408 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

So anyone here played a Tales game? GOOD RIGHT OLD fun right? laugh.gif Anyways (if this hasn't been made already) Discuss your experiences with the tales series here, the challenges the accomplishments, the memories biggrin.gif etc. OH and share info too for during gameplay!! cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2012 - 04:24 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

The title should be Tales of series. Meh just a minor thing. Anyway I'm still waiting for them to create an English version of radiant mythology 2.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#3 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

played most of them. Last I played was Tales of Hearts in NDS. Love all of them, but my fav in decending order would be: Legendia, Abyss, Graces, ToD 2, Symphonia. I kinda like Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology too and looking forward for more awesome games from them.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Only played Tales of the world for the PSP, Symphonia for gamecube and Graces which I'm in love with.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 29 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The title should be Tales of series. Meh just a minor thing. Anyway I'm still waiting for them to create an English version of radiant mythology 2.

Uh Huh. yes.gif LOVE that game to bits!! Even more so with my brother But I didn't finish. sad.gif SO I'd like for it to be in english to understand the story. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 30 2012, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only played Tales of the world for the PSP, Symphonia for gamecube and Graces which I'm in love with.

RIGHT ON!!!! I Enjoyed Symphonia the most out of all the tales games I've played so far. Well except for Graces cause that fighting system is just AWESOME!!! And Good Story too laugh.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

How about if we discuss favorite Tales characters?
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I love Rutee from Tales of Destiny. And back then I didn't even know what Tsundere means so I guess I naturally like that character types since long ago.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#8 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I've only played Symphonia, Phantasia, and Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, which coincidentally all take place in the Aselia continuity. Symphonia was definitely my favorite of those three, but I loved them all, even DotNR. That game had some flaws, and the story wasn't nearly as well thought-out as its predecessor, but I loved the characters enough to forgive most of that. I probably shipped Emil/Marta more than anyone in Symphonia I, and I loved Marta Lualdi's character. She was so adorable I almost died. argh1.png

The thing that probably bugged me the most about that game, though, was that Scott Menville didn't return as Lloyd Irving in the localization. That totally ruined his entrance for me.

Anyways, I'll be getting the Tales of the Abyss 3DS port for Easter, which is great, since I never owned a PS2 to play the original one on. A certain Pingu told me she liked it even more than Symphonia, so I'm excited to play it. happy.gif

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 30 2012, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about if we discuss favorite Tales characters?

Symphonia: Lloyd, Sheena, Kratos, Regal
Phantasia: Chester, Arche
DotNR: MARTA!!!!!!!!!! wow.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 30 March 2012 - 11:50 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#9 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Cress and Mint from Phantasia

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Well My first experience with the Tales series was Vesperia, and I instantly fell in love, I had rented the game originally as I had never really played a JRPG before (excluding Pokemon and Zelda), and was instantly hooked, the main charactor Yuri was such a breath of fresh air, I remember looking at the cover and thinking that maybe this game was a Naruto clone or something, Yuri looked like a cross between Neji and Sasuke, Estellise looked like Sakura, and Flynn looked like Naruto, and I did see the similarities, Flynn was like Naruto in that he had allot of faith in other people and did things above board, Yuri was the darker side, and saw the world in Grey, and Estelle was the medic who didn't really know the real hardships of the real world. But the similarities ended there, Yuri quickly became one of my favourite charactor and his relationship with Flynn and Estelle was real, the way they joked around, the subtle fliting between the two. Oh and the battle system is also allot of fun, My biggest gripe about rpg's in general has been the turn based nature it (I just don't have the patience for it,) and being to just get stuck in like a beat-em up and learn the mechanics as I went along worked really well for me.

Damn just talking about it makes me want to play the game again...and boy did I have to wait a while to play it again, I had to return the rental eventually, and the supply for the game in Europe was scarce to say the least and copies were going for £200 plus on ebay, I think I even saw a copies for £500 and I just couldn't justify that kind of expense so when it finally came out on XBL I pounced and played to to death.

Right now i'm playing Graces F that I imported from the US, the game is good but not as good as Vesperia, and that's the incomplete 360 version, I still have my fingers crossed for the PS3 version to be localised, and for Xillia to be announced for localisation.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

@harry4e
Is Vesperia really better than Graces f? I thought of buying Vesperia last year but ended up buying Star Ocean 4 which has similar battle system with the Tales series.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Sarted playing Graces yesterday. Can't seem to pt it down!!! My brother, cousin and I played until 12:00 last night and until 10:00 today!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Mar 30 2012, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
played most of them. Last I played was Tales of Hearts in NDS. Love all of them, but my fav in decending order would be: Legendia, Abyss, Graces, ToD 2, Symphonia. I kinda like Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology too and looking forward for more awesome games from them.

Oh? Legendia? That's interesting cause ut usually isn't brought up as far as fan favorites goes but that's good you enjoy it biggrin.gif
Playing Graces right now. Can't seem to put it down!!! My Brother, cousin and I played it for 2 days straight RIGHT when I got gome and didn't stop until 12:00 last night and 10:00 today!!

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 31 2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well My first experience with the Tales series was Vesperia, and I instantly fell in love, I had rented the game originally as I had never really played a JRPG before (excluding Pokemon and Zelda), and was instantly hooked, the main charactor Yuri was such a breath of fresh air, I remember looking at the cover and thinking that maybe this game was a Naruto clone or something, Yuri looked like a cross between Neji and Sasuke, Estellise looked like Sakura, and Flynn looked like Naruto, and I did see the similarities, Flynn was like Naruto in that he had allot of faith in other people and did things above board, Yuri was the darker side, and saw the world in Grey, and Estelle was the medic who didn't really know the real hardships of the real world. But the similarities ended there, Yuri quickly became one of my favourite charactor and his relationship with Flynn and Estelle was real, the way they joked around, the subtle fliting between the two. Oh and the battle system is also allot of fun, My biggest gripe about rpg's in general has been the turn based nature it (I just don't have the patience for it,) and being to just get stuck in like a beat-em up and learn the mechanics as I went along worked really well for me.

Damn just talking about it makes me want to play the game again...and boy did I have to wait a while to play it again, I had to return the rental eventually, and the supply for the game in Europe was scarce to say the least and copies were going for £200 plus on ebay, I think I even saw a copies for £500 and I just couldn't justify that kind of expense so when it finally came out on XBL I pounced and played to to death.

Right now i'm playing Graces F that I imported from the US, the game is good but not as good as Vesperia, and that's the incomplete 360 version, I still have my fingers crossed for the PS3 version to be localised, and for Xillia to be announced for localisation.

Might not not happen. But I plan to get the Japanese version in either sense. Xillia too.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 31 2012, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@harry4e
Is Vesperia really better than Graces f? I thought of buying Vesperia last year but ended up buying Star Ocean 4 which has similar battle system with the Tales series.

That's his perspective. "Decide for yourself" (In the words of Luffy) Which game you think is better. Get Graces and see if it suits your tastes. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 April 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's his perspective. "Decide for yourself" (In the words of Luffy) Which game you think is better. Get Graces and see if it suits your tastes. smile.gif

I need his opinion because I'm considering two games and can only buy one. So I want to know what makes Vesperia better for him so I can relate and see whether I share the same kinds of tastes.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

I played Symphonia and Abyss, as well as the former's sequel but I really, really disliked Dawn. XD I just try to pretend it never happened. I loooved Symphonia, and Abyss was more that I liked a few characters but I wasn't as into the story.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

I've been playing Graces for the entire week! tongue.gif Just couldn't seem to put it down. My Brother and cousin are playing coop with me enhancing the experience.

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 3 2012, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need his opinion because I'm considering two games and can only buy one. So I want to know what makes Vesperia better for him so I can relate and see whether I share the same kinds of tastes.

Vesperia is not coming out for PS3; That's only in Japan. Or well you COULD order it online and ship it from Japan, though I think that copies are limited, if not out of stock already. My brother ordered one and it was in limited supply, and the other sites he wanted to order from are out of copies

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 January 2017 - 03:08 AM.

#17 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I bought Tales of the Abyss 3DS for myself as an Easter present, and I'm already in love with it. I can't really gauge how much I like it compared to the other titles I've played, but so far it's been great. I like Luke and Tear's interactions. happy.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#18 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

I really wish they release the PS3 version of Vesperia most importantly there's an additional character in said version some pirate girl I forgot her name. Anyway since I haven't play Vesperia but play Graces, I love Graces very much I haven't been so hooked to a game since Symphonia and I was really hooked on that game because I clear it like a million times.

As for my fav characters.

Chester, Ashe (they belong together nuff said), Sheena, Presea follow by Asbel and Sophie.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#19 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 1 2012, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@harry4e

Sorry for the late reply. Personally found Vesperia to be better, Graces is a very good game, but on nearly every level it's not quite at the same level as Vesperia, the story is better, I was never really at any point surprised by the plot twists in Graces, I prefer the fighting mechanics, but from what i've read the general concensous is Graces is better, but for me I just can't to grips with it, (which is probably why I can't even clear the first stage of the masters stage.) The skits were funnier for Vesperia too, but this could be because I thought the acting was better in ToV. That said if you do get Graces you wouldn't be dissapointed, there are allot of side missions to do, and the title system is very interesting as is the Dualising, the amount of time you can spend creating items could distract from the actual, which is really good as Tales only allowing you to hold 15 of each items is a pain, merging items means they aren't going to waste.

Now I want to play Star Ocean 4 again, I've played the 360 version after playing Vesperia, and brought it on the PS3 when I brought the console but never played it, now I can't remember if I sold it when I was short of cash a few months back...hope not, finding a copy would probably be a pain.

iAnby7W.gif

#20 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 9 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the late reply. Personally found Vesperia to be better, Graces is a very good game, but on nearly every level it's not quite at the same level as Vesperia, the story is better, I was never really at any point surprised by the plot twists in Graces, I prefer the fighting mechanics, but from what i've read the general concensous is Graces is better, but for me I just can't to grips with it, (which is probably why I can't even clear the first stage of the masters stage.) The skits were funnier for Vesperia too, but this could be because I thought the acting was better in ToV. That said if you do get Graces you wouldn't be dissapointed, there are allot of side missions to do, and the title system is very interesting as is the Dualising, the amount of time you can spend creating items could distract from the actual, which is really good as Tales only allowing you to hold 15 of each items is a pain, merging items means they aren't going to waste.

Now I want to play Star Ocean 4 again, I've played the 360 version after playing Vesperia, and brought it on the PS3 when I brought the console but never played it, now I can't remember if I sold it when I was short of cash a few months back...hope not, finding a copy would probably be a pain.

I see. In that case, I'll probably buy both. Vesperia would be much more cheaper now so I think that would be my first choice. I'm more of a Star Ocean fan since the games are linked together and SO4 being the Origins of the game made me want it more. Thanks for the opinion man.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users