• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

Kekkaishi

QUOTE ("Plot")
Five hundred years ago, a feudal lord was attacked by demons wanting to retrieve his mysterious inner power, the invincible power that can help them take over the human world. The famous mage, Tokimori Hazama, was called upon, and with his 2 students, managed to save the whole land. But they fell ill, the feudal lord was killed, his power was also buried with him at a site called Karasumori.

In the present day, Yoshimori Sumimura and Tokine Yukimura, heirs of the Hazama clan, became the kekkaishi protecting the land and the power. They use a technique called Kekkai, a form of magical barrier, used to capture and destroy Ayakashi (monsters/demons) that are drawn to this land. Any demons that come near the power will become stronger and therefore Yoshimori and Tokine are to guard the land from intrusion of the Ayakashi.

But some of the demons form a powerful organization to take over that mysterious power. Yoshimori plans to destroy not only the demons, but also to gain the power to completely save the world from being controlled by demons. To do that, he first needs to know what the power actually is, and also strengthen his poor kekkai skills.

I first got into this about two years ago, when a friend of mine gave me the first fifteen episodes of the anime. I'm a big fan of mainstream shonen-series for some reason, which is why DBZ, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece will always be a big thing for me. Kekkaishi has original fights if I've ever seen one, and the characters are a joy to follow. As a pairing fanboy, I dare say I like Yoshimori and Tokine even more than I like NaruSaku *gasp*

Oh well, I could rant on for hours, but I'll let you guys judge. Give it a shot at least, as I'd really like to talk about the chapters like we do so many others.

Here's the manga, so CLICK THIS!! <-- That!

I'd find you downloads for the anime, but it's but a minute of google away from y'all, so I'll leave that up to you.

Joke!! here you go!

#2 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Hm this looks rather interesting. And if its classic Shounen I'll give it a try for sure!!

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

I'm a long time reader of Kekkashi, too! biggrin.gif I've read up to the latest chapter.

Kekkaishi has a very strong plot as well as great characters, with real depth. The current arc is excellent (as always), and it really leads us to question what exactly Karasumori is. So many plot threads to follow!

Current Arc Spoiler --Click here to view--

I can't wait to see what Yoshimori's landlord will look like!

#4 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Something is about to hit the fan next chapter, and I want it now!! please?!

Anyway, YOSHIMORI/TOKINE 4 EVER love.gif

Edit:

Here's the newly released chapter.

Looks like Yoshimori might have to pull out something really special this time, if he wants to protect Karasumori from defeat. Maybe it's time to show his Landlord? I'm so hyped about this arc right now, I don't even know what to say. There's something about powerup-arcs that just appeals to me alot. From being just strong to ZOMFG in just a couple of chapters? Oh yes! The raws are up to chapter 260, but I haven't had the guts to spoil myself yet.

So Smiter, do you have any guesses about who or what Yoshimori's landlord might be (like)? I'm starting to believe that Yoshimori will summon Karasumori itself, or perhaps the spirit of the clan's founder himself, Tokimori Hazama. Ooooh, I'm excited! wow.png

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Current Arc Spoilers --Click here to view--

I'm keeping an open mind on who/what Yoshimori's landlord is, Vyse. smile.gif However, I doubt it'll be Karasumori - it would be far too powerful. XD; Maybe it's connected to that hidden power Yoshimori has, the "pure" version of the zekkai he's used to protect his friends?

Go Yoshimori/Tokine! XD Heh, I wonder if there will be a small timeskip sometime in the future, where we see Yoshimori pulling a Naruto and growing taller than Tokine? tongue.gif

#6 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

I guess you're right. It would have been fun I guess, if Yoshimori got so insanely overpowered, but I guess he'll get something different. I like Madarao though, so I'm a little peeved he won't be his familiar anymore. As long as it's not the cake-man, I'm alright with whatever! Maybe it'll be Gen? XD

#7 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Spoilers for newest chapter --Click here to view--
For some reason, I really think Yoshimori is lagging now. I wish he could just get his head together and blank his mind for that awesome power. I want to see his familliar already! ^^

I'm looking forward to seeing his brother fight as well.

#8 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jul 9 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoilers for newest chapter --Click here to view--
For some reason, I really think Yoshimori is lagging now. I wish he could just get his head together and blank his mind for that awesome power. I want to see his familliar already! ^^

I'm looking forward to seeing his brother fight as well.

The "newest chapter" confused me for a sec - scans are at 264, right? Two more chapters...
CHAPTER 266 SPOILER - YOSHIMORI'S "LANDLORD --Click here to view--
A box...

Nope. Yoshi's familiar/guardian, Shikuma (weird shape-shifting dragon?).

#9 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

Tanabe-sensei really picked a strange choice for Yoshimori's Landlord. Let's just hope it IS poweful.

Edited by Newkerz, 11 July 2009 - 11:02 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#10 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

I guess Yoshi being the Shonen stereotype with endless power, his landlord will probably be something that augments him well. It can probably grow in size or something, like Madarao. I admit I was hoping for Madarao to be his Landlord, but that wouldn't have been very creative I guess. Better to create something new, and from the looks of it, that thing will be a lippy SOAB! XD

Bring it on! ^^

#11 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

Wow, that was... unexpected. I never would have imagined anything like that!

Looking forward to when that chapter gets scanlated. biggrin.gif I really want to know what Tokine is thinking in that page, she looks shocked/fearful.

#12 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well, as expected... Yoshi's awesome-level skyrocketed! With any impurity removed from his kekkai, Yoshimori is well on his way to become the strongest Kekkaishi to ever live. Oh, and the personality of his landlord was just as expected so far. When he was introduced, going "keke", I knew I was going to love this new adition to the team.

GG YOSHI!

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Damn it freaks me out if Yoshimori can somehow combine his Kekkai techniques with Zekkai......

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 t3h20r

t3h20r

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

Few things from me:
1. A Landlord can not be a creature that already exists as something else. The Landlord may look like it but can't be it. The reason is simple = a Landlord is part of oneself which means it is unique. Tokine even even says(well, it's a monologue, so she doesn't actually speak) in the chapter 266, when she sees how Shiguma/Shikuma looks: "But, isn't a Landlord part of oneself!? - Why did it choose to settle in that strange form... - That is... Yoshimori's alter ego..!"
2. It can not change it's shape once it is brought out. It keeps it's shape forever (until the Kekkaishi dies).
3. It does not fight. It just helps the Kekkaishi on a let's say spiritual level. It helps him control his kekkai(s) stability so he can concentrate his mind on controlling the power of kekkai(s). Landlords do have some unique abilities indeed - Masamori's landlord Kurohime can somehow create a giant radar-like barrier he uses for tracking things down.
That would be it for now xD
And by the way, I will be glad to continue posting on this topic, as I really love Kekkaishi - if you will accept my thoughts on this of course. I just hope more people will hear about this manga/anime, as even if it looks that way, it is not so popular in Europe.

Edited by t3h20r, 22 July 2009 - 03:48 PM.

#15 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Of course we'll accept your thoughts, lol, so please keep being active here (and in other threads ftw).

As for Karasumori being Yoshi's landlord, it was mostly wishful thinking on my part, as shounen mango has a weird tendency to ignore its own rules from time to time, just so the main character can be the strongest induvidual ever... hehe
I figured they could go all "Oh, Karasumori and Yoshi were so tightly conected, Yoshi ended up calling for Karasumori's spirit when releasing his landlord, and Karasumori responded. THEY R NAO 1!!!11!11oneone!" or something equally fanfictiony, but I'm glad I was wrong (or am I... hehe). Stupid vague laws of Shounen manga, making me speculate where not needed! rawr.gif

#16 t3h20r

t3h20r

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

aye, that's alright, but, this anime has still a long way to go. There's just no need for Karasumori to get on the stage yet. It will, it has to, once, but not yet xD

#17 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Heh, I guess.
Well, two new chapters out, and I have to say the techniques used in this arc blows my mind. I know they're growing stronger at a steady pace, but this is like the Super Saiyan boost. ^^
Looks as if Yoshi has surpassed the previous generation of clan heirs, especially in terms of brute power. He can probably learn control and stronger techniques yet, but he's unsurpassed in kekkai power and size for sure. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter now!

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

Spoilers for 273 --Click here to view--
Holy kitten!!! I was biting my fingers when I read this chapter!!! So, Karasumori basically wants to use Yoshi to destroy the world??? damn, this is intense!!! & I think I can predict the prophecy now.... Karasumori awakens & takes over Yoshi & nearly destroys the city thanks to a last minute save from Tokine, Even though the city is practically destroyed to a good amount of damage. Which would explain why Tokine was crying in the prophecy.

248793.jpg

#19 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Well, I figure Yoshi's new familliar isn't as sweet as Madarao, and he has alot of influence on Yoshimori. Karasumori didn't strike me as a good person, allthough I can honestly say I'm surprised that Karasumori IS a person in the first place.

I don't know about Yoshi being taken over, unless the summon is a big enough part of him to be considdered as the same person. I don't think Yoshi is in full control, and it's a little like Ichigo when fighting. He has Kuroichi just waiting to pervert Ichigo's sense of self, and take over as the king. Perhaps this is similar. The summon lives within Yoshi, yet has a connection to Karasumori of some sort, which could mean that the more Yoshi uses his summon, the stronger Karasumori's hold over him gets. But I do hope you're right about Tokine being the one to stop it all though, as I'm itching for Yokittenokine moments of fluff!!

BRING ME THE NEXT CHAPTER!

#20 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Every time someone says "Yoshi" in here, I think "Wait, what about me?"

But really. Kekkaishi for the win. I'd watch the anime/manga, but I never get around to it D:<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users