#61 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Whirlpool-Maelstrom @ Mar 15 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have been reading this manga for over a month ago. It has become one of my favorites. Chapter 89 was very nice can't wait until the next ones.

P.S: Did she just shatter a bolt with her teeth? o.O?

Indeed she did.

#62 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Have to be honest I had to reread the entire Manga for a second time, becaue first time round the whole plus and minus confused the hell out of me. Makes much more sense now and it's even more enjoyable.

Though I am confused by some of the history of Medaka, i'm not certain but I get the feeling the auther is deliberatley being inconsistant, like how originally it was implied she was the only child, then two siblings pop up. she lives on her own, but she mentions how her brother should come home more often because their parents would like to see himshe's a year younger than her sister yet she mentions it's six years. unless ofcourse Medaka is only 12 years old or something? Which might be possible.

It's a shame that with the exception of Medaka I can't seem to remember a single charactors name....lol Hopefully there will be a Anime for this soon and it will make it easier to remember the charactor names.

iAnby7W.gif

#63 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

Chapter 90

the "book maker" seems to be giving Medaka a hard time, Medaka is acting like she has feelings for Kumagawa. Can't wait to see how things turns out, Medaka already turned against Zenkichi and the gang before so i don't think it'll happen again.

Edited by Dreamer, 21 March 2011 - 04:23 AM.

#64 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Chapter 92

I'm glad to see Ajimu has showed up, i got a feeling Zenkichi will be the one to stop her instead of Medaka this time.

Edited by Dreamer, 14 April 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#65 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

Chapter 95

The interviews were crazy.

Edited by Dreamer, 23 May 2011 - 04:40 AM.

#66 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Chapter 103 has been put up.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#67 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

The recent chapters have been okay i guess, it kind of sucks Zenkichi is being treated this way. Hopefully he'll get more panel time soon.

#68 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

Update Medaka Box anime

I think people are also going to like the upcoming chapters as well from what I've been reading from the raws and spoilers. smile.gif

#69 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Yeah just read the the Manga got an anime adaptation, should be interesting to see who they cast as Medaka. The Manga's been a bit boring without Zenkichi and Medaka in recent weeks (though might have changed as I am a few weeks behind) they are the core of the manga and what makes it interesting, the rest are just not as memorable.

It's strange that the most memorable charactor in this Manga is the most normal person in the entire cast.

iAnby7W.gif

#70 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 3 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah just read the the Manga got an anime adaptation, should be interesting to see who they cast as Medaka. The Manga's been a bit boring without Zenkichi and Medaka in recent weeks (though might have changed as I am a few weeks behind) they are the core of the manga and what makes it interesting, the rest are just not as memorable.

It's strange that the most memorable charactor in this Manga is the most normal person in the entire cast.

Well, about Medaka and Zenkichi...

They appear again after a long absence. It's all in raw format, but I'm getting the feeling that he might leave her party because she is doing many things he disaproves, I'm not 100% sure about that thought.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#71 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Oct 3 2011, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, about Medaka and Zenkichi...

They appear again after a long absence. It's all in raw format, but I'm getting the feeling that he might leave her party because she is doing many things he disaproves, I'm not 100% sure about that thought.

Ok caught up with the manga (or the translated chapters atleast,) and poor Zenkichi, I think Medaka has gone too far now, and don't understand Zenkichi not will to work part of a team, this is the same person who is still friends with Hansode even when she went against Medaka. If it's one thing I find strange about the manga is the charactors change too much almost appear OOC, specially this arc.

Maybe i'm failing to understand the manga, I don't want to have to read this a third time, because I did have to read it all over once before because I was completely lost as to what was going on....hopefully the Anime is not just yor bogstandard 12 episode series and a long one, so I can watch it all and understand what's actually going on.

Edited by harry4e, 06 October 2011 - 11:49 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#72 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 6 2011, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok caught up with the manga (or the translated chapters atleast,) and poor Zenkichi, I think Medaka has gone too far now, and don't understand Zenkichi not will to work part of a team, this is the same person who is still friends with Hansode even when she went against Medaka. If it's one thing I find strange about the manga is the charactors change too much almost appear OOC, specially this arc.

Maybe i'm failing to understand the manga, I don't want to have to read this a third time, because I did have to read it all over once before because I was completely lost as to what was going on....hopefully the Anime is not just yor bogstandard 12 episode series and a long one, so I can watch it all and understand what's actually going on.

Zenkichi don't feel so OOC in my opinion, actually, let's face it, most of us would act the same way as him if we were on his shoes, there are just times when we are too full of ego or pride to let other persons help us, so his action are actually quite understable, but about Medaka she really feels OOC, or pehaps she was aways a b*tch and we never noticed, regardless, I took a peek at the latest chapter and...

It seems Zenkichi grew tired of Medaka bossyness and want to chalange her to become the main character, and when he confronts her, she once again acts OOC (or like an b*tch, well, whatever suits your taste better) and hit him from his back like an coward, and the chapter ends with this, with the two seemly about to kick each other arses.

Ah, and here is an link for the latest chapter were this happens: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQRWRYS6

#73 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Honestly.... --Click here to view--
Ok... I seriously have to ask: What are you guys expecting from Medaka really? She is all around a super human but I think the one thing that you guys seem to forget is that she is also incredibly trusting and almost too innocent for her own goods. It is already mentioned in 115 that her reaction to Zenkichi is due to Anshin's manipulation to break the strongest bond she have and yes, Medaka fall right into the ploy. Hardly surprising considering we are talking about the girl who stupidly believes her enemy's words despite knowing the risk.

From what I gather from the latest chapters, Anshin's strategy have 1 distinct difference compared to the ones employed by the others before her: While the ones before her goes straight to challenge Medaka, Anshin is taking the detour through Zenkichi. I won't be surprised if her ploy is to make Zenkichi being at odds with Medaka and therefore robbing Medaka from her biggest supporter, that in itself would be a heavy blow against Medaka. I won't be surprised if the next on the list would be to take away the rest of Medaka's supporter one by one.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#74 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

OK so had to recap allot of the manga and realised Zen was not out of charactor, he's always been stubborn, though he's had to be to be able to keep up with Medaka. I still don't agree with Medaka's reaction to Zenkichi, not that she hit him, but her facial expression, it was one of Hatred or something I've never seen before on her....pissed me off. But at the same time intrigues me as it's one of the few times she's shown real emotion, and not one mimicked. The guys a human in a pond surrounded by plus's and minus's and he's slowly becoming an insignificent part of Medaka's life, she didn't even notice him not being with the rest of them until after it was pointed out to her.

I've read the spoilers for the next two chapters and i'm going to agree with Zen's thinking, won't say much more as it would be spoilers.

iAnby7W.gif

#75 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Chapter 116 Now released, a major turning point in the Manga.

iAnby7W.gif

#76 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Chapter 117: http://www.mangaread.../medaka-box/117

That sure is an strange development. Is it wrong for me to say that I really want Medaka to get her ass kicked?

#77 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

I'm really liking this new development. cool.gif

QUOTE (alexander @ Oct 16 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 117: http://www.mangaread.../medaka-box/117

That sure is an strange development. Is it wrong for me to say that I really want Medaka to get her ass kicked?

Not at all, remember she is turning into the villain and for everything Zenkichi has tried to do for her she just shuns him away.

Edited by Dreamer, 16 October 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#78 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Oct 16 2011, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really liking this new development. cool.gif

Not at all, remember she is turning into the villain and for everything Zenkichi has tried to do for her she just shuns him away.

Raws for chapter 118: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IRL4PXZP

Oh well, at least he did his best, there is aways an second chance.

#79 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Treasure hunt was a little boring but this is more then making up for it.

JLHza2T.png

#80 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

Wait did Naruto's name just randomly get thrown into the mix? Oh well this chapter made very little sense, will have to wait for the CXCscans translations, but it's finaly getting good, the last arc was boring, if not for Kumagawa's random comments, I would have dropped the manga completely, but now i'm happy I kept reading.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users