me although I I LOVE the characters biggrin.gif If Ulquhime actually happened I would have been quite happy because Ichikia could have happened But unfortunately Tite Kubo said no romance in Bleach shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#48 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

im not that hooked on bleach that much anymore, after that whole aizen thing.

i like main characters that are more happy-go lucky and a little dumb XD so naruto and luffy are cool to me.

but Naruto is what i wake up every wednesday for! a_dance.gif

#49 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 17 2011, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I don't mind Bleach I still read it every now and then but like One Piece I'm not hooked to it but that's just me although I I LOVE the characters biggrin.gif If Ulquhime actually happened I would have been quite happy because Ichikia could have happened But unfortunately Tite Kubo said no romance in Bleach shamefulcry0js.gif

Kubo didn't say no romance in bleach, he said bleach is not just a romance story. It means he wont be focusing on it only. It is more Kubo's style to make subtle romance. Compare that to Kishi who tends to force his romantic subplots at random times.

#50 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jul 17 2011, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kubo didn't say no romance in bleach, he said bleach is not just a romance story. It means he wont be focusing on it only. It is more Kubo's style to make subtle romance. Compare that to Kishi who tends to force his romantic subplots at random times.

Soupy you have quite the naughty sig. pictureem0.gif heheelq7.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#51 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 17 2011, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know right XD (i love that coupling)

#52 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Which one do I like best? Unfortunately, I haven't given One Piece too much a chance. The 4Kids anime dub left a bad taste in my mouth, and even when I try to read/watch it with an open mind, I'm always intimidated by the sheer size of it.

As for Naruto and Bleach, it depends where the stories are at, but I generally prefer Bleach. The overall themes and storyline in Naruto interest me more (Bleach feels a little repetitive at times to me), but I tend to care more about characters than story, which I feel Bleach surpasses it with. It might just be me, but other then Team Kakashi and a few others, I don't find myself really attached to the characters in Naruto. On the other hand, I've seen very few characters in Bleach that I don't enjoy seeing. No character in Naruto really interests me the same way Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, and Kenpachi do. Heck, Kenpachi Zaraki was the reason I really got into Bleach, I've never actually gotten out of my seat and cheered while watching an anime fight before, LOL.

Concerning the romance, I think Miss Soupy's right, it's not that there's no romance, just that it's not the main emphasis. And even if Kubo said there wouldn't be romance in the story, it doesn't mean there won't be pairings. Remember Dragonball? Almost no romance, if any, and I recall several characters getting married and having kids.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#53 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jul 17 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is... a VERY GOOD point cool.gif the only thing though is that there's no romantic tension or even hints as of yet, Ichigo hasn't even shown that he's in love. sad.gif that's why I'm kinda cynical about it. anyway LOVE your new sig!!!! love.gif love.gif love.gif It's a real keeper!!!! heheelq7.png clap* clap* clap*

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 17 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey for all You know He probably just wants to make out with her intensely woot.gif or play cards tongue.gif point is it only implies not guarantees any "bonding" heheelq7.png

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 17 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which one do I like best? Unfortunately, I haven't given One Piece too much a chance. The 4Kids anime dub left a bad taste in my mouth, and even when I try to read/watch it with an open mind, I'm always intimidated by the sheer size of it.

As for Naruto and Bleach, it depends where the stories are at, but I generally prefer Bleach. The overall themes and storyline in Naruto interest me more (Bleach feels a little repetitive at times to me), but I tend to care more about characters than story, which I feel Bleach surpasses it with. It might just be me, but other then Team Kakashi and a few others, I don't find myself really attached to the characters in Naruto. On the other hand, I've seen very few characters in Bleach that I don't enjoy seeing. No character in Naruto really interests me the same way Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, and Kenpachi do. Heck, Kenpachi Zaraki was the reason I really got into Bleach, I've never actually gotten out of my seat and cheered while watching an anime fight before, LOL.

Concerning the romance, I think Miss Soupy's right, it's not that there's no romance, just that it's not the main emphasis. And even if Kubo said there wouldn't be romance in the story, it doesn't mean there won't be pairings. Remember Dragonball? Almost no romance, if any, and I recall several characters getting married and having kids.

Okay! Yeah I admit Bleach's characters are more interesting cool.gif But I can't say I dislike too many Naruto characters either I'm really starting to like the Kages just to name a select few but I don't enjoy it too much if the other characters' fights take too long. sweat.gif It's not that I'm not interested its only that the plot only moves on when it focuses on the main character. AND what you said about the romance is true but that's BORING!!! heheelq7.png

#54 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hm, I have to admit I've never tried reading Bleach. Mybe one day I will, since it's so popular but for now nothing really interests me. Reading people's somments about it I never felt really compelled to try it(as was the case with Naruto). I guess my biggest turn-off is Bleach being very depressing and it's lack of romance(or so they say).

I've never read One Piece, just watched the anime for a while. At first I found it interesting because I began watching it at the start of the first Nami arc. She seemed like a really interesting character and I liked finding out more about her. But when that arc was over and as the story progressed I found it a little too werid and grotesque for my taste. So I gave up watching it and I don't miss it at all. I don't thing I'll be reading the manga anytime soon.

#55 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jul 18 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never read One Piece, just watched the anime for a while. At first I found it interesting because I began watching it at the start of the first Nami arc. She seemed like a really interesting character and I liked finding out more about her. But when that arc was over and as the story progressed I found it a little too werid and grotesque for my taste. So I gave up watching it and I don't miss it at all. I don't thing I'll be reading the manga anytime soon.

I've watched the anime a long time ago and remembered bits and pieces of it. I've started rewatching the anime a few weeks back because I'll feel left out if I didn't follow one of the big 3's. I haven't regretted since. I agree after Nami arc is kinda different but once they reach the grand line, things get much more interesting. You should give it a try again!

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#56 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

Bleh, even after GL, it's boring. And Arabasta arc?? good god, that arc was horrible. I keep hearing "Oda has a big plan, just be patient." really?? dry.gif how long?? It's already over 600+ chapters and Oda seems to be adding arcs outta nowhere just to keep the readers occupied. Frankly, to be honest, I don't think Oda knows what the end game will be. Unlike Kishi who clearly hasn end game in mind.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#57 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 18 2011, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bleh, even after GL, it's boring. And Arabasta arc?? good god, that arc was horrible. I keep hearing "Oda has a big plan, just be patient." really?? dry.gif how long?? It's already over 600+ chapters and Oda seems to be adding arcs outta nowhere just to keep the readers occupied. Frankly, to be honest, I don't think Oda knows what the end game will be. Unlike Kishi who clearly hasn end game in mind.

I haven't reached that far yet. Is it going to become like Bleach after Final Tetsuga Tenshou? And yes I agree about Naruto that there seems to be a clear goal in mind. I guess One Piece won't end until Luffy becomes Pirate King.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#58 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 18 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't reached that far yet. Is it going to become like Bleach after Final Tetsuga Tenshou? And yes I agree about Naruto that there seems to be a clear goal in mind. I guess One Piece won't end until Luffy becomes Pirate King.

Not exactly, but it's something like that. Besides, didn't you see the wiki in the opening post?? it had a drawing that best describes the storylines of the Big 3. Judging by the drawing, it's pretty obvious which one I'm gonna choose.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 18 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 18 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not exactly, but it's something like that. Besides, didn't you see the wiki in the opening post?? it had a drawing that best describes the storylines of the Big 3. Judging by the drawing, it's pretty obvious which one I'm gonna choose.

That tells us nothing heheelq7.png which one ARE you gonna choose? Naruto? I'm only guessing cause that's my pick anyways Yeah It does not seem like Oda has even set the end yet he's just expanding his world like no tomorrow whistling.gif but I don't think its's bad I admit it must be great if it appeals to so many fans it just never hooked me on mellow.gif like Naruto or FullMetal Alchemist, cool.gif and I do read Bleach somewhat Ichigo doesn't seem to have a specific goal per say but I enjoy the characters

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 18 2011, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but the only thing is Oda does not even very fixed on making Luffy the Pirate king There's been no mention of One Piece(the treasure)in forever I've read (some of the most recent chapters an the also the 400- 500s) I guess it only seems to me that the crew is just having random adventures an don't even know it they've reached the goal yet but that's just my opinion. And don't go pointing fingers that I've never read it dry.gif I HAVE and It did not hook me on at all. 200 chapters ( and also like I said I've been 400s-500s chapters and even read the new world saga still not hooked). Does it take 200 chapters to start being interested in a manga? If that's not giving it a fair chance then how long DO YOU need to read a manga to think it's something you'll actually be addicted to reading? wot.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 July 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#60 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 18 2011, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the alabasta arc didnt make much sense to me. so i skipped it biggrin.gif just wait till you get to robins arc, then thriller bark. it gets very interesting biggrin.gif the character get a better style too. sometimes with one piece its better to skip things then go from there since its soooooooo long. but just because its long doesnt make it a great anime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users