• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#47761 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

I do have to wonder what Hinata could have been if she hadn't just been relegated to the role of Naruto's Yamato Nadeshiko. Pre time skip she does seem to be stronger than most of the other Konoha kunoichi her age, keyword being seem.

She's certainly no Yamato Nadeshiko because they are known to be composed, intelligent and strong-willed. The exact opposite of Hinata.

You talking about my Noel against the "unimportance"?! This is no contest. Noel (Mu-12), Lambda, Nu and even Saya/Izanami will get rid of unimportance. Nu especially with her yandere tendencies.

Noel is probably the worst person aside from Izanami/Saya to put her against because she's borderline omnipotent within the context of Blazblue by the fourth game. And Izanami/Saya makes the likes of Toneri and Kaguya look like specks because she is literally the Goddess of Death and she keeps and commands a powerful monster like Taka-Mikazuchi (who is *at least* on par with the Juubi in power) as a glorified *pet*.

I've also been thinking: Has anyone else considered that The Last! Sakura was projecting unto BD Naruto when she accused him of using her to compete Sasuke because that is precisely what she was doing with Ino over Sasuke?  It's easy to forget, but Sakura's original reason for pursuing Sasuke is because she wanted acceptance among the other girls who would ignore and mock her for her huge forehead.  

Edited by Kagomaru, 09 January 2018 - 04:41 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#47762 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

Are you kidding? Noel the Vermilion would own Hinata's ass before she could even get the chance to attack her.

You talking about my Noel against the "unimportance"?! This is no contest. Noel (Mu-12), Lambda, Nu and even Saya/Izanami will get rid of unimportance. Nu especially with her yandere tendencies.

Of course I know Noel will completely curb-stomp that overhyped side character! :D Im just using her as an example on how infinitely Inferior Hinata Hyuga is even to other moe girls/ladies :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 January 2018 - 05:54 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47763 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

Of course I know Noel will completely curb-stomp that overhyped side character! :D Im just using her as an example on how infinitely Inferior Hinata Hyuga is even to other moe girls/ladies :yes:

I'd personally throw her at the feet of Dizzy in Guilty Gear.  Not only because Dizzy massively outclasses her as both a fighter and a person, but she's also a far superior mother and wife.  

Edited by Kagomaru, 09 January 2018 - 06:39 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#47764 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

Aren't they actually, legendary reality-warping guns? It seems completely ridiculous to put Hinata up against this character. BlazBlue is a crazy ass setting.

Exactly noel wins no matter what. Or any character from blazblue especially if she fights ranga, as boomstick says no no don't think just accept with blaze blue story.

Lambda especially since she has the sword of despair I think it's called for her finsher which is freaking awesome.

The real question is, could Hinata take on Yamcha?

The one thing that ultimately stuck out in my mind was how Hinata refuses to acknowledge how strong Naruto actually is. He is the Hokage, one of the most powerful ninjas of all time, he saved the freaking world for crying out loud. And yet she believes if he's in trouble she, someone who retired at chunin rank, will be enough to save him. It's like she believes she's on the same level, no, she's on a higher level than Naruto is because she has to save him. This is what I mean by her not acknowledging her husband's strength, and in some ways looks down on him.

She thought he couldn't handle Kiba, Neji, Pain and whoever she left her children behind to go fight. She believes he can't handle any issues stemming from Boruto. She still sees him as the poor little orphan he once was, the kid who had it so rough she just wanted to show him all sorts of affection. It's demeaning. And the fact she put a boy she never interacted with above her teammates, her family, and her children just makes it unsettling. Tenten was right, she comes across less as someone in love and more as someone with an unhealthy obsession.

And again, Naruto's whole deal was his desire for acknowledgement and yet he's married to someone who doesn't even understand who he is. All he is to her is that lonely boy sitting on the swing when no one else was looking. Like he's a wounded animal she wants to care for.

Again eye opening hell sakura would all of that and more as she believes in naruto and he's strength and knows more about him than hinata does. Hinata is just selfish and cares not for anyone but herself.

#47765 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

It's utterly ridiculous to compare Hinata to all of these superior characters. Even when she is a ninja, and I use that term very loosely, she acts like she isn't even equipped for things a ninja would do. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm still baffled that during the war, she forgot to use, no, she forgot she had her Byakugan. Kiba had to remind her. One could deduce that Kiba knows her better than she knows herself. This, in and of itself is not like, say, forgetting you have a kunai pouch. This is her kekkei genkai, her bloodline, the reason she is seen as unique. How in the world could you forget that?

Not to mention she tripped over a rock. Not an enemy. No chakra exhaustion. A rock. By definition, a rock literally defeated her, because she gave up trying to get to Naruto. If Hinata is stronger than Sakura, then that means one can defeat Sakura by throwing rocks. Surely that would incapacitate her? Oh, wait. Sakura destroys rocks like it's nothing. How is Hinata a ninja again?

Edited by winter-serenade, 09 January 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#47766 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

It's utterly ridiculous to compare Hinata to all of these superior characters. Even when she is a ninja, and I use that term very loosely, she acts like she isn't even equipped for things a ninja would do. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm still baffled that during the war, she forgot to use, no, she forgot she had her Byakugan. Kiba had to remind her. One could deduce that Kiba knows her better than she knows herself. This, in and of itself is not like, say, forgetting you have a kunai pouch. This is her kekkei genkai, her bloodline, the reason she is seen as unique. How in the world could you forget that?

Not to mention she tripped over a rock. Not an enemy. No chakra exhaustion. A rock. By definition, a rock literally defeated her, because she gave up trying to get to Naruto. If Hinata is stronger than Sakura, then that means one can defeat Sakura by throwing rocks. Surely that would incapacitate her? Oh, wait. Sakura destroys rocks like it's nothing. How is Hinata a ninja again?

Well techincally...

If Hinata was defeated by a stationary rock and if we go by the ridiculous notion that Sakura is weaker, then Sakura could be defeated not by throwing rocks but merely by the cosmic notion that rocks as a concept exist since Hinata (the supposed superior) was defeated by a mere stationary rock.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#47767 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Oh PSHHHHHH,  take any  physically and emotionally strong female from any action/fighting oriented series and they would not only beat Hinata, they would obliterate her and desecrate her corpse! and that is WITH both heands tied behind the female in question's back and Hinata post having her  "N-Naruto-kun!-gasms"! :zaru:  

Hell, she would lose to OTHER "moe" female fighters like Noel from BlazBlue

without
At least Noel develops as a character and is not just crush minded, And Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura only needs a good smack with the power card :yes:

pfft all pyra/mythra would have to do is

spoilers for xenoblade 2

Edited by ultranx, 09 January 2018 - 03:45 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#47768 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Seeing Rules's notion about Hinata, it makes me also remember one thing that pisses me off about the ending and the series too; the fact HInata had a lot of potential to grow, but she wasn't allowed to change, just like how the post-Yahagi editors wouldn't let Sakura change in spite of the evidence to the contrary before the Land of Iron nonsense.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 09 January 2018 - 06:19 PM.

#47769 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Seeing Rules's notion about Hinata, it makes me also remember one thing that pisses me off about the ending and the series too; the fact HInata had a lot of potential to grow, but she wasn't allowed to change, just like how the post-Yahagi editors wouldn't let Sakura change in spite of the evidence to the contrary before the Land of Iron nonsense.

THIS!

Hinata had overwhelming potential to grow. She could've grown out of her crush, or out of her stutter, or actually changed the Hyuuga system! No more seals on Branch members! But she was always the same, regardless. She never developed. Not in strength, because she's never won a fight. She probably still has that stutter. And worst of all, her world continued to revolve around Naruto.

It's fine to love someone. Naruto loved Sakura, yet his world didn't revolve around her. He had other priorities and wasn't constantly obsessing over her. His biggest dream wasn't to get married with Sakura, it was to become Hokage.

Sakura's astounding development was halted during the Kage Summit arc, continued again when she gained the Strength of 100 Seal and finally was able to fight alongside her team, and broken again during her confession to Sasuke after Kaguya. It's saddening.

Edited by winter-serenade, 09 January 2018 - 07:39 PM.

#47770 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yes. You could make the argument that Hinata got an even worse treatment than Sakura. Sakura was just some civilian ninja. She shouldn't have been defined by her love life, but she was, so whatever. Hinata was supposed to care about the livelihood of the Hyuga and making sure that what happened to her cousin would never happen again.

With Sakura, her parents aren't even in the manga. She isn't letting anyone down. Naruto does not love her and neither does Sasuke but she lies to herself that at least Sasuke does.

Hinata's character arc demanded a resolution to those issues or she would be seen as betraying at least her dead cousin, if not all her clansmen. Sakura only screwed herself over, so in that way she actually looks better.

Edited by DrK, 09 January 2018 - 07:43 PM.

#47771 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

Well isn't that the case for every relevant character in the story? Sasuke is still wandering around without returning to the village, and to that I say what was the EFFING point of Naruto even bothering to to go through all that wangst and drama to the point of saying he'll give up being Hokage if he can't save his "sexy boy toy"? Kakashi did nothing in office except to use his power to excuse his teacher's pet and play seat warmer for future scumbag "Boruto's dad", plus to let Obito vicariously feel the Hokage's seat. Naruto straight up died in his soul and lost all of his personality and charisma to become the hypocritical, pen pushing, workaholic, deadbeat husband/neglectful father that plagues this series to this day. Nobody got worse treatment than the damn main/title character, and that unfortunately that was a BYPRODUCT of PAIRING BIAS. It is utterlly F%&#ing disgusting and because of that will always be the worst story ever written in my eyes. No other story ever betrayed it's themes and morals to play "matchmaking narrative". NOT ONE THAT I CAN RECALL

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#47772 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Well isn't that the case for every relevant character in the story? Sasuke is still wandering around without returning to the village, and to that I say what was the EFFING point of Naruto even bothering to to go through all that wangst and drama to the point of saying he'll give up being Hokage if he can't save his "sexy boy toy"? Kakashi did nothing in office except to use his power to excuse his teacher's pet and play seat warmer for future scumbag "Boruto's dad", plus to let  Obito vicariously feel the Hokage's seat. Naruto straight up died in his soul and lost all of his personality and charisma to become the hypocritical, pen pushing, workaholic, deadbeat husband/neglectful father that plagues this series to this day. Nobody got worse treatment than the damn main/title character, and that unfortunately that was a BYPRODUCT of PAIRING BIAS. It is utterlly F%&#ing disgusting and because of that will always be the worst story ever written in my eyes. No other story ever betrayed it's themes and morals to play "matchmaking narrative". NOT ONE THAT I CAN RECALL

Well, sure, Even the dead characters. For instance, Itachi. He cried tears of blood for having to kill his family and comrades. He gave everything to save his brother because he loved him. But Sasuke doesn't give a kitten about his comrades and family right now, so he learned nothing from Itachi's sacrifice. And Itachi looks bad now for even saving him. The fact that Itachi did that hurt so many people, some of which are still suffering to this day. Itachi shouldn't have to have that on his conscience. Itachi lived for the sake of others, but he died to save a self-centered douche who was not inspired by his selflessness at all? It doesn't even make any sense narratively.

Or Jiraiya and Nagato with their association with the now worthless Naruto.

Edited by DrK, 09 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

#47773 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

It's because of Hinata's unique situation. She was popular without getting any real focus, causing the people in charge to think that if they made her more prominent it would lead to $$$. They thought they could keep her as is. The thing is though not only was the execution way off, it also involved the character assassination of the central cast (as well as killing off another popular character). Then to add insult to injury, with Hinata being more in the spotlight people began seeing just how unhealthy her obsession with Naruto-kun was. 

We have seen them try to insert more Sakura-ish qualities into Hinata, but that's just damage control like them reacting to Naruto not having time for his kids or SP not wanting to use Sarada's manga outfit.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#47774 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

Hinata was a popular http://tvtropes.org/...sembleDarkhorse the problem is that while that was fine at first because that let people imagine what she would do if she was important. When they actually made her important to the story people then expected she would then gain some presence in the plot. instead, other then the story where she became Naruto's wife. She has either the same or even less presence then she had before, and that's including the fact that she is now the main character's mother in the sequel.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 January 2018 - 11:03 PM.

#47775 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

ha nice that's really good and shows how flawed hinata is and awful too. When Kiba has to remind her about that you know your a bad character.

Well isn't that the case for every relevant character in the story? Sasuke is still wandering around without returning to the village, and to that I say what was the EFFING point of Naruto even bothering to to go through all that wangst and drama to the point of saying he'll give up being Hokage if he can't save his "sexy boy toy"? Kakashi did nothing in office except to use his power to excuse his teacher's pet and play seat warmer for future scumbag "Boruto's dad", plus to let  Obito vicariously feel the Hokage's seat. Naruto straight up died in his soul and lost all of his personality and charisma to become the hypocritical, pen pushing, workaholic, deadbeat husband/neglectful father that plagues this series to this day. Nobody got worse treatment than the damn main/title character, and that unfortunately that was a BYPRODUCT of PAIRING BIAS. It is utterlly F%&#ing disgusting and because of that will always be the worst story ever written in my eyes. No other story ever betrayed it's themes and morals to play "matchmaking narrative". NOT ONE THAT I CAN RECALL

makes it look like the whole point of getting sasuke back was pointless, serioulsy if sasuke got away in the war nothing would change, Kakashi sucKS as hokage and is pointless too, all homages suck save Minato.

#47776 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

Hinata was a popular http://tvtropes.org/...sembleDarkhorse the problem is that while that was fine at first because that let people imagine what she would do if she was important. When they actually made her important to the story people then expected she would then gain some presence in the plot. instead, other then the story where she became Naruto's wife. She has either the same or even less presence then she had before, and that's including the fact that she is now the main character's mother in the sequel.

It kinda reminds me of old Daria fanfics. There were people who want to increase the number of friends Daria willingly hangs out with, and there are some favorites. The intelligent Jodie, the goth Andrea, and Stacy the bullied member of the fashion club (mainly to get her the hell out of there). Then canon showed why these wouldn't work. Jodie and Daria clashed when they worked together on a project which resulted in Daria compromising on her usually strict morals, Andrea viewed Daria as a bully who put others down for her own amusement, and Daria couldn't stand Stacy's high maintenance emotions. In addition one of the episodes in the last season had this girl who looked up to Daria only for Daria to be annoyed by this, pretty much saying to the fans that Daria is a very unpleasant person to be around (funny thing, this episode contained animated avatars of fans who won some contest).

But these are all parts of mid-to-late seasons where there's great emphasis on Daria herself growing up.

Then we have the recent stuff like how people spent two years wondering who exactly Rey and Snoke were prior to Last Jedi.

When there's things left unsaid, there's room for all sorts of fanon. Just look at how people started viewing Tenten as a feminist. Hinata appeared in even less pages despite having more established backstory and motivations. People picked up on that, but Kishi/SP did nothing with those other than her getting her man.

Edited by RulesofNature, 10 January 2018 - 12:08 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#47777 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

Well, sure, Even the dead characters. For instance, Itachi. He cried tears of blood for having to kill his family and comrades. He gave everything to save his brother because he loved him. But Sasuke doesn't give a kitten about his comrades and family right now, so he learned nothing from Itachi's sacrifice. And Itachi looks bad now for even saving him. The fact that Itachi did that hurt so many people, some of which are still suffering to this day. Itachi shouldn't have to have that on his conscience. Itachi lived for the sake of others, but he died to save a self-centered douche who was not inspired by his selflessness at all? It doesn't even make any sense narratively.

EXACTLY.

#47778 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

insert Hinata in Batman's place.

1684666.jpg?1092

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#47779 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

Makes me wish Itachi saw just how wrong he was about Sasuke and killed him rather than fight Kabuto alongside him (given he completely wasted Shisui's technique on a freaking test to break Edo Tensei's control over him).

2e5.gif

#47780 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

insert Hinata in Batman's place.
1684666.jpg?1092

Is that superboy prime , though I hate him if that was hinata there would be awesome.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users