• Please log in to reply
31585 replies to this topic

#23881 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

don't forget she trained under gohan, plus if we talk non canon with video games, she beat cyborg mercenary tao in one of the budokai tenkaichi games using ki, and I highly doubt hinata could even fight against mercenary  tao well whatsoever xD

Tao would one shot hinata like he did general blue.

#23882 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

The only thing that's not real about Naruto is the world they live in. The designs are real and the people behind them are real and the people who read the comics and are affected by them are real as well. You can send quite a real message through things that aren't real. Would IRL Sarada be defended like this? She would be slutshamed a tons, so no cosplayer could ever comfortably dress up like her.

Which is why "Just a manga fss" doesn't cut it. Ikemoto was thinking something while drawing Sarada, and I can't fathom what went through his head. Ít's all so out there, so far away from the norms and morals of our world I'm just leaving with a big wtff :twitch: 

ナルサク

#23883 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sarada's outfit is disgusting and pandering. In no world would this be ok - not in Naruto's fictional one, not in the real one. 

And especially not after Kishimoto went to such great lengths to keep young girls looking like girls, and illustrating only a few adult women to display their sexuality, and even then it's only an extension of their power (Anko, Tsunade, Samui), not as bait.

Seeing her in older clothes than a normal Naruto-universe 12yo, with an older look and attitude and in super provocative poses, when the rest of her team/agemates aren't overly sexy, is completely jarring. And honestly, just gross. 

These are characters that are simply too young to be sexualized. In a manga that historically hasn't ever sexualized the vast majority of its characters. Only for power (women) or laughs (men).

What if Sarada were dressed normally, and it was Boruto laying about across the cover, pants unbuttoned, shirt open and stroking his bare chest. It's equally disgusting and completely inappropriate as putting up Sarada in a centerfold pose, without even the hint of underwear and curve of her rear end hanging out.

Hell, why don't they just put Sarada in the center and let Boruto be the one in the pin-up pose, with no shirt, his knees tucked up and his butt hanging out?!?

If you can't take the same outfit/pose and put it on the main character, then that outfit/pose is a problem. That's not getting offended by every little thing. That's sexism. 

And it stinks no less on a fictional character than it does on the real-life illustrator who thought it was an ok thing to over-sexualize a 12yo girl and market it to another generation of real-life readers. Because some of those readers will then be brainwashed into thinking that diminishing the strongest girl into just the overtly sexual eye-candy for the cover is an acceptable thing.

So what could have been an alternative cover? Remember, this is the girl who wants to be the next Kage. There could have a shot of her in an Uchiha shirt with her sharingan flashing (and why not, it's one of the most powerful techniques in their world, and arguably more powerful than anything Boruto can strap to his wrist), thus hinting at a future storyline where she has to develop and use it. And the other dude — Skeevy McSnakerson — he could have some device that hints at his future storyline. But nope. The two guys get a boys-will-be-boys look with paintbrushes, and Sarada gets a come-hither pose. Yuck.

Also, just for the sake of saying it, I would be less grossed out if this were a one-time thing. But we've seen enough shots promoting Sarada like this to know that, unfortunately, we're going to see more of them making her a fan-favorite-female by displaying her assets rather than her real strengths.

#23884 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

Just need a little help from wind and we can see whether she wears one or not :twitch:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#23885 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

don't forget she trained under gohan, plus if we talk non canon with video games, she beat cyborg mercenary tao in one of the budokai tenkaichi games using ki, and I highly doubt hinata could even fight against mercenary  tao well whatsoever xD

lol Yeah it makes me wonder why Hinata fans think that she can beat Videl fact is if she spent her time learning more Ki well she would one shot Hinata.

#23886 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

lol Yeah it makes me wonder why Hinata fans think that she can beat Videl fact is if she spent her time learning more Ki well she would one shot Hinata.

Well, they still think Hinata could beat sakura.

@sushi
What taboo today may not be taboo tomorrow.

#23887 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

@sushi

What is okay and not will always be the same regardless of what we make taboo and not. It has little to do with one another, although it should parallel.

ナルサク

#23888 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

What is okay and not will always be the same regardless of what we make taboo and not. It has little to do with one another, although it should parallel.

I doubt it will always be the same, since Social value change overtime.

#23889 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

I doubt it will always be the same, since Social value change overtime.

No, there is a difference between what is okay and what is considered okay.

ナルサク

#23890 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

No, there is a difference between what is okay and what is considered okay.

It's always okay as long as it doesn't violate other people (well being, right, etc).

#23891 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Plus Videl can fly still can't she and she has more training cause say what you about her dad he is good at hand against normal people. Image if videl trained with piccolo or vegeta.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 21 April 2017 - 11:58 PM.

#23892 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Sarada? Like Sumire, Himawhatsherface, Chou Chou, Hinata, Sakura?

ChouChou....if she's still the same one-trick wonder she was in Gaiden then I hope not. Her shtick got old really fast.

#23893 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

Plus Videl can fly still can't she and she has more training cause say what you about her dad he is good at hand against normal people. Image if videl trained with piccolo or vegeta.

Yes she can from what I have seen and if she trained with them she would kick ass.

ChouChou....if she's still the same one-trick wonder she was in Gaiden then I hope not. Her shtick got old really fast.

I think that she might I mean who knows they really don't care as long as they give Hinata and her clone all the time in the world, which I know they will do cause this is SP and Beta males love that kitten.

@sushi

Well its what they shall always think I mean they are the same ones who say Hinata is godlike on pair with Naruto and Sasuke.

#23894 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Yes she can from what I have seen and if she trained with them she would kick ass.

I think that she might I mean who knows they really don't care as long as they give Hinata and her clone all the time in the world, which I know they will do cause this is SP and Beta males love that kitten.

Well its what they shall always think I mean they are the same ones who say Hinata is godlike on pair with Naruto and Sasuke.

I know in raging blast 1 there was a if what where Videl trains with Gohan and asks piccolo to train her and madeby then she could take on Goku and vegeta.
Hinata godlike ha that's funny and they probably have no proof of that. Hinata is a glass cannon and weak as hell, Sakura could probably one shot her.

#23895 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

Let's see their Goddess hinata take on puddin and dumplin see how long she last against the demon god and hide daughter. Also makes me want to see cell drink her and super buu go inside her and make her explode.

#23896 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

So the framing and positioning of the characters, and the overall composition of the cover, comes across as objectifying, starkly sexist, and sleazy. That’s my impression anyway.

It’s not just the design of the outfit but the highly charged posing. Sarada is not in a natural stance or a combative one. This posturing is assumed purely to draw attention along her uncovered legs – completely unlike the other two characters.

Just to make a quick comparison.

Kohaku from Inuyasha was a young character with an outfit that didn’t cover much of his legs. Thankfully though, the way he was presented never really drew attention to this. It was common garb for the time so it made sense that he’d wear it, and he changed into an actual ninja esq outfit to fight because that was more practical. (It was also a unisex outfit)

http://h.mfcdn.net/s...&ttl=1492916400

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/721117.jpg 

This chapter cover art presents the characters so the focal points are the faces, the bird and kirara. Same with the color volume cover, the points of focus are on the faces, the same for both characters. The posing is natural and more about presenting their emotional state and relationship rather than their ..err.. physicality.

#23897 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

I wasn't defending the cover just annoyed that for the last 5 or 6 pages the comments were repetitive.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 22 April 2017 - 05:51 AM.

Posted Image

#23898 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

I know in raging blast 1 there was a if what where Videl trains with Gohan and asks piccolo to train her and madeby then she could take on Goku and vegeta.
Hinata godlike ha that's funny and they probably have no proof of that. Hinata is a glass cannon and weak as hell, Sakura could probably one shot her.

Because she's a hyuga, then she's entitle to be stronger than sakura.

I think they forget that hyuga is fodder.

#23899 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

I wasn't defending the cover just annoyed that for the last 5 or 6 pages the comments were repetitive.

Its bound to happen since many will wish to say their opinion, heck it will likely happen again when if an even more controversial look appears later in the series.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 22 April 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#23900 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Hinata's not even a cannon. She's more like a wet straw wrapper.

2e5.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)